shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Detox Diet Thread August 28-September 1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi beanie, we actually talk about healthy eating and tips and post articles etc in our ''weekly workout thread'' which is an ongoing thing. it''s in this same forum...the detox thread was just done for this week so that we could all continue to motivate ourselves while we were doing it without cluttering up the WWT. but yep, sounds like there may be a few people game for it in another few weeks (well for me it''s another 4 weeks, hehehe)...

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mara!

Yeah I am pretty sure I am going to keep going with it and just eat some egg beaters in the morning and then maybe make some home made salsa to put on top of it.. mmm mmm good.
and then veggies and fruit during the day and some lean protein during dinner.. and no eating after 7! thats a tough one for me sometimes with my work and school schedule.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it''s the end of the work day for me, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in this detox, as well as all of our "cheerleaders!"
36.gif
I definitely enjoyed the support and sharing of diet/recipe tips this week. I honestly do feel better this week, and I''m glad I committed to doing this...it wasn''t as tough as I thought it might be after all!

Everyone have a great Labor Day weekend, and I''ll "see" you over on the workout thread next week!
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I have to start again...I defected!

Was in Dallas this week and did so well! Had fruit (brought it for the flight out), and for dinner out with my boss I had to cave in and get fish, but got broiled salmon and rice. Not hugely traitorous, right?

But then...

The Dallas airport- return flight home...no where to run, nothing to eat, nowhere to turn! It''s ALLLLL junk food! I have always hated that airport, but this cinched it.

I''m weak...I ate a McDonald''s cheeseburger. I came back home and checked the detox list to no avail...it does not state that Mickey D''s cheeseburgers are an acceptable detox vehicle...
15.gif

I did have fruit and veg for dinner after I got home, but it''s too late...the cheeseburger is still in my stomach like a rock...mocking me! But I''ll get the better of it...I''m going to stick with a good diet as I have been doing from here on out to my wedding.

Congrats to you gals for having a great week....you are very inspiring. I wish I could have reached out to you gals for help when I was at DFW...alone with nothing to eat. *sniff*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG i knew it...hehehee i figured since you hadn''t checked in, we had lost you!!! it''s okay girlfriend, you have been doing really well other than the McD''s defection...and we still luvya...hehee. Even though your body probably doesn''t!!!! tee hee.

Anyhow, traveling is REALLY hard for eating well as you know, and you have ''extenuating circumstances''...in any case at least you did your best and it sounds like you followed it 95%!! I''m glad you are going to stick with it, let us know if you see any longer-term benefits past the whole 5 day thing.

On a random note, I am totally craving a CHEESEBURGER!!!! I am sure if I had been in the airport it would have been hard for me too. (but wait, doesn''t McDonalds have salads you could have had instead of said cheeseburger?! anyway i digress) I think we may go get burgers (albeit healthy freshly made ones) at our fave burger place. We''ll see if my stomach bloats out afterwards like there''s no tomorrow and if so, yikes!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 5:58:21 PM
Author: Mara
(but wait, doesn''t McDonalds have salads you could have had instead of said cheeseburger?! anyway i digress)
Um...uh...

I think Texas is having a vegetable famine. Only cows. I swear.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 6:01:05 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 9/1/2006 5:58:21 PM
(but wait, doesn''t McDonalds have salads you could have had instead of said cheeseburger?! anyway i digress)
Um...uh...

I think Texas is having a vegetable famine. Only cows. I swear.
WELL if it was lemon pie, that would absolve you.
9.gif
but the more i think about it, mcd''s cheesieburger?! ew! rock!!! big rock.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 6:19:38 PM

WELL if it was lemon pie, that would absolve you.
9.gif
but the more i think about it, mcd''s cheesieburger?! ew! rock!!! big rock.
Oooh...good idea...I''ll go have pie! (Actually I''m going out for a glass of wine and tapas.
36.gif
) Hope that burger isn''t sitting in a ball in your tummy Mara, if you did indeed succumb to the temptation.

Have a great weekend everyone...................

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yum tapas and wine!!! i could go for that. hehee.

we're actually getting sushi tonite to finish off the detox and then i thought the cheeseburger could be great for tomorrow night.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
quick update even though i know this thread is over for the time being....

i went to the gym yesterday and weighed myself again and i lost 5 lbs just this week!

now do i think that it''s from the detox? not entirely....but i do wonder if maybe the detox DID jump start my body into waking up and dropping some weight finally rather than just convering fat to muscle.

how do you really know? i guess you don''t....but it''s intriguing for me..and i am going to watch the scale next week and see if i continue to drop even though i am off the ''detox'' or if it stays where it''s at now....it is kind of interesting. i want to get down 5 more lbs...so if it doesn''t move again for a few weeks, i definitely am doing the detox again for 5 days to see if it works again to at least get those 5 lbs off then i can maintain.

anyway, did anyone else see any weight loss or measurement/inch loss or anything?? i know i definitely have inch loss as my hips went down about an inch between a week ago and now and upper hips/lower waist too. and then of course i lost that size in clothing. but again i don''t know how much of that was detox or just the fact that i''m now working out 6x a week pretty intensely.

report back in if you guys see any changes!! i''m interested to hear.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t do the detox.....but I did south beach for a week and lost 8 lbs! I think that maybe we are losing water weight? I think to lost that much "real" (I guess fat, etc)...would be not "normal"?!?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm for me it's definitely not water weight as my scale has not moved for 3 months, LITERALLY. i was 150 for the last 3 months. working out, eating better etc. nothing changed it. it basically went from 149 to 151 and 1-2 lbs is reasonable for water weight fluctuations so i never counted it when it went down to 149 or up to 151. i think i was converting fat to muscle though because of my workouts because i look very different now....people were asking me a month and two months ago if i lost weight. but i couldn't really say YES because no i hadn't even though my 'measurements' were getting smaller. but finally the scale just started moving and caught up with my visual progress. i don't think that i 'lost' 5lbs in a week but i think for me it was cumulative, like my body was building up to it. i was working out 1-2x 3 months ago, then about 3-4x 1 month ago and now 5-6x a week so it's pretty intense for me to finally see the scale move.

for you, a diet like south beach now, if you ate basically whatever you wanted before could mean a TON of changes for your body. maybe 2 lbs of that was water weight but i wouldn't be shocked if you lost 5-6 lbs in a week if you changed your diet by that much. it's amazing what we eat when we add it all up. that's why calorie counting is fairly interesting just to even see what you typically consume. just a mcdonalds bigmac and fries is basically your whole day of calories PLUS some. and don't even think about the fat. or going out to a restaurant and getting the spaghetti and meatball platter is about 2k calories, so again your whole day PLUS some in just one meal. so just by changing foods or the way you eat can be huge.

anyway, regardless of whatever it was, CONGRATS on 8lbs!! that's a big deal. as long as you are not starving yourself and your body is getting the nutrients it needs, that's awesome!! keep us posted on how it goes...are you going to incorporate workouts into your program, like walks or anything?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome. Maybe i'll try the detox...I don't know if I could though....I'm barely getting by now...seeing the scale move is definitely exciting!

As for the south beach, it sucks b/c I just freakin love everything that is bad. LOVE everything. I was in the supermarket and I couldn't stop my tongue from wagging....Definitely not starving...but definitely not full or going to throw up and gorged like usual LOL...
For ex, had some cottage cheese for breakfast...some peanut butter and celery for snackie....then cheated and had mcdonald's frozen yogurt/ice cream in a cup b/c it was late and didn't have anything around for lunch...and went to an ital restaurant for dinner and was DYING for bread and pasta, but had grilled chicken with tomat/onion/basil/motzarella/balsamic .... and a side of vile weeds...I should have had a great salad for lunch but again, was out and about and didn't plan ahead....now I just had a sugar free jello..it used to be bagel in the am, two slices pizza, some cookies or chocolate and spaghetti for dinner LOL...so I guess you're right..it's a huge difference in calories and also a huge reduction in bad carbs

Anyhoo...here's to losing weight!
36.gif

Oh, and I wanted to EAT when I went with my MIL and she traded in her 1.2 tcw studs for a pair of 2.25 twc G Si2.
39.gif
Oh right, after she told me she sinned and got a chanel bag!
6.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i know this is over, but i wanted to add something i thought about. i really like - no love - how this detox isn''t just a starve yourself diet thing. you can actually eat like this on a permanant basis. it doesn''t have to be for a week. really there is no time line needed. it also made me realize that eating healty isn''t complicated. it isn''t hard and your body actually likes and craves healthy food. it functions really well on a healthy diet. or at least mine did.

anyhoo, just thought i''d share.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow 5 pounds...awesome! I''m taking it up again this week...modified...so I will let you know how it goes! I didn''t lose anything, because I defected....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results