carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ya, they are talking snow or sleet here as well. Was 21C today and tomorrow snow? Only in Alberta.....

Worked it hard in the gym/pool today. One gal asked about my routine today and followed me around in the pool... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, yay for being down on the scale. You are quite the traveller these days. Fun for you.

Sharon, yes that 4 letter word snow is back in our lives. At least it is pretty.

We have shingles all over our roof. Holy cow they put a ton of them up there. Marty said it sounded like they were going to come through the roof when they out them up there. They are coming to work on the roof tomorrow.

We went to our house tonight. The sides and roof all have sheeting on them. They still haven't fixed the corner angle for the demand we found the fireplace is being built with a niche and we wanted a flat wall. Once the place is all locked up Marty will have to run out during the day. I emailed our sales lady about it.

Work was mostly meetings today. Boring. I picked up tacos for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids!

Nothing exciting here... Was pretty good foodwise yesterday, although I did have half a grilled cheese when I got home from class. It's less than 150 cals, so not bad, but I really don't want to get in the habit of eating at 10 o'clock at night! I'll go to the gym tonight and tomorrow, and (of course... ) do some homework and other stuff. I have finals next week, and I will be SO SO SO glad to have this term come to an end! I haven't had a single whole weekend in my apartment since I moved to get things in order--there are still boxes of books in the office waiting to be unpacked!

Marcy, did your insurance end up covering the cost of the roof repair? I can't remember if you ever posted on how that turned out. And you guys are just cranking right along on that house!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I like grilled cheese - you can make them fairly reasonable calorie wise and you feel like you get a treat. I can't believe you are already finishing a term at school. It must be some of the accelerated classes. Good luck on your finals. We did finally reach an agreement with the insurance. The original quote came down about $700 after they bickered with the insurance company. Our deductible is $250 so that is all we have to pay. The insurance we are getting on our new house doesn't have that nice of a deductible. It is a lot higher deductible and I think the roof deductible is about $3000. I can't find it right now in my "house" emails but the premium is a lot less than the one we have on our current house.

I had an employee out sick today but we weren't super busy so I did his work for him. I ran out at lunch to do a few errands. Marty was here most of the day while they were working on the roof. He said it was horribly loud. He went to see an orthodontist. His bottom teeth are pretty crooked and overlapped and the dentist recommended he look in to having them straightened because they are getting harder to get and keep clean. That will be a pricey bit of dental work. I swear we should finally have enough medical deductions this year to claim them on our income tax.

Marty fixed us some pasta / hamburger casserole for supper and cut up some raw veggies for us. After I did the dishes we ran out to the house. They did fix the corner on the den and removed the niche they started on the fireplace. Nice. I did an inventory of windows but of course we need to wait until the windows are in before we can measure and start buying drapes.

It was in the 70's here today and will be that warm tomorrow but then the cold will move in. Boo! I am getting my new tires on Thursday. Hopefully they will be better on snow and ice than the ones I have on my car right now.

Well, take care!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy hump day!

Went to the gym last night. The scale was kind to me and gave me another 1/2 lb off, even after that weekend in Pittsburgh. I'll be in Chicago Thurs-Sun this week though, so I am not going to hope for good results next week. After that though, I'm staying home for a couple of weeks (I think!) so I'll get more workouts in.

I need to find some sort of snacky stuff to keep around the house. Low cal (100ish) and easy. Last night I had an apricot/almond mini bar while I was doing homework, but I'd already had one at work today, so I wasn't too excited about it. The only thing that kept me from making another 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich was that the frying pan was dirty from the last one and I was too lazy to clean it!

My dining room chairs came yesterday and I'm really happy with them! The quality isn't fantastic, but they look great. I knew what I was getting into (they are from Z Gallerie) and all in all they are quite pretty.

So... and this is where you all become the voice of reason... I am thinking of buying... a... PORCHE!!! My original plan was to just replace my Lexus SUV with a new model (mine is a 2004 with 67K miles on it), but then I started looking at the Cayenes, and all the sudden I wandered over to the 911 and Caymen page... and... WHAM!!! :love: The practical thing to do if I go the Porche route (although who uses "practical" and "porche" in the same sentence?!) would be to get the Cayene, but now I'm thinking maybe get a 911 or Caymen and keep my SUV for winter. Any thoughts here? And what do you think of the looks of the Caymen vs. 911? I think I like the Caymen better because it's "swoopier," but I wonder if I would regret not getting a 911. (Yes, I admit I am occassionally a staus wh0re!)

ETA: Marcy, my reply to you got cut off in my original post so I'm trying again. It is an accellerated term, only 8 weeks. The advantage to that is I can fit in twice as many classes at the same time (two fall terms, two spring, etc.), but we go to class from 5:30-10 and it makes for a VERY long day. And yes, we really do stay until 10 most nights... Ack! I'm glad your insurance covered at least a portion of the roof repair BTW. That can be an expensive proposition.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-don't ever ask me to be the voice of reason! Life is short...you have to get the fun things while you can enjoy them. I say that, but practicality always wins out. One day I'm going to shock everyone and go do something totally out of character. I considered the Cayene when I bought my new SUV last year, and I bought an Acura MDX Advance because I did a whole bunch of research and it was a really great value for all the goodies I got. See? Ms. Practical here. I have to have an SUV be ause of my arthritis and back problems (hiney high -slide in, slide out) There you go. That's why you get something fun while you can! I have always liked the 911. My dentist drove one for years and I loved it. He sold it recently and bought an Aston Martin. DROOL! Get one of those. :) Is that you in the hair cut picture, or a picture of your haircut? If that's you, gosh you look familiar!

Marcy-I went a few years for an estimate on braces for my bottom teeth. It took so long for me to work up the courage to have my wisdom teeth pulled (at age 38) that my bottom teeth got crowded. I have a hard time even flossing. My cost was $3500 for 6 brackets on my bottom teeth for 9-12 months. I ended up not doing it not because of the cost, but because my dentist told me the tightness should let up after my wisdom teeth were gone. Guess what? Still super tight after 6 years, and I should have taken care of it then. Grr me. I can't wait for you to start buying things for your house. I get to live vicariously through you!

We're staying in a beautiful beach house in the Outer Banks. I want this house. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking I really don't want to go home and back to work. This beach living is pretty sweet. I stay up late reading, sleep late, eat at tasty restaurants every night, and I have my wonderful hubby and sweet pooch Lily Pie with me. We don't plan our day until after lunch (which is about the time I get up), so we're not getting much done. Yesterday and today we did some sight seeing and shopping. We have been taking Lily on long walks in the evening, so hopefully that is offsetting my big dinners and the extra adult beverages I must have to wash down my big dinners. I so don't want to go home. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, yay for the scale gods to give you a lower number. Congratulations. All the long days are burning those pounds away. Woo hoo!!! Accelerated classes are great but they sure take a lot of time. I was usually anxious to get home myself when I was teaching classes at night so we went home 20 to 30 minutes early. Some of my favorite low calorie snacks are dry roasted almonds, 100 calorie snack bags, the small bags of microwave popcorn, raw veggies, baked lays and dry cereal. I am glad you like your new dining room chairs. We are going to try and pick 2 dining room chairs up soon because right now we have 4 and once we move we have room for 6. I want to get them while the store still has them. I vote the 911 Porsche. Do you watch Top Gear? One of the guys on there loves the 911.

Deegee, your vacation sounds divine. Trust me, i know exactly what you mean about how nice being at the beach is and how you won’t want to go home. I am still having beach, ocean, California withdrawals and I’ve been home for several weeks now. Is it warm there or chilly? Marty’s braces will be a little over $5000. His insurance will pay about 20% of it. Since he goes out and meets new clients on his job he feels he would like to have his teeth straightened. That is too bad that your bottom teeth didn’t spread out a little after having your wisdom teeth pulled. I still have my wisdom teeth. I know Marty hates to spend that kind of money right now but I told him if I could go back and somehow fix my teeth problems I would do it in a heartbeat. My bite is so messed up now and I am not sure what caused what. After this recent problem I am really concerned I have more teeth that need pulled or need a root canal. One of the lady’s from work today told me she had the wrong tooth worked on for a root canal. They did it again for free but wow would I be mad.

I only was at work a few hours today. I had another one of my management classes to attend at the local community college. The guy wanted to cover 2 booklets today so he just zipped through everything. He didn’t even give us breaks. I snuck out a few times. We all went down to the cafeteria at lunch time. I was nervous about running in to the dean that fired me from there a few years ago but I didn’t see a soul I knew. I located the elevator on the way back since my knees didn’t want to climb a huge staircase and a few people followed me. I took them on the long route back to the training classes but that was the way I knew how to get there and we got in a nice long walk that way. I told them I worked there for 20 years so I could find the place but it would take me awhile. I was usually over in the science building. I actually drove around when I left and went by the science building. I think it was good for me to do that; I hadn’t been by that building since I cleaned out my cupboard.

We went to supper with the in-laws tonight. Then the 4 of us went to the golf course club and had a drink. Just as we were getting ready to leave some of our friends came in to the joined us and we stayed till about 9. Marty enjoys seeing people from his old job since he stays home now.

Our roof got done today. It looks really nice. That we know of the only other thing we need to pay for on this place is to replace the bedroom carpets after we move out.

Well, I best get to bed. We are expecting a hard freeze here tonight. Boo. I get my Michelins tomorrow. I hope they are better on snow and ice than the tires I have on my car now.

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I’ve never been to the Outer Banks, but I hear it’s beautiful. Enjoy it! Yes, that is my haircut. Here is another photo from a couple of years ago, looking a little worse for wear at the top of Camelback. My face is actually thinner now (and also thinner than in the photo on the short hair thread), and it looks better. I am SERIOUSLY leaning toward a 911. I’m going to test drive those and the Caymans this weekend, and then… !!!

Marcy, my new dining room chairs came on Tuesday (I can’t remember if I said that in this thread already or not. Seniltiy at 42 is a terrible thing… !), but I am really happy with them. As for dental work—I’ve had my share too. As much as I hate to say it, it’s better for Marty to just bite the bullet and get it done. (Actually, Marty shouldn’t go biting any bullets, because that could result in even more dental work!) I think nuts are a good snack, but I LOVE them. Sooooo I tend to eat more than just one pack. Maybe I would be better now becuase I'm getting pretty good at control, but that would be a challange. Maybe I should just bring a few into the house and see what happens.

Had a good workout yesterday, and was granted another ½ lb off on the scale. Maybe the scale is rigged… ! Didn’t even have my wine when I got home because I needed a clear head for the homework I had to do. Almost done with this term—that’s what I keep telling myself! Headed to Chicago tonight and then Lake Geneva for the weekend (stopping at the Porsche dealer along the way, of course! )

camelback.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-the beach house beside ours has a Cayman parked in the driveway. I was trying to be all casual about checking it out while Lily was doing her doggy business in our front yard, and the owners caught me. It sounded pretty awesome when the guy started it up. I hadn't seen one in person before. It was a hot little car! Your haircut it really cute, and it suits you. You remind me so much of somebody but I can't place it. The annual conference I go to was in Lake Geneva last year, but I ended up being stuck on a crappy project and couldn't get away to go. Bummer. I'm jealous of your weigh ins! Are you sending those pounds you're shedding my way or something? WW online is sooo in my immediate future.

Marcy-it was supposed to be cool here this week, so I packed jeans and sweatshirts. The temps have been in the mid to high 80's. Holy cow! I brought one pair of shorts. I sprayed my super white legs with sun block while I was standing up, and then got sunburn where I sat down and my shorts pulled up. I cannot even imagine having a root canal on the wrong tooth. Good grief. I have a friend at work who was in San Francisco a week before you were. I haven't had a chance to see many of her pictures (she's the one who had encephalitis), but you guys have an almost identical picture crossing the Golden Gate Bridge! It is going to be really hard to leave here and go back to work next week. We're already talking about planning a trip back in April.

We went to the Cape Hatteras lighthouse today. We had just bought our tickets to climb (257 ) and were walking to the lighthouse when I pulled a typical Dee move and stepped off the sidewalk a bit, twisted my foot, fell, and ripped the knee out of my jeans. Argh! I climbed it anyway and checked my knees when I got back down. One had a big gash, bruise and knot, and the other has a good sized bruise and lump on the inside. I'm a little worried about it because the pain is on the outside of my knee and not the inside where the lump and bruise are. I guess I twisted it. My knees are the only body parts I have that don't usually hurt. I hope this isn't the beginning of problems! We also took the ferry to Ocracoke Island where we watched a beautiful sunset and ate a tasty dinner. Tomorrow is our last full day here. Wah! Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend!

Dee Jay, great picture of you (I looked at the other one too since you ladies mentioned it.). You look great in short hair. The only other pictures I can remember seeing are the one’s of you when you went to visit Rod and your hair was long then. I hope you had a fun time this weekend and maybe even decided on what car to buy. Congratulations to the scale going down and being in more control now. Both are a major accomplishment. :appl: LOL to biting bullets causing more dental work. I have decided to really watch crunchy food. I don’t want to break what remaining teeth I have. I am glad you like yours chairs. I bet you are glad this term is almost over.

Deegee, rats that you didn’t pack many warm weather clothes but it sure sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I hope you guys got home safely. I know what you mean about how hard it is going back to work after a wonderful vacation. That is amazing your friend took about the same photo as mine crossing the Golden Gate bridge. Yesterday I made 5 collage photos from our trip and of course that was the first photo on one of them. The lighthouse sounds very cool but OUCH to falling and hurting your knee. I hope it is better by now. I almost fell last night by stepping off a porch that was steeper than expected; I caught myself but kind of jarred my back. I will have to watch that at my friend’s house.

Friday night was poker night - for Marty. I stayed home and worked on assorted things (check writing, bookkeeping for our club, catching up on the DVR) and didn’t get to my laundry as planned but I did pick up some groceries that night so at least I got that evil chore finished early this weekend.

Saturday I made breakfast then worked on laundry. We were invited to a friend’s house for supper then cards and my “death” cookies were requested for dessert so I made them about 3 pm. I ate cookie dough and a few hot cookies so my appetite and diet was certainly shot for the day. About 4 pm I get a text from my friend informing us we should go to her boyfriend’s house instead of hers and she gives me the address. I google it and see it’s in the division where we are moving. He lives downtown so I asked her about it and come to find out they bought a house out there about 2 weeks ago. They were keeping it a secret from everyone. Their house is less than a miles from where ours will be. We were actually looking at a house about 1/4 of a block away from the place they bought but it was already under contract.

Today is Marty’s birthday so I made him his requested breakfast of fried potatoes, bacon, eggs and toast. About 1 pm we headed to Colorado to do some something and meet my sister and brother in law for supper. We ordered 2 more chairs for our dining table, tested mattresses, wandered around Best Buy and Hallmark then had supper. I ordered veal parmesan and sent most of it home with my sister for her son's lunch. They live about 25 minutes from the restaurant so I knew it’d make it home without getting spoiled.

We had about 4” of snow Friday night in to Saturday but the ground is pretty warm so it all melted except for on the grass. I didn’t find any ice or snow on the road to test my new tires but Marty sure pushed them on our trip today. Oooh there is a surprise! :bigsmile:

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Had a great weekend in Lake Geneva! Ate a lot, drank a little, and test drove some 911s along the way!

I don't know what will happen with working out this week because I have a take-home final due Thursday. The professor has already sent out both parts, and I have a little homework that's also still due for the class (but hopefully I can get that out of the way tonight after my final in the other class). If that all works out maybe I can go to the gym tomorrow at least, but Wednesday will still be up in the air. This is the first weekend since I moved at the end of August and I will be in town. My big plans include returning a bunch of stuff at Bed, Bath and Beyond, putting the office in order (boxes and boxes and boxes of books...), and dealing with a bunch of miscellaneous other house details so i can finally feel like I LIVE there. Oh, and I have an appointment at the Porsche dealer on Saturday morning. :bigsmile: Now that I know pretty much exactly what I want I am ready to move ahead. Of course the 4 month wait doesn't make me happy, but if that's how long it takes to make what I want, well, it is what it is becuase I'm not going to settle for *almost* what I want at this dollar level. And really, I'm not going to drive it in the winter anyway, so it might as well come in the spring.

Deegee, I absolutely forbid you to join the ranks of the bad kneed!!! It's miserable and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, so I hope a little advil and a nice glass (or three!) of red made you as good as new. And LOL about checking out the Cayman!

Marcy, did you say 4" of snow? :-o Happy birthday to Marty! You should should go nail a big red bow to the house and drive him over there! What a funny coincidence about the guy buying a house right by yours.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, so you are going to order a 911? :appl: What color? How fun! I am glad to hear your weekend was fun. Yes, we had 4" of snow. It is all melted already. I like the idea of putting a big red bow on the house for Marty's birthday. Good luck getting all of your boxes unpacked. I need to start packing boxes. Good luck with all your homework and finals this week.

Work was painfully slow today. I had to go to a meeting at 2 which had nothing to do with my department but it gave me a chance to wander the halls for awhile. The dentist called me with an opening for my teeth cleaning so I ran out and did that. They didn't find anything else wrong with my teeth so I was pleased to hear that. I drove by our house on the way to the dentist and on the way back from the dentist. No one was there either time. Tonight we went out to figure out where to put steps off the deck and found some more of the plumbing done and the front door at least in the garage. They have some of our siding setting there too. We have our electrical walkthrough next week.

I think I am catching a cold. Boo.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to report on yesterday except my extreme badness! I had pizza, not ONCE, but TWICE! We had it brought in for lunch at work and then I had another couple of pieces for dinner before I went to take my final. Bad--but delicious! :lickout:

Tonight I'll work out and then work on my take home final for my Thursday night class. Speaking of tests, I labored over the midterm in my Monday night class for two and a half hours a few weeks ago, but I was done with the final in about 45 minutes. I'm a little concerned, because I certainly haven't gotten any smarter in those few weeks... !

Marcy, I'm glad there was nothing else wrong with your teeth, and I hope your cold never comes to fruition. And yes, I am planning on ordering a new 911!!!!! Completely fiscally irresponsible, but hey, we can't all drive Kias!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Off to yoga shortly--am planning on a more strenuous class--have not done that since having shingles in JUne....the inversions hurt my head....anyway I am willing to try again. Double dose the Advil!

Cool temps, maybe snow this week also. It is what it is.

Hoep you get a cool ride DeeJay--or at least a cool car. The get the temps will change regardless :tongue: . My BIL, who raced in his youth, is a Porsche lover. Oh the cars he's had.......

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-You're ordering a new 911? Awesome!! What color? One day this Dee will do something crazy like that. Life is short and it's only money, right? I'm pretty ticked at myself for falling at the lighthouse. My back is so screwed up that a fall on my rear will make my back swell more and set me back a few days, but no huge deal. My rump is padded. The fall on my knees hurt! My left leg has 2 kneecaps, and the 2nd one is blue and cut. My right leg has a growing bruise and still hurts on the opposite side of the bruise. Noooooo!!! Good luck on your finals! Do you have to wait long for results?

Sharon-I've heard having shingles is torturous. I hope you're recovered!

Marcy-glad you didn't have any new teeth problems this time. I need to make an appointment to have the tooth I broke fixed, but I just can't find time. It actually hurt some today, so I'd better get in there or it will be another root canal. I cannot believe you have 4 inches of snow. And here I was whining about 40 degree temps. It was a shock to my system to go from 85-90 last week to 40 here. My achy joints! I'm thinking of committing a major sin...I may get a Samsung Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2. I don't love iTunes, and the recent update killed my phone. The AT&T guy handed it back and said he couldn't help me. After fooling with it for 2 straight evenings and completely erasing it 4 times, I was able to restore it and back it up from the cloud. We discovered you can't get to your cloud storage without wiping the phone. I dunno though. I've had an iPhone for years!

I was off yesterday celebrating Columbus Day (hee-hee), and had a crappy day today. I got pounced on as soon as I got there so I didn't get much time to play catch up. I forgot my laptop cord at home, and apparently there are no spare laptops like mine in the whole office-which I have difficulty believing-so my laptop died at around 2. I took a late lunch, but still had to find non-computer related work for an hour and a half. A bunch of us at work joined WW online yesterday, so we have decided to meet during break or lunch at least once a week for a little group support. My clothes still wearable, but WOW they're tight. I REFUSE to buy a bigger size. I worked too hard to lose weight just to go back up. Grrr me! Have a great day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday. Work seemed to last forever today. We are slow for a week or two. I had soup and a few cheez it for lunch then got hungry by 4. We were meeting my parents for supper at a new local restaurant so I was at least hungry by the time we got seated. They have a new steakhouse / smokehouse in town that is crazy busy. I had salad, sirloin and baked potato. My mom ate 1/2 of my salad and I brought home 1/2 of my steak and sirloin for lunch.

We didn’t get to the house today but my parents drove by and said they are putting windows in. Sweet. We sure want it to get water tight ASAP with snow already falling here.

Dee Jay, of course you’ve got smarter in the last eight weeks. I can tell. :bigsmile: Of course we can’t all drive Kias so naturally you need to up the 911 population in your town. What color are you ordering? My cold is trying to push it up a notch; I had a coughing attack a little while ago. I should have had wine instead of water with supper.

Sharon, I hear shingles are miserable. I hope you are completely recovered by now. How did yoga go for you? We have highs in the 50’s (F) now so it’s not too bad until the sun goes down.

Deegee, sorry that your knees are bruised and sore. Sorry to hear about your iPhone problems. Is yours a 4 or 4s? My 4 had a few issues after I upgraded to the new OS but not too bad. I had to completely shut it off a few times. Marty has a 4s and I don’t think he is having problems. I know a lot of people that don’t like iTunes. I don’t listen to or buy a lot of music so I don’t care either way. A friend got one of the Galaxy and likes it. Is there an Apple dealer near you? They would probably know more than the guy at Verizon. I back up my stuff to my computer so I don’t have much in the Cloud. I hope you get your tooth fixed soon. I know you wouldn’t want another root canal. Good idea to have group meetings at work for ww. :appl:

Well, take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I don’t think I knew that you had shingles (or if I did, I forgot it…). You poor thing!!! Snow for you too? ACK! It’s in the 60s here still during the day, but it was 39 this morning for my drive in, so I don’t know how long this will last.

Deegee, LOL on doing something crazy! I tend to be a pretty practical person 99.9% of the time. But that other .1% -- WATCH OUT! If I were being REALLY crazy I would just get that Maserati that I’m drooling over right now, but (some modicum) of common sense will likely win out and I’ll stick with the 911.

Marcy, I want meteor gray metallic with platinum leather interior. That’s the problem—the meteor gray is not a standard color so it has to be made. Do I every do ANYTHING easy?!?

Anyway, went to the gym last night. Scale said I was up a pound. I wasn’t surprised, but I was (irrationally) disappointed… ha! My plan is to be very good for the next several days. But you know what they say about best laid plans!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy, Deegee and DeeJay:

You are very kind to inquire after my health--I did not share I had shingles in my face in June (spared my eye THANK GOD or blindness may have resulted). Unfortunately the neuraligia persists but I refuse to take meds except OTC stuff because it doesn't help. Anway, it will get better and has, but exercise does exacerbate the pain. Yet I refuse to stop or give in.

DeeJay, you choice of car sounds wonderful. I love Maserti's and Aston M's as well, but you cannot got wrong with a Porsche. We love our German cars. Good luck on your exams.

Marcy--we live in the snow zones--mountain folks! Had bit of snow today today--with rain. WOTever--still too early for me. Your house is going gangbusters? What color is your kitchen? Our reno's start on the 22nd.

Deegee--your tumble sounded frightening, hope you are recovered from it. Altho your holiday sounded awesome!

Worked it hard in the pool but not so long on the treadmill. Had a ncie chat today with the gal who was running around in the water with me--she lost 20 pounds and looks great--I remember her from a year ago. She wants to loose 20 more--she has changed her eating habits hse told me. Good for her!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Yay for over the hump day.

Dee Jay, now all I can hear in my head is “my Maserati does 185 . . . “. Toys are so fun! I like the name of the color you want to order - meteor. It makes it even sound fast. Not that I am encouraging you to drive fast or anything. Good luck with your plans for the week.

Sharon, sounds like the shingles have been miserable with a long recovery. What a relief it didn’t get in your eye. I agree - German cars are great. Our kitchen walls will be a light gold / yellow with white trim, the cupboards will have a darker stain called cinnamon, we are getting stainless appliances, beige / gold / brown granite countertop with those same colors in a tile backsplash. The floor is oak hardwood. It looks like I can attach a PDF, I will try that to show you some samples of them. What are you doing with your renovation? What colors are you using? That is wonderful about the lady at the pool losing 20 pounds.

The have some of the windows “setting” in place at our house. Marty said they put them in on the inside with one nail - we think it might be to help keep wind out. The sliding doors are in and they are working on the roof. Progress.

So if my PDF works these are samples of what we picked for the house.

R1 is the wood floor then the carpet. The carpet doesn’t look like this at all but I couldn’t get the color right. We’ll have the wooden floor in the hallway from the front door, living room, dining room and kitchen. The den, bedrooms, steps and basement will have the carpet.

R2 is the tile we’ll put in the foyer by the wood floor

R3 is the tile on the bathroom floors. Those same tiles will also be in the shower and around with tub with the little decorative tiles added. This also shows the corian countertop for the master bath.

R4 is the tiles for the backsplash, the granite countertop and the faucet we picked for the kitchen.

R5 is the laminate countertop we are putting in the other bathrooms then shows a sample of the color of the cupboards in the kitchen

Well, I must get to bed. :snore:

Take care!
Marcy

Attachments

• selections.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, yes THANK GOD you didn't have any vision impact! I didn't even think of that until you mentioned it. My great grandmother had shingles when I was a little girl and I remember her being VERY VERY miserable...

Marcy, your kitchen choices sound great! I can't see the PDF, but I've built a vision in my mind and it's spectacular! :cheeky:

I totally forgot we were having a taco bar at lunch yesterday. Aside from that I was pretty good, and I would have had to eat *something* for lunch anyway, so maybe those two tacos weren't too bad. I also avoided the huge hunks of cheese cake everyone was chowing down. Tacos then cheese cake at noon--I would have been in food coma asleep under my desk by 2:00!

So... there MAY be a 911 that I can pick up this weekend. Still trying to work a deal on the price and getting it to where I can retrieve it (it's out of state), so we'll see... And there is a SNAFU with the meteor color. I won't bore you with the details, but chances are I'm going to end up with agate gray. If that's the worst thing that ever happens to me I'm doing OK!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, how cool you might get a 911 this weekend. You will be out test driving a lot. A taco bar sounds good. I am really hungry for pizza. You'll have to post a picture if you get your car this weekend.

Work was slow again. I had healthy choice cup of soup with some goldfish crackers and 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich.

After work we ate supper, ran out to our house and stopped by my friend's house to pick up moving boxes then came back and watched TV.

Our house has some siding on it and some windows installed. The front door is in nd more was done on the roof. I found out today my niece's in-laws are having a house built near us. Small world.

Well, take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids! :appl:

Marcy, it sounds like everyone you know will be in your subdivision! I'm envisioning lots of progressive parties!

I was REALLY good with the food yesterday, totally by accident. I felt like I at all the normal stuff, but I think I came in under 1,100 cals for the day (I try to be 1200ish when I'm working at being good). I don't know how that happened, unless I am forgetting to count something...? I didn't even have any wine last night when I got home because I was so tired after my last class I just ate a grilled cheese sandwich and fell into bed. Slept for 10 hours! (Well, except for that time between 3:00 and 4:00 when I was staring at the ceiling... !)

BTW, I've had to change my gum from Dentine Ice to Eclipse because the Dentine has 10 cals/piece and the Eclipse is only 2.5. (Actually this was a total coincidence, but when I realized it I was like, HEY! I'll save 7.5 cals where ever I can! :cheeky: )

My guy is still working on getting the other dealer to trade the 911 I want with him (apparently these trades can get pretty political and complex between out-of-region dealerships... who knew?!?). At this point I'm likely looking at the weekend of the 27th. Boo.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend!

Dee Jay, progressive parties would be fun! Good idea. I checked out a metallic platinum version of your 911 today. Very sharp looking! I know all about the ugly behind the scenes car dealers play. It's not pretty. When we bought our 2010 Audi the dealers our dealer "swaps" cars with were out of the car we wanted. There was one a truck to Salt Lake City and didn't have a buyer yet that dealer would only consider letting us have it if he hadn't sold it in a month. Our dealer then says he can't find one of the model we want. I find a dealer in Albuquerque with 2 of them so I email them to get the specs (poor guy still sends me emails) and pick the car I want. I call my dealer and tell him what I found and that I want it. First the Albuquerque dealer won't let him have it because he may have a buyer (probably me) so about an entire week later they relent and say they will swap with my dealer however they want a Q5 in return. Our dealer didn't have a Q5 in stock and on and on it went. A customer should not have to know that crap goes on. Anyway - I hope they get your car to you very soon. It certainly looks like it will go fast.

We had lots of rain last night and this morning and it's windy. They have the tar on our roof but no shingles. We drove by and lots of the strips are flapping in the breeze. ;(

We had a car appointment in Ft. Collins so headed down there and sat around the dealer for a few hours. We went to Kohls and picked up drapes and rods for our house since they were on sale and i had an additional 20% off. Not a bad deal for our drapes. We still want to order wooden shutters for the den and other front bedroom but we should have the rest of our windows covered (except for a big on in the bathroom).

We also wandered around a furniture store then went to our favorite steak place and had steaks, french fries and split peanut butter pie for lunch. I am probably not eating again today but it was great.

Well, take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I do not think I've seen SO many Porsche's in one day as we did yesterday....what car was NOT a Prosche! Holy moly. For some reason they were on my radar.... ;))

Off to restorative yoga soon. Pretty low key in these parts...

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, it is funny how we notice things once it comes up in conversations (or a PS thread). It must mean Dee Jay should buy a 911. :naughty:

I was lazy, lazy, lazy today. I slept in until about 7:30. Marty took a shower about then and left for golf. I was just reading news on my iPad and ending up watching a Discovery program online about the plane crash in the Andes 40 years ago where 16 people survived. Quite a tragic story but how wonderful 16 people went home. They are all still alive too.

Marty got done with golf in less than 4 hours so I met him for a sandwich and a glass of wine for lunch. We then stopped by our house and figured out how we will layout the rooms so we know where to ask them to put the electrical plugs. We have a walkthrough on Thursday this week. Then we stopped by to look at my niece's in-laws house. They are about 3 weeks behind us. I stopped by the division's model home office to pick up a pumpkin but only about 5 were left and none of them looked very nice. They emailed everyone on Friday saying they picked up pumpkins for everyone and to stop by and get one. The guy that was leaving when I got there had three pumpkins he was sticking in the trunk, nice huh?

I have my last batch of clothes in the dryer. I made leftovers for supper. Rats that the weekend is almost over.

Well, take care. I hope you all had a great weekend.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Sharon in seeing all those Porsches! One day soon I hope you see ME zipping by in my 911 (if the dealers would somehow manage to make a trade, that would be possible... ).

Marcy, if sleeping until 7:30 is lazy then I don't ever want you to know what time I've been known to lounge in bed until! And wow, what a PITA about the dealers trading so you could get your car. I had NO IDEA how political this whole trading thing was. Seriously people--just get me a damn car!!!

Anyway, I worked out on Friday night and Sunday but skipped Saturday. All the walking around I did on Saturday should count for something though; I think I shopped for 8 straight hours! The scale said I was up 1/2 a pound yesterday... probably attributed to the ice cream and pizza I had on Saturday... :cheeky: I was really good yesterday though, with coffe and a power crunch bar after my workout, and then I met some people to watch football around noon. I had two beers, about 3/4 of a bacon cheeseburger (no bun) and half my fries, and that was it for the day. I just wasn't hungry after that and by the time I realized I hadn't eaten again I was already in bed.

Alright... off to do something productive...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Worked out in the pool and was hypoglycemic....of course I knew I shouldn't eat Captain Crunch before a workout :rolleyes: ....but we loves its sooo much. Anyway, did not do the treadmill since that would have meant a ride in the blingy truck......

That hasn't happened in a long time--glad it does not.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Dee Jay, I so agree the political side behind the scene of car dealers should not be our problems. I want to buy a car from you - now just get it done and I don’t care what you have to do to get it! I was lazy because I didn’t do much not because I slept in. That is a rare treat for me because once I wake up, I can’t go back to sleep. It sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Sharon, i am glad you didn’t have to take a ride in the blingy truck. Darn that yummy Captain Crunch!

I had cheerios for breakfast. Those are certainly my favorite cereal these days. I met a friend for lunch. We had salad and split a lasagna roll. For supper Marty made us tacos. We made it to the house at dusk but was able to look around. They have shingles on the roof (setting there not installed). They finished the siding on the back of the house. They are working on the vents both in the ceiling and the ducting for furnace vents.

Tomorrow my mom is having is knee surgery. Wish her luck and send her mega PS dust.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! I'm sitting at the salon, immobilized due to a headful of hair dye. My haircut lady mixed a new color up for me. I'll report on the results of that tomorrow. I've been doing really well with eats. I'm tracking everything and haven't alone over my point allowance at all. I even measured my bedtime glass of wine on the food scale. How's that for dedication? I have also been walking 2 miles in the evening. Not back up to 4 yet, but I'll get there. My knee starts acting up after 2, so I don't want to push it.

Dee*Jay-I bet I can beat your sleeping in time! Marcy always makes me feel so guilty because her sleeping in time is only an hour later than my work getting up time. Out of not wanting everyone to think I'm a complete slacker, I'll refrain from telling what time I got up on Saturday. When I bought my car, I really wanted a different color. The guy was talking "blah, blah, blah" about having to do a dealer trade and I knew I wouldn't get it at the price I wanted to pay. I made an offer on the one sitting on the showroom floor (in front of the Christmas tree, no less) and he took it. I think it being December 30 at closing helped me out a bunch.

Sharon-no! Don't take a ride in the blingy truck. I'm sure your pool workout was plenty.

Marcy-good luck to your mom. Dad still doesn't have his surgery scheduled, but went this week for MRIs on both knees to take measurements. I love the colors you have picked for the interior of your house. The wood looks like what I have throughout my downstairs. We're planning to finish the stairs, hallway, and our bedroom with the same wood. We'd do the whole house (carpet is bad for Matt's allergies) but we still can't decide whether or not we want to move. The upstairs carpet has to be replaced with something regardless. As usual, we're dragging our feet. I bet it's fun shopping for furniture for a brand new house!

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Hi Deegee, I hope you like your hair color tomorrow. I need a hair cut and hopefully some of my frizzy curly perm will be gone. That is great you are back up to 2 miles for your walk. I hope they schedule your dad's surgery soon so he can get it over with and on the mend. I was thinking of doing our entire upstairs in wood floor because of my allergies but ouch did they want money to do that upgrade. I guess we'll end up with maybe 40% of the main floor with wood floor and maybe another 10 - 15% with tile. I know you can sure keep things cleaner without carpet.

So I want you all to know I don't think anyone is a slacker because they sleep in or nap. I am very abnormal in my sleeping habits. As even a baby I would not take naps. If I did I was wide awake all night. My parents and siblings love naps, they had to take turns watching me while someone took a nap. Once i was old enough to at least entertain myself I would have to lay down and read while everyone took a nap. I honestly have never required a great deal of sleep. My sisters are quite a bit older than me and they had bedtimes but I could go to bed when I want felt like it. If I sleep more than 7 hours I am useless and tired all day. In the last 10 years I might have taken 2 naps and both times I was sick. I usually get to bed about 11:30 and wake up before 6. I don't fall asleep right away and wake up a lot. So to me sleeping in until 7:30 is amazing. It's like winning the sleep lottery to me. So sleep away, enjoy your naps and definitely treasure those days you sleep in late. I actually wish that would work for me. :snore:

I got to the hospital about 9 am and sat with my parents in pre op. My mom's surgery went well. They found a cyst in her knee so that took longer to remove Her knee was go degenerated there wasn't much bone left and they had to trim away more bone than expected to get her implant put in. Poor thing was really zonked from the general anesthesia. She was in recovery over 2 hours and then was sleeping most of the afternoon once they got her to her room. She had some ice chips now and then but mostly slept. I left about 4 so will run back down tomorrow.

My day at the hospital was good for walking a lot but bad for food. My dad bought us cheeseburgers in the dining room for lunch then the hospital kept handing out warm chocolate chip cookies. I had 2 of them. My dad bought us some chocolate yogurt at least it was non-fat. Marty thought I was drunk when I got home I was so buzzed on sugar. :bigsmile: We went by the house then went out to eat supper. We stopped and picked up some soup for Marty. I told him tonight was his last supper since he gets braces tomorrow.

Well, take care. I am trying to go to bed early tonight. Maybe by 11. :naughty:

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results