carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, once I get the EC ring sized, I probably won't mind it. It's so stinking loose it really flops around. It is the only setting other than a solitaire I liked with the EC. I'm just toying with - ooh what can I upgrade? I should just get everything sized and move on with my day. LOL.

I bet the punch bowl set was heavy. I am kind of surprised it only weighs 24 pounds. Nice you sold it though.

Darn you broke a nail. The dog just wanted to make sure everything was okay.

My friend wants a new diamond ring pretty bad. Her husband seemed disinterested last night and she's all worried she shouldn't be looking or buying one. I pointed out to guys opinions on us shopping jewelry and clothes is like our opinions when they are trying to pick power tools or a socket / wrench set. JUST PICK ONE! I DON"T CARE!!! She is still browsing online today so hopefully she decides on something. She's buying it, so go for it.

Paris is a great name for your opal ring. Great idea to require a signature. We find stuff all over outside, sometimes not even on the front porch. Some things that require a signature are kind of silly. Other things they'll just leave and not get the signature. Who figures.

I think it is not a bad idea to ask Whiteflash with Bob Ross. I need to get my ring sent off this week. Still toying with moving my studs from YG to platinum as well.

Yay for progress on washing glasses and taking pictures. I haven't done much of anything this weekend. Laundry and worked a bit on my program for the astronomy meeting this week. And doing more Dr. Google searches.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I was thinking of you all day yesterday as I was taking pics of a bunch of glasses that I'm pretty sure you'll say -- Hey! I remember those from when I was a kid! Let me know when you look at the site. I'll be really surprised if you don't recognize them! Stay away from Dr. Google! I know it's hard... but... TRY!!! Remember those Lenox snowflakes? I ordered four sets and now I'm sorry I didn't get more because they were such a good price and they are turning out to be the perfect "fill in" gift! I wanted to keep a set for myself, but if push comes to shove I'll give them all away. I agree about asking WF. Hopefully I will have time to send Vera a message today with the two inspiration rings and a description of how I'm thinking of marrying them together.

Yesterday was a slog... Since I had washed and queued up all those glasses on Saturday I was Ready To Go first thing. By the last set I was on the verge of just loading them all into a big box and driving straight to the Salvation Army to make a donation, but I powered through! And then... I got about three dozen more glasses as last night's auction, LOL. But they are all the same kind so it should be just one easy listing.

This week is going to be miserable. I can hear my boss on the other side of the wall. I'm sure we're going to have to rehash everything Allllll Overrrrrrr Againnnnnnnn. Ugh. Please. Just LET ME GO!!! Do you think anyone would notice if I poured a bit of bourbon in my coffee this morning?!

Alright, off to fix a problem that I realized on Friday. Thank god I print EVERYTHING and can refer back to a paper record if I need it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, too funny so many of your glasses bring back memories. Just means I'm OLD. I can't stay away from Dr. Google - today I'm more like I'll put up with this if it's benign. That radiofrequency isn't covered by a lot of insurance. It's more than a ring too.

The Lenox snowflake sets were a screaming deal. I gave two boxes away already. Do they still have them for the same price? I keep getting emails from them with different discounts. Did you email Vera? I did. I need to get my diamond ring sized, it's driving me nuts when I wear it; it just slides right around to the bottom. I have my FedEx boxes already once I get my label and pay.

You washed a lot of dishes yesterday. Sorry you'll be having a rough week. Did you boss calm down? You have the luxury of being in a good spot - what are they going to do - fire you? I sure got short timers disease quickly after giving my notice. I don't see why you can't have bourbon at work.

I had one of those short nights. Darn insomnia. I worked most of the day. it was stinking cold here today. I used a vest and down vest to walk over to get the mail. That was my big outing. Looks like winter temps are here for the foreseeable future.

No luck on the test results yet and no bill in my insurance. I'm NOT Dr. Googling tonight. I'm browsing jewelry instead.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. my mom had some of the Libbey gold leaf glasses.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby -- I knew it! Seriously, we ALL had the same stuff when we were kids! I should check the Lenox site and see if those snowflakes are on special again. Our temps here have plummeted too. When I got down to the lobby of my building this morning the doorlady took one look at me and said, "You need to go back upstairs..." She was right. I had to get an umbrella and boots. Shortly after I got to the office the rain had turned to snow and there's no end in sight. Damn. STILL no word from the doc on progress?! WTF.

Last night I left here around 6:30 and popped over to Nordstrom Rack to look for turtlenecks. The only one I found was Barbie Doll sized -- the XL looked light it might fit a ten year old. But I did find a cute Marc Jacobs red purse. It was $200 though and I'm not sure I would EVER carry the thing. Red... ?!? If I could find it in black or gray, or even camel, though, I might have to buy it!

I'm pretty sure my boss has now stopped talking to be altogether. Except I've got my weekly 2:30 meeting with him and that's still on the calendar. Ugh.

Alright, of to do some clean-up projects. Wish me luck!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sent an email to Vera with a mish-mash of ideas! Fingers crossed someone there can make heads or tails of my "vision"! :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! And Paris has shipped! Of course it will show up next week some time when we are in Phoenix. Murphy's Law...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure Whiteflash can figure out what you want for Bob Ross. I got my shipping label which I promptly printed and jammed up our printer. I put two pages of 5x7 labels in the single sheet feed. Can you already figure out what happened? Yep, paper jam for the second sheet. I opened every door and tray and couldn't find the jammed labels. My HR guy was on a call. So google helped me figure out how to get to the jam. Yay, I fixed it myself.

Sweet Paris is on its way.

Wow, I am surprised the snowflakes are on special again. They must have a lot of them. It is a great deal.

Sorry it was so snowy there. We had a bit of snow but it's frigid and windy as heck out there. I need gas and to go to FedEx, but since it feels like 12 - forget it. I'll try tomorrow when it feels like 20 something.

Yes, I think we all had the same dishes and glasses as a kid.

No word from the doctor and no bill in my insurance account. Sigh.

Darn you couldn't find some warm turtlenecks at Nordie's. I got two I ordered from Duluth (thermal tops not turtlenecks) and their size seems to run small. They'll work though. Sizes are all over the place. I'm more concerned about warmth than the size.

If your boss won't talk to you, he sounds as childish as the one I had at my "day" job. He was like a temperamental teenager at times. Did you have your meeting?

I worked on busy work projects most of the day. Had a few short term updates to do, but didn't sleep worth a darn again so felt like the busy work was more suited to my skill set today.

I told Marty he should go put gas in my car - he burned almost half a tank out of it this weekend. Ha!

Laters,
Curby

P.S. today I'm still leaning towards I would trade my big blue solitaire for a ruby heart ring. We will see . . .

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, your printer escapade sounds like my situation All. The. Time. The one I use downstairs to print label is an absolute POS. Half the time it's offline. Half the time it says there's a paper jam. And half the time there really IS a paper jam. The only way to fix it is to remove the printer from the system and then reinstall it. Of course this generally happens when I am running late getting a box to the post office, which is closing within about 15 minutes. My language becomes very colorful in those instances. Did Marty put gas in the Curbymobile? My assistant bought a coat on Lands Ends today -- she said thanks for texting about that! Trading in the big blue solitaire for a ruby heart... hmmmmm.... I will need to think on that a bit.

So today has been A Day. I was up and ready for the internet man by 8 am (my window was 8 - 10 so I figured if I wasn't ready by 8 he'd be knocking on my door first thing!). He got there around 8:30, finished up quick, and I was out of my condo by 9:30. Then I picked up my best friend who has MS so her mobility is pretty limited. Her mother just went into assisted living and my friend wanted to liquidate some of her mother's jewelry in anticipation of upcoming expenses. We went to a place that buys stuff up in her neighborhood and sold two rings. I think she was a bit disappointed, even though she didn't say so, because the ring her mother always called "ruby" was actually garnet, and the diamond ring had a big chip on the girdle and some inclusions that were hidden under a prong. But it is what it is unfortunately. Then we went to lunch and after that I headed north.

When I got here I had three orders to pack up. One of them is HUGGGGGGE. I've been corresponding with a lady all day and she finally placed her order. She bought twelve of my listings for fifty one total pieces of glass (dishes). I was really surprised -- I didn't expect her to buy nearly so much! I actually had to print her order out so I can keep track as I pack things. I've already packed the two small easy orders, I'm about to start the other order of a pitcher and four glasses, and then I'll likely wrap a bunch of the stuff for the big order but actually put it in boxes tomorrow. I just want to double check against the packing slip before I tape any boxes shut!

I've got a bunch of x-mas gifts that I've ordered from Etsy, plus Paris, that are coming from overseas. Tracking on all of these packages is spotty at best. Ugh. Frankly I would rather stuff doesn't come now for about ten days since we'll be in Phoenix next week, but I can't even tell where things are at this point!

Alright, down to the basement I go. Time to pack some more!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sorry your label printer is a PITA. As for colorful language, I get that. I am know for colorful metaphors. Our last wireless printer acted like that - going off line all the time. After I bitched about it - frequently - my IT found it was switching IP addresses all the time. He finally fixed it but it's now in his office downstairs. Ha! He still sends stuff he prints to the one in the den. I was relieved the label part didn't get stuck on the drum or a toner cartridge.

Marty did not top off the gas tank in the Curbymobile - I took care of it when I ran my ring to FedEx. I had on my long squall parka, hat and gloves so it wasn't too bad. Right after I got home, I had a text from one of those jewelry stores at the mall and my rings were ready to pick up. The rhodolite garnet ring was sized the same size as my wedding bands so while it fits my right hand, it was tight so they are sizing it up a half size. That is the ring I paid to re-shank so they better not stretch it to size it. Kay's had my tsavorite ring back but hadn't notified me because they had to return my bracelet again. Still not the right size. I totally get that about swapping my big blue (mini me to yours, of course) for a heart ruby. I doubt they have one I like but we'll see. I think all the stress I've been going through means I deserve a new ring. Of course, my resizing fees are adding up. Ha Ha.

Nice the internet guy showed up on time. That was nice of you to help out your friend. Hate to hear she has MS, a good friend of mine had that, I dropped something by for her one time and her little dog bolted out the door. She said she'd go find him but I felt bad, I found him running his little legs off about 3 blocks from her house. Took me a while to get him in my car but I returned him safely to "mom" and got to school on time. That is too bad her mom's rings didn't end up getting as much money as she hoped. Marty's grandma had that big ruby ring I sent you a picture of and claimed it was real. Marty's mom and sister still claim it's a real ruby but no way is it a genuine ruby. Nice you and your friend went out to lunch.

That was a huge order to pack up. I am so anal, I've ripped open things before worried I got everything in the box.

So you are heading to Phoenix again for turkey day? We are staying here since Marty doesn't want to wreck a rental car in California again. Ha Ha. I guess we are going out to brunch with a friend of mine and her family. She's the one I sent you a rant about earlier on her dreams of a new ring are crushed. Oh well, not my problem and I'd best keep my mouth shut.

I seemed to be running errands more today than working. I had an appointment this after with a guy at the bank, kind of pointless but he replaced our financial guy and comes up from Denver so I think I should get to know him a little bit. Marty was on a call so he didn't go.

Since it was so cold and windy, I panfried steaks in butter for lunch. Made a huge mess on the stove but they weren't bad.

I need to practice my program for tomorrow night's astronomy club meeting. Our first since spring of 2020.

And no word on you know what. But I didn't read anything on Dr. Google last night.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy early Thursday kids!

Curby, it was nice of you to track down your friend's escapee doggie. It's sad to see my friend's mobility decline like this. She's started using a cane, which is actually a good thing because it gives her a little more confidence in her stability so she's getting out a bit more. I've also had to open up a few boxes that I've already taped shut, just to be sure! Yes, we're heading to Phoenix on Monday. Warmth and sunshine -- woo hoo! And we're going to make our "side trip" this year be the Hoover Damn and overnight in Vegas. I'm pretty excited! Will you be meeting us for lunch on the strip while Marty wrecks the rental car in California?! :lol: That reminds me, I haven't booked a car yet. Better do that this morning.

Last night I packed up about twenty pieces for the big order, but I've got a lot left to go. At some point I just didn't have it in me to keep going! And another order came in overnight, but it an easy one, just four glasses. There's an estate sale I want to go to just over the Wisconsin border starting tomorrow morning. The company isn't one I'm familiar with and their site says they honor a sign-up list, but I'm not sure if that means they let people start one the day before or just that morning. It's pretty far away so I need to really think about this one, especially if the list starts today because that means I'd have have to drive up there this afternoon and then again first thing tomorrow.

According to the shipping site Paris is ready to leave France!

Making progress on the X-mas shopping front. Now I'm down to just three kids (whose parents need to tell me what they want) and my dad's wife, who also needs to give me some ideas. The wrapping needs to commence!

Alright, I'm going to get rolling early this morning since I've got so much to do.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it is hard to see what MS does to people, my friend ended up in a wheelchair. She really struggled. Good side trips while you are in Arizona. I guess we'll skip lunch so Marty won't be out wrecking our rental. Ha Ha.

Sounds like the estate sale should have things you really want to drive that far. Nice the sales continue to roll in for you.

That's awesome Paris is leaving France. You are doing great on Christmas shopping if yo are ready to wrap things. I have been very lax on that front this year. Seems like something else is keeping me busy. I miss having kids to buy for, I enjoyed getting their shopping list and going to toy stores and pick things out. I should get something for my new grand nephew's first Christmas. Technically, I did already. His nursery is a dinosaur theme and I ordered the Lenox dinosaur ornament with his name on it.

The design to Bob Ross does look pretty nice. The bezel will be perfect for that stone.

It's a windy, cold, snowy day in Curbyville. I drove Marty to the airport at 4:30 am (local) it was quite nasty out there. Think I'll pass on heading to Colorado tomorrow.

It's almost 9:30 and I am barely awake. Not surprised since I couldn't fall asleep with #sirsnoresalot, then when I did, I woke up a few times and got up at 4 am. Short night and long day.

My voice held out for the program tonight at my astronomy meeting but my throat is a bit irritated now. Only about 8 people showed up but that's not bad considering the weather.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I emailed Brittany back last night and asked if having the cut outs make one whit of difference on a stone like this, and if not I'm going to have the whole thing enclosed. That Lenox dinosaur ornament sounds great! Our weather turned yesterday in a nasty way. It was snowing and blowing off and on, but I didn't think much of it. Around 4:30 I ran to Kohl's to get something for Liam... and ended up with two pairs of boots and a long sleeved T-shirt for ME (ha!). He called me while I was roaming around and said, where are you?! Apparently he'd just gotten home and things had gotten pretty bad while I was buying things I didn't need. He said he saw a bunch of accidents just in the short distance from his office to the house. By the time I came out the snow had stopped but the temp was hovering around thirty and the roads were slick. Fortunately I made it home without incident, but getting out of the car and walking to the front porch was pretty treacherous!

So I made a decision yesterday. I was on Day Two of packing up the giant order for that lady and I just said, I. Am. Miserable. Big sets of dishes just suck. So I'm going to list the uranium glass set that I got several weeks ago since that really has quite a bit of value, but the other three sets of dishes I have sitting around are going to the Salvation Army. One set I did pay real money for, but I just don't care. And from this point forward I'm only buying the RARE, no matter how cheap stuff is. Frankly I was so ready to get rid of all this other stuff yesterday if the boxes hadn't been so heavy I would have hauled them out to the car myself and taken them!

Alright, sooooooo much to do today I better get rolling.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids! Happy #itsfreakingfreezingmorning!

Dee Jay, I totally get why you are ready to cut back on your glassware adventure. I didn't realize how stressed and crazy busy I was working and teaching all those years until I quit teaching. It was a blessing getting fired. Focusing on really rare stuff is a great idea.

I think either options on Bob Ross will look great. It is a classic / classy setting. I can't wait to see it finished. Marty said he'll take me to Denver after Thanksgiving sometime. His busy project at work goes in to lockdown for the holiday season anyway so we can go during the week. Of course, that means I'll be looking at RV's that day too. Oh well, he doesn't enjoy the hours we'll spend at the jewelry store either. They are insanely slow. If I am out of there in under three hours, I'm surprised. Writing up 16 rings to be sized will take a while and I want to shop for an upgrade while I'm there.

Sounds like your weather turned nasty like ours. That was nice of Liam checking on you since there had been accidents. Marty has done that before too when he's know's I'm out and hears sirens or about some bad accidents. See, they are sweet thinking of us. Glad you made it home safely. I was telling my sisters yesterday those Germans do know how to build cars that go well in snow and on ice.

Nice that you picked up some boots and a top. I think I'm done getting clothes for awhile but do have the Land's End order and some new bras coming. I have been shrinking my hand wash air dry bras by washing them in warm and drying them in the dryer, but they stretch out again in a few hours and I spend the day pulling them back down. So I ordered smaller sizes. It's a crap shoot though what size I need.

My first in over two years astronomy meeting went well last night. My only snafu was getting my new laptop to show on the TV I hooked it up so, luckily a new guy was there that knows Macs and walked me through it. My new Mac has a different settings menu and I hadn't found it yet on mirroring images. He pointed it out to me so now I have it set up right at my desk too. Yay. I didn't get too hoarse talking so long for my presentation but my throat was a bit sore last night. Luckily when I got home the people I called to shovel me out had been by the house. They never called or answered my emails, but at least they showed up. I should just hire them again since Marty doesn't have much time to use the snow blower.

Today I am playing retired lady. Going to make a batch of my famous "death cookies" and an friend is coming over to play cards. We are going to lunch and she is heading home by 12:30 to go to Colorado with her husband for an oil change in his car. She is the friend that was going with me to Denver today so it worked out well we didn't go since her husband is stressed and worried his "at will" job with the state might end in March.

Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, did Marty get an RV? I need to reply to Brittany about closing in the cut outs on Bob Ross. Remind me about this next time I buy a loose stone. Getting Paris ready-made is soooooo much easier. Speaking of which, no shipping update for two days. C'mon!!! Is the friend whose husband might lose his job the same one who wants a new wedding set? Nice that your astronomy meeting went to well!

Yesterday involved a lot of running around. I went to the post office, UPS, the place where I buy packing materials (twice -- once alone and then back again with Liam to get the giant roll of bubble wrap), and with Liam to pick up Liz (the 944, named Liz because we were on the way to buy her when we found out about Queen Elizabeth).

After all that I washed a ton of glasses for today. I MUST have done some other things too... right? I mean, where did all those hours in the day GO?!

Today I'll be taking pics while Liam goes to Iowa to get a half a cow. We have a party tonight for our friends' 40th wedding anniversary. And laundry... there's always laundry!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, yes, Marty is getting the RV. I had to stop my work this morning and fill out the paperwork - like he'd know what to do for that. Then had to call and get insurance. He'll finalize it Monday then drive back next Friday to get it. I am hesitant to go on a 11 hour trip because he'd have to stop for me so many times, it would probably add hours to the trip. Ha Ha. We'll see.

Designing something custom does take a lot of time. It's kind of tough to get it exactly what you want and then hope the heck you like it. I always say on custom pieces, it's like gambling - be willing to lose that much money. I think the design will look great with Bob Ross. Getting Paris is so much easier.

Yes, that is the same friend who wants a new wedding set. My inner dialogue slipped out too when we were talking about it, I asked if he was giving up something he wanted. Oops. Oh well, can't take it back now.

You did a lot of running around yesterday. I like the name Liz for the 944. Very appropriate.

Sounds like you washed a lot of glasses today. Hope you got pictures taken. Nice to get half of a cow. We really need to get a freezer, we only have the freezer part of two refrigerators. Of course it's only us. The bears and rabbits don't eat much.

Have fun at the party tonight.

I slept great last night. I started work first thing after I got around only to have Marty start pinging me about the RV, paperwork, insurance, etc. Stopped to get that done and then a friend of mine was coming over with wine to visit and us order in pizza. We chatted for hours. It was nice to catch up. We easily polished off the bottle of wine, some pizza and cookies. I finished my work and now plan on watching a movie and making some popcorn. Such excitement!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, an eleven hour road trip would involve me seeing the inside of about eleven rest stop bathrooms! :lol: It's funny, when I drive myself I just want to GO, but when someone else is driving I want to stop for food... a drink... to pee... oh look -- a squirrel! I understand about inner dialogue becoming OUTER dialogue. More than once I've had to say, Oh! Did I think that out loud?! Paris is in the US according to the tracking info!

Yesterday I took pics for a bit and then some friends came over so the wife could pick out a fur coat from Liam's stack of forty, LOL. She ended up with four of them! I managed to get my nails done before we went to the party, so I don't have to deal with that tonight. The color was the darkest one of that batch I'd ordered a while ago and I've been saving it for "winter." Well it's DEFINITELY winter! I also cleaned up the bedroom pretty significantly before our friends came over because that's the only place in the house with a full length mirror and there was no way I could let someone in here with the disaster going on! After we got home last night I prepped a SLEW of glasses -- two big batches that have been sitting around since LAST summer. Now I really need to get up and take some pics!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally enjoyed your version of an eleven hour road trip, that sounds just like me. It would turn in to a fourteen hour road trip in no time. I don't have Marty's military bladder either.

Darn those inner dialogues leaking out, it happens to me most frequently after a few glasses of wine.

Sweet that Paris is in the US. It's getting closer.

Good deal you got pictures taken yesterday. Nice some friends came over and the wife picked out four fur coats. She'll be warm this winter. I had a faux fur coat once, it was not very warm. Darn you had to clean up the bedroom though. We don't even have a full length mirror in this house. Two of our bathrooms have low mirrors though so if I stand in the hallway that works for me.

Nice to get more glasses ready for pictures. I don't even have any red or dark polish right now. I should pick some up for Christmas.

I watched a movie last night and had popcorn for supper. I hate to get on the scale this morning (it's lifting day) because I ate more and differently than normal for two days in a row. Back to normal today though. The movie was Spirited on Apple TV+. It was a musical which I don't generally like but it was a loose take on a Christmas Carol with Will Farrell and Ryan Reynolds. It was kind of a nice story. I need to get some groceries today but I am watching Marty's power lifting competition. He nailed his squats. Right now they are on screen saver because some guy went down squatting and blew out his knee. OUCH!!!

I was toying with running to Denver today and turn in rings, but now that the meet is stopped for a medical emergency it probably won't get done as soon as I hoped.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Going To Phoenix Day kids!

Curby, I cringed hearing about the guy blowing out his knee. Yowch indeed! Did you get to Denver? I had a dream last night that had something todo with my current dark nail polish, but it escapes me now. How is Mini Me 2 coming?

Yesterday I got a bunch of pics taken, but I wish I had more queued up for this week. I like to put up three a day and as of now I've only got two for some days. Oh well, nothing I'm going to do about it now!

Last night I packed up the three orders I had to that point, which were all relatively easy. This morning I need to pack up one order that just came in, do two things for work, pack my suitcase, and get out of here by ten o'clock so we have time to go to UPS and the post office on the way to the airport.

Better get hoppin'!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!!

Dee Jay, hope your flight to Phoenix was smooth and uneventful.

I did not get to Denver yet. I considered going yesterday but wanted to watch Marty in his power lifting competition. He got three gold medals, one he says he deserved. He won best master dead lifter for the day. The other two were he was the only one competing in that age / weight group. I know what you mean about the knee blowing out - mine still hurts thinking about it.

Too funny you had a dream about your nail polish but can't remember exactly what you dreamt. Someones it will come back to me.

Mini me 2 is coming along slowly. I'll get a few rows knit before my thumbs starts getting little pieces of dry skin snagging on the yarn. Some I am so cold in general, I should try wearing stretchy gloves to knit. That would warm me up and keep my dry skin from catching.

I am sure your daily dose of new pictures on your site will be just enough. You will probably have a ton of orders to pack and ship when you get home.

I still haven't got an invoice from WF, then again, I haven't got the confirmation I sent them what I said I sent them. Maybe I'll get my invoice after they check my diamond. Did you hear back on your changes for Bob Ross?

I was up before 6 am. The neighbor across the street came over late last night to let me know she used our address on an order she was expecting so she gave me her cell phone to text her when it showed up. She's done that every few months, our address must show up in her memory on orders and she doesn't notice. About 10 last night, I realized I haven't got my mail since Wednesday so checked my informed delivery and a package from somewhere I didn't order from was delivered Thursday. I know she leaves for work about 7:10 - it was the same time I headed out to work - so I sent her a text this morning to meet me at the mailbox. What's funny is our street is a sheet of ice so I drove over (literally right across the street) to the mailbox.

I worked most of the day and had a mammogram and bone density test. The radiologist was a bit grouchy. She got ticked off when I asked her to switch which pillows she put under my knees. She pulled them both out and said I'll just put down it wouldn't work and took those images without my knees bent. The right one was too high for my sore knee and the other one would have worked fine. Oh well. I'm over it.

Then I made the mistake of going to the grocery store at about 3 p.m. You'd think a big holiday with lots of food was later this week. The place was a zoo. I picked up a few things then came home and worked a bit more.

Marty is at DIA and will get her about 9:15 tonight. At least the weather is way nicer to pick him up tonight.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and our home owners insurance went up over $100 a month. WTH??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving kids!

Curby, where does Marty put all his trophies and medals? I have a vision of a big wall at this gym filled with them! Do you mean your insurance went UP TO OVER $100 a month or it went UP OVER $100 a month (as in went up more than $1,200 a year)? I certainly hope it's only the first scenario! We stopped at the grocery store this morning on the way to my friends' house. Yes -- an absolute mob scene! All we were getting was champagne and chocolate, but it took a while.

We we've had a whirlwind trip! The Vegas jaunt, drinks last night with the lady from Etsy that I met here a few yeas ago, sooooooooo much food today with our friends. And now we're at the airport waiting to board the red eye back home. The *plan* is that we land around 5 am, will drive up to The North Estate, pack some orders (I've currently got six to do), and be at the post office right when they open to get Paris. The lady who sent it pinged me to today to find out what is going on because she was tracking the shipment and saw that a delivery attempt was unsuccessful. I told her when I ordered the piece that I would be out of town for the holiday here in the US and that's why we arranged delivery with a signature required so it wouldn't just be sitting in the mailbox or on the front porch for several days, but she must have forgotten.

We should be boarding in a about half an hour. I'm hoping to fall asleep right away and stay that way until we land!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sadly our home insurance went up almost $1200 a year. Reasons at the bottom said, increased property value and replacement costs plus the house will be 10 years old so losing a new dwelling discount.

Marty hangs his medals at his gym. Some of his clients who have won medals gave them to him to hang up as well. There is an arch between his two rooms and they are hanging on one side of the arch. They look nice there.

Getting champagne and chocolate is worth facing the mob. I sure abused myself yesterday with wine. Don't remember much of the last few hours at our friends house or getting home. Great, huh? I just don't drink that much or very often. Oh well. Sounds like you have a fun and busy trip. Nice.

Ugh to taking the red-eye flight. Can you sleep on a plane?

Paris is quite pretty. Are you pleased?

I felt better than I should this morning after everything I drank yesterday. I wasn't really hungover but didn't feel too great until after lunch. I tried to work this morning and quickly decided I wasn't up to that yet. So I watched TV for a while.

It was pretty nice here today so I grilled a burger and baked a potato. That perked me up so I worked for a few hours this afternoon. I got most of my Land's End order. The down vest and coat fit but barely, I hope they'll fit me better in a few months. They zip but they are none too loose. Most of their stuff runs a bit large. The vest fits fine though.

I cleared off the mantle to start putting up my Christmas Snoopy village but never got ambitious enough to bring it upstairs. I might unpack it all in the man cave and bring it up in a basket with a towel in the bottom. There are so many boxes to unwrap it will be easier downstairs.

Marty left about 7:30 or 8 this morning. He made it to OKC in about 10 hours. He did call his salesman to remind him he was coning in the morning to pick up his trailer. Let's hope it's ready and he can hook up and go. I hope he can make it home tomorrow but I guess if he can't he will just have to sleep in the RV somewhere. He stopped once on the way down.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thyroid test bill finally showed up in my insurance account - they paid for all of it. Yay! More money I can spend on jewelry now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, Yay for the insurance paying the bill! And after all that BS about potentially not being covered too! Holy cow about the house insurance. Yowch. I can sleep on the plane... somewhat. This flight bounced around so much though every time I dropped off I was jolted awake again. Is Marty on his way back by now with the trailer? I have a vision of him sleeping in it in the driveway tonight. Yanno... just to try it out!

Yesterday was a long one... We got to O'Hare around 4:15 am, drove home, and started packing orders. I really really really wanted to go to bed, but I knew if I did I'd never get done so into the basement I went. It actually wasn't bad at all, but things kept selling all day so I just kept packing. I ended up making two trips to the post office, one with some early packages and to pick up Paris, and another one later with two really big boxes. I also had to go to UPS and also Fed Ex (but that trip was just to drop off Bob Ross for WF. By the time I got in bed last night around nine I was ready to DROP.

The lady who sold me Paris BTW said she had bought it from the grandson of a lady who lived in northern France who loved jewelry. The shop also bought a huge collection of antique brooches from the estate. Brooches are not generally my thing, but I'm going to look anyway and see if anything catches my fancy.

Today we're going to Iowa AGAIN for another Thanksgiving with other members of the family. I would so much rather stay here and list list list... but I guess you do what you gotta do.

And speaking of what I gotta do... I gotta get up and into the shower or I'm going to lose my opportunity for hot water if the ferals get there first!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I was pretty happy to see that test covered. Insurance is never guaranteed in spite of what we pay for it. Marty didn't get out of the dealership today for several hours. It was raining and the shower had a leak from the skylight which then had to be replaced. He said it is taking more gas than expected and it is pouring rain so he is driving slow. Last I looked, he is not even halfway home yet and it is about 4 p.m. here. It was almost to Salina, KS and then was going to take I-70 over towards Colorado. I bet he won't make it home today. Too funny he'll sleep in our driveway to try it out.

Darn for a bumpy flight waking you up on the way home. And you did have a very long day yesterday but sure got a lot accomplished. That is a cool backstory on Paris. Nice to know someone else enjoy Paris.

I hope your other turkey day in Iowa was fun and tasty. Holidays that go on for days . . . 'tis the season. I brought up my Snoopy Village stuff and pulled our Christmas ornaments out of the boxes. I open the Christmas tree box and decided that looks like a Marty project. But I have the lights, etc. all in the den so it shouldn't take him too long to put the tree up.

I met a friend, her daughter and mother at the mall for some shopping. It was kind of fun. Amazingly, the mall wasn't very busy today. The busiest store we went in was Bed and Bath. I picked up a few thermal shirts and they had a toy for tots box so I bought two teddy bears to put in the box. After we left the mall I picked up lunch from Culver's and I'm starving already at 4:30 here. I might have some protein and a little popcorn.

My friend told me the six of us drank 7 bottles of wine on Thanksgiving. I have no idea if that included the two at the restaurant or not. I decided I didn't want to know. I did show them two little cuts on my fingers and asked them if they knew where I got those. They had no idea.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, is Marty living in his new camper in the driveway? :lol: The stores here don't seem too busy either. To be fair, I haven't actually gone IN any (except the liquor store! :cheeky: ) but the parking lots aren't overly chaotic so I'm assuming that translates inside too. Seven bottles of wine between the six of you (and maybe more) -- you are my kind of people!

I know I've said this before... but I'll say it again... I'm exhausted! Thanksgiving Part 2 was nice, but I was anxious to get back to The North Estate so I could queue things up for Sunday. I got pics taken for about a dozen listings yesterday, which gives me enough for most of this week, but (as always) I wish I'd gotten more accomplished.

The "plan" for the later part of the day yesterday was to get things organized so I could start wrapping gifts... but of course that didn't happen. When I went to bed last night all of my orders were packed and ready to go. I woke up to two more this morning, one of which I could have as easily driven downtown with me than pack and ship since the lady is super close to my condo. The other order is going to Hawaii and I had to send a message about additional shipping $$$. I hate to do that but it's just so much more money that I can't do free shipping outside of the continental US. Ugh. It must just be crazy expenses to live in a place like that!

So you're not going to believe this... My boss STILL hasn't told the powers that be about my resignation. Ack! I was really hoping to get my replacement in here so I could so some serious training before my departure!

Alright, off to crank out a whole slew of things. I've got A LOT to do and only about six more weeks to get it done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, we can't park out camper in the neighborhood - it's against HOA rules, not even the in the driveway. Otherwise, Marty might be living in one. Ha! LOL we are your kind of people putting away that much wine. It was fun.

I can see why you'd be exhausted. Hope you get some rest during the upcoming holidays. Speaking of rest, when you start the new job do you have to drive to the city a few days for that one too? I don't remember for sure what that arrangement was. Glad that Thanksgiving Part 2 was nice though.

Oh no your boss hasn't moved on announcing your departure and hiring your replacement. It will not be your problem, if they aren't trained. They'll just miss you more.

I bet shipping to Hawaii would cost more. I would charge them too. I bet you'll be packing and shipping lots of orders over the next few weeks.

My ring should arrive at FedEx tomorrow. Yay. Sadly, there might be some snow on the ground to go get it. I have to head to Colorado then on Wednesday to get the Curbymobile some attention.

Thank you for the card. I haven't started on mine yet, but hope to get them done soon. As for gifts, glad I picked up those boxes of ornaments.

I worked today, got a haircut, picked up groceries, topped off my tank before the storm and then worked some more. Such excitement on the thrill-o-meter.

I'm cold. Heating up two pieces of leftover pizza for supper. I am at 80% of a book so maybe I can finish it tonight.

Laters,
Curby #Iamhugryandcold

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I didn't even think about not being able to park the camper in your driveway. Where is Marty keeping it then? I'm not sure how often I'll coming into the city and go to the downtown office. Hopefully not every week! Is your ring there yet? Did you notice the stamp on the card?! YOU are the reason I bought a whole sheet of those, ha ha!

Yesterday was meh. My boss FINALLY told the higher-ups that I'm going. FINALLY. They wanted to know if it was a money thing (no) and if I would be willing to just stay on one day and week (no). Seriously, this is so HARD!

I left relatively early (before seven) yesterday and just went to my condo and chilled out. It's an absolute mess right now -- I left the bed unmade this morning, there is stuff on the dining room table and all over the bathroom -- but I was just DONE last night, and this morning I walked out and locked the door on the mess.

This afternoon I have to go up to The North Estate and then come back down tomorrow morning. Ugh. But it is what it is.

I've got a thousand things that need to happen today so better get to it. Sigh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I did totally nice the Snoopy stamp on our card. I told Marty imagine someone knowing I like Snoopy. Ha Ha. Thanks. That was a nice touch!

We are parking the RV at some friend's house - the drinkers. Ha Ha. They have a RV and have 5 acres of land so we parked it by their trailer.

I hope you won't have to go in to the city much with your new job.

My ring did show up about 10 :30 so I ventured to FedEx to get it. We had 6" of snow and it was quite frigid, but I braved the elements for my ring. It fits great! I already smacked on something too. Go figure.

Sorry they are making it hard on you to quit, but it is what it is. Well, bye. . . My job before the last one, my boss was like that. He kept stopping by and saying I want you to do this next week and I'd say sorry but I won't be here anymore. They just miss us.

Darn to leave the condo in a mess, but it will wait. I am trying to be patient waiting for Marty to put the lights on our tree. I have the ornaments ready to go once he gets that done. Last night he got home from the gym early so I asked if he'd put up the tree and lights. He had some videos for clients to watch and comment on so he didn't get to it until about 8:30. In the process of getting the tree upstairs he smacked he ankle bone on a rail downstairs. Nice big bruise on it now too. He probably won't get lights up outside this year. The nicest days were when he went to pick up the trailer.

Did you get your 1000 things done today?

I did finish my book last night. I had to stay up about 45 minutes later than normal, but I got it done. Since Marty got home early he put on a movie while he ate supper and I couldn't read while he was watching that. After he went to watch videos, I started reading again.

Other than picking up my ring today, I just worked and ate more than normal. I don't know why I was so hungry today. I made soup for lunch and left the stove on low for hours. I found it after picking up a pan I sat on that burner from the oven at suppertime and it darn near burned my fingers. What was I thinking?

Tomorrow, I am going to Colorado to get my oil changed and whatever else they recommend done on my car. The highways should be okay by tomorrow but with the wind there will be icy spots and ground blizzards. Fun.

Laters,
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results