carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is cute your colleagues thought you were "bigger" on the phone. We have to put profile pictures on our emails at work but most of them don't look like the employee. The lady that came up yesterday must have used a picture from 10 years ago. I submitted a picture of one of my teddy bears driving my Porsche for my profile picture but my boss rejected it. I wonder why? Another guy I met a few weeks ago had a toupee that I swear was 3" high; he came up to me and was talking away and based on his picture I had no idea who he was.; I finally asked him who he was. I'm not shy.

Sweet that your client's house deal came together; phooey it was so late. Glad you sleep in today. I hope to do that again on Sunday. No hope before then.

I hope you had fun at dinner tonight. I've had my third serving of lasagna so I'm not hungry for Italian right now but will enjoy some about once a week for lunch.

How many bags did you bring home? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

I went out tonight and cut off dead flowers; and I had to snip off a few plants that got beat up by the hail. It was really windy so my plastic bag (even though I through 2 catalogs from the mail in to weigh it down) was a PITA. It kept blowing around; I could get things in it. Stupid wind!

I stopped at Perkins for supper tonight. I ordered a senior meal and brought home 1/2 of the meat and a piece of apple pie for supper tomorrow night. I ate all of my fresh fruit and mashed potatoes though.

Have a fabulous Thursday!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Marty is on a plane right now. Sweet!

I've been listening to I Love Lucy episodes at work so that makes my days way more amusing. Naturally I'll quit working for a minute and look up my TV to see something Lucy is doing and my boss walks by. I am sure he thinks I watch TV all the time.

I met a friend for lunch today. Her car got quite a few hail dents on it but it's not as bad as some I've seen around town. I checked out the windows out front tonight and they do have some chips and chunks knocked out of the trim on the window from the hail. Marty will check everything out this weekend.

I'd best go study my program for the astronomy meeting tomorrow.
Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I’ve been busy this weekend. We had our astronomy meeting last night and my program on weird things in the solar system went well. I had a lot of questions and discussion so that means people were interested (I hope.) Marty played golf this morning and I ran around but it seemed like I didn’t get a thing done. I got a hair cut then tried to catch up with my dad’s coffee break friends but missed them. I had a donut while I was there then went to find something to put on his grave. I ended up getting a sports coffee mug and had them put some flowers in it. There was a funeral going on in the cemetery so I tried to stay out of their way. I got home and started to do dishes and Marty called me to meet him for lunch. They were super slow at the golf course today and my sister and BIL beat me home. We just visited this afternoon and all went out to supper. It was a nice day. Tomorrow I’ll be doing laundry all day. It’s like Marty has been gone for 2 weeks and brought home a giant suitcase full of dirty clothes.

Take care. Have a fabulous Sunday.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Where did the weekend go? I am down to the last batch of clothes in the washer. Woo hoo! I am definitely not motivated today; I am pretty tired for some reason and I slept more than usual. Maybe that is my problem, huh?

I met Marty at the golf course for lunch and had a "toasted" rather than "grilled" cheese sandwich. I was disappointed because the one I had there yesterday was perfect. Must have had a different cook today. Darn.

Marty is grilling dead cow for me and dead chicken for him for supper. I wish he'd get on it - I am hungry. Golf is still on though.

Have a fabulous evening.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, LOL on your boss always coming by when you're looking at TV -- mine only comes into my office when I'm on PS or shopping on the internet, ha ha. As for laundry... since I've got a washer/dryer at the boathouse now I get to do laundry in two places. Woo Hoo! NOT!!!

Saturday I went to a place to get a certain cabinet for the "entryway." I called ahead of time to make sure they had it, drove an hour to get there, and lo and behold... No Cabinet. I was like WTF. The lady I had talked to on the phone was like, oh, no, we don't have the one you called about, but we have a very similar one so I figured that would be OK. What?! Sigh. So I had to drive an hour BACK and not have what I went to get. First world problems, I know, but I was rather miffed. That night we went to a charity event at a botanic garden. It was pretty cool, but the bugs were crazy. And you know those botanic people -- no deet for them, ha ha. It was still a good time though. Yesterday we came back and went to dinner with the CB's daughter and her boyfriend.

We've made a TON of progress on the boathouse! The only thing left to complete is the kitchen and some small touch-up stuff. I'll post a few pics separately (it's easier for me to do it on my phone and right now I'm typing on my computer).

Today I've go to put a new listing in and the pics that came back from the virtual tour are GREAT. If this place doesn't get a zillion requests for showings ASAP I'm going to be super surprised. Fingers crossed for a quick and easy sale!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2001.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2005.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, your boat house looks fabulous! The plus side to being able to do laundry at the boat house you won’t have to pack it all home.

That is annoying to drive that far to get a cabinet only to find out they don’t have one in stock. Phooey on them!

I bet the bugs were bad at the Botanic Gardens. Ours always has a lot of mosquitos and bees.

That’s great your new listing will probably draw a lot of interest. Good luck with that!

I kept to myself at work today. I met a friend for lunch and we sat outside, it was very nice. Marty is at the gym tonight. After I cooked supper and did dishes I went out and picked off dead or shriveling up flowers. Most of the plants are doing pretty good.

Have a great Tuesday.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my pots of plants are filling in except for the ones that got beat up from hail.
Flowers.jpeg pots.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby,your plants are looking fantastic! I have all of two plants at home (not of the flowering variety) and it's all I can do to keep them alive, ha ha. I did have one that I grew starting about 15 years ago from a broken off shoot in my office at the time. It was perfectly fine for years and years but people (a.k.a., the CB mostly) kept saying it was too big for the pot it was in so I finally repotted it... and it was dead in a month. Lesson learned: If it ain't rootbound don't repot it!

Last night I had drinks with an old friend that I used to work with. I think I picked up a new real estate client along the way and also got a lot of interest in Sheryl's purses, so it was a successful outing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks - my plants are doing well this year, I am channeling my mother and faithfully snipping off dead flowers and they are doing so much better than the last few years. I also think the greenhouse I bought these from have better plants. Isn't that the luck - moving your thriving plant and then it decides it's had enough. I had quite a few house plants after college but got bored with them.

You did have a productive evening last night. Drinks, a possible new client for you and some new customers for your friend's purses.

I am seriously debating buying a new Tom Everhart print. It's one of his newer pieces but I sure like it. I shouldn't even consider spending that much money right now but I am a sucker for Snoopy. I need to pay myself back for my bracelet (or as my BIL calls it my mugger magnet), pay RV insurance for the year, renew plates on both the F150 and the Porsche (due in August and September). Plus I'd have to put something in the den because my living room and dining room walls are pretty much full.

Ooh, we had a double rainbow tonight. Very pretty.

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 7.28.24 PM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a close up of the double rainbow IMG_4433.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I *like* the print... but I'm not sure I understand what's going on there...? Is Snoopy pulling on a scarf with his teeth? As I totally dense and just missing it all together, ha ha?

Today I am going to work work work like I've never worked before! I promised my boss a first draft of a big project by the 4th of July and... well... that's next week... Rut ro!!! So if you don't hear from me for a few days please start slipping cheese and crackers under my office door to make sure I don't starve to death being holed up in here... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Snoopy is stealing Linus's blanket and the picture is named Coup D'Etat. Marty seems totally indifferent so I am taking that to mean he doesn't really want it.

Good luck on your big project. I am sure CB will make sure you get fed.

I swear I can't get the streaks off my front storm door. When the sun hits it just right it looks like some little kids cleaned the glass. I have washed that sucker almost every other day. Maybe I should just leave the front door closed.

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Friday is almost here. Sweet. Marty went to a concert in Denver tonight. I stopped and had pizza on the way home and I am working on a batch of laundry tonight. Maybe I'll try to finish a book I've been ignoring for over a month. I have a new Crichton book I want to read.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I am so glad it's Friday. We drove to Fort Collins tonight (about 45 miles) to meet a friend of Marty's from work and had supper. He followed us home and is spending the night here, working out with Marty at the gym tomorrow and then he and Marty are going to meet in Denver later for supper. Marty is going to another concert down there tomorrow night. I filled up on chicken fingers tonight rather than my steak but I brought it home for a meal later this week.

This guy came to visit us last summer (he's from Atlanta) and is about the size of a junior high school kid. He had some of my famous chocolate chip cookies last summer and ate a ton of them. He is who kind of started Marty on his health kick. So at supper I asked him if he wanted some chocolate chip cookies and he immediately said yes! So I'll brew up cookies tomorrow while those guys are at the gym. He said he'd work out harder tomorrow so he can have some cookies. I'll take the rest of them to work on Monday.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are all the pots. The flowers are filling in pretty good. Some of them on the left are still trying to fill in from the hail.

pots.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy a$$ crack of dawn on a Saturday morning kids!

The fvcking birds at the boathouse are INSANE. I swear, they're not chirping, they SCREAMING. And they started about 4 am. FOUR A.M. WTF. I am NOT on board with this. Even with ear plugs in I can hear them. ARGH.

Curby, your pots look great! I like the color of your house -- I didn't know that it was a cool gold color like that, I had it my head it was light grey for some reason. And those lady bugs are cute!

Yesterday I went out to a mall in the 'burbs because I had gotten a bunch of curtains from JC Penny that I had to take back and there is not JCP in the city. I also returned some pants at Macy's that I bought in a rush and when I got home and tried them on again they were way too big. Then I did a showing at one of my listings and spent some time cleaning up before the CB came home and we headed to the boathouse. We stopped for dinner at a new place and it was high unimpressive. We won't be going back.

Today we have the annual association meeting over here. My neighbor at the main house was joking that I'll be on the board here within a hour of the meeting starting. I'm committed to NOT doing that, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, ugh to being up at the crack of dawn. Marty was up that early but I slept till about 7:15. That sucks you have very loud birds at the boathouse.

Thanks! I'll have to get a picture of all of the lady bugs for you. They are going all the way up our pillar. Marty picked that color and I wasn't really a fan but I've grown to like it. There were so many houses in our area either green or brown we didn't want to look like everyone else. The accent colors are cream and the peaks are a slate blue.

Our JCP is still open here; I am glad because that is where I've been getting my hair cut. Darn that the new restaurant wasn't very good.

Did you become a board member at your boathouse association? What? You don't think I'm funny? Strange.

We got around this morning and went out to breakfast about 8:30. Marty's friend is pretty interesting. He is a native Cambodian, born in Russia, moved back to Cambodia when he was 2; then came to NYC when he was 11 and somehow he and his sister ended up staying here with relatives to go to school. They are both citizen. His parents recently got their green cards and are working on eventually becoming citizens. He lives in the Atlanta area and works for the same company Marty works for which is how they met.

Marty and his friend went to the gym to work out and I made the requested chocolate chip cookies. He didn't eat as many this time as he did last summer but he did take me up on my offer to put some in a baggie to take with him when he left.

Marty went to a concert in Denver tonight. He has a late morning tee time tomorrow then needs to be at DIA by 5 pm. Seems like this weekend was all about Marty.

I got laundry done and washed the linens and towels in our guest wing done. I've been smashing up a clump of ore from the Yogo sapphire mine in Montana. My sister finally got me to play in the dirt. It's a 3 pound clump and been soaking for month but not really breaking down. It was in several big pieces with a few things broke off so I just tried to bust a chunk with my hands and it worked so I broke up what I could. There is still a big chunk left but maybe I'll go get a strainer, slotted spoon and bucket tomorrow to see if I can go through some of the smaller stuff. I'd be excited to fine a nice sapphire in there big enough to get faceted.

I caught a nasty cold / sore throat that hit me about dusk last night. I was better today then it came back again tonight. I wonder if it's allergies. Pollen is really high right now so who knows.

Have a fabulous Sunday!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I kept coughing off and on all night so I got up early worrying I might wake Marty up. He got home about 2 am from his concert and I knew he'd be really tired today if I woke him up. I tried to sleep in the recliner in the den - nope. Then I tried the couch - nope. I was chilly and didn't have a blanket. I thought of going to one of the spare bedrooms but I just washed all the sheets and bedspreads so no way was I going to do that. I hope to be in bed really early tonight.

I went to the grocery store a little while ago and complained about the reduction in name brands to the cashier. She asked me what exactly I couldn't find so I told her and one of them was out of stock but they'll get them back and the other 2 they didn't know if they'd stock them again so they actually gave me some of their store brands to try in place. I thought that was decent of them.

Marty will be proud of me - I had protein and veggies for lunch.

I broke up quite a bit of my Yogo ore this morning in to pieces about 1/2 inch or so. I didn't see a single spark of blue in there. Darn. I put more water back in the jug on the remaining chunk and put it back in the freezer. My big blue sapphire has got to be in there somewhere.

Have a fabulous day!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy early Monday morning kids!

Curby, I'm impressed that your grocery store gave you some store brand options to try. And who knows -- maybe you'll like them as well (or better!) than the name brands. Sounds like you've caught the crud (to quote my dad, ha ha). How are you feeling? And I'm happy to report I am NOT on the board of the association here at the boathouse! The board (and there are SEVEN of them, Pres, VP, Secretary, Treasurer and three alternates) is made of up all middle aged white men. Looking at the panel up there was like looking at a Chump cabinet meeting. I doubt they would want me even if I was interested -- which I'm NOT!

After the meeting on Saturday the CB and I just tooled around to some of the small towns nearby and had lunch at a local brewery (not to be confused with the distillery one more town over... do you see a theme here?!). When we got back the CB put on the screen door, so now when we have the sliding glass door going out to the dock and the screen door open it's a really nice cross breeze.

Yesterday we drove home early so I could do my open house (I don't think anyone who came through was really interested but I may have picked up a new client)... and then I had to drive BACK here to the boathouse to meet the granite people who are going to come out and measure this morning. I was lazy and slept on the pull out sofa without pulling it out. Man, this sucker is HARD to sleep on like that. Once I motivate I'm going to take down the curtain on the sliding glass door and do a better job of repinning the bottom. If I get REALLY motivated I might steam the wrinkles out too... but that's yet to be determined...

It looks like we've lost Rod again. He *says* it's because his notifications keep getting turned off, but I think he might just get tired of us yakkin' 'bout nuttin'! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Kids!

Dee Jay, I know - I was impressed my grocery store gave me some free store brands to try. Maybe I will like them. Yes I definitely caught what both of our dad's call the crud. I was banned and sent home from work. Like a horrible cough and sneezing is a bad thing. As if . . .

Well I think you should have raised your hand an volunteered to be on the board at the boat house. It's not like you have other things to do or anything. :lol:

It's good to hear you are well covered with breweries and distilleries at the boat house. You never know where there may be a shortage of things. I saw a headline but didn't read the story that Millennials are drinking so much wine they are changing the supply and demand of wine. I am going to be very upset if there is a wine shortage.

Glad the screen door is installed and generates a nice cross breeze at the boat house. Good luck with the granite people. No point in getting the wrinkles out of the curtains yet until you get them hemmed.

I've been worried about Rod hoping all is well with him. How could anyone lose interest in our yakking?

It's not noon yet and I'm bored already. I did review work reports on my laptop till about 11 but I logged off my work lapto already. I have the Superman vs Batman movie on. I'm intrigued enough now I guess I'll watch it.

Have a fabulous day!
Curby with the Crud

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, here is a picture of the column out front with the lady bugs. One is a Broncos color and one is a Redskins color.

IMG_7172.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, your house looks GREAT!!! Those lady bugs are super cute! And after reading a bunch of reviews by people about warning you not to walk into the screen door because it "disappears" when it's open... I almost walked into the screen door yesterday, LOL. Hopefully it's just because it's new and I'm not used to it being there, and I'll get better about it over time!

There was a snafu with the granite measuring yesterday that had to do with the sink, but fortunately it got worked out. I signed off on the final order and now it's just a matter of waiting...

I ordered a curtain rod and some clips from Bed Bath and Beyond so I can hang a silk scarf with hand painted koi on it that I bought to go above the couch in the boathouse. I hope the stuff gets delivered by Friday when we leave because I would love to put it u p this weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks. My BIL makes those lady bugs. We'll meet people in the neighborhood and once we tell them when house is ours they always say "oh your house is the one with the lady bugs". I was glad they didn't get beat up with our hail storm.

Oh no to walking in to the screen door. I am sure you'll get used to them. Our front storm door is full clear glass; if it's open I always think the front door is wide open. After my last 2 attempts at washing the glass the streaks are very visible when the sun in shining through the day.

Glad deal you got the granite measured and ordered. Good luck getting the curtain rod from BB&B by Friday. I am sure you are anxious to finish up decorating at the Boat House.

I stayed home again today. Wanted to sleep in but at 7 am one of my employees sent me a text saying she was sick. I pulled something in my upper thigh last night so I am pretty sore. I can walk okay it's just painful and I limp a little bit. I tried a nap once and sat in the recliner with my legs propped up and also tried napping on the couch yesterday. I went to get up about 9 to get ready for bed and something snapped. Ouch! I decided to play Marty and "walk it off" so I went and paid his rent for his gym, picked up a load of cinnamon bread and then walked around the grocery store. I didn't need much but forgot a few things the other day so picked them up. The walking didn't help or hurt. I don't feel it much setting down or standing but laying down it is noticeable le and walking gets my attention.

Looks like I should have gone to work today. My boss's boss must be agitated about something because he is changing a long standing SOP tomorrow. I don't know if it's a one time deal or permanent. If it's all the time now there will be more overtime.

Then I get an email from our HR that one of my employees came to see her and she wants to talk to me. She is the employee who got a needs improvement review and would have been on an improvement plan had we not switched companies. She went to the new HR lady saying she disagreed with her review last year; felt it was very unfair and I've done nothing to let her know where she stands now or if she is going to be on an improvement plan. My first question is I meet with her regularly 2 times a month - she never asked me anything about it since Feb / March. She also claims she doesn't know what is expected of her. So I get to deal with that fun stuff this week.

I have some sirloin cooking in BBQ sauce in the crock pot and have a baked potato in there as well. I'll have some leftover BBQ beef for sandwiches this week.

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are having 60 mph gust right now. Our Marge Simpson tree is getting ripped around, the house is whistling and sometimes I feel it shaking - probably the deck is moving the window behind me. Joy!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, my front door is frosted glass and it just gets SO filthy. I used to try to wash it with windex and paper towels but I recently tried a bucket of just plain water and a squeegie. I used a lot of water (like it was running down the window and onto the ground) on a rag, and just squeegied it off. I did it a few times and it worked better than anything else I've done. Otherwise I get streaks too, and they drive me crazy!

Last night the CB made pizza for dinner. I ate way too much of it because it was good. Then I had to run a set of keys over to one of my clients because he had already dropped his keys off at the unit, which is closing on Friday, and then found out he had to let the tuckpointer in to look at something above one of the windows. When I got home I downloaded four books for the weekend from the library site. I'm also going to try to do an audio book for the driving back and forth to the boathouse since it's a bit over an hour each way. Have you ever tried that? I hope I enjoy it because cycling through the radio stations over and over and over again is getting annoying!

Today I was able to get in for a haircut with the girl who used to cut my hair. My current girl is out of town and I had something scheduled for Friday afternoon but we want to get on the road right after my closing. I do realize there's a reason she's the girl that USED to cut my hair, but I'm hoping it turns out OK, ha ha. Otherwise I have to keep walking around with this giant mop of hair for a while longer and it's really making me crazy so I don't want to wait.

The CB is supposed to pick my the appliances today. I think we'll take at least the fridge over and put it in place. Not sure if we'll take the other stuff or not because if we do it will just be in the way, but if not there might not be room for everything else the next time we go since I have to get some other large things over there. Ah the joys of hauling stuff back and forth... NOT.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks for the tip on cleaning my door. Earlier I could see the streaks; now it looks clear as can be. My great aunt used vinegar water and newspaper to clean windows. She swore by it.

Mm homemade pizza. I have never tried audio books; let me know how you like them. I thought of getting some when I was driving 35 miles a day for teaching in the summer but never did. I think it's a good way to read a book and help pass the time on the road. My car has Apple Play so I put that on a playlist or shuffle when I head out of town. I shouldn't be scrolling through channels or songs when I'm on the highway. Or in town for that matter.

I hope your haircut goes well. It's funny you just reach a point where I have to get my hair cut NOW!

I hope the appliances arrive safely. That sounds like a chore.

I did go back to work today. I was kind of out of it because this crud has really made me tired. My boss was calling me Malaria Marcy. My leg is way better today just stiff; I am still kind of limping a little. We are getting a lot of smoke from the big fire in Utah so that is really bugging my allergies. That could part of my cold - it's just allergies. It's hard to tell them apart.

Marty was interviewed for a podcast last week about working towards becoming a strength training coach. They posted it today so Marty sent me the link to listen to it. I naturally snagged all the Killer Rabbits in the living room and took a picture of them listening to it on my iPad. I sent it to Marty and said "Aw, they miss Marty and were so excited to hear his voice". Marty said I was a flake.

Killers.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I've heard of the vinegar and newspaper thing but I've never tried it. If you do it let me know how it goes! And LOL on the killer rabbits listening to Marty's podcast.

Last night after my haircut I did my nails and went to bed. Not very exciting, but now I don't have to do them this weekend, which will give me more time to do... um... nothing... over at the boathouse. The CB got all of the appliances yesterday except the fridge, which he's going to pick up today. I think we'll take that and one other appliance this weekend and the rest next weekend. And the granite delivery is scheduled for the 21st -- woo hoo!

The curtain clips I ordered from Bed, Bath and Beyond have been delivered according to the text I just got, and the rod is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I told the CB I'm not leaving until that things shows up because I really want to hang the scarf over the couch this weekend.

The sheers I ordered are also supposed to be delivered today and if those work it will save me a TON of hassle. It was amazing to find them in a 90" length (through Home Depot no less, and super cheap) and it would pretty much put an end to my curtain hunt (although I do still have to steam the heavier second layer curtain that I put up a few weeks and and pinned to the right length). I should also straighten out the bottom lining of the heavier curtain, which I didn't think to do neatly when I was pinning it. Brain fart!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, right now my door looks clear - if only it was cloudy all the time. :lol:

Good plan to get things out of the way before the weekend so you can relax more at the Boat House. Getting the appliances there and the granite delivered soon; you are so close to having everything done. How exciting. Definitely hang out long enough to get your curtain clips and curtain rod. I hope the sheers work well for you.

Today was another fun filled WTH day at work. An employee, the HR lady and I had a meeting today and I apparently don’t convey clearly enough my expectations so my employee isn’t responsible for her poor performance last year. Grr!!! I'm at a loss, really. :wall:

So Marty got to go through protesters at the LA airport today. Sadly it’s the second time that has happened to him. About 5 years ago he walked about 4 miles through rioters in Brazil to get to the airport. Somewhere on YouTube there has to be a video of some American pulling his luggage through the crowds chanting with the rioters. What was he going to do when they told him to join in? Others would point at airplanes taking off and laugh while shaking their head. Such fun.

We had a fabulous lightning show last night; I watched it for quite a while before going to bed.

Marty should be home about 11 tonight. He’ll be home all of 5 days.

Laters,
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results