shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

clark1472

Rough_Rock
For healthy living a comfort sleep is necessary which u can get from here. These Best Down Alternative Comforter Reviews are best for a healthy and comfort life.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, when is the eclipse? Depending on when it happens I may be able to get an even better vantage point if I'm in Michigan. And poor Marty... but I bet his results are going to be better than he thinks! We're always way too hard on ourselves!

I can't remember if I told you this, but the cowhide bag lady referred me to another lady who has a super cute store with shoes and apparel and other accessories. I met with her last week and I'm going to start organizing her business too. Last night I went through the file (pile!) she gave me of receipts, etc., and once I see her again later this week and gather her bank statements and credit card statements I can star to really work it out. I would also love the two of them to do a party at my house and invite all the people on their mailing list. I would be a fun time and their things lend themselves well to cross selling. Plus they are such nice ladies I'm happy to be helping them out!

Today I have to go and meet an appraiser at a unit that went under contract last week. It's pretty steamy out there, I may end up taking a taxi even though it's less than a mile...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the eclipse is August 21st. It's a Monday. Michigan will have a smaller percentage of an eclipse.

Marty got his results today but he hasn't told me what it said. I am guessing he didn't get certified or he would have told me. That's okay whatever they tell him to work on; he'll do and get there another time. He's had a very rough day at work and has to go back for a conference call with India at 9 pm LA time today.

That's great you are going to help that lady organize her business too. What a great place to have an in - a cute store with shoes, apparel and other accessories. Hosting a party for the two of them sounds like a fabulous idea. You'll be their favorite advisor, organizer and customer.

I hope the appraisal went well for your client. It's pretty warm here too; although right now I'm ready to dig out a sweater. I don't know why I leave the AC at 76 when Marty's gone. If I put it up higher though I'll be really cold when he's home.

I had one of those disturbing dreams last night that woke me up and then stuck with me all day. My best friend from college was killed on Aug. 7 eighteen years ago and I noticed that on my calendar. When I talked to my last sister we talked about her SIL (who was a college friend of mine) who has an inoperable brain tumor and isn't doing well, then we talked about a friend of ours from college who recently had her little sister die so naturally I had a dream about my friend. I have remained close to her sister so in the dream I was at a party at her house, with her mom and other people I don't remember. Then I remember getting really upset that my friend was gone and in my dream another friend of mine comes in and I'm all excited to see her and jump up and hug her but then I woke up. Then I got to think about it and I am pretty sure the person I was all excited to see and hugged was my mother. Sigh. I told Marty I wished he'd been here during the night when I got a case of the frights (a Madeline Kahn line from Blazing Saddles). I will find something funny to watch before going to bed tonight and hope my mind doesn't wander to those dark and sad places.

I stopped at a Mexican restaurant on the way home tonight. I ordered a soft shell taco and a beef enchilada. I brought home the enchilada and will get 2 lunches out of it. I am planning on avoiding dishes all week. Ha!

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to add my favorite Madeline Kahn line from Blazing Saddles was "oh a red rose - how ordinary". And of course you have to pronounce that without the "R"s.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My father has rather advanced glaucoma. I've accompanied him to his eye exams a few times in the past year or two, so I've been able to see how significantly it has reduced his field of vision. So when I saw an article in the newspaper recently which said that moderate exercise can help reduce factors that lead to glaucoma, I took notice. Basically it said something like this:

Can Exercise Lower Eye Pressure?
There is some evidence suggesting that aerobic exercise can reduce eye pressure on its own, and can also have a positive impact on other glaucoma risk factors including diabetes and high blood pressure.

"Aerobic exercise is known to lower intraocular pressure (IOP), which we know protects retinal ganglion cells," says Harry A. Quigley, MD, professor and director of glaucoma services at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. "And short-term studies show it may improve blood flow to the retina and optic nerve as well."

What's interesting to note is that in order to achieve a positive neuroprotective effect, you don't have to exercise rigorously. IOP can be lowered by exercise that raises the pulse just 20-25% -- that could be a brisk walk -- for 20 minutes, a minimum of four times a week. (Glaucoma Research Foundation)

So... I started walking at least four evenings a week. Always in the evening, since the days have been stinkin' hot here of late. I just put on my walking shoes (or not... I'm not above pounding the pavement in reasonably sandals), grab a flashlight, and walk around the neighborhood for anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. My neighborhood has fairly quiet streets and good sidewalks, and lots of possible routes. I've been doing this for over three weeks now. I have no idea whether this is actually helping stave off glaucoma, but I'm willing to give it a try. It has definitely helped prevent the acid reflux-type problems that seem to develop very easily for me, so that's a bonus. If it eventually helps me shed some pounds, well, I wouldn't object to that either. Also, my last few blood tests showed blood sugar levels at the very top of the "safe" level, which was high enough to make me sit up and take notice. I know exercise can help moderate blood glucose levels, so that's an important consideration too (although that knowledge was not enough to get me up and moving by itself!)

The real point is that it's very hard for me to develop good habits, and distressingly easy for me to drop them. This particular motivation - preventing glaucoma - seems to have some traction. I'm hoping it will be a strong enough reason for me to keep up this routine even when the days get shorter and the weather starts getting cooler!

Anyhow, posting here to in the interest of keeping myself accountable. Every little bit of motivation helps!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I had a really disturbing dream yesterday morning between the time the CB left for work at 5:15 am and when I actually got up around 7:30. The part I remember the most was being a car with Bill and two other people and we were driving them around somewhere but Oscar had gotten out and was loose in the neighborhood. I wanted to go find him. The last thing I remember screaming at Bill before I work up was "Get these fvcking people out of the car and go find my fvcking dog!!!" Apparently I am the same person in my dreams as I am awake, LOL.

VR, hello! I think any exercise is good exercise! My dad is diabetic (the kind that hereditary, to the kind stemming from obesity), as was my aunt (his youngest sister). I worry about being at the high end of the scale too, and my doc always does some sort of 90 day average special glucose testing whenever I go in for a physical. But I need to start working out again too.

Last night I tackled the pile of stuff that had accumulated on top of the booze cabinet right inside the door. Yanno, The Dumping Ground. I have to do this every several months or it just becomes a tower of paper waiting to fall. I kept thinking, why is it like this now? I've never had a problem with paperwork before like this...? And I realized that in all my other homes I've had a designated office. Well here I don't so it all just gets put aside "to be dealt with later." Later = MONTHS LATER. And with wine involved, because that's the only way I'm gonna get through it! Ugh.

Today the walk to work was hot and steamy. I got out of those gel pack things that you freeze and tie around your neck to keep you cool. I tried it out today and I'm honestly not sure it did anything... Oh well, I guess it certainly didn't HURT.

OK, off to get something done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

VR, good idea to start walking several times a week. I think even a light to moderate exercise routine can help keep some health issues at bay. I hate to hear about your dad's glaucoma. I have tiny baby beginning cataracts and those scare the heck out of me. It's rough getting old.

Dee Jay, that does sound like a disturbing dream. I don't think our personalities change in our dreams. I used to have horrible scary dreams after 9/11.

I hate those piles of things that become mountains in our dumping grounds. I like your idea of tackling those piles with some wine in hand. The vino always helps. The table at our last house was always covered in mail and other assorted things. If we wanted to set down at the table it took me several minutes to clean it off. Now we have a lot larger table so I usually have one little stack there but it's stuff I don't want to lose. Marty stacks up crap on the coffee table in front of him. It gets rather deep.

It was very hot here today too. I see they have shirts that are supposed to cool you off; I have no idea if they work either. We got to 99 here today with it felt like 102. It cooled off by the time I left work though since some thunderstorms were moving through. So far it's only teased us with a few drops of rain though.

I picked up some groceries on the way home. I bought a Red Baron cheese pizza; it wasn't bad and I have 3 lunches left from it too.

Marty didn't pass his coaching test and apparently didn't get much feedback other than he doesn't have enough experience or been coaching long enough to be certified. I wanted to say they just want you to keep paying $1000 trying to get it. But hey I'm suspicious of these things.

Tomorrow is my Friday. I am so excited.
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm sorry Marty didn't get the result he wanted. But he's a smart guy and a hard worker and I have no doubt he'll keep at it until he gets there!

Last night we had a nice dinner with my friends, although I did forget to take the boyfriend's birthday card. I like to GIVE people their cards rather than send them for some reason. This morning we had one helluva storm and it it went on for HOURS. When it finally stopped I went over to the mail room because I didn't stop there yesterday. Summons to Appear for Jury Service. UGH. It's in criminal court at 26th and California. I actually worked for the State's Attorney's Office there when I was in law school... night narcotics court. It was a very, um, *educational* experience.

The granite people just called to schedule my install for tomorrow morning between 8:30 and 9:30. Woo hoo... BUT... yesterday when the CB went to pick up the sink, faucet and garbage disposal with air switch the plumbing supplier couldn't find them. The sink hole will already be cut but they need the faucet and disposal to drill those holes on site. The guy called the CB back later and said they'd located them, but I sure fvcking hope so because otherwise I have to reschedule and who knows when they'll be able to get out there again...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2543.jpg This is what the radar looked like this morning when I finally gave up trying to sleep and got out of bed!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I can see why you'd wake up during that storm.

Thanks - I am sure Marty will figure it out.

I like to give people their cards in person too; especially if they are obnoxious ones.

Ugh for being called for jury duty; that does sound like an experience with those type of trials.

I hope they did find your sink and faucet okay and the granite counter gets installed okay tomorrow. I am sure you are very anxious to get everything finished.

We keep having thunderstorms rolls through here but don't get much rain. Our poor grass is really drying up; I would go run the sprinklers if I knew how to flip them on. I'll have Marty show me tomorrow. The heat and wind is drying things out.

I finally got out and picked off dead flowers tonight and a lot of the plants don't look good either. I think the pots are getting crowded and some of the plants are leggy. I snipped some of them back. The pansies are really dying off in the heat.

I have tomorrow off but I need to run several errands. Maybe I'll go have coffee break with my dad's buddies in the morning. Marty gets home in the afternoon.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

JohnHarry

Rough_Rock
Hi!I am going to meet my friend on this weekend for dinner.I am trying black maxi along with red lipstick, but I am confused that what kind of jewel I should go for?Any one suggests me so I look stunning and attractive.:kiss:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had a lazy day - woo hoo. I didn't sleep in but other than a few dishes here and there I read or watched TV. What fun! Of course I'll pay for it tomorrow but until then it's slacker city.

My program on the solar eclipse went well last night. I got to try the solar binoculars today; they work well.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend too.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Since I was lazy yesterday I had a lot to do today but it's done and now I am goofing off.

Marty's company had a bad second quarter financial report so they froze all travel. Joy. Times are scary. He cancelled his trip to Atlanta tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, it's OK to have some lazy days! I do agree though, we pay the price later... Yesterday I should have done at least a couple of things for the party on Friday... but it didn't happen.

The granite was installed on Friday! Of course those guys arrived at the same time as the guys putting the shower door and mirror in the bathroom so I had eight guys running around in a 400 square foot space at the same time, LOL. The granite looks great! My wall on both sides got pretty beat up in the course of the installation, but I knew that was likely to happen.

The CB's daughter and her boyfriend came up on Saturday and they all went out for a boat ride. I didn't feel that great after lunch so I didn't go with them, but they had a good time.

Yesterday we came home early because a client wanted to go and take a look at a unit. I also took the CB to look at a building he wanted to view for investment purposes. It was a DISASTER. Much worse than it looked in the pics. Good luck to whoever buys it -- it's a total gut job.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I agree it is okay to have lazy days. I am sure you'll be ready for your party on Friday. What's on your menu this year?

I bet your place was crowded with 8 guys running around there but I am sure things are coming along and look fabulous. I am glad your granite looks great! I hope the wall is easily patched and painted again.

That's nice CB's daughter and her BF came to visit and got to go for a boat ride. How many people does your boat easily hold? Sorry you weren't feeling up to a ride. I hope you are feeling better.

Darn that the unit CB was interested in looking at was such a disaster. Good luck to whoever buys it for sure.

Not much exciting going on here today. Marty had a bad case of insomnia last night so didn't sleep well or much. I know he's not happy about his test results and work is uncertain for him so I understand not being able to sleep. Poor guy. He picked up his groceries today but never checked our grocery list app so now I'll have to go pick up a few things. I need raw veggies and fruit.

My Porsche got it's official recall today to repair or replace the fuel injector. Darn I'll have to drive my car down to Colorado.

Have a fabulous evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It's raining now. I hope it's clear in the morning since the Thunderbirds will be performing about 9:30 tomorrow. We are having a pancake breakfast at work too; it'll be hard to get any work done. Then we get to go home at noon. Woo hoo! It's our cities annual "day".

I didn't have anything here for supper so I had an English muffin with PB and a few chips and salsa. It filled me up anyway.

I took 100 solar eclipse glasses to hand out at work today and wow did they disappear quickly. The scout camp the club is going to for the eclipse already bought their eclipse glasses so I guess we'll donate our huge stack to the local Botanic Gardens and maybe the retirement home we've been using for our meetings. I'll work on that tomorrow afternoon.

Have a fabulous evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We had rainy, foggy, cloudy weather today so they cancelled our pancake breakfast and cancelled the Thunderbird performance. I got my work done without issue since I had not distractions. It's amazing you can get your 8 hours of work done in 4 hours if it means going home early.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up stuff to make tacos for supper. Something both of us will eat.

Marty is out getting a X-Ray on his shoulder for his doctor's appointment Monday.

Marty got a blanket approval for travel for his project in LA. I think that is a good thing. Now if only his 4 submitted trips would get reimbursed. Apparently one of them was never approved by his boss, another one was rejected by travel. This is getting annoying. I want our money back. I need to keep nagging Marty to log in and check on them. He has 2 more things to submit too hopefully they will all be cleared up by the time he travels again.

I think I am going to donate a bunch of the solar eclipse glasses to our local boys and girls club.

Off to read for a while.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, sitting around waiting for corporate reimbursements is SO annoying! I paid over two grand for a conference fee on my personal card (long story...) in March and I didn't get the $ until the end of June. I had paid the credit card in full long before I was reimbursed and it torqued me off, LOL.

And coincidentally I'm IN that conference this week! Eight solid hours... several days in a row... all about the federal securities laws. UGH. Not to mention I've got my annual Christmas in July party on Friday so I'm spending my evenings cleaning like a mad woman. Last night we went to Costco and the liquor store. Tonight we went to the regular grocery store and I scrubbed both bathrooms. Tomorrow night I have to clean up the rest of the house. And Friday is always total chaos.

So far I've got 63 YES RSVPs, 18 maybes, and probably 30ish people who never both to RSVP but always show up anyway. So I'll (as usual) have over a hundred people here. Hope I have enough food and booze! (Says the Hostess Who Always Over Buys, LOL.)

OK, off to bed. This stupid conference STARTS each morning about the time I normally get UP!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how did your party go? I am sure everyone had a great time.

I am sorry to hear it took you so long to get reimbursed for a conference. It's your money. I hope the conference went well this week.

We've been busy this week. I am counting out eclipse glasses to hand out, and got interviewed about the solar eclipse by someone who appears to be a freelance reporter for ABC, Forbes and Whoa Science. I picked up the house since our cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. I am working on laundry and waiting impatiently for Marty to get home and grill burgers for us. I ate my salad and peach already. We sat at the golf course for about 4 hours drinking so he is exercising late. One of the ladies at the golf course was a student of mine about 10-12 years ago. Small world sometime.

I got my hair cut this morning - she started using a razor on the back when she was done trimming my hair and I asked her what she was doing - she said thinning your hair. I'm like I don't want my hair thinned. I couldn't believe she just decided to do that.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I hate it when my hair person just decides to do something with my hair and doesn't discuss it first. I mean, it's great you watched some YouTube video and got a new idea, but let's TALK about it before you start doing it ON ME!

The party was great, but I am always relieved when it's over...! We cleaned up everything except for mopping the floor after everyone left on Friday night. Yesterday we came to the boathouse because we committed to a charity thing last night. It was at a spectacular house on the lake. This morning the CB's family is coming over to the the boathouse, and then we're heading home early. I think I may go to my office for a bit too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, at least my hairdresser didn't try a bowl cut on my but still. We must look like pushovers who will just take anything. We sure fooled them. :lol-2:

That's great you party went well and what a relief to have it all cleaned up but the floor before you went to bed. I am well known for picking up messes before I leave or go to bed. My college friends always told me that is why they invited me to their parties so someone would clean up the mess that night.

The charity event sounds lovely.

I got up before 7 and had Marty's breakfast dishes cleaned up before the cleaning lady go here. I went out for breakfast and picked up a few groceries after she got here. I picked up steaks and corn on the cob to cook on the grill for supper.

We had 70 cents per gallon of gas credit at Safeway that runs out tomorrow so I drove to the only Safeway gas station in town. I wasn't the only one using up their July credits. It gave me a chance to get some bonus miles on my car.

Have a fabulous Sunday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, 70 cents a gallon?! I'd make sure I got that too! It's interesting to see the gas prices change so much between where I am downtown, across Indiana, and into Michigan as I go to the boathouse. It is CONSIDERABLY cheaper in MI and I make a point to fill up there whenever I can.

Yesterday I did spend a couple of hours at the office and I'm glad I did because I got through A LOT of stuff. Today though the one person I need to talk to to finish a big thing is out. Ugh. Best laid plans... right?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I know what a deal getting that much of a discount on gasoline. I felt like I went back in time 40 years. The summer we pulled our 5th wheel to Glacier Park diesel was over $5 a gallon and we were getting about 8 miles per gallon. Oh well, it was a fabulous trip.

That's nice you got a lot done going to work yesterday but darn that the person you wanted to get with today was out. I stayed about 45 minutes after today to finish something I started. I know I have time tomorrow but I am learning this and I thought I had it finished last week but after looking at some old samples I did it completely wrong. Thank goodness for Google - I had to change all my text to all capitals in Excel and found the answer right away. Woo hoo!

Marty’s doctor appointment went okay. He thinks it’s Bicep tendinitis. He is recommending Marty take Advil, reduce the weight on presses but increase the reps. If it’s not better in a month he’ll give him a cortisone shot.

I made an eye appointment for both of us this month. I am noticing little wavy lines in my left eye - oh oh. And now the more I compare eyes I sure notice a difference in apparent size. Probably because I’m checking it too much.

I need to get the August newsletter going. The end of the month came too fast. I think I will find tons of things about the eclipse and be good to go. Ha!

That lady posted the article on Forbes today from our interview. She misquoted me a few times but it's a decent story.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I can't believe it's August already -- I agree that the end of July snuck up on us! And poor Marty... here he is trying to improve himself and he ends up hurt!

Last night I mopped the floor. What a chore! The CB and I move everything over to half of unit, I dusted the baseboards and mopped, and then a friend of mine dropped by for an hour, and finally she left and I moved everything back and did the other half of the unit. I went to bed tired and sore! I was dreading looking at it this morning because when I mop at night I can't see exactly what I'm doing, but I think there's only one area over by the book cases that I need to do and it's in good shape. So not as bad as I thought!

On Thursday the CB is going fishing with his brothers and a bunch of other people. I'm debating whether to go to the boathouse or just stay home and enjoy being alone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I know - her Marty works hard at being healthy and he ends up at the doctor. I hope he'll follow the doctor's advice. Cortisone shots are not fun.

Mopping your floor sounds like quite a chore. Good deal you only have to do one little spot. I can believe you went to bed tired and sore. But what a relief your place is all clean again. That's cool you had some PS company at your Christmas in July party. Sweet.

That's a tough decision whether to go to the boat house or stay home. Do you like to fish? My dad loved to fish. I was never a fan because of touching bugs and fish.

I had my car up to 104 miles this morning then some car going the speed limit got in my way. I was just telling the NIRDI thread I might have to call my PS friends to bail me out if I get arrested speeding since I nag at Marty for his lead foot he'd be way too amused if I got busted and he didn't.

Marty found out this morning he has a new boss. This guy is in the UK. He's been with the company for a while but Marty hadn't met him before. Hopefully he's way better at approving employee expenses. The ones we are waiting on are still under the boss he had recently and still setting there. I am sure Marty is Sick of my bugging him about them too. Maybe my new tactic can be whenever Marty wants to spend money I can say not until we get your expenses reimbursed. Right now I'm saving money for the Porsche plates; I'll keep singing the old Cindy Lauper song; Money Changes Everything.

Smoke from all the forest fires was bad here today; my allergies are whining about it. That is maybe why 2 of my employees were getting on my last nerve at work. :wall:

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I LOVE to fish! Some of my fondest childhood memories are of pre-dawn hours spent in a precarious canoe waiting for the trout to bite!

Last night I went up and did a walk through with my client on the house she is *supposed* to buy tomorrow (tonight we do the walk through on the place she is selling). I say *supposed* to because she had a home equity loan with Huntington Bank that she tried to pay off on-line twice, both times the payment was accepted per the site but failed to process for reasons HB can't identity and the money never came out of her account. She ultimately had to go into a branch and pay it in cash to get the HELOC closed, and the icing on the cake is that HB's defense is that they sent her paper copies of the statements as notices each time the payments failed to post. They reprinted the statements for her as "proof." The address line reads like this:

Jxxxxxx Rxxxxx
Unit
Chicago, IL 60622

(Her real name appears correct on the statements, but I used Xs here.)

Yes, that's the actual "address" printed on the statements they sent her. And they are refusing to accept any responsibility for this fiasco. So now my guy is jumping through hoops to get the underwriter to sign off with this BS late payment on her record that the bank won't remove.

UGH.

I really do think it will close, but what a PITA for my client!!! She's blown up the HB twitter feed, which is the only way she got someone to even respond to her in the first place because all her calls to "customer service" were useless. I really hope people pay attention to social media and steer clear of this bank!

Anyway, my boss is out for day three in a row so I should get a lot done again, LOL.

Off to be productive!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I wonder why those statement never arrived at your clients house. Strange. That is pretty crappy service from the bank. I hope she is able to close okay. What a hassle.

That is pretty cool you love to fish. You now have a front row seat for fishing at your boat house. COOL!

I enjoy it when my boss is gone too but then his boss shows up at my desk and I'm always doing something like texting then. Oops.

I got up about 45 minutes early and went to work at about 7 mostly because we had an error report come out last night that I wanted to go in and fix right away. Turned out to be lucky for me because there were highway patrol, sheriffs and police every where. 4 guys on my floor alone were stopped for speeding this morning and one guy got a ticket. One of Marty's buddies was saying he is looking forward to the day he'll see my pulled over for speeding. I asked him can you imagine the number of texts and pictures Marty would be getting from everyone at work? Marty's phone would be going ping, ping, ping. I best set my cruise control going in tomorrow.

I am washing the bedding for our guest room since Marty's nephew is coming to stay with us for a few days tomorrow. I had the room all ready to go but Marty migrated over there this week on one of those nights we woke up about 1 am. Our other bedroom is smaller and doesn't have blackout curtains so I hate to put him in there. Of course that light might get him out of bed before noon too. Ha!

Tomorrow is my Friday. Woo hoo! I am looking forward to getting my car fixed Friday just so I can go goof off. It's way more fun than work anyway.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! My weekend is here. Sweet.

Marty and his nephew went to the range today. We all went out for supper and tomorrow the guys are going bike riding and then work out. I made reservations for supper tomorrow night. Saturday will be golf and lunch then he'll probably head back to his mom's house.

My car appointment is at 10 in the morning so I'll get on the road at about 9.

Our stupid shower plugged up last after Marty took his shower. It hasn't even been running slow. Luckily I found a bottle of Drano but had to stay up for 30 minutes to pour hot water down the drain. I need to be more vigilant about running baking soda and vinegar down the drains on a regular basis.

I didn't sleep well last night. I think I was snoring and Marty was pushing on my pillow; what a comedic interaction. I'd snore, he'd push on my pillow, I'd wake up and push his hand away; he'd wake up and ask why do you keep doing that; then repeat. I know with the smoke my allergies have been bad.

Have a fabulous day!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I have a vision of your and Marty in bad that's akin to a Threee Stooges episode, LOL!

Yesterday I had two successful closings -- WOO HOO! Still waiting for the closing statement on one of them to come through (sellers signed at a different location so I'm at the mercy of the admin person at the suburban title company to get the document to me). When I got home I took a nap, ate two ice cream sandwiches (!), took another nap, and then did a little work. I was in bed reading a book when my upstairs neighbor texted me that her ceiling was leaking so I had to go up there, take pictures, provide a big plastic bin, and fire an email off to the roof guy and property manager. Ah; the joys of being president. I'm in my office today trying to get this damn annual review DONE. Ugh. The CB is up fishing with his brothers and about a dozen other people this weekend so I'm Dee On The Loose!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I would agree that does sound like a Three Stooges episode. Good thing I think that kind of stuff is funny or I might just slug him. Sorry dear I was sleeping. :lol-2:

Congratulations on 2 successful closings yesterday. I hope the title company got your documents to you okay. When I closed on my parents house they called me on the way home saying I had to come back and sign some things again. They had me sign papers with the wrong commission for the realtor. I was nervous when they first called that it fell through.

Did you get your annual review done?

Look out for Dee on the Loose!

I slept in until about 7:30. I got to the car dealer before 10 and was there until 11:30. They even cleaned the inside of my car; wiping everything down. Nice! My fuel pump was fine so they sprayed it with something to keep it from cracking.

I had some cold stone ice cream for lunch, made cookies when I got home and now I'm starving. We are taking the nephew out to dinner here shortly.

Marty and his nephew with dirt biking this morning and Marty ended up with trail rash. One spot on his knee looks nasty but the rest of it is scrapes. I was just giving him grief last night about wearing helmets when he rides a bike. He generally won't wear one. I told him when he's in the hospital drooling from a brain trauma I am going to get pictures of him hugging my bears and have the Killer Rabbits attack him. :evil2: Ha! I just got a picture of it too.

Have a great weekend! I'll watch for news out of Chicago of Dee gone wild.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results