carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Skippy! :wavey:

Marcy, that's quite a hole you have there! I can almost see you on the patio too. (Apparently the two of us have very vivid imaginations... ! :bigsmile: )

Didn't work out last night becuase I did two hard workouts over the weekend, but I'll be back at the gym tonight. I am wearing a skirt thta I bought a few weeks ago, and I swear it is looser now than when I got it. Either that, or I am imagining it. Did I mention that vivid imagination thing?!?

Anyway, we are having our monthly company lunch today. I think the menu is hot dogs and brats. Not the most calorie friendly fare, but I'll do my best...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, yay for your skirt being looser. :appl: :appl: I am so glad you can see us out on the patio. It's always a good thing to have a vivid imagination. We went back out tonight and they've dug some more holes and trenches. They are going to think we are stalking them. Marty drove by at lunch today. Did you have a nice time at the company lunch today? We are having an ice cream social tomorrow. They often have sherbet so hopefully they will have it again this year.

I brought home "window food" for supper and then we went out to see our lot. We stopped at Sams and wandered around for awhile. We were watching TV then work started calling Marty. He is talking to people in Hong Kong right now on a project.

I am yawning so I guess I will start getting ready for bed. It is really smokey here today and tonight from all the fires in Nevada and California. It is not making my allergies very happy. Boo.

Laters. :wavey:

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mary, what is window food? Is that like, "How much is that pastrami in the window?"

I was pretty good at the lunch yesterday (but let's be honest, the food wasn't that great... ). I did end up having some peanut butter and crackers last night while I was studying, but I was out of wine and didn't want to open a new bottle just to have one glass and then have to throw it away becuase I'm going to Chicago for the weekend and won't be there to finish it.

Did I mention that I've signed up for some accounting classes? I can't reacall (and I'm too lazy to go back through my postsk, LOL). Anyway, I'm going to take the rest of the accounting requirements to be able to sit for the CPA. I figure I should be done and licensed by the end of 2013, so between that and my new found re-love of the gym I should be busy. I am going to leave this place a skinny accountant when the time comes!

Last night I did a hard workout (hard for me anyway! Just 20 mins on the gauntlet and 40 on the bike, but I'm trying to be reasonable... ) and I'll do another one tonight. I think I'm going to try the elliptical again, even though I'm afraid it was bad for my ankle last time. My body has turned into a control group--let's do X at the gym tonight and see what part hurts tomorrow!

Anyway, off to find some asprin or something. I was woken up very early this morning by a wasp on the inside of my bedroom window. he was making all sorts of racket (how do they make so much noise??) and between that and my fear of getting stung, I never really went back to sleep. I think my headache is more annoyance than anything at this point!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy - BTW, did you see I renamed you "Mary" in my last post? :rolleyes: My fingers move faster than my brain... Sometimes I accidentally type "March," but hopefully I catch those before I post them. Oops!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, no worries. Mary, Nancy, March - it is all good. I've been called a lot better names than that. My maiden name used to get murdered a lot. We were on the floor one time when I got a letter addressed to Ms. Fling. Glad to see you are planning ahead enough and making sure you don't waste good wine. We are very careful that we will finish the bottle just not to waste the wine. Window food sounds better than drive through but you do get your food from the window. How fun to be working towards getting your CPA. That will be a lot of home work and studying but a great field. I am sure you'll leave there as a skinny accountant. It is good you are spreading the pain around at the gym. Oh wait maybe that is not such a good idea.

I swear I should have been moved to rehab today. My feet and knees were barely working. All the houses we went through Sunday required those little booties so I had to bend my knees a ton of times getting them on and off and of course my tennis shoes kept catching on them making it more challenging. I also walked up and down more stairs than normal so that did in my knees. Then yesterday I wore a pair of shoes that are too big and ended up walking quite a bit so my feet are yelling at me "yo Marcy. We don't like you so take this!". Last night Marty was looking at me funny because I was setting on the couch with frozen gel packs on both feet and both knees.

I was not very good today. I had fruit and an English muffin for breakfast and Cheerios for break. At lunch I had mini cheeseburgers by Smart Ones and I figured I would eat both of them since they were each 200 calories. I had a half bag of cool ranch Doritos and someone gave a peanut butter cup. Yes, they forced it on me. Ha ha. Then we had an ice cream social at work so I had one scope of vanilla ice cream with a little syrup. We met the in-laws for supper and had chips and cheese dip,a glass of wine, a few fries and a hamburger without bun. I am stuffed by then so they ask us to go get frozen custard with them and I had a small dish of chocolate. I am miserable right now. Aak.

I also got my new ring in cheese sauce so I had to soak it when we got home. Oh the tragedy of getting food on my ring. Marty was amused.

It was smoky here again today but the sunset was pretty. The sun is really orange.

Well off to clean the cheese out of my ring.

Tomorrow is Thursday. Woo hoo.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy - Ah, now I get window food! It makes sense when you say it that way, LOL.

My plans to work out last night were derailed by my boss suggesting that we have a department outing... that involved beer and appetizers, LOL. I pretty much just went home and climbed in bed after that. Early this morning I started hearing a sound that was like water dripping in the bedroom of my corporate apartment, but there is no where for water TO be dripping, and the units are all the same floorplate, so it couldn't have been coming from the unit above me because that is their bedroom too. I never did figure it out, and of course, couldn't go back to sleep once I'd woken up. Sigh.

May try to make it to the gym tonight, but I have to pack for my trip tomorrow and I have a friend coming next week and need to clean up the apartment before she gets here or else she may run screaming out of my unit and straight to the nearest hotel!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Went to the gym last night, but for some reason it was really HARD to do my regular workout (and maybe even a litte on the light side of regular to be honest). I powered through, but I was definitely not happy about it, LOL. Had a small microwave pizza with added pepperoni when I got home, but really I was pretty good yesterday, so hopefully everything balances out...

And today I got talked into going to lunch and half half of a turken/bacon/avacado sandwich (after having a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast that I was supposed to save for lunch, but obviously that didn't happen, LOL) and kettle chips. Oh well; I am going to Chicago this afternoon and planned on eating something in the airport, but now I'll just have a Kind bar.

Speaking of Kind bars, does anyone eat those? I found Kind "minis" and ordered a case of my favorite flavor, apricot almond, because I can't find them in any stores down here. I seriously love those things! And the minis are only 100 cals, so not too bad.

That's all for now, just trying to finish some things up before I go to the airport.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I hope you have a blast at Chicago this weekend. What are kind bars? I will have to look for them this morning when I go to the store. Your office outing sounds fun.

Last night Marty wanted to go to the golf course bar and have a drink. We ran in to an old friend of mine who was several drinks ahead of us so we sat and visited with her and her family for awhile. She was pretty funny when we were showing her the plans to our house she kept pointing out to everywhere else where "her" room was going to be. She has twins (a boy and a girl) who are freshman this year and are competing in youth golf tournaments. It was fun catching up with her.

We drove by the lot on the way home and found a new trailer on site with frames so hopefully they will get some more done this weekend. I think I'll google steps to building a house since I obviously am inpatient and don't know what it takes to get things done. :bigsmile:

Marty left for golf about 6:30. I actually went back to sleep and woke up at 8. What a TREAT!!!! I am off to the parents to water now then need to go to the grocery store. My least favorite task on the weekend. ;( At 1 today we are going to the builders "choice" room to go through and make selections. They are closed today for the parade of homes so no one will be in there but us. I printed about 6 pages of a blank spreadsheet to write down item, standard choice then upgrade choice 1 and 2. That way when we meet with the ladies on Wednesday we can price out the upgrades and if they are too pricey we will already have the standard option picked as well. They are running a special during the parade of homes knocking $7500 off the lots so I asked if we can get that deal. If they give it to us then we can do more upgrades. If not, standard selections here we come.

Have a great and healthy weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-sounds like your house is really coming along. The builders choice thing sounds scary to me...having to make choices. Ahh! I hope they give you the extra off your lot so you could get the upgrades. I bet it is really exciting to drive by your lot and see action going on. How's your dad? My dad has to have a double knee replacement as soon as they can get it scheduled. The dr hasn't said anything about a rehab center so I am trying to convince mom to ask about it for the first week at least. Interesting some of the things you said about your dad's care. And I want you to know, I swear I'm seeing snakes everywhere! In the driveway! Nope, that's foliage from a lily. In the road while I'm taking my walk! No, that's just a piece of rope. In the garage as I get out of my car! Nope, foliage that blew in the garage. If I were you, I'd have to move to temporary housing until my new house was done. Oh, how I hate snakes!!

Dee*Jay-I hope you had a great visit in Chicago. You sound like me with your broken bones and herniated disks. I have a hard time finding exercises that don't make me swell. I stick to walking my dog Lily 3-4 miles a day now, and even that causes some swelling. Lousy back. I'm thinking about taking some accounting classes. I'd like to change jobs, but everything I'm interested in requires accounting hours, and my degree is in elementary education. I only taught for 5 years because I discovered I don't really care for kids too much. Badly behaved kids with foul mouths and no respect for anything, anyway. My true calling is to be a stay at home doggy mom and volunteer at the local no kill animal shelter, but my hubby hasn't shown any signs of thinking it's a marvelous idea like I do. Bummer.

I have been doing really well the past few weeks with eats & exercise. My pants are not as tight tight, I can get them buttoned and they're no longer painful around the waist. Progress! I havent worked up the courage to get on the scale yet. Matt and I took a complete and total slacker day today. I stayed in my super comfy bed in my jammie's and read and dozed all day, and he has been playing video games and watching movies all day. Lily and the cats hopped up in bed with me and stretched out on Matt's side. What a nice, lazy day. We have no food in the house, so I'm trying to make myself get in the shower so we can go eat. Hmmm...maybe we should just order pizza instead. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. It can’t be Sunday evening already. Boo!

Deegee, I hope your dad does well with his double knee replacement. I think he is getting around pretty well but he is in a lot of pain. I think I need to quit driving by the lot everyday because it seems to be coming along at a snail’s pace. Sorry you are seeing snakes every where. I am already worried if the new place will be worse since it is actually at the edge of town; pretty much out in the country. Aak. Yay for progress! Your total slacker day sounds really fun.

We spent about 4 hours going through everything picking out our choices. There is no way we can afford to upgrade all the carpet and the builder grade carpet choices we get standard are not as nice as what we put in our house about a year and a half ago. Rats. I really like the carpet we have. I even have to put it in all our bedrooms here when we move out. At least one of their standard choices has a 10 year warranty so we will pick that one. We picked out 3 choices for granite countertop in the kitchen and will probably pick the cheapest one. We picked a corian for the master bathroom but from what I read online it may be as pricey as granite; we will see where those come in on Wednesday. We are going with standard formica laminate in the 2nd bath and basement bath. We are upgrading cabinets to a stain called cinnamon. I don’t know the price on that yet. I want to add cabinets in the laundry room as well. Marty wants to see how much solid wood interior doors would cost to be stained cinnamon plus have all the trim and floorboards in the house the same color. I wouldn’t mind the solid doors but I don’t like the dark floorboards. They look nice but it is not my style. We are going with standard oak floors where the wood floors will be. We picked out 2 standard floor tiles so we hope they don’t want the entire house done in one tile. We are going to see how much they charge for accent tile in the master bath. Marty said he’d do the kitchen backsplash after we move in so we won’t ask about that. We narrowed down the wall colors, and picked out some standard light fixtures for the baths and dining room. Our selection meeting is Wednesday so I have a nice list made up to hopefully get us through that pretty quickly.

Last night we watched TV and had popcorn for supper. Marty didn’t have a tee time until 10 am this morning so I made homemade biscuits for breakfast. I made him some bacon and eggs too and we both had a bowl of mixed fruit.

I went to visit my parents and water for them then worked on laundry and picking up / cleaning the house. I also started to make a list of things I’ll need to take care of as we go along to get ready to move.

I made BBQ ribs for supper along with corn on the cob and vinegar pickles. Marty is actually working tonight with guys in Hong Kong.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Marcy, your choices for the house sound great and I can't wait for the tour once it's all done! Do you have an ETA on completion of the house?

Deegee, I actually start my acconting classes tonight becuse I'm going to finish the requirements I need to sit for the CPA. I think when all is send and done the process will take me about a year. If you go that route, we can suffer through together! And your comment that you don't really care for kids made me laugh! I am also not a fan. I'm the mean ol' lady who will go into a restaurant and when they try to seat me beside a passle (or even one) munchkin I'm like, "Ah--no. We'll sit over THERE!"

Got back from Chicago around midnight last night. My eating wasn't SO bad (but it wasn't SO good either, LOL), and I haven't worked out since last Thursday. I was thinking I could go to the gym tomrorow night but now I have someone staying with me who had a death in the family and needs to crash here in KC, so I'm afraid that won't happen.

OK, gotta go tackle this pile of stuff on my desk...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, they are planning on closing around Christmas. They are building about 12 homes in there in various stages some of them are not custom though so hopefully our house will be moved up the list a little bit. Your classes sound like a lot of work but will be worth it. I am 100% with you and Deegee about kids. We often eat in the bar because we know there won't be any screaming kids by us. I adore my nieces and nephews but a group of kids can sure make me nervous. I am sorry your friend had a death in the family.

Work seemed to drag on forever today. I ran out at lunch and watered my parent's flowers. I had cheerios and a peach for breakfast, a 100 calorie granola bar (more like mini bar :bigsmile: ) for snack, a PB sandwich for lunch and pasta / beef for supper. Then Marty opened a bottle of wine and we've established I don't believe in alcohol abuse so naturally we finished the bottle. Mmm. Then we went for a drive by the lot. They are getting the green way put in behind out lot and were still working on it tonight. The footings have been poured in our lot and they have forms ready to put in. Progress!!! You guys can stop by for a tour anytime. :wavey:

Take care.
Marcy

footings.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Yucky day at work. 4 glasses of wine tonight. Ate too much tonight. Went to an elections return party (hence 4 glasses of wine). Must go to sleep. :wavey:

But they are starting to pour the foundation at our house. :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm impressed you could still type after 4 glasses of wine! And that's exciting about your foundation!

Worked out last night and cleaned up my apartment because I have a guest coming this weekend. My knee hurts kind of strangely this morning (and it did on the bike last night too, which it never does) so I don't know if I'm going to work out tonight or not. There is a little gym in my building and maybe I'll just go and do the elliptical or something because otherwise I won't get another workout in until this weekend. We'll see.

A friend of mine that I used to work with at Goldman Sachs is in town today and I'm meeting her for lunch and a really good restaurant so all bets are off in terms of food today!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have been biking and walk/gently run daily. Weather has been fine. If it rains I will go to the pool or yoga.

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday. What a fun day - just that I didn’t go to work. Sweet.

Dee Jay, I hope your knee is feeling better. I hope you had fun catching up with a former co-worker at lunch.

Sharon, the weather has been beautiful here too but there is certainly a nip of fall in the morning.

I slept in until about 8 What a treat! Of course the 4 glasses of wine I had before going to bed last night helped me sleep.

I got up and amazingly had a headache and wasn’t very hungry. Hmm. I wonder why. :bigsmile:

I went to water my parent’s flowers, showed my dad the latest pictures of our lot and foundation progress then went to the bank and post office.

I came home and got Marty and we went to our appointment with the builder. We got through everything by about 12:30. Some of our upgrades didn’t cost as much as I expected, some cost more and a few things added money I wasn’t expecting but in the end we came away with a total less than I planned. Woo hoo!!! You know we’ll have more things to add here and there but I believe the big stuff is already reviewed and on the list on the list. They didn’t do much on our lot today other than put up more forms. I am sure they have to wait for the previously poured cement to set.

They’ve poured the sidewalk behind our house for the greenway. Sweet. :appl:

Then we went out to lunch. I had a few pieces pizza and Marty had a calzone. We brought home our leftovers for supper.

This afternoon I got gas, new tennis shoes, picked up a few things for my dad and caught up on some programs I had on our DVR.

Marty gave me “tiny wings” on my iPad so I’ve been wasting a lot of time with that. I am stuck on level though.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw yellow leaves today! boohoo....cannot summer last forever???

Will trapse the mall and get groceries--my BIG exercise gig! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a fly-by on this busy Monday!

Did a "lite" workout in the gym in my building on Saturday and a hard one yesterday at my regular gym. Had a friend in town for the weekend and we ate...and drank...and ate...and drank...

Is it wrong that I ate carrot cake three times yesterday?!? :cheeky:

How all is well with everyone -- Marcy, where are you?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I had to pop in to say that carrot cake is always, always okay. Always. While on weight watchers, I stopped every Thursday after weigh in for a piece of the absolute best 6 layer carrot caked from a local home cooking restaurant. I lost weight every week, therefore I determined that carrot cake was a very useful weight loss tool! I had a piece this past weekend with an Octoberfest beer. Yummalicious in my little world.

Sharon-yellow leaves here too. I'm actually looking forward to fall because I'm sick of this ridiculous heat!

Marcy-I'm so excited about your house progress. Woo-hoo for the upgrades! Is your dad still doing okay with his rehab from knee surgery? They still haven't scheduled dad's yet. He has so many blood clots in his leg, they're having to do lots of preparation testing. I worry about him having to be off blood thinners for a week before surgery.

The last few weeks have been cruddy! I have 3 close friends. One had a total hysterectomy week before last. One was in the hospital with encephalitis last week-very very scary. The third fractured a vertebrae falling in the shower. Of the 3, the one who had the hysterectomy is the least sick! I'm the one weird things usually happen to. I'm afraid my friends have been around me for too long and I have infected them with my sucky luck gene. Everyone is expected to make a full recovery, although the one with encephalitis had us all scared to death. The lady with the fractured vertebrae told me she has started drinking a big glass of red wine before dinner to help her sleep instead of taking pain medicine. Anybody have recommendations for a good (um...for relaxing purposes) red wine for me? My evening glass of beer isn't really good for sleeping. I have a early and long lousy day tomorrow (I have to testify in 2 cases. BOO.) I'm off to bed. Have a wonderful healthy day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I am alive! I swear.

Sharon, sadly we are starting to have signs of fall around here too. At least we get to see pretty colored leaves.

Dee Jay, it sounds like you have a fun weekend with your company. Carrot cake has veggies in it.

Deegee, I like your logic on carrot cake being okay. You have to stick with what works. I hate to hear your friends are having difficulties. I hope they are all on the mend soon. We like Malbec and Shiraz wines. Pino works too. We always to to stores that have scores posted and try to get something 89 or higher. Red wines are usually around $15 a bottle around here. If you want some brands I can ask Marty.

I had a very busy couple of days. This house stuff is going to drive me to drink. Oh wait, it already has.

Friday, work was irritating so I call Marty on the way home. No answer. A sure sign he is playing golf. His folks are usually at the golf course for supper on Friday night so I head out there to have a drink with them until Marty is done with golf. Usually we don’t get supper till 8 so I decided to pick up a sandwich on the way and eat it before I go to the club. I get there. No Marty’s truck. No in-laws. So I have a drink waiting to hear from Marty. He was at the other golf course in town and wants to go eat. I met him and had water while he ate.

Saturday I went to get a perm. I ask for the top to be layered like a 70’s shag because I have so much hair the layered bobs are just too top heavy for me. I also specified to leave the length the way it was and said I want a body perm not curly. Well I got the layered look. She cut quite a bit off even the bottom and it is curly, curly, curly. My father-in-law had sent me a joke the day before about how the proper thing to say to you wife that won’t get you in trouble is always “can I get you a glass of wine”. So I text Marty and said when you see my perm the proper thing to say is “can I get you a glass of wine’. That at least made me laugh. It doesn’t look bad but it wasn’t what I wanted. The beautician was also trying to do a pedicure and a manicure at the same time so I think she left the perm on too long which is part of what happened, but then she got in a hurry and didn’t put the cotton around my hair for the neutralizer and my skin got kind of a burn from it. I get out of there and I actually bought my lunch and went to eat at our lot. Then I came home and cleaned and did laundry.

Saturday night we went to the in-laws for supper. They sold their house and are moving out by October 5 so they are giving Marty a ton of furniture. They aren’t really asking for money but said we could get them a Lowe’s gift card. They have a place in Arizona too and want to get a security door for the front of it. We will be able to furnish the family room and then some with what they are giving us.

Sunday morning we headed to Denver. Marty wanted to wander around IKEA. Trust me I got in a lot of walking there. We were in there over 3 overs. The cement got my knee and feet griping at me. We picked up knobs and handles for the cabinets and drawers in our house and some non skid for the bottom of the cupboards and drawers. Then we wandered a mall, my favorite jewelry store, a few furniture stores and ate dinner. We got home pretty late last night.

My feet and knees are still a bit irritated today. I sure have problems walking or standing on concrete that long.

I am tired just recounting what we’ve done the last few days. I also went through the upgrades and expenses on the house. I swear if we asked them to switch what side a door opened on they’d charge you for it. Wow!

Well, I am off to get something done before I have to get ready for bed. :wavey:

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I scared all you guys away, huh? I don't have any long stories today. :wavey:

Work was busy today. We met one of Marty's former employees for supper. She is in town for the week. It was fun to catch up with her. We made it out to the lot at twilight. Nothing new at the lot today.

Is it Friday yet? Yay for a long weekend on the way.

Take care!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy hump day kids!

Marcy, I went to a new person to get my hair cut over the weekend and got *almost* what I wanted. I actually had to even out the back across the bottom myself with cuticle scissors. Ack.

Deegee, I agree with you on the cake!!!

Sharon, summer here has been SO miserable that I'm actually looking forward to fall!

I *planned* to work out last night, but I ended up staying in my office until almost 9 pm doing homework for my Thursday night class. It turned out to be A LOT more than I had anticipated, and once I was deep into it I just wanted to finish. Oh well, there's always tonight, right?

And foodwise I've been VERY good this week...maybe too good. I counted up my calories last night and I think I was even under 1,000. Definitely not on purpose, and I don't like to be that low becuase I'm afraid of my body then hoarding calories, which defeats the purpose, but there is just nothing left in my corporate apartment to eat at this point, LOL.

And speaking of that, I am moving into a permanent apartment on Friday -- woo hoo!!! This corporate housing experience has not exactly been fabulous...

OK, off to do something productive. Have a good day all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! Today is actually my Friday becasuse I'm moving tomorrow -- yay!

I went out for happy hour last and then went to the gym. There's nothing like riding up and down on that elliptical maching with two Stellas sloshing around in your tummy--HA!

Not much else exciting to report. Class tonight until 10 so I'll be dining on a balogna and cheese sandwich at the break around 8 pm. Launches me right back into my childhood with every bite, LOL.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have Cigna as their health care provider? We have this program here where if you earn "points" you get a deduction on your medical premium. My premium is about $170/month (which is A LOT higher than what I paid at my old job, but it is what it is). If you achieve different point levels you get $25, $50 or $75/month off your premium. I don't think I can get enough points before the end of this year (and that would count toward next year) to get $75 off, but I think I can get to the $50 level.

Anyway, if any of you have this program (or one like it) let me know because I have questions and the Cigna people are SO annoying that I can't bring myself to call them again. They are always trying to talk about some other option... "Would you like to join a gym -- you can get points for that!" Um... I already belong to a gym... just look at my profile... "Would you like to get your teeth cleaned -- you can get points for that!" OK, but I've already had two cleanings this year...

But for some reason they can't seem to answer the specific question that I'm asking, like how to log in my workouts to get points for those.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, that is scary to cut across the back of your hair. It is so hard to find someone good to cut your hair. How exciting you are moving to your own apartment. You can make it more your home. How is your class going? It sounds like a lot of homework but how exciting. We have Cigna where I work. Did you have to take the wellness “interview?” We have to do that and pledge to be tobacco free and we get $10 for doing each every other week in a health savings card. Yes, their programs are helpful but they will call you and pester you with suggestions. Not bad coverage though. Good luck moving tomorrow.

Hi everyone! Unlike Dee Jay I have to work tomorrow but then we’ll have a 3 day weekend. Sweet. They have a bobcat setting in our basement now and starting filling back in some dirt.

Work was hectic today so the day just flew by. I brought home tacos for supper, then we went to the lot, walked around Sams and Office Max. I found some magnets that look like gems. Fun! We bought some towels to test. I bought 2 wash clothes and 2 large bath towels and if we like them I’ll go pick up a few more for the new house.

Here is a picture of a rainbow I saw yesterday from the golf course. I was really bright and intense! Neat.

Have a healthy and safe weekend.
Marcy

img_1071.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are having fun weekend. I tried to sleep in since I was up late but that didn't work out. Rats. I am yawning and it isn't even 9 pm yet. I went to Kohls and Kmart and picked up a few things. I had a $30 kohls cash so I got some drapes on clearance for the new house free. Sweet. I ran out to the lot, dropped things off at our house then went to meet Marty after golf. I had half of a hamburger and a few fries. We both went to the lot and looked around. They have all the gravel down prepping for foundation to be poured. I didn't make it to the store for food so we had some frozen TGIF potato skins for supper.

My dad is driving again. They drove by our lot. He is in a lot of pain more often his hip than his knee but he is still getting better. He is doing the leg exercises now and they are adding weight on his ankle to lift and that is pulling in his hip. He told me he would start watering again.

We watched Hunger Games tonight. It was pretty good but what a disturbing story. Marty has read all 3 books.

Me

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday all!

Marcy, I'm glad to hear your dad is driving, and I hope his pain goes away soon.

Moved into my new place on Friday and the packers on the front end and the movers on both ends did an AMAZING job. Not so much as one broken glass. WOW! There has been a lot of progress made, but we just went over to my temporary apartment and brought everyone from there to here. It was only one SUV load, but damn, now the place is a TOTAL disaster again. And I have a TON of accounting homework and an on-line test I need to take by tomorrow. Not entirely sure how that's going to happen...

No working out since Thursday, but this move has kept me in continuous motion. That must count for something--right?!? And food... don't even ask...

OK, off to set up the patio furniture and tackle all the clothes in the closet that just came over from my other apartment. ACK.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I was very lazy today. I slept in until 8;30. What a treat.

Dee Jay, good luck on your test. Have fun arranging your apartment. I am not looking forward to moving at all. I am sure you burned off a ton calories moving.

I went over to visit my parents for awhile. Then did my least favorite chore which is grocery shopping. We were having a big supper so I had some nuts, cheese and crackers for lunch. Marty got home from golf about 3:30. We had baked potatoes, steak and corn on the cob for supper.

I made up the September club newsletter and wrote a few birthday cards. Not much exciting. I have laundry, cleaning and cookie baking to do tomorrow. Marty requested oatmeal raisin cookies.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I slept in again today. That alarm is going to be so annoying in the morning. :bigsmile:

I made Marty his cookies; I made a few without raisins for me but not many so they won't be around for a long time. I got our laundry done and made homemade mac and cheese for dinner. We ran out to the lot so Marty could go "set" in his office and pretend to be working. We took a card table and chair, his laptop and iPad. Too funny!

Well I am off to bed. 30 minutes early. Wow!

We had rain last night. Sweet. We need a lot of moisture here.

Have a great day!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Went to the gym last night for the first time since last Thursday. My eating--or more accurately, drinking!--plan was thrown off last night because I was on the phone until after 11 with some AT&T rep in Bangalore or somewhere over there. My internet worked perfectly for four days, and then yesterday it stopped. Of course I have a TON of homework for my class tomorrow, and virtually none of it got done last night, so I'll be skipping the gym tonight to finish it. Today is my birthday but I don't think anyone here knows it so I may be able to escape unscathed in terms of a cake or anything else bad.

OK, off to order a new duvet and shams for the bed becuase I had to seriously rearrange the furniture on a room by room basis in this new space and now I've got gold and burgandy chairs in the bedroom with blue and green bedding. Clash-o-rama!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results