shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I got a lot done today. I also got sick - really strange and have a massive toothache too. Weird. I have a dental appointment Tuesday morning anyway. I didn't eat much today and my stomach doesn't really care. I walked quite a bit between shopping and chores. I am off to bed early.

Take care :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a fly-by today! Trip to NY was great. Did some light shopping and some not so light eating and drinking, but we walked A TON, so maybe it all balanced out... :cheeky: Got home around 1 am and then couldn't sleep because I had a cup of coffee right before I got on the plane so I would stay up and study for my accounting mid-term tonight. The good news is I got through all the chapters. The bad news is I'm so tired... :rolleyes:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I am glad you had a great time in NY! Hopefully both of us will get more sleep tonight.

I am still in a ton of pain with my teeth. I felt a lump under one of the really sore teeth and could see some white under the skin. Oh oh! We will see what the dentist says tomorrow.

I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up about 2:15. Took more Advil. Went to sleep again about 3. Woke up about 3:30. Drifted back to sleep. Got up about 4:15 and rinsed my mouth with hot salt water. Poor Marty was wide awake then. I managed to get back to sleep about 4:45. 5:05 the alarm went off. I moved it up last weekend to get up in time to make it to the airport. Moved my alarm to normal time - 6:15. Shut it off when it went off. About 6:45 I got up figuring I'd hurt no more or less at work so I may as well go to work.

Food was great today - a yogurt for breakfast, 2 tater tots and a 1/3 of a ground beef patty for lunch and supper was a small mashed potatoes and some shredded beef. Supper was the most I've eaten since yesterday morning.

Work was busy. My team was very excited to see me come back. That is nice to know. They like me to be doing my work.

I am watching my football team lose now. BOO!!!

I will post progress pictures of our house in a minute.

Laters :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quick post tonight too. A weekend with the girls at the lake was just what I needed. The boys had a good time hanging out together too. I ate and drank way too much, but I also laughed harder than I have in a while. It felt good. Matt has been really stressed too, and was able to totally unwind. Unfortunately we both had train wreck kind of days at work today. Ah,well. The lake was awesome.

Marcy-glad you made it home safely. Sorry to hear you're sick. I hope your dental appointment goes well. I have a toothache too. I broke a chunk of tooth off on the way home yesterday and it's hurting some today. I was digging around in the drawer looking for the mouth mirror and ended up slicing my finger in 5 places on a razor Matt stuck in the drawer. I also managed to break my newish tennis bracelet last night. I took a break from being klutzy Friday and Saturday, so apparently I had to make sure to catch up last night.

Dee*Jay-glad to hear you had a great time in NY! I think the only other time I walked as much as I did in NY was on our trip to Seattle. Both places are awesome, but exhausting! Good luck on your accounting mid term.

I have convinced a couple of people at work to join WW online with me. We'll have our own little support group. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, you poor thing. Ouch to your finger and tooth. Oh no for breaking your new tennis bracelet. Does the place you bought it from have a warranty? Get and feel better!

Here you can see the basement taking shape. Marty's office will be on the left side (he is walking in the imaginary door here). Then there is the sliding glass door opening then the next window will be the family room.

img_1100.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday all!

Deegee, glad you had a good time at the lake! And I wouldn't think twice about the food and drink--that's what times like that are for!

Marcy, you poor thing! I hope you get your tooth sorted out and that the pain goes away promptly!

Had a midterm last night. It was really frustrating! I COULD NOT get my balance sheet to balance, and now I see that it was the unearned revenues throwing me off. ARGH!!! Anway, was very good foodwise yesterday, although I had a glass of wine and a half of a grilled cheese sandwich around 10 pm when I decided to launch right into my OTHER midterm, which is done on-line. Even though it isn't due until Thursday I just stayed up until about midnight and plowed through so I had it over with.

Tonight I'll head to the gym and do some stuff around the house, and probably the same thing tomorrow. Oh, and also do some homework... always more homework to be done... ;(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh dear, exams and sore teeth.

Long work out in the pool and gym yesterday and a long walk on the trails up on Nose Hill today. Whew.

I just had a small slurpee. Can't recall the last time I did and really enjoyed it!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, sounds like you are really doing a lot of school work. Yay! Have some wine for me.

Sharon, your walk sounds great and I am glad you enjoyed a slurpee.

Well, I am starving right now but I had a root canal so I should feel better tomorrow or the next day. The dentist said the tooth was abscessed and got me in to a endodontist this afternoon. That way I didn't have time to get too nervous. The infection has spread so he gave me penicillin to help get rid of that. I guess the tooth was cracked right down the middle from front to back. Based on my previous issues with many assorted teeth I wonder how many of my teeth are cracked. That would explain why the Sonic Care caused me major pain.

They started on the floor of our house. Progress!

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon - a slurpee! I can't even recall the last time I had one. What flavor did you have?

Marcy - you're tooth was cracked the whole way?!? Holy cow -- no wonder you had so much pain. I'm glad you got it taken care of though. I hope you feel better soon.

So I went to the gym last night and then went home and did homework until after 11. I made a grilled cheese for dinner and I somehow put the lid of the pan down on my wrist. I have a red mark about the size of my thumbnail, and it's a little sensitive, but I don't have a blister or anything so hopefully it goes away soon.

No much else to report. Plan on going to the gym again tonight and doing some more homework... Dee = hampster on wheel...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, ouch for burning your arm. I might be up to grilled cheese tomorrow. How was the gym tonight?

Sharon, I hope our accidents and dental problems aren't catching.

Deegee, how are you doing?

I got in to my dentist about 4 pm today. Oh silly me - I thought he was just going to put a temporary crown on it. WRONG. :nono: I spent another hour with my mouth open and instruments inflecting pain on me. He had to remove the temporary cement the endodontist put in, drill out the cracks in my teeth and shave off some of the edges so a crown will fit on it. It wasn't numb enough when he started so he had to give me something stronger which I still have the shakes and the left side of my face isn't moving yet. They didn't do the impression today for the crown because he doesn't think my mouth was closing "normally". When the girl was putting on the temporary crown I had to keep asking her to take everything out of my mouth because I just couldn't hold my mouth open anymore. I at least think I am done with the bad part. He did X-ray it again and showed me a lot of the infection at the root was gone already.

I was pretty shaky at work today and was going to leave early but my department had an error so I wanted to wait around to see if there was anything I need to do for that. Our new employee did something for today, did it wrong and didn't have anyone check it. I usually look at that thing first thing in the morning but didn't find it until too late. Rats.

Food was small and soft today. Very tiny pieces of strawberries, cottage cheese, instant mashed potatoes, a little bit of cheese, tomato soup, a spoon of peanut butter and vanilla pudding.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Marcy-I'm so glad you were able to get into the endodontist so quickly. I hate to hear your tooth was cracked and that you had a rough time at the dentist today. Matt had a root canal last week, and goes back to our dentist next Wednesday for the crown prep. I haven't made an appointment to get my tooth fixed where I broke a piece out of it over the weekend. I'm booked solid this week and next, and the week after we're heading out of town for vacation. I hope it will hold up until we get back! It's really exciting to see your house pictures. I bet you're thrilled. We have fizzled on our home improvements, but have vowed to ... call contractors... to finish everything up when we get back in a few weeks. We'll never get done at the rate we're going so it's best to leave it to the pros.

Sharon-when we lost electricity for several days this summer during the spell of ridiculous heat, we went out for cherry slurpees a few times. They tasted so good,especially in that miserable heat. I hadn't had one in years before that!

Dee*Jay-ouch to the lid on the wrist. If you hang around Marcy and me for long enough, you'll start having all kinds of weird accidents. Marcy has knife issues, and I seem to fall on a daily basis. Your midterms don't sound fun. I remember now what I didn't like about school.

Food was good today. Yogurt for breakfast, half of a roast beef sandwich for lunch, and a salad with grilled chicken on top for dinner. If you don't count the tall Octoberfest beer and the crock of bread pudding I had afterwards, I did really well today! I'm not going to be able to take my walk tonight. Today was a board meeting which ended up lasting 4 hours, and then right after I had another hour long meeting. Too much sitting = a very swollen back and lotsa pain down my leg. I took medicine a little while ago that is making me very sleepy, so I'm off to bed already. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, it sounds like you, Matt and me are keeping our dentists in business. How fun to be getting ready to go on vacation. Are you going somewhere fun?

I don't know what the second shot was I got today but I am still numb, my cheek is swollen and my mouth is drooping on one side. If it isn't better tomorrow I guess I best run out there again. Nice if I could work some this week, huh?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, how is your tooth today? Last time I had major tooth issues I lived on chocolate oreo shakes with extra whipped cream... :lickout: My recovery may have gone on longer than it needed to!

Deegee, I don't even go NEAR knives in the kitchen. When Bill and I were married I was strickly forbidden to do many things in the kitchen, and touch the knives was at the top of the list! Now that I'm on my own I find that one rule I should still abide by!

Went to the gym last night and then hung some curtain when I got home. The place is slowly coming together. I did move in slightly the wrong way hauling the ladder around, and I woke up in the night with a twinge in my back, but it seems to be OK now. Was pretty good foodwise yesterday (although I *might* have had an extra glass of wine after dealing with the curtains, as a slinging around a couple of 108" curtain rod with five panels each on top of a ladder by oneself is not for the faint of heart! Class tonight so no gym, and I forgot to bring a peanut butter sandwich so it looks like yogurt and a granola bar for dinner for me tonight...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My sister had stage 1for a dentl implant-prepping her mouth--and said the one side looks like there is a golf ball implanted....thankfully Advil takes care of the pain. Dental issues = PITA.

Lovely & warm outside--fast walk outside and yoga today. Tomorrow CPR recert--that will be my workout. Gawd I hate that 3 hour class, but my reward will be---CAN YOU GUESS???? Red Napa Valley--oh come to me baby! :tongue:

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon - your "oh come to me baby" comment cracked me up!

Marcy - how are you doing?

Deegee -a cherry slurpee sounds so good!

Heading to Chicago in a few hours for four days. Lots to do this weekend, and I have a meeting there on Tuesday so I'm just staying until then. Was pretty good yesterday foodwise, but got HUNGRY toward the end of my class last night so I had a small package of chocolate chip cookies to the tune of 140 calories. I actually hungry right now too, even though I ate lunch and also had an apple. Hmmm... might have to go seek out a little snack!

Happy weekend all! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, LOL that your recovery lasted longer than it needed because you were living on delicious shakes. It is a good thing for us to stay away from knives. You certainly needed some wine after dancing around on the high wire hanging up curtains. I hope you have a wonderful time in Chicago this weekend.

Sharon, LOL to come to me baby Red Napa Valley. Did your sister just have her implant? It sounds awful for her.

My tooth feels better, my mouth and jaw are still pretty sore. I haven’t been taking Advil though except to sleep so that is good. I am able to carefully and slowly eat normal food so that is progress.

I was pretty lazy today. Marty played golf. I set up my parent’s new answering machine and drove by the house. We have some siding. I met Marty at the club for lunch. We both went out to the house on the way home. I worked on laundry tonight. Marty made us some tomato bisque soup for supper. It was pretty good.

Tomorrow I should clean the house but I will see how ambitious I feel. I have been pretty sleepy and unmotivated this week.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Dee*Jay-I have new curtain rods to hang in my bedroom. They've been sitting across my dresser for weeks now. The cleaners somehow pulled one side of the current curtain rod out of the wall, which way okay in a way because I wanted to replace them anyway (although it left a big hole where it was yanked out). I ran right out and bought new ones and now can't bring myself to put them up!

Sharon-I always hate CPR class. It makes me nauseous and light headed. After I ruined my shoulder, I can't do it any more.

Marcy-I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Matt seems to be doing really well with his this time. I think between the two of us, we've had 7 root canals. 4 of those were mine! I love looking at your house pics. They're making some serious progress! You're supposed to be in by the end of the year, right? We're heading to the Outer Banks next week. We've never been. We're taking Lily, and we invited my parents to come too. Dad has double knee replacement surgery coming up, so this will be a nice, relaxing week for them. I'm looking forward to it. Keep your fingers crossed that no hurricanes pop up!

Matt and I were so tired after last week that we absolutely crashed today. He watched football and I read and napped all day. We ate dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. I had the spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and a delicious locally brewed dark beer that I can never remember the name of. We stopped by Best Buy to look at phones, went to Michaels to buy a cute fall decoration for my door at work, went grocery shopping and then came home and walked 3 miles. We are the most boring couple in the world! We're heading to my parents house tomorrow to close their pool for them since dad can't get around very well right now. Hopefully my nieces and nephew will be there since they have much more energy and better backs than we do! Have a great day tomorrow!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1348366843|3273058 said:
DeeJay, LOL that your recovery lasted longer than it needed because you were living on delicious shakes. It is a good thing for us to stay away from knives. You certainly needed some wine after dancing around on the high wire hanging up curtains. I hope you have a wonderful time in Chicago this weekend.

Sharon, LOL to come to me baby Red Napa Valley. Did your sister just have her implant? It sounds awful for her.

My tooth feels better, my mouth and jaw are still pretty sore. I haven’t been taking Advil though except to sleep so that is good. I am able to carefully and slowly eat normal food so that is progress.

I was pretty lazy today. Marty played golf. I set up my parent’s new answering machine and drove by the house. We have some siding. I met Marty at the club for lunch. We both went out to the house on the way home. I worked on laundry tonight. Marty made us some tomato bisque soup for supper. It was pretty good.

Tomorrow I should clean the house but I will see how ambitious I feel. I have been pretty sleepy and unmotivated this week.

Laters,
Marcy

Welll, my sister had to have a bone graft since her jaw wasn't even enough for the first stage of the implant. She has to wait several months for the graft to heal. Call me crazy but I would never have this procedure--I'd be toothless! She said it is the worst procedure she's experienced to date--and this girl, at 40, had breast cancer--and all the bells and whistles to go with that. So for her to complain, must be awful!

Deegee--I dislike CPR also. I had Shingles (in my face) in late June and still have neuralgia from that; and the CPR really shook that up. I was pretty miserable after, then a big dose of Advil, and had some RED NAPA! :) ;-)

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, your sister has sure had a some challenging times. I hope she is doing well now. Glad some Advil and Red Napa helped you miserable day.

Deegee, how convenient the cleaners pulled out your curtains so you could get some new ones. Did they pay for the replacements for you? Your family vacation sounds like a lot of fun. My mouth continues to improve but my jaw is still sore. I think it is from whatever that last shot was the dentist gave me. I didn’t sleep enough last night but I think I feel a bit better every day.

Our house has some trusses on the roof and siding on some of the garage. I will post a picture in a little while. After driving by our house we wandered around Target. I was out of assorted household things so we came home with quite a bit of stuff.

Food was pretty good today. Breakfast was a mini bagel and some cream cheese. I had a leftover baked potato and some ground beef for lunch and 2 pieces of leftover pizza for supper (a small pizza). I did manage to eat a few dry cheerios for my mid morning break.

Take care!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The house tonight.

img_125.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I finished my penicillin today. I have an appointment in the morning to have the impression taken of my mouth for my crown. Then I need my teeth cleaned sometime and hopefully i am good for 6 months.

Work was busy today. I had a team meeting and reminded people to follow their processes and procedures. We've had 4 mistakes in the last 4 weeks so it was time to put it out there to be and stay focused.

Our house had more put up on the outside today; some of the roof line is in place now. It was raining when we went out there so we only took a shot on my camera looking out the window. I might drive by on the way home from the dentist tomorrow.

Our realtor brought over a revised contract with the price of our house with the upgrades added in. Hurry up contractors. We have a long way to go.

One of my employees brought in homemade salsa today. I had some with a few chips. I was actually able to chew something that crunchy but I didn't eat too many.

Well, take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo tired today... My flight home last night, which was not scheduled to land in Kansas City until almost midnight anyway, had to turn around and go back to O'Hare due to landing gear issues. Of course there was no other plane for us to take at that point so we all had to spend the night in a hotel. Sleep at 12:30...automated call from United at 2:30 telling me about a gate change...up at 4:30 to get the shuttle back to the airport...6:40 flight...YAWWWWWN...

Food was just terrible while I was gone--and I enjoyed every bit of it! I did work out on Monday, but that was it. I do have workout clothes in my suitcase in the back of the car right now, but I really don't think I'll be using them tonight...!

Sharon, your poor sister! I have had an implant and it wasn't that bad (knock on wood!).

Marcy, wow, they are really making progress on the house!

Deegee, I put up tension rods in my new apartment and I love the convenience of them. It was difficult to find some long enough (both of the living room windows are 108") and I was skeptical of the rods working well over such a large span, but so far so good. (Of courses if I go home tonight after being gone for five days and find the rods on the floor I reserve the right to change my answer on that!)

OK, off to find some food. I'm tired AND hungry!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I love the progress pics. When Matt and I moved into our house, there were maybe 5 other houses completed and our neighborhood consisted of one street. It has been really cool to watch houses being built and the neighborhood filling up over the years. I'm always amazed at how quickly it goes from start to new people moving in. I bet you can't wait to buy stuff for yours! I hope your mouth is returning to normal. I'm so glad Matt didn't have the trouble you've had this time. The constant complaining would have driven me nuts. That boy can't take any sort of pain.

Dee*Jay-your trip sounds exhausting. Get some rest! I haven't stopped eating since my girls weekend. I feel like I've gained 15 pounds in a week. Vacation is next week, and then WW online....here I come!

Sharon-oooh, I bet the CPR did mess you up. I was on dorm staff in college, and we had to take CPR. On the very night the whole staff had class, a 19 yr old resident's heart stopped. One of our staff was able to save her life. The ambulance co. thought the call was a prank and delayed sending help, so it was truly a blessing that we had just taken the class that morning. My shoulder and back are so screwed up now that I don't think I would be able to do the compressions.

It has rained nonstop this week. I have aches on top of all my usual aches! Everything that has been broken is giving me a shout out, and the discs that were herniated are making sure I know they're still there. Getting old sucks. My staff has had a rough couple of weeks, so I took us to the Olive Garden for lunch yesterday. I made everyone get one of those cute little desserts too. We had a good time and had a most difficult time staying awake the rest of the afternoon with our full bellies and a steady rain outside. I made homemade pizza for dinner tonight. My side was veggie with a little fat-free cheese. No walk because of rain and pain, so I had a few dark beers instead. I'm off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, it sounds like you had a rough time getting home. What a long night for you. We had a lot of rain yesterday and will again tonight so they weren’t working on our house today. You know if the tension rods come crashing down it will only happen when you are home and sound asleep.

Deegee, it is fun watching them build houses. They are working on about 15 homes in that area and we drive by them all on our way out. I am glad Matt is having better luck than me with his root canal. The trip to Olive Garden sounds like a much needed escape at work. Sorry to hear you are so achy and in pain from the rain. Feel better. Homemade pizza sounds great.

My day was mostly good except the 2 hours at the dentist again. I went in to get the impression made for the crown. I guess they push your gum down or out of the way or something like that to prep for the impression. They removed the temporary and do the prep work which was rather attention getting in a few spots; they do the impression and he thinks I am biting wrong so has me open my mouth a few times and of course then that impression wasn’t right. So he does it all again - my gums were really unhappy with round 2. Well this time it is very obvious it was not right but we still had to wait for the goop to set before they could pull it out of my mouth. Then we try round 3. My gums were really ticked off by now. The third impression wasn’t good but he said it would work. We’ll see when the crown shows up if it worked okay. They put the temporary back on and I was on my way. The dentist has new chairs that you are laying at an angle with your head the lowest - after about 2 hours of that my blood pressure seemed to be elevated so I was kind of jittery again after leaving. It is weird. Hopefully when the crown comes in it will be a piece of cake (mmm) to put in and I’ll be done with this mess. See Deegee, I am whining about my teeth all the time too.

We met my parents and in-laws for supper tonight. That is always kind of awkward but i guess it went well. I had ground beef and a baked potato - soft, easy to chew food.

After supper we wandered around Home Depot. Marty likes some of their cabinets for his man cave wet bar. We looked at appliances, shades and countertops while we were there.

It is chilly and rainy here this week. The roofers came by today to start working on our roof but since it was wet and our roof is pretty steep they decided to come back next week when it warms up again.

Well, I am off to get ready for bed. :snore:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! Quickie post tonight. I had way too much to drink this evening and am about to konk out. I'm afraid I'm falling into the old, bad habits that caused me to gain a bunch of weight years ago. I tend to do this when my pain level ramps up. Grr. Today was a great day at work. Not work-wise, but just a great day. This week is Public Employees Recognition Week, and our employee activity committee planned some great events to make us feel good. This is the one week a year we get to take extra time and do some fun activities with coworkers. Today was a breakfast catered by Panera Bread and a talent show this afternoon. It was so much fun! I and an employee who played drums and another who played a beautiful song on the keyboard. We had other musical acts, a juggler, and a wonderful poetry reading. It was awesome! We even had a sing-a-long with the whole office to John Denver's "Country Roads". Too fun. Any money spent this week was raised by the committee and did not come from taxpayer funds (I have to add that disclaimer). It has been a much needed, morale boosting week. Food hasn't been good all week, and unfortunately it is still pouring rain so no walk tonight.

Marcy-trust me, you're no where near complaining on Matt's level! I just hope you feel back to normal once you have the crown. I'm thrilled my broken tooth hasn't started hurting. I need to remember to make an appointment for when I get back from vacation. You met both your parents AND inlaws? My parents haven't seen my inlaws since our wedding, almost 18 years ago! My inlaws are not nice. You talking about Matry's man cave reminds me that a coworker is making a girl cave in her house, complete with pretty chandelier, sparkly pillows and other girl stuff. Her colors are cream, gold, and a nice gold/beige on the wall. Great idea!

Sorry to go on and on. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, sounds like a fun week at work. I constantly worry about falling back in to my old bad habits. Since I've been eating soft food I picked up some brown sugar pop tarts because a microwaved one is easy to eat. Of course I eat one now not 2 and I don't have them for breakfast; I am having them when I get really hungry and haven't eaten much. I need to cut down on a second glass of wine when we go back too. I hope you start to feel better soon. I always find my parents and inlaws getting together to be a little uncomfortable. They are never going to get along very well; I don't know why I try to arrange get togethers.

Work was busy, we met some friends for supper. I had 1/2 a glass of wine and 1/2 of a chopped steak and mashed potatoes. Lunch was leftovers from supper last night. I was going to make pasta for supper so I will probably make it for supper tomorrow.

Well, take care!

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday all!

Marcy, you are a better man than I am! When I was married I would have never voluntarily put my parents and inlaws in the same room together. As a matter of fact, I avoid even my own parents with their respective current spouses being within the same state. There's a reason I skipped my college and grad school graduations and eloped in Las Vegas!

Deegee, I hear you on slipping back into bad habits. Here in KC I am trying hard to form new habits, but when I am in Chicago or traveling to other places it is SOOOO easy to be bad. One of the things I am doing now (and that I did a few years ago when I lost 30 lbs) is keeping a little spreadsheet with my calories every day. It's one thing to be thinking, hm, well I ate that thing and that thing... but it's another to be faced with a list and a bottom line total telling you what you've really taken in for the day. Not sure if that would work for you, but just throwing it out there for consideration. Oh, and I do factor my wine in! One bottle of wine is about 600 calories, so the way I pour a glass is about 150. If I know I'm going home and slugging a few back, I put that in there first thing and work backwards the rest of the day. If the choice is another half a peanut butter sandwich or a glass of Malbec, well, the Argentines win every time!

Nothing exciting to report from yesterday. I did have a little birthday cake for one of my coworkers mid-afternoon, and I ate half a grille cheese sandwich when I got home from class, but I think I was still in pretty good shape with the food. My plan is to work out tonight, but I don't think I'll be able to get any other gym time in this weekend becuase I'm doing a quick Pittsburgh trip Saturday/Sunday. I'll be visiting my grandmother, brother and mother (who I haven't seen for YEARS). Talk about needing some WINE!!! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I hope to avoid the family get togethers pretty much the rest of my life. It just gets to uncomfortable for everyone especially me. That is a wonderful idea to keep your daily calories in a spreadsheet. Those numbers don't lie!!! Saving some calories for wine is a good motivator during the day. I am sipping on my one and only glass of shiraz right now.

We drove by our house. They have more framing done inside and house. I have to post this picture though because I wanted to get the moon in the photo. It was kind of muddy around there so I just stayed in the street. Marty said they have framed out his office in the basement. It is going to be huge. Cool!!

Take care and have a great weekend.

Marcy

img_134.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Our roof is pretty much covered. Yippee.

Marty is at a Peter Gabriel concert tonight with some of his buddies from his military days. He went down yesterday afternoon to see them.

I got the club newsletter done and posted and worked some more on our Pebble Beach photos. I think I will do photo Christmas cards this year. The pictures we had taken of the 2 of us together are all awful so I guess I will go with scenery photos.

I worked on laundry today and met a girl friend for supper. I ran her out to see our house then got home about 7.

I am syncing up my iPhone and iPad tonight. I don't do that as often as I should. I want my backup to be ready when my iPhone 5 gets here. I see I have to do a patch because some Verizon customers were being charged for data usage even when they were on wifi.

I ate supper at Olive Garden and something isn't setting well with me and my tongue feels swollen. Weird. I took some alka seltzer. Probably the evil coming out in me.

They are talking snow in the forecast next week. Noooooohhhhh! My Michelins will be in tomorrow. I was reading reviews online and some people aren't too happy with that tire's performance on snow and ice. I will have Marty ask them about it. They cannot be worse than the continental ones I have now. They slide really bad on ice. Boo.

Well take care. Do we really have to go back to work tomorrow? Rats.

Laters
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Survived my weekend in Pittsburgh with the fam. Oy.

Was very very bad food wise, and didn't work out at all. BUT! On Friday I weighed myself at the gym and was down a couple of pounds, so I'm pretty thrilled with that. After this weekend though...

Anyway, will be good for the next few days, and plan to work out on Tuesday and Wednesday, then off to Lake Geneva for a long weekend. (More badness will ensure! :cheeky: )

Marcy, I'm with you on not being good about backing things up. Every once in a while I do do it, out of sheer fear of losing EVERYTHING. Ack! And *S*N*O*W*... :o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results