shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle & Fitness for Preggos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Just got back from hours at the pool. It was nice to get some activity in. I was going to go on a walk last night, but it started storming, so I sat on the couch at watched tv instead
3.gif
. Those couple of pounds were gone today....I think those frozen meals just have lots of sodium. I need to find something else to eat when nothing sounds appetizing. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So is it just me or when your body does things that seem odd do you gals get paranoid? Like yesterday I had all these lower pelvic area dull pains but I know that my uterus is stretching around this week again so that was not too concerning, just makes you go hmmm hope everything is ok. And then this morning I swear my stomach is SMALLER than it was yesterday. I was like did it shrink??? Or did I have more bloating that went away? So bizarre. Of course it makes me worry that something is wrong. But I just have to try not to assume the worst (no reason). My scale was down a lb again today.

I have also been EXTREMELY tired this week...much more than normal. So I was thinking growth spurt or something. This morning I felt better and I didn't need as much sleep last nite. So maybe it's ending. I really want to work out more but I am so lethargic sometimes!!

steph cupcakes sound good! I have to make some for a project tonite (fleur del sel) and then I have 2 orders for Sunday that I will start on Saturday night. I am not jazzed but I promised to do them...after that I am going to be like 'on hiatus for vacation and pregnancy!' hahaa. Good for you for swimming!! i should do more of that but I'd have to go to the gym with the pool and I am so lazy!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I get those pains too and freak out. Luckily I am feeling the little one here and there (just flutters) so I feel reassured. I saw in the other thread about the doppler thing and I have researched too. But I am just going to try to wait it out and hear it at the doctor's office instead. I might look for the one at Target for when we get a little further along. I feel the same way about cupcakes....I have a class to teach tomorrow, and then 2 baby shower orders back to back in Sept. I really am not thrilled to do them, but I feel bad saying no to close friends when they ask. Oh well, at least the samples are good!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!! We started back at school last Wednesday so I haven''t had any PS time.
7.gif

I played in volleyball league Thursday night and I almost passed out at the end of the third game.
20.gif
The gym doesn''t have air conditioning and it was high intensity (it''s a very competitive league). I was so embarrassed. I felt fine once I got some air and a gatorade. Other than playing Thursday, I walked yesterday but I haven''t had much energy for working out. I have been eating pretty well except tonight.
5.gif
It''s weird, but when I eat I can''t eat much because I get full fast....but then an hour later I''m starving again! What''s that all about? I''ve been eating mostly healthy stuff all day (a ton of fruits and veggies), but I''m hungry again and all the health food in the house isn''t appealing so DH is out to get me some cookies from McDonalds.
9.gif

Hope all is well with everyone else!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk I can''t eat as much as I used to either but I am hungry way more. I feel like I am always eating hahaha. The funniest thing is that food doesn''t even SEEM appealing. But I am not lacking for food. Haha.

Thanks for the info steph...we''ll have to see about the doppler!

No workout for me this wkd, I was too busy in the kitchen and with BBQ''s...! Tomorrow is the amnio so I don''t plan to work out this week at all unless I feel amazing on Wed and Thurs. But we''ll see. Nothing wrong with taking it easy. And in Spain we should be walking a lot so hopefully that will stave off the crazy churro and hot chocolate weight gain that is inevitable.

Hope other preggos are doing well!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been MIA since we went to the beach this weekend. It was nice to get away, but I forgot my workout video (I was secretly not so upset about that one). I walked on the beach every day, but the only day when I tried to go on an exercise walk, there was no breeze and I got overheated right away. I should probably start carrying my cell phone on walks now that it is so hot and I''m 30 weeks. Anyway, we got back this afternoon, I did a Firm video, and I feel much better!

Burk, if you don''t feel up to things, I wouldn''t force it. The energy definitely has a mind of its own and comes and goes as it pleases!

Mara, we''ll be thinking of you as you wait for your amnio results and have fun in Spain! So jealous!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha PG I hear you on not being sad you forgot your video. seriously since the preggo thing i am like a big slug. and i don''t care!

the amnio went pretty well, i posted in the preggo thread. it was a bit uncomfortable and mentally stressful (the needle is in there for about a minute, gosh it felt like forever), and i have some soreness and muscle aching around the entry point (they go through like 3 layers!) but other than that keeping fingers crossed all is ok. the ultrasound was so cool and we found out it''s a BOY! greg is beyond excited.

as for workouts i have been a big slug pretty much. i enjoyed not working out this wkd and just baked all wkd instead. it was so fun. and then on sunday we went for a walk. and now that i had the amnio i am supposed to take it easy which means no zumba tonite, boooo because it was my last class before we leave, but oh well. i am going to a friend''s pool instead to just hang out. and i hope i can walk on wed or thurs a bit...nothing crazy. and we will be walking a lot in spain of course.

i am up 6 lbs total so far, still good i guess. i am just figuring i will balloon out around week 20 (or in SPAIN) hahahaa. hope all are well and hopefully not as sluggish as me.
3.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, congrats on the boy!!! So exciting!

I went for a walk early this morning and it still felt too hot. Ick. It should get a little cooler after today, so that's a relief! Then I spent 5 hours getting my classroom together (boo). We were supposed to box up everything in our rooms so they could be painted over the summer, so I had at least 20 boxes. Today I looked in my friend's room and she didn't have any boxes and said she just left everything in drawers/filing cabinets. I wish I had known I could do that! At least it forced me to look at all the crap I had accumulated over 5 years, but then I had to unpack all those boxes today. And there was no A/C at school.
8.gif

On the bright side, I got most of it done and was lucky to come in when the custodian and his band of teenaged helpers were around to help me move everything around. I even carried the empty boxes out to the car myself. I also managed to climb up on top of the filing cabinets to hang this flag thingy up and put up all my posters. Maybe I am an idiot, but I felt safe in everything I was doing, and keeping up with the Firm workouts helps when you need to get from a chair up onto a table or filing cabinet. I'm just glad I didn't break any furniture with my increased girth! And now DH doesn't have to come in to help me since I was able to do a lot more than I expected and the helpers did the rest.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks PG!! be careful with doing too much for sure. i am a bit paranoid about certain things like climbing or going down stairs. i am notoriously clumsy so the last thing i need is to take a dive. but it''s great you could do so much!!

i have no real update except to say that i just ate butter chicken, naan and yogurt raita for dinner. haha. not exactly healthy but last nite i was not feeling that well and just nibbled on my dinner, so i figure i''m making up for it.

does anyone else feel like sleep is their best friend? i feel so great when i sleep and wake up...it''s when i get up and start to move around that i am like oh yeah, i am preggo! hahaha.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to pop in. i really like reading this thread, but haven''t really had time to post.

i am now 21 weeks preggo with my second. and i am definitely trying to be more healthy than i was with my first. i gained what seemed to be a ton with my first, but i was not eating that badly and was still pretty active. anyways, at 20 weeks, i was up 4-5 lbs total for the whole 20 weeks, so i was pretty proud of myself. BUT, this week, i just either felt like i really let myself go or i just really popped. i have been eating pretty healthy foods most of the time, but this week, DH and i took DS to a fair and i just had to a bite of just about everything. and i had ice cream AGAIN after dinner tonight. and a few cupcakes over the weekend, and funnel cake yesterday..YIKES!! but hopefully i will be able to have a little more self control the rest of the week and weekend.

i work out 6 days a week still and plan to until my body tells me otherwise. and chasing around a 20 month old toddler is pretty tiring too.

CONGRATS mara on your boy. there really is something special about a mommy and son bond. hope you have a wonderful time in spain!!

phoenix glad that you got all the work and unpacking done.

it''s only 9 pm over here and i am ready to get some zzzzz''s. have a wonderful rest of the week ladies!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Puffy! 4-5 pounds at 20 weeks isn''t too much, so if you''ve gained in the past week I''m sure it was because the little one needed it! I think I had gained 22 lbs. at 20 weeks. Sigh . . .

Today is 31 weeks, so we read our pregnancy book entries for today (baby is @ 3.5 lbs!), and one of them mentioned intrauterine growth restriction if a woman is eating fewer than 1500 calories a day, and how it''s very important to gain enough weight. Anyway, that made me feel a little better about my gain.

I''m just in from a 55 min. walk thanks to a pit stop at an obliging Starbucks. I think Baby is hanging out more vertically now (she has been horizontal for the most part, as far as we can tell) and that is affecting my bladder. I feel like I have to pee all the time but then there''s hardly anything in there. At least I don''t seem to have the million other symptoms mentioned in the books that are associated with this time period (good for you for not reading those books Mara!). When DH and I got to the section on 29-32 weeks, it was like, "And you''ll get hemorrhoids, and you''ll swell, and you''ll have heartburn, and you''ll have fatigue, and weird stuff will happen to your skin, and . . ."

I went back to school yesterday and managed to finish my room without falling off any chairs or tables, so yay. It was much nicer in the building because the A/C was on.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
We are back to school and we started volleyball tryouts at 6am Monday morning(I''m the head vb coach at a local high school, but I teach middle school)this week so I have been BUSY. I can''t seem to get enough sleep. I''m just so tired. I only teach part time so T and I get up around 7:30 or so and take our sweet time getting ready in the morning and just hang out until we have to leave around 10:30am or so. Thank goodness or I think I''d be an even bigger zombie than I am right now. When is my second tri energy going to kick in?!?!?
11.gif

Mara~Congrats on a smooth amnio and a baby boy!!

Phoenix~Yay for getting your room in order. When do you start? Do you already have a long term sub in place for when you''re on maternity leave?

Puffy~Good to see you over here! I think you have nothing to worry about in the weight gain department. Eat when you''re hungry and if that''s a bite of everything at the fair, I say YAY!!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Burk, that's awesome that you're able to teach PT. We go back the week before Labor Day for meetings and start the day after LD. I don't have a sub lined up yet because they can't interview until some tiny amount of time remains until your due date, but they hired a supposedly wonderful sub for another woman in our department who just had her baby, and the dates might work out for this woman to transition into being my sub too.

Today is a break day for me, I think. With my pregnancy brain I forgot that I need to buy a present for a friend's baby shower this weekend, and I think that's all I really want on my plate today.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I really wanted to teach in the mornings and be done by 11:45, but it didn''t work out with scheduling so here I am. It''s just nice to only teach 3 classes and be able to spend more time with T. I know I''m lucky since not all schools/districts will allow PT. That would be great if you''re able to use the good sub that is subbing for the other person in your department. I was so stressed about my sub and what I''d come back to when I returned from maternity leave the first time around. I haven''t even told my principal I''m preggo yet! I love what you have planned for today!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a quick check in...we''re off tomororow for our trip where we''ll be doing a ton of walking and eating. hope all you gals have a great few weeks, can''t wait to see the updats when i get back. hopefully i won''t gain too much, i am right where i should be i guess...but all the eating much do me in.
3.gif
take care!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, enjoy your trip! I am so jealous! DH and I are planning a trip to Provence and Paris next summer because I get antsy if I don''t leave the country at least once every two years. Plus Grandma has agreed to babysit! She is used to multiple mobile grandchildren visiting at once so she thinks one 9 month old will be a breeze!

Burk, unfortunately, my district doesn''t allow the school to interview until the month before the leave will start. We just hired a supposedly terrific woman to do maternity subbing for a coworker who just had a baby three weeks ago, and it may turn out that her leave will end right around when mine begins, so I could use the same sub. I''m hopeful that with the current economy some highly qualified teachers who had retired or stayed home with kids will want to earn a little extra money because we''ve had some really awful subs with no training/experience.

I got my workout in this morning. I love how I''m still getting that exercise endorphin rush. I think I heard another woman at my birthing class tell the instructor that she was worried she had lost part of her mucus plug while exercising in her basement, and I was like, oh no, I exercise in my basement! I know I need to be careful but mostly everything feels ok. I think soon I''ll have to stop doing step-ups on the 14 inch step and just use the 8 inch segment; that''s the one thing that is starting to feel a little iffy.

Also, I am becoming the world''s most flexible person. I guess it''s that relaxin hormone. It''s helpful since I can''t bend straight down to shave legs, paint toenails, etc., but I can twist my leg in this ridiculous position to get the job(s) done.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mara~Have a great trip!!!

phoenix~I''m sure the sub situation will work out just fine. If you could use a sub who''s already in your building that would really help out! We have some pretty terrible subs, too. My long term sub when I had T was not very good (just couldn''t connect with the kids) but the kids made it out alive.
16.gif
Sounds like you''re doing great sticking with the workouts.

I''m doing good. Really tired lately. I''m sure it''s just from being back at work and volleyball but I''m so ready for some second trimester energy to kick in ASAP!! I''ve been playing a lot of volleyball and going on walks with T. Haven''t made it to the gym lately with all that''s going on, but hopefully I''ll be able to get it squeezed back into the routine soon.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Burk, ugh, practice and going back to work sounds so tiring! I''m in my last week of freedom. Sigh . . .

I walked yesterday and did my Firm workout today, but today I just felt sloooow. Getting up on that 14 inch step is just hard. Today I went down to light (3lb.) weights for the final step exercise, realizing that 6 lbs. + my weight now is a million times more than 16 lbs. + my old weight used to be. Poor legs! I don''t really know why I bother holding weights to do that exercise at all, but my philosophy is that if I can do it, why not? I want to stay as strong as possible now anticipating the 4-6 weeks when I can''t exercise postpartum.

I''ve been very hungry this week and am anticipating a higher number for weight gain at my 32 week appointment on Wed. At this point I''ve wrapped my brain around reaching the 160s before this is all said and done, but goodness knows I don''t want a 17 handle on my weight. I know it''s all relative and some women weigh more than their husbands normally, but at that point I would be reaching DH''s weight (and a weight gain of 55 lbs. +) and I''d rather not go there . . . I''m hoping to continue averaging around a pound plus a little per week; my secret goal is to keep the total weight gain under 50 (49 pounds just sounds better than 50 somehow . . .) My mom and sister usually gained around 40-45 pounds, so I think this is realistic, although I am track to be on the higher end of that or a little beyond.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
pg just wanted to say that it is awesome that you are still working out at 32 weeks. i think with my last pregnancy, i stopped around 34 weeks and just did basic walking. with the weight gain, some women just gain a lot no matter how healthy they eat or how often they work out. and i''m sure you will lose over half of the weight when the baby comes. i know it''s easy for me to say, but believe me, i have been there! and seriously, you look so tiny and just such a cute preggo!! try not to worry about it and just keep doing what you''re doing.

hope you are having a wonderful time mara!!

burk hope you get some of that energy you need. i had it for all of 2-3 weeks and now back to being tired again al the time. haha. oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

ate some more ice cream today...DS asked to go to get ice cream so we went and we had ice cream. i have got to cut all this sugar out.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
[Munch, munch, munch . . . the sound of me eating chocolate chip cookies . . .]

OK, so I''m back from a walk, which I did follow with some yummy cookies. Gee, I wonder where all this weight gain is coming from?
2.gif
So I hear ya on the sweets, Puffy! I definitely have more a sweet tooth than usual these days.

Speaking of yummy food, last night DH and I went out for our date, which had gotten postponed due to other plans over the weekend. We tried this new organic/sustainable/local food place that just opened two weeks ago but is all the buzz. On Monday night they were turning people away! It was very, very yummy. It''s about 1.3 miles from our house, and we dithered about whether or not to walk since it was a little on the far side and my knee felt slightly iffy, but in the end we did. Good thing since i ate so much! So that''s an additional 2.6 miles on top of the 3.3 I walked this morning. The food was really good except that I didn''t realize my salad would come with a runny egg (it said soft-boiled and I just wasn''t thinking), so I had to switch with DH and eat his cheese plate (poor me . . . J/K!). It''s funny how things work in our small city, where restaurants come and go all the time, but if you''re going to be a hit, you usually hit the ground running.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I started to get some new discomfort (sore back, hard to get up from sitting) this week. Just in time for school to start! So I took a "break day" yesterday, but then I became a crazy cyclone and organized/rearranged/cleaned the whole 750 sq. foot basement. I moved all the furniture, rolled up all the rugs, vacuumed, mopped, and put it all back. Phew! I had also planned to spend 2 hours making chicken enchiladas but that plan was quickly discarded in favor of ordering pizza.

I guess this is that nesting instinct . . . ??? I think that''s partly it, but I also get the urge to clean and purge every so often, and I know with work starting on Monday it''s now or never. Plus my mom and sister are coming for my shower this weekend and my mom plans to sleep in the basement, so I didn''t want it to be grimy.

I was up 3 pounds at my 32 week appointment, so that''s 37 total. The doctor said I look fine so the weight gain is ok, which I know, but I am also starting to notice that my arms and legs are bigger. Obviously the 37 pounds are going somewhere . . .

The good news is that all that cleaning actually made me feel less sore. I mean, I felt like I had worked out with minor soreness in some of the vacuuming/lifting muscles, but I felt better at the end of the day than I did when I woke up. And I did a Firm workout this morning. So I''m just trucking along the best I can . . .

That''s all we can do!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. I just got back from being on vacation and went for my monthly appointment and found out I gained 6 pounds this month
6.gif
. Does that mean I get kicked out of the Healthy thread
9.gif
??? Anyway, I think several pounds were just from being swollen from traveling, because my scale says I am back down 5 pounds, so who knows. I go for my gender ultrasound next Tuesday and I am getting so anxious to find out! Hope everyone has been doing well!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
steph just wanted to ask where are you hiding the weight? i saw your belly pic and you have the tiniest little bumps! i can''t wait to hear what you are having.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 11:50:00 PM
Author: puffy
steph just wanted to ask where are you hiding the weight? i saw your belly pic and you have the tiniest little bumps! i can''t wait to hear what you are having.
awww, Puffy you are too sweet! That is just what I needed to make me feel better! I am gaining pretty much all over except not much in the belly for some reason. I can see it in my face and arms, legs, and booty. My grandmother saw me and said "you don''t look pregnant, just like you put on weight!". Haha, I was like geez thanks! Anyway, hope you are doing well Puffy and thanks again for the kind words!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello preggo friends!! I have been a terrible contributor to this thread lately.....just too busy lately to even lurk on PS!
23.gif

Congrats Steph on baby boy!!

Phoenix, sounds like you''re doing great with continued workouts!! How''s your back feeling?

puffy~No such luck on my burst of energy yet....maybe next week?
40.gif
Hope your trip to Vegas is relaxing!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I caught a cold Monday night, so I haven't exercised since my workout on Sunday and 3.15 mile walk on Monday. Boo. I'm going to see if I'm up for anything tomorrow or Saturday. I am fine with taking a break for a few days -- happens a few times a year when I catch something like this -- but I'm really afraid of losing my fitness and not being able to regain it until after baby girl is born. It's one thing to pick back up with your workouts after a week when you're not 33 weeks pregnant, but when you are . . .

Burk, I hope things have settled down for you recently! My back is feeling ok. DH got me a massage Tuesday night, which was lovely. I got tight in the lower back tonight after staying late at school for fee night. I normally wouldn't sit in a desk chair for 3 hours straight (one of the perks of being a teacher . . . not too much desk sitting) at the end of a long day of work, and I'm sure I'm less limber since I'm not working out/stretching like usual, so I think it will pass quickly.

I have to admit it's nice to have people do things for you, even though I secretly believe that if something feels ok for me to lift/do, I should do it. But all week coworkers have been telling me not to do this and that, offering me the only seat available, asking me if I'm not maybe doing too much walking (too much walking????) . . . It's nice because if I feel like I can do something, I do it, but when there's a doubt, there's someone to help put the boxes up above the cubicle or a chair to sit in when I get overheated.

Well, the exception is this one disliked coworker who asked me if I could use his extra sets of textbooks that he didn't need this year. I said no and that he should just take them to the department office (which is exactly what I would do, now, today, at 33 weeks pregnant . . . put them a couple at a time on a cart and wheel them down the hall . . . I did this twice this week), and he said too bad because he was really hoping he could avoid the oh so laborious task I just described. He was hoping someone would just come take them from him. So he asked the pregnant lady???? This man is 40 years old, not 90! Later that day I saw that he had indeed wheeled them to the office and then left them stacked on the cart instead of putting them up above the cubicles where they go (now granted, I probably would ask somebody to do that step for me since I probably shouldn't be climbing up on desks to hoist dozens of heavy textbooks above my head) . The chair had to send around an email telling us not to leave our books piled on the carts that we're all supposed to be able to use. How lazy can you be? No wonder this guy is out of shape!

And thus we get to my logic for wanting to do what I can when I can -- if there are stairs instead of an escalator, take the stairs. If you can walk over to the next store instead of moving your car, go for the walk. If there's a chance to move some books at work, don't think, oh, gee, maybe I can find some pregnant lady to move them for me . . . think, good, I have muscles, let me use them! We've become so technologically advanced that we're far too sedentary for our own health unless we *choose* to be otherwise. Sorry for the rant, but I mean, seriously, no wonder nobody likes this guy. To be fair, he did catch himself and say, "Man, I was just hoping someone else would move them. Oh, well, I mean, I wouldn't expect you to move them, he he, since you're pregnant, you know . . ." but it was obviously just an afterthought.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
phoenix~Yuck for your cold! Hope you''re feeling better! We''ve had some crazy flu stuff going around in our city and had a ton of kids out last week which is so weird for this time of the year. One school in our city had 200 gone one day last week! Try not to worry about missing workouts. You''ll get it back. Right now you just need to do what''s best for the baby. My back hurt so bad by the end of my pregnancy with Tayva that I pretty much quit working out the last few weeks and I had no problems getting back into shape and losing the weight. So rude about your co-worker! Seriously, what is wrong with some people?

We had our first volleyball tournament this weekend and I am tired. I didn''t do anything physical (besides hit a few balls at the girls) but it is mentally draining coaching. I''m looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and spending time with DH T.

Hope all the preggos have a great long weekend!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Burk< I''m impressed that you are keeping up with the volleyball! Are you at all concerned about getting hit? I was at a pool party yesterday where I got walloped in the shoulder with a volleyball, and I was just glad it didn''t get me in the abdomen.

Steph, since you had barely gained any weight so far I think the 6 pounds make total sense. You''ve been through this before and were so thin to start, so you must have been able to lose it the first time. That gives me hope!

I just keep getting bigger in the belly. Yesterday I tried to shave my bikini area and couldn''t reach my left side with my right arm . . . big old bump in the way! (Neither could I see my bikini area . . .)

I saw a woman at the party yesterday who had a 3 day old baby . . . so cute! The mom had her feet up, which were still quite swollen, and she told me that she was still needing to elevate her feet because the swelling hadn''t gone down. Then she looked at my ankles and said, "Oh, you still have ankles!" Who knows, I have 6.5 weeks to go, mine might disappear too, but so far the swelling is slight, just a little tightness around the toes of my sandals sometimes. My running shoes seem to be fitting ok although I''d like a new pair for comfort (but I''m worried my foot size might still change).

Then DH said that later he was talking to the new mom, and she was pointing me out to her husband, who asked which one I was. She said, "The pregnant lady who still has ankles!" Poor lady. I''m really glad I am not swollen like that (yet), and I''d be disappointed if it didn''t get better right after birth too.

I got a workout in on Saturday, which made me feel better since my fear was going without too long and not being able to do the moves any more. I''m going for a walk this afternoon, but I know already it will be slower/shorter than the hour walks I was taking before I got sick. I''m just slowing down.

The good news is that the two colds I''ve had this pregnancy have been shorter than my colds usually are. Usually after 10 days I am thinking, "Why do they always say colds last 7-10 days? Mine is still going strong." But it''s been a week and I am much improved and have been since Saturday. I wonder if it''s because I take too much cold medicine normally and it messes with my symptoms or recovery? Otherwise it must really be a physiological difference attributable to pregnancy. Anyway, this is really teaching me that I don''t need to take Sudafed or Robitussin constantly when I''m sick; other than a few nights of not sleeping well, the symptoms were never that bad. I''ll probably still take something to help me sleep when I''m not pregnant and get a cold and other stuff occasionally, but I think I''ve been too overzealous with congestion and cough stuff.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Did I say I was going to take a walk? Nap, I meant nap . . .
2.gif

Ugh, the nap just overtook me. And it''s drizzly, and I don''t really want to get stuck somewhere in the rain, so I''m going to try to rustle up a cardio video that isn''t too demanding . . .

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I did a half hour dance DVD that I got back before I could run or do more intense cardio. It was the perfect level of moving/sweating (very moderate). It''s from 10 Minute Solutions, where you have a bunch of 10 minute segments you can do individually or string together. I''m glad I remembered that I have a few of those low/moderate intensity dance DVDs so I have something to do on days I can''t get out of the house. I couldn''t quite bend and swivel as much as the ladies on the screen but I did the best I could.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results