shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle & Fitness for Preggos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh burk there will def be a post-preggo thread or something so that we can get back on track!! i say WE meaning I.
3.gif

charger, you go girl... at 10 weeks doing a 3 mile hike. i felt so barfy at that point i was just like a couch slug. i did continue zumba til about 13 weeks if i remember correctly but i didn''t remotely feel like myself, esp since a lot of it is twisting waist movements, it''s just not comfy at all given my burgeoning belly. and congrats on the budding new nugget!!

still in awe of puffy...
9.gif

i have been gaining a lot less since i hit 20 weeks, i think i have gained about 5-6 lbs in the last 10 weeks. but i am eating less, less room in the belly...and i eat less at night i notice. when i do have a few days of ''heavy eating'' aka weekends the scale does rise 1-2 lbs for sure. but it seems like not working out is not affecting me TOO much, as long as i keep my eating in check.

random note but i also notice that from week to week it feels like my body is a bit differently shaped than a previous week. aka my butt feels smaller this week based on underwear fit vs last week when they were tighter. i think some of it is bloating one week vs not being as bloated another. i also am still wearing a fair amt of my original underwear from pre preggo so i guess it cant be THAT bad. hahha. i did get some cheapie 3 packs of cotton bikini hanes at target that are super comfy in a size larger than my old size and they are under belly so i really like them.

i mentioned this in the preggo thread but one of my friends is coming to do some belly/preggo photos tomorrow, i hope they come out ok...i am not really a huge fan of stuff like this but everyone keeps saying i will regret it later if i don''t do it and i don''t plan to be naked, just like some exposed belly shots in black and white kinda thing. so we''ll see!!
5.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Burk--i have a feeling zumba won''t do it for me either. I know you mentioned it before so i''ll go for fun but not expect major calorie buring. I did Attack last night and found it harder than usual. I have RL pain already and i am only 12 weeks! I could feel the pulling. It''s weird b/c i could jump on two risers during a step class at 30 plus weeks, but Attack seems SO bouncy --i guess b/c every track is like that, whereas it varies in Step. Still feel that step gives me the best workout.
You are so tall and slim 8 lbs in 3 weeks won''t show. If that were me, i''d be in serious trouble. I am so envious of tall preggos, they always look so proportioned and not as swollen and never as big looking.

Charger--Yay! Welcome. Amazing that you lost 25 lbs. good for you! Staying active during pregnancy pays off huge. I truly believe it reduces the recovery time and helps your body bounce back. So even if it is just a bit of walking and some weights, you''ll be happy you stuck with it.
We are due around the same time. I am due around June 5-12th. ( i was 2 weeks over with my son so my middie has given me a very approximate DD
3.gif
). So if you are 2 weeks behind me, it''s possible that we might deliver on the same day
2.gif

Congrats to you!

Mara--the underwear test cracks me up b/c it brings back memories. I have always said i''d never wear granny-like undies but at about 30 weeks along my mom brought me a pkg of big ''ol cotton full coverage undies that she mistakingly bought in the wrong size and asked if i wanted them. I took them, wore them and thought "where have you been my whole life" . They felt heavenly compared to my skimpy thongsthat were digging into my butt
37.gif
. I swore to charlie they would go once baby was born...but they are still in my drawer ...i think i may have a pair on now
15.gif
3.gif

--Will you post a few pics of the shoot for us?

speaking of pics, i don''t think i''ll post much on the preggo thread (i can''t keep up with it) but maybe just a few shots on here once in a while

Going to Spin class tonight. I gave these up about month 4 last pregnancy b/c i didn''t like the feeling of my belly hitting my thighs and i find them boring so this may be one of my last ....

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Jas12~I had the RL pain early in this pregnancy as well...made it really hard at vb practice at times!! It did go away, though, so hopefully yours does as well! Maybe you''ll like Zumba, my sister and I both just felt like we had to go work out more after the class....do try it and let me know. Our gym recently canceled all of our step classes so I''ve really just been walking on the treadmill at home because I''m on strike against my gym...ha ha! I do think I''ll probably cancel my membership there and join another gym that does have it, but I don''t really feel like "gym shopping" right now.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol re underwear well i am not a thong girl anyway more like a bikini so they have worked ok for me so far but the bigger ones from target DO feel more comfy for sure. i am not an over the belly kinda girl for anything, pants too so the under the belly bikinis are comfy for me! a few of my original pairs don''t really fit, that is the funny part when i try to put them on.
3.gif

re: zumba workout...so here''s the deal. zumba is an amazing workout BUT many teachers don''t do it right. i have gone to a lot of classes and tried out maybe 15-20 teachers. only 2-3 of them are worth me returning. and my favorite one is the one i would go to 2-3x a week. if you are doing zumba correctly with a good teacher, you can burn up to 700 calories per class, i know some gals who even burned like 1000! you should be totally drained, sweaty and exhausted afterwards.

but that said, again i have taken it with a lot of diff teachers and some of them are snoozalicious and/or just don''t know what the heck they are doing! i have walked out of classes countless times and gone to do the cardio machines. hehee. so if you guys can find a good teacher, you will love it!!!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mara--ahh, that makes sense about the zumba. I always hear mixed things. I am in a small city so i doubt the teacher will be amazing, but hey, ya never know.
I feel that way about Yoga, i was lucky enough to take semi private lessons with an instructor who trained 11 intense years under one of the countries top yogi''s. It was so disciplined and throughal that i was dying at the end of a 1 hour class. However, when i attend a yoga class at my club it is a joke, sometimes don''t even break a sweat. More like a good stretch. Totally teacher dependent.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know jas, it's swept the nation but seriously i bet most smaller cities are doing what i call 'geriatric zumba'...hheehe. one of my friends came here and took a class with me, loved it, and then went home to boston and tried a class and was sooo disappointed after our class. and i have attended some classes where the lady is moving so slowly it's like what are we supposed to be doing here? i could just be dancing to the music and burning more calories!

we are lucky here in that it's so huge there are a ton of classes to try, and we have prob one of the best teachers in the US...i know this because we get a lot of guest teachers at the kbox/zumba specialty gym i go to and while many of them are very good, they also take lessons and pay our zumba teacher (who is a former hip hop dancer) to teach them her choreography! she also teaches master classes (to certify new teachers). she's just amazing. a lot of our local teachers at club one and other gyms also pay her for lessons. she might be moving to AZ so i will be beyond crushed if that happens. but thankfully at the same gym there are 1-2 others that are pretty good, different and not quite as electric as her (there is one or two youtube videos out there i could link you guys to for her but even the video doesn't show how crazy the class gets!)...but still really good. i just hope she is still there in feb/march when i return to the gym!!

anyway happy thanksgiving ladies. OBVIOUSLY i am not out doing the turkey trot, i am at home eating instead hahaha. i just would not have been able to make it 3 miles. when greg and i go out and walk now a lot of times my belly hardens up and i get a weird pain in my bottom right of my uterus muscle. it's probably ATROPHY.
20.gif
but we will get out and do a walk with portia later today before dinner with family.

oh and re: yoga... i got really into bikram right before getting pregnant and had to stop at about 6 weeks because i was too paranoid about the heat and the nugget... so then i did power yoga once a week until about 10 weeks which was CRAZY...have you ever done it? i actually can't wait to go back to that class. talk about torture and sweat.. and these people doing the most amazing positions in the class. i was really novice still but wow. and everyone was ripped with muscles. anyway yeah, really looking fwd to getting back into zumba and the power yoga and bikram after kid.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Mara--
I''m sure you''d probably tried it, but it doesn''t hurt to ask.
Have you tried emptying your bladder first before your walk?
My belly would always tighten when I walked on the treadmill.
I find that if I completely empty my bladder, even if I have gone like 10 minutes before my walk, helps tremendously.
And when it does ball up, I''d give it a rub and my belly would relax after a few minutes.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
jas12 i know what you mean...i have B al day and i work out, and usually by 730, i am POOPED and ready to be in bed. on some days, i just chase B around the park instead of going to the gym and that works fine too. but i am sure you will do great with this pregnancy as you did with Co.

charger huge CONGRATS!!!

burk 8 lbs in 3 weeks isn''t bad at all and you look great so that''s all that matters!! it''s starting to get cold here as well, so i might just have to do the treadmill at home while B naps, but i tell ya, that kid loves going to the gym with me. weird!

mara you look great from the last bely pic you posted. not bad at all that you didn''t do the turkey trot...staying home and eating sounds a lot more fun than the turkey trot.

still working out. it''s just such a big part of my routine and when i don''t work out, i just feel kinda blah. but it is definitely getting harder and harder to physically get myself to the gym. i''ll be 36 weeks on monday...crazy!

hope everyone is staying fit!

wa

Rough_Rock
Wow! Pregnancy section in a diamond forum! I just made my 1st post in the Rocky section, and then kinda surfed over here to the Healthy Lifestyles area.

Hi Ladies! My name is Wa. My little Baby Kumquat is due next.... MONDAY 11/30! ...the doctor says. But I really believe my real due date is a week later. More like 12/05 - 12/07. But since my doc went by my LMC, that''s just what he said.

But regardless, I''m actually kind of feeling scared now. I''m excited, but nervous at the same time.
1.gif

Throughout my pregnancy I think I''ve LIVED on milk and cereal; Honey Bunches of Oats, Kashi Honey Cruchy thingy, Raisen Bran... and a couple more I can''t remember. It''s weird, it''s the only thing that tasted light and refreshing to me. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I didn''t really crave much of anything else. But towards the last 8 weeks to now, I''ve craved more sweets and chocolate. Weird.

I used to excercise 3 to 4 times a week before Kumquat. But after, I couldn''t even muster the will power to get myself to the gym. So, I''ve been gym free pretty much for almost 40 weeks! I''m really looking forward to going back again, after the post partum month of rest and recovery. Can''t wait! Hmm.. that is if I can find time and energy in-between BF and all the other things I''m probably not aware of.
2.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Today was my last day of bootcamp for the year. sniff sniff.

Yeah, it was HARD getting up at 5:20 3x a week but it got me active and feeling productive. It''s going to be tough to keep up a workout routine on my own, so i''m setting realistic goals- 3x a week to the gym. Dunno what I''ll do when I get there, probably walk on the treadmill. I just prefer a more structured program!

Zumba was something I looked into before PG, but I just never got around to a studio. I have a feeling I would''ve LOVED it. I wonder if it makes sense to get into it now? I hope to have more energy as I head into my 2nd trimester, but I still need to take it easy.

I hope that all the other HL&F preggos are doing well. Y''all are such an inspiration!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi (shrinking) gang of fit mommas

We need to recruit. Charger, you are still around i assume. how is the non-structured work outs going? I know what you mean, i *need* a class or something otherwise i slack big time.

Mara, i bet you have slowed down now. I think by 36 weeks i was toast and i started swimming b/c step classes were getting hard, but even swimming from weeks 38-42 was realllly hard for me. You just have a few weeks to go right?

Puffy, don''t know if you still read, but i bet you are happy you stayed so active. Hope the baby weight falls off for you

As for me, i am 18 weeks and should be feeling my best in the honeymoon tri, but i did 4 classes in 3 days over my 2 weeks off. Followed by weekend workouts. Killer. I took it easier the following week. My back is stiff, hips are sore etc. etc. i huff and puff when i carry my 28 lb boy up and down the stairs. More like the way i was feeling in the 8th month the first time around. *sigh*
I didn''t weigh myself post-xmas. Kinda scared. My butt def. feels bigger....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results