shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle & Fitness for Preggos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!! This thread has been super slow...good thing, because that''s the only pace I can keep up with these days!
41.gif
DH is out of town and I have a busy week with Parent-Teacher conferences, a volleyball match and homecoming. I have also felt pretty crappy this week-my allergies are really bothering me and my asthma has flared up a bit so I''ve only worked out twice (played volleyball). Hope everyone else is doing great!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Burk, glad you are doing well!

I continue to slow down. I haven''t worked out since Sunday. I meant to yesterday, then tonight . . . tomorrow I have off from work for two appointments so I''ll see how I feel then. I''ve developed a hemorrhoid, I''ve been having light cramping (BH?), and while I feel pretty much ok getting through my day, I don''t have a lot of extra energy. I guess that figures for 36 weeks!

I think it may be time to really bring my workouts down to "old lady" intensity (if I ever find the energy again, that is).

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
pg you are 36 weeks and your body just wants you to slow down. it''s totally normal. heck, i''m almost 27 weeks and i can tell my body is telling me to slow down already. enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy and rest.

burk hope your week is going ok. have a great time at volleyball and homecoming!!

nothing much to report...didn''t work out yesterday cause it was a work out just trying to get out of bed. i was just tired and achy all over. but did get to the gym this morning, so i feel a little better. but i have been indulging in sweets way too much this week. had a few cream puffs, cakes, cupcakes, ice cream, but it sure was YUMMY going down. haha.

have a great weekend ladies!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got in an "old lady" workout earlier today. I made some weights lighter and used the lower step for everything; no more 14 step for me. I also stayed in the same place when they did traveling squats and sat down when they did the French press. I always thought the "third trimester" accomodations in my prenatal yoga video were ridiculous because it was basically just a lady siitting in a chair, leaning this way and that while the first and second trimester ladies did real yoga poses, but now I''m getting it.

I don''t know what it was--dehydration, not having worked out in 5 days, or being 36 weeks pregnant--but I was really struggling and had to pause the video several times to let my heart rate slow down.

I''d gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks at my visit today for a total of 41. I was just hoping not to have gained more than a pound a week since my last visit, so I was pleased. Looks like it will be about 45 pounds total now. I used to think that sounded horrendous, but now that I''ve gained most of it already, I''m like, ok, that''s not too bad. They tell women to gain 25-35, and I was really thin before, so 10 pounds beyond that doesn''t seem too bad. I might as well feel ok about it because there''s nothing to be done now!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello preggo workout friends!! I really have nothing to report since my asthma has been terrible I have barely been able to climb a set of stairs without losing my breath.
20.gif

I have my big u/s on Friday!! I was looking through my belly book from my pregnancy with T and I have actually gained less weight this pregnancy than my last....however, the clothes that fit at this juncture in my pregnancy then are not so comfortable now. So annoying. Time to go shopping I guess.
9.gif

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and hope everyone is doing well!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk good luck on the u/s, i can''t wait to hear what you are having!!
and same with me, i have gained less this time around than i did with B, but i just feel bigger. so strange. but i know that this time, it''s all in my belly. the thigh area for a lot of my pants feel loser and my arms feel normal as well. still in my low rise pre-preggo jeans at almost 28 weeks so i can''t complain too much.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~THanks! We''re excited for the u/s. I''ll try and pop in and fill everyone in some time Friday. It is so strange being preggo for the second time. I''m all belly, but I feel like I''m carrying differently already. I can wear all my pre-preggo low rise jeans fine standing up, but when I sit they bug my belly. Maybe the baby is just really low? I don''t know. Just weird. Good for you to still be wearing your pre-preggo jeans. I am all for as few maternity clothes as possible. I wear dress pants, skirts and dresses every day to work and only bought 2 pears of maternity dress pants my last pregnancy. I''m really hoping I can make it through this pregnancy without buying more. We shall see.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk it''s so strange how your body ''grows'' the second time around. i know i am carrying differently. i think that i am even bigger now than when i was with B, but i have gained a lot less. but i feel in the past 2 weeks, i have gained a ton. i refuse to get on the scale now unless i really have to. we''ll see in another 1.5 weeks at the doc''s.

oh good news...passed my glucose test!!! i was so happy about the news, i went out with B and got us some cream puffs...YUMMY!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Puffy~Yay for passing the glucose test! I don't weigh myself either. I feel bigger than I did with T in my belly-but that's really it. I guess that's the whole second pregnancy thing. As long as we bring healthy babies in to this world, I don't think it really matters, right?!?
2.gif
9.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say good luck to all the preggos on this thread! I think my working out days are over for the time being . . . with my menstrual-like cramps and growing belly, all I can do is the bare minimum at this point. At least my energy at work is good and my feet/fingers aren''t swelling. So I''m happy. Before I was worried that I would be upset when I had to stop working out, but at this point it''s not really concerning me. I think the fact that I worked out until 36 weeks is pretty good.

Best wishes, all!

37w, 2d
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a quick check in for the healthy preggos (of which i am really one anymore hahaa)... i am walking intermittently but should be doing more. it is crazy though, when i go walk a mile, my uterus feels like it changes, becomes harder and heavier. by the end i am fairly tired. definitely not the same as before, booo! but i will keep walking as much as possible...now that it is cooler as well we are hoping to get out more. the 95 degree days just did not make you motivated to do anything.

PG...you go girl, 36 weeks is amazing!! i will be lucky to still be mobile at that point.
Burk... i hear ya not wanting to have too many mat clothes going on... but at this point i am loving the comfort hehee.

i have gained about 16 lbs (17-19 if i ate a lot of salt the night before!)... so that is another reason i want to keep active... i don''t want to gain too much if its not necessary. and i have my good and bad eating days, the other day i had a three donut day (at work), drats! but they were so good...esp since for the first 14 weeks or so i didn''t want anything sweet but my sweet tooth has come back in spades. we are grilling at home for dinners and also i will start to make us more stuff for fall/winter. i tend to eat my most during the day and then at night have a lighter dinner or else i don''t feel well.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
phoenix good job!!! 36 weeks of working out. as long as you feel good, that''s all that matters.

mara you are tiny for someone who gained 16 lbs!! and i am so opposite of you, i tend to eat tons during the later afternoon and night but not too much else during the day. i like to go to bed with a full tummy, even though it doesn''t feel so good. haha. weird, i know.

burk yup, all that matters is that there are healthy babies. you are still pretty tiny. i am very jealous!!

still trying to work out, but it is getting super hard. i went to the gym this morning for 45 minutes and i felt pooped after. i was ready for a nap after i got home and took a shower. but of course B was ready to go to the park and play.

i''m wondering how much longer i''m going to be able to keep working out, like i am right now. i''ll be 28 weeks tomorrow. i''ll probably slow down to 5 days a week at the gym once i hit 32 weeks or so, and hopefully after that, i''ll still feel ok to work out.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
phoenix~You did great working out and listening to your body is def. best at this point!! Hope you are holding your little girl in your arms soon!

mara~Walking is good. If your body says "no" then no need to push it! I have my mat clothes from my first pregnancy but am so hoping to not have to buy much more. Comfort is key, though, and if I have to go shopping I will.
21.gif
My sweet tooth is back in full force as well! It is DH''s b-day today so I have indulged in more than one piece of cake!
11.gif

puffy~Thanks. I think I''ve really popped in the past week. I never got around to taking a belly pic, but I''ll take one Friday and you''ll see the belly in all its glory! You''ve been doing great making it to the gym. Listen to your body and 5 days a week is still fantastic!!

Not much new here on the workout front. Still relying on playing volleyball every day and chasing T around. I actually put my gym membership on hold because it was just silly to pay when I didn''t have the time/energy to make it to the gym after working and volleyball practice and since I am working out at practice it makes sense. We also have a treadmill at home so when it cools down to the point where I can''t walk outside I can walk at home and watch all my DVRed shows.
9.gif
Hope everyone is doing great!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk it''s amazing you are still playing vball every day!!! I stopped wanting to bounce around at around 16 weeks! you go girl.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi gang! I was hoping i could join you. I am just newly preggo with #2.
Great to have a healthy lifestyle thread to come to b/c i already sense i am going to need the extra motivation!
With my son, i did body Pump, Step & Combat classes nearly every day until around 38 weeks (and swam the last 4weeks b/c i was in *pain*!) I am really hoping i can keep to the same routine for #2, but i find that having a toddler to come home to after a day of work makes that difficult. I used to have a cat nap before heading to the gym, but now iam chasing the monkey around
3.gif

Puffy & Burk--I think i am going to show SO early too, but it gives me hope that both of you have said you gained less this time around even if you feel bigger
1.gif

Pheonix--best of luck in the coming weeks. All that working out will pay off come delivery time. It really, really does make a difference!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in & say hi
35.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Mara~Thanks....some days I don''t look so amazing playing!
16.gif

Jas12~Welcome aboard!!! I def. showed more quickly this time around. I think it''s just part of the deal....body remembers oh so well what it''s supposed to do.
16.gif
I def. haven''t worked out as religiously as I did when I was preggo with T, but I am guessing part of the reason I haven''t gained as much this time is because I have to chase T around all the time. As you know, that''s work!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
jas12 congrats again!! up until this week i was working out 6 days a week, and hopefully i''ll continue to work out 6 days a week as soon as i get over this sickness. then i''ll probably cut down to 5 days a week around 32-34 weeks. but yes, i showed so much earlier and totally feel bigger, but have gained SO much less. and you''re in great shape so you will definitely have nothing to worry about.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas welcome and congrats!

i am like the most unhealthy slug nowadays, it''s so sad. i used to work out 5 days a week and now i am like a couch potato. i just don''t have that same level of energy at all anymore. and i sleep at like 9pm every night!

i could always have a second wind ...hahaa. i guess. and my eating, yikes.

but glad everyone else is doing so good. i am MENTALLY inspired!
3.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mara--i think we should just get together and bake cupcakes
3.gif
2.gif

I *wanted* to go to bed at 8:30 last night. Somehow i manged to putter around the house till 10pm and then when Co started yelling "moooom" at 5:30 i was wishing i had given in to that early bed time.

I skipped my 6am step class this morning. Yep, i am off to a good start
5.gif

that means i have to go tonight
38.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I have to come clean to my preggo fitness friends....yesterday I didn''t play volleyball since we had a game and not practice but I actually convinced myself that climbing the 4 flights of stairs it takes to get to my classroom 3 separate times was a good enough workout!
40.gif

Jas12~Hope you made it to step class. I love step but the times at my gym are so terrible I am unable to fit it in during volleyball season!
7.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol jas at this point i just want to EAT cupcakes. i am on a roll with ice cream!

burk..you are so cute. if i told you ladies all the bad non fitnessy things i am doing lately...whew i''d be here for days. from the looks of you in the preggo thread, you are doing FINE!
2.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I managed a 30 min. walk yesterday with DH, my first real exercise in 13 days. Somebody shouted "Congratulations!" out their car window at us. Yesterday was a "good day" energy and achiness-wise. Today was another "lie on the couch all night" day.

My ab muscles have become more and more useless, so now I really can''t get up from a prostrate position (which is how I am a lot at home) without trying to roll myself like a barrel. Fun.

At least I am not swollen, and I don''t think I waddle. My wedding ring is still loose, but of course this is the ring that I couldn''t keep on my finger at all after I lost weight. But I use it to alert me to signs of swelling, and I can tell that my finger is just a little bigger because of the weight gain, not fluid retention. I can get my rings in my avatar on still, but they''re tight.

I''m up 44 pounds. I gained 2.5 pounds from 36 to 37 weeks (cheesecake and ice cream!), but I didn''t gain any between 37 and 38. Somehow realizing I''d gained 2.5 pounds in 6 days made me crave ice cream less.
20.gif
I did catch a surprised look in DH''s eyes, though, when I told him how much I weigh. I was saying how I was a gigantic blob or something, and he said no I wasn''t, and I said, "But I weigh in the 160s now!" You should have seen how his pupils opened in silent horror, which of course he denied. I know it''s just a number; I guess it just had a surprising sound to it since he weighs in the 170s.

My sister gained 40 pounds with this last baby and says she has already lost 20 of it (15 days in), but she''ll probably have the other 20 to lose on her own. I can''t tell if the thought of losing half of the weight instantly but still having 20-25 pounds to go on my own is reassuring or not.

Really, though, my biggest issue is that I am sleep deprived. Last weekend I napped both days (and I never nap) and slept 10 hours a night, and I got a nice night''s sleep Wednesday night. But the rest of the week has been 6-7 hours of restlessness, waking up constantly to pee, trying to roll the barrel to the edge of the bed so as not to disturb DH, getting charlie horses, etc. How am I supposed to have a baby when I am exhausted? I know there won''t be any relief after she''s born. I hope my body will kick in some miraculous hormone or something to save the day. Otherwise this whole thing where women in their 9th month can''t get a good night''s sleep seems to be the opposite of how evolution is supposed to work. What gives, natural selection?

On that note, I''m heading to bed . . .

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
phoenix i''m sorry you''re having trouble sleeping! hopefully, it''ll get better and you can get lots of rest before baby comes.

burk ummmm, 4 flights of stairs multiple times a day is a workout!!

jas12 did you make it to your step class?

still sick so no working out. hoping to get better real soon so i can see my little guy and maybe get in a walk or two.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi gang.
How''s everyone feeling?
I am waiting for some symptoms to kick in. It''s weird but i don''t feel pregnant at all. I did get moderate MS early on with Co, so maybe i''ll avoid it completely!
So it''s status quo for me. I made it to 6am pump this morn and did several classes over the canadian long weekend to burn off all the turkey i ate over thanksgiving
3.gif

Pheonix--i think 40ish lbs is a good healthy gain for someone who was small to begin with. I gained around the same amount and the first 12 lbs were almost instant b/c i had just gotten married and was thinner than usual. I think your body just knows what it needs and if you are active and eat *reasonably* well, there is little you can do about the rest
3.gif

(I am a bit heavier this time around so I am hoping that i don''t gain 12lbs right away again--but we shall see
5.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mara~Thank you!! We could really turn this thread around with the "true confessions" of the preggos I bet!
9.gif

phoenix~I gained about 45 with T. I think you''re doing great!

puffy~I''m not going to lie, those stairs make me winded when I''m preggo!! Hope you''re feeling well enough to head back to the gym soon!

Jas12~REALLY hope you''re able to escape ms this time!!! I was hoping that for myself too but it didn''t happen....right around 7 weeks it hit me and it hit hard.
7.gif
I love Thanksgiving! Good for you for making it to work out. I tend to get lazy and tired when I eat that much and then make excuses like "it''s a holiday."
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i do have something to report...i am going to walk the turkey trot this year on thanksgiving. we did it the last few years though i think we skipped last year due to just plain forgetfulness. i am going to walk it with my mom...and start TRAINING for it. training to walk a 3.5m. jeez in previous years i would just get up and walk it in 45 minutes AND prob go to the gym again later that day or something. by end of nov it will prob take me like 2 hours since i will be 7.5 months preggo!!! but i am jazzed because we can do 'training walks' together and it will get me more motivated to exercise if i have a scheduled walking partner. so yay for that.
3.gif

jas hope you get to skip MS as well. it was sooo not fun... all i could think of when i was sick for 5 weeks was 'only child only child'...hehe.

hope the other 'trying to be active preggos' are doing well!
9.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mara that''s great about the walk!! i know what you mean about it being "easier" with someone to do it with. some days when DH is free to go to the gym with us, it makes it so much easier for me to want to go.

jas12 hope the work outs are going well for you and hoping m/s stays away!!

burk hope you are doing well with volleyball and keeping up with T.

had my 29 week appt on monday and up a total of 12 bs...4 lbs again in 4 weeks. i know it''s not THAT bad, but it''s a bit of a blow i guess. WAY too many sweets last month too. and it didn''t help that while i was sick the weekend before, DH went out and got me 2 dozen macaroons that i devoured! started going to the gym again, but honestly, we''ll see how long this lasts. we''re off to disneyland next week then i have another doc appt. i can''t believe the time is flying by this quick, i go in every 2 weeks now.

have a great weekend ladies!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I spoke waaaaay too soon. As of early last week i started feeling so, so, sick.
14.gif

Much worse than with Co. Constant on and off nausea that sends me running to the washroom, but i''ve only actually been sick once. It is even waking me in the middle of the night, which is pretty sucky.
Surprisingly, excersise helps, but it''s wanting to go that is the problem. I''ve been carrying along with my normal routine, but man, i am not in the mood.....for anything.

Mara--that''s great that you have something to train for (Turkey trot just sounds really cute and fun too)! Sounds excellent. Have you started?

Puffy--as if you have only gained 12 lbs. hate you.
2.gif

Burk--7 weeks this week so i am getting MS right when you did too--oh gawd, the idea of weeks and weeks of this is scarying me
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no jas sorry to hear the MS has hit you. exercise helped me too but YEP...getting off the couch when feeling sick to force yourself to work out is not the fun part. i got MS right around 8.5 weeks and it lasted til about 14 weeks. was sooo not happy. and i didn't eat 'normally' meaning pretty much everything sounded fine to me again til almost 19 weeks. so between 14 and 19 i just had a weirdly picky palate.

my Mom and i were supposed to walk yesterday but we were running late getting to greg's concert so i just went for a short walk with portia later. We are going to schedule walks on Tues and once on the wkd and see if we can get me back up to 3 miles in a month. Considering my bladder is all over the place right now and it will prob only get worse, I am like...can I carry a baggie with me? hehee.

RANDOM but had to pop in to say that my scale said I *lost* 3 lbs this weekend. I know that can't be right BUT i was not eating as unhealthily as I was last week so MAYBE? Or maybe it was water weight and bloating? Because I am trying to be better to the bladder I am not drinking anything but water really so maybe somehow my system likes that better overall. Anyway. I was laughing because I was like THIS IS BROKEN. And it may still be.

and umm puffy, 12 lbs in 29 weeks are you serious??? girl...you've got to EAT MORE SWEETS...forget cutting back!
3.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mara--you probably did loose that weight! I went about 1.5 months in my 3rd tri where i lost a couple lbs instead of gained. My OB wasn''t worried b/c i had gained plenty up until that point, but it was kinda weird. The nurse told me it was uncommon and actually tried me on another scale too
37.gif
. So in my case the baby was still growing fine, but i must have been loosing from other area--which was okay by me...and would be okay by you to i am assuming
2.gif

oh and totally not related, but i love your dog''s name. I actually like it as a baby name too but DH doesn''t like the possibilty of the NN "porche" (and i agree) but i have always loved that name....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results