shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Detox Diet Thread August 28-September 1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mara- this reminded me of how i became a black coffee drinker and i thought i''d share.

i started off drinking sugar with a tiny bit of coffee, if you know what i mean. never used dairy or creamer b/c i don''t like milk. i would have a sweet breakfast along with my sugared coffee. i noticed the sweeter the breakast, the more sugar i needed in my coffee cause i couldn''t taste it...so one day randomly, i decided to not put any in my coffee. i LOVED how the black coffee went so well with my sweet breakfast. it brought out the flavor in the food i was eating or something. and since then, i only do black coffee.

maybe this will be your turning point with the coffee?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2006 12:31:10 PM
Author: jcrow
mara- this reminded me of how i became a black coffee drinker and i thought i''d share.

i started off drinking sugar with a tiny bit of coffee, if you know what i mean. never used dairy or creamer b/c i don''t like milk. i would have a sweet breakfast along with my sugared coffee. i noticed the sweeter the breakast, the more sugar i needed in my coffee cause i couldn''t taste it...so one day randomly, i decided to not put any in my coffee. i LOVED how the black coffee went so well with my sweet breakfast. it brought out the flavor in the food i was eating or something. and since then, i only do black coffee.

maybe this will be your turning point with the coffee?
LOL, jcrow, that is exactly how I used to drink it!
9.gif

Mara, after the detox if you still want to sweeten your coffee a bit, you can use "natural" sugar...it''s not refined, or bleached. It looks like those little sugar crystals you can put on Christmas cookies, only it''s kinda brownish in color. It''s yummy.
1.gif

Another sweetener that''s allowed, I think, is honey. PB and honey, anyone?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that's totally how it is jcrow....i think that the vanilly soymilk is adding enough 'natural sugars' to kind of control the sugar craving and i totally noticed that my cereal with the fruit it in is soooo much sweeter and tastier now!!! i have been wanting to cut sugar out of my coffee for a while now, because it's just dead calories that go nowhere and i do nothing with them because it's morningtime so it's not like i am going to work out after or anything. no beneficial properties whatsoever. so hopefully this will be my turning point...i actually just may keep doing the vanilla soymilk since it's a way to get some nondairy protein going on and it's tasty as well.

how i used to drink coffee way back when was for flavor. i didn't even need the caffeine. i liked coffee ice cream so i loved coffee that just tasted like the ice cream! read lots of sugar and lots of milk and relatively little coffee. but now i need a bit of the caffeine hit (not much, i just have about 1/2-1cup in the morning and i don't have it any other time of the day) so getting rid of the sugar would be a bonus.

mon...i find that the natural brown sugars aren't sweet enough for me so i just use MORE and i'm sure it ends up being just as bad. if i can stick with this way it would be fab!!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!
Sounds like there is great progress being made!

last night we had baked Tilapia with some crushed red peper and lemon with a side of broccoli, snap peas and carrots.

This morning we had egg beaters (i know) but like i said i like my protein...
and so far i have had a banana, my melon medly, 1/2 yellow peper.
for afternoon snack i have a apple and carrots.
and lots of water!

and for dinner well.. thats up in the air right now!

great job everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"My hat''s off to you ladies for having the will power to do this detox thing!!!" Rod said while sipping his StarBucks Cafe Verona coffee, with Half and Half and 4 packs of Sugar in the Raw. Just for you Mara!!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 2:09:40 PM
Author: Rod
''My hat''s off to you ladies for having the will power to do this detox thing!!!'' Rod said while sipping his StarBucks Cafe Verona coffee, with Half and Half and 4 packs of Sugar in the Raw. Just for you Mara!!
31.gif
I am really psyched for you guys. Sounds like you are doing very well. My hats off to you as well.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA thanks ROD...you''re SO helpful..hee hee. Just kidding, thanks for the kudos, Kaleigh too.

So I''m not working out tonite after all, I''m going shopping with my girlfriend, at least we''ll be walking, that''s like exercising right? hee.

Then we''re getting sushi after...YAY...I''m SO excited for something that is not just veggies prepared at home. hehe.

I did walk 1.5 miles earlier with Portia and I''m going to take her out in a while again for one more mile...I figure 2.5 miles is good enough for a workout substitute.

Food today was my cereal and soy milk and 1/2 a nectarine, with coffee for a breakfast; lunch I just had another bowl of Kashi cereal and a bit of granola, soy milk and a banana. Then for a snack I had the leftover 1/2 nectarine, and a few hours later I had a fuji apple. So lots of fruit today which is good!! I figure I deserve sushi tonite! hehee.

So hope everyone else is doing fab today!!! After this, just 2 more days. WHEE.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mara, mum sushi! funny that''s going to be my friday night dinner! it''s the first thing i want. i have bridal portraits friday so my lunch may or may not be on the diet. maybe so, hair is at 9...after we leave to drive an hour or so to the portrait takin place. maybe i''ll bring something healthy to eat. mumm... carrots and hummus. ok, maybe friday won''t be a bust.

tonight, we ate portabella mushrooms, spinach and small potoates and LOTS of garlic!! i mean lots!! we used roasted garlic flavored EVOO and lemon & lime juice for the sauteeing. i was really surprised how it seemed salty after it was done and we added NO salt!

anyway, we splurged a bit on wine and extra dark "pure dark" chocolate. totally yum.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WAH so i''m bummed...we got so immersed in shopping tonite that i ended up with fabulous new fall items and no dinner!!! we left the mall too late and when we got to the sushi place (like 5 min before they closed), they said they were out of fish!?!!? So we went to one other place but no dice. So I just came home and had more cereal and banana. I''m turning into a big rice granule!! hehe. But whatever, it was yummy and fast and filled the belly.

The positive thing is that I went down a size at Banana in pants, woo hoo!!!! Which is huge since Banana pants have always irked me...so now I''m a size 8 in them which is awesome. And it wasn''t tight at all on the butt or thighs! The hips were a tiny bit tight but nothing horrible. I was so jazzed!! And now I''m a firm Small for tops in Jcrew and Banana which is cool too since I was always kind of waffling between S and M in tops. I also tried on a size 6 dress and it fit so that was interesting. Sizes are so random!

So I may not have gotten sushi but I did get some new cute clothes. HAH. Jcrow your dinner sounds yummy! I am thinking since I missed out on Sushi tonite I should get it tomorrow night. OR maybe just wait til Friday and have that for dinner with Greg....hehee I just know I have to have it soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job Mara - I am getting jealous of your amazing progress, you are going to be such a skinny minnie!
27.gif
You do deserve it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good going Mara. And yes, absolutely, shopping is exercise too!!
28.gif

Sorry you missed Sushi. I'm afraind that once Sushi is on my mind, cereal would simply not do it for me. At least you have the new smaller size to comfort you!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha lorelei...i definitely could see the progress i''ve made in trying on clothes and stuff. nothing looked too small, nothing looked too tight, it looked right, my arms looked fit, i was soooooooo amazed when the pants just slid up with no struggling, and in the nordies caslon size i was actually and 8 as well so it made me feel better, like it wasn''t some fluke sizing thing at banana. but banana''s pants for me have always been a bigger size than elsewhere at 10. i always hated shopping there for pants. i am pretty proportionate in general and i was always like, how do i wear a medium in a top and a 10 in pants?? sizing is so random.

but really, all shopping last nite did was to underscore that today''s sizing is wonky!!! okay i can believe i''m about an 8 in pants because that seems ''right'' to me in general knowing what my mom wears and my friends wear etc, but what about the tops. smalls in banana and jcrew? i am a 36c! nothing small about my chest really. so what is the deal with me wearing a small and some of them were BAGGY like mediums. i was thinking, okay what do REALLY small people wear? like those 5''3" people who weigh 100 lbs? there''s no XXS typically. there''s XS and that''s it. i know that the industry is always trying to make gals feel smaller than they are but at some point it feels kind of silly i think. i mean sure i was jazzed to be wearing a small BUT on the other hand you kind of feel like...hmm this seems off.

bottom line, shopping is dangerous when you have a better looking bod than before...i was ready to take home the whole store!!! it was my girlfriend''s idea to go shopping and i was saying ''no i shouldn''t'' and i think i got more stuff than she did!
emembarrassed.gif

anyhow, ROD yes i am dying for some sushi. we drove around for like 20 min last nite trying to find an open place, we were both so bummed!!! but whatever, cereal worked in the pinch!! so i decided i will forgo sushi tonite in favor of some homemade potato veggie curry thing for our last real night on the detox, and that greg and i will go for sushi as our dinner tomorrow night. that way it takes care of our friday night meal and we can go out and eat somewhere healthy then. though he was like ''when are we going to get a burger''...so i said we should go on sat...hahaa. but hey what are 5-6x a week workouts for if you can''t have a burger sometimes?!?!!
5.gif

so ladies, do you feel any different? better? less tired? more tired? i felt really tired this week at points, but again i couldn''t tell if it was the detox or that TTOTM...or maybe a combo. yesterday i walked 2m (not 2.5 as i''d hoped...i felt kind of drained in the afternoon!) and i only ate about 950 calories. but the other two days i think i hit about 1400. so i shouldn''t be tired necessarily...but maybe i''m not eating enough protein that my body is used to getting???

also what changes do you think you''ll be making long term in your diets or lifestyles as a result of this? for us it''s eating more fruits and veggies without having to be all detox strict again. i think we just need to incorporate one veggie meal a week for dinner, if not two, and i need to do more snackies on fruits than i have been. i love adding fruit to my cereal! also, i''d like to continue the vanilla soy in coffee thing with no sugar and see where that goes. i''m getting used to it. can''t hurt to shake it up between dairy and soy sometimes.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning detoxers!
9.gif

Last night was eggplant parm...mine was minus the parm, lol! I did have a few tablespoons of sauce from a jar, so can''t say I had no processed food yesterday, but I did manage to stay out of the pasta! I had some steamed spinach w/ lemon on the side, so I didn''t feel too left out. Oh, and I had 2 glasses of merlot, oops.
20.gif
I made up for it this morning by having just canteloupe and 1 cup of black coffee.

JCrow, I could eat portabellos every day...love them!

Mara, you better stay away from the mall--you''re in the danger zone now! Congrats on your weight loss! Sounds like stepping up the workout routine a bit and focusing on your calorie consumption has worked wonders for you.
36.gif

I think the biggest change I''ve made and will try to continue with is the dairy consumption...my goal is to eventually go vegan (from lacto-ovo vegetarian), but due to my love for pizza it has been tough. I think if I can cut down to a pizza indulgence once or twice a month I will be doing well. Other than that, I would like to continue avoiding refined sugars and flours, as well as "convenient" packaged foods, whenever possible. Basically I''d like to incorporate more whole grain products into my diet, and stick to mainly fresh produce.
1.gif

I do feel better this week...I''ve noticed I''m not experiencing the usual energy slumps that usually happen around 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. during the day at work. That could be partly due to my going to bed earlier than usual to avoid the late-night munchie monster, though.

Everyone''s doing great--I''m glad we did this! It''s been an interesting "experiment," that''s for sure!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks monnie, it''s so exciting to feel somewhat svelte..hahaa.

i went to WF today and got more tabouleh and also got this mushroom medley mix with pasta (pasta, various mushrooms, olive oil, lemon juice) which looks yummy so i am not sure which i will have for lunch yet. i also got this asian noodle mix with veggies but it has soy sauce and the sodium is higher so not sure i want to eat it today but it looks good.

for dinner we are going to have some sort of curry potato and veggie thang over rice. i was at the store and hadn''t looked up a recipe yet so i just grabbed this sauce packet for marsala which you just add coconut milk to (i have the lite version at home) and it''s vegan and gluten free so i figure with coconut milk and some veggies and potatoes it''s fine for dinner. it has some sodium, but i am working out and i figure i need to replace my salt anyway.
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara.......is Greg detoxing by virtue of the fact that you are detoxing, or are you guys having completely different meals???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod, greg eats what he wants at work for lunch (like he had a carnitas burrito the other day!), but then dinners are what i am making us...he actually said he loves the change to veggies this week and that everything has been really good. but i think he can say that because he can have meat for lunch then come home and have a veggie dinner. jealousy! hehe.

tonite i think i am making this instead of using the sauce packet: veggie coconut curry:

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcrecipes.nsf/pages/Potato,peaandcauliflowercurry?OpenDocument

which looks yummy....i LOVE potato curries at thai or indian places. i don't like peas so i'm putting in corn...and serving it over brown basmati rice.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I marvel at your culinary creativity Mara!! I''m afraid we have this incredibly beautiful kitchen, but we end up working till around 6 PM (we work together for the same corporation - he actually reports to me - long story) and then we go to the gym from work, so by the time we get home, the most creativity we can muster is a Lean Cuisine in the microwave. My after dinner treat is a Fuji Apple, his is dark chocolate. We do often cook something nice on Sundays, but I can tell you most people think we have the cleanest kitchen they''ve EVER seen
28.gif
We likely do!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha rod...i wasn't always this good in the kitchen. my mom, who is very fabulous in general, is not really a huge culinary type, so i grew up thinking that most home cooking was either too dry or just too bland (she hates salt and doesn't use enough spices). i also grew up fairly limited in what we ate, it was either mexican, or italian or chinese and that was it! so much of my food growth has come outside of the house and even more of it since i met greg...he loves to try new things so i tried a ton of new things with him (like oysters and various stinky cheeses!), and also found that i liked some things i thought i didn't! also when we got married and i switched jobs and had a more flex schedule, i started trying my hand at home cooking because we also have a very lovely kitchen...which our last place didn't have at all so cooking there was just a trial in frustration!! only recently have i felt confident enough to start to really experiment with home recipes that i love at restaurants...like the mussels we made on sunday were something similar i get at this place in SF that i LOVE...and it was a close rendition. close enough to satisfy me when we are not going up to SF to get mussels....but i can continue to experiment too!

anyway i actually like the feeling when something comes out really good and greg raves about it. i think i am more picky than he is too because most of the time i am eating it thinking about how it can be better next time and he is going 'wow this is awesome'...hehee. sometimes on the weekends we do the cooking together thing, but mostly it works best when he sits at the island and talks to me and i just do the thing in the kitchen. also he does all the cleanup (which i hate!) when i cook, so i don't mind that setup at all!!! he is a huge neat freak about the kitchen so he does a way better job cleaning up than i could ever do!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you've the perfect kitchen "relationship!" When we do cook, we do work together in the kitchen, which we enjoy. I'm not that fond of the cleanup though, so I get "tasked" with other things while someone is doing dishes. Like, it's my job to clean the smooth cook top ( no gas in our condo permitted). And I keep the outside furniture clean (we eat out on the terrace mostly).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok, this may be tmi - but - so i started today. you girls know what i mean. the thing is, and this is HUGE, ha or should i say SKINNY? i normally bloat severely the week before. like 3-5 lbs. and nothing fits. it totally sucks!! well that didn''t happen this time!! i really think it has to do with the detox. i''ve heard you should avoid dairy and salt ( i think ) and with the detox i did.

so, besides this possible revelation, what i''ve gained from this experience is that i need to incorporate fruits into my diet. i like them. i need to stop being scared of them- or whatever my problem is. also, i need to lessen the amount of premade meals, even when they seem healthy. it''s probably healthier to make them myself, plus i kinda enjoy the process when i have the time.

i also realized that doing this detox with a few ps friends was VERY helpful!! like meeting someone at the gym and if you don''t show you''ll disappoint.

and finally, i realized that FI is gung-ho about healthy eating and trying things like this out. i love that he supports me and us! love that!

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, and thanks for starting this thread.

If it isn''t too late I''d....like to join. There I did it. OK, I have to confess, when I first saw this thread, I had chocolate cake in the refrigerator.

My goal is just to have more energy. I used to be an extremely healthy eater and I still don''t eat processed food, but I love to cook and try new recipes and I''ve been living in the land of butter. Even at my best, I eat well and don''t exercise much, or exercise but forget to think about healthy food.

Now, I''ll try to do both. Do we have a stated length of time as a goal?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi emerald lover...welcome..!! we''d love to have you, except that we were only doing a 5 day detox...so the 5 day period ends tomorrow. hehee. but who knows, maybe we''ll do it again! or you can schedule another one, and i''m sure others may join in...we just all kind of chatted about it and chose a date to do it!! but please do join our weekly workout thread where we talk about workouts and eating healthy and all that fun stuff. this detox thread is just kind of a branch of that thread typically.
5.gif
you can get great motivation there!

i have to say like you jcrow, that i felt like my body responded better during TTOTM re: bloating and all that than when i am on my regular diet, for sure. i felt like i was NOT nearly as bloated as i typically am as well. i''m sure hardly having any salt has a ton to do with it.

so now i am wondering if maybe i should do the no meat, no dairy, no salt thing again maybe for that one week out of the month...or the 3-4 days or whatever that its going on. couldn''t hurt right??? and YES i do want to continue eating more fruits and veggies for sure. the fruits big time. it''s just tough during the winter of course because there''s not much out there!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last day ladies, you are nearly there and how successful it has been!! Mara that must be awesome with the weight and inch loss, no feeling like it when previously tight trousers slip on easily and stubborn areas tone up! That is such a great accomplishment and you need to celebrate with some clothes shopping AGAIN this weekend...
31.gif

Also like with TTOTM
7.gif
maybe the diet could be used in a modified fashion the week before, ANYTHING that stops bloating is worth it's weight in gold. I do find while I am on the subject, working out is the best cure EVER for PMT.

That is a good thing too Monnie, avoiding the old energy slumps, I guess the more natural food helps.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 1:38:20 AM
Author: Mara
...i have to say like you jcrow, that i felt like my body responded better during TTOTM re: bloating and all that than when i am on my regular diet, for sure. i felt like i was NOT nearly as bloated as i typically am as well. i''m sure hardly having any salt has a ton to do with it.

so now i am wondering if maybe i should do the no meat, no dairy, no salt thing again maybe for that one week out of the month...or the 3-4 days or whatever that its going on. couldn''t hurt right??? and YES i do want to continue eating more fruits and veggies for sure. the fruits big time. it''s just tough during the winter of course because there''s not much out there!

see- that''s what i am thinking too! maybe i do this detox 1 week a month. it''s unbelievable how much it helped! i still can''t believe it! but that can be the only reason!

clammer

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys. I know this is the last day of the detox so obviously I’m not going to join, but I have been reading this thread daily and cheering you all on. Quick background on me…my husband got transferred overseas (China). I stayed in America to get everything wrapped up. Well, we sold the house, so I was crashing on the couch of whoever would take me. This wasn’t near my gym so there went working out. I didn’t have a normal schedule so I never knew when I was going to eat so hello McDonald’s. I finally moved over here and got a little bummed out that it wasn’t exactly what I expected. That’s when I realized that I’m a stress/depression eater. Needless to say, I’ve gained 25lb and feel like poo.

Ok that’s the background. I’ve decided after being here for three months doing nothing it’s time to start living life again. I joined the gym this week (so I will be joining the weekly workout thread), but I’m desperately trying to figure out how to eat healthy. I have the time to cook, but I don’t know how. We use to eat a lot of prepared food (Lean Cuisine, stuff the Whole Foods, etc..) Anyway, I finally have enough time to learn, and I now live in the land of white stuff (white bread, white rice, lots of sugar). I also can’t read anything which makes it even harder. I’ve looked up a lot of healthy recipes online, but the spices and herbs just aren’t available here. The recipe link the Mara posted looks good, but I have yet to find curry powder, ground tumeric, chilli paste, ground coriander, or coconut milk which kind of defeats the purpose of the recipe. I guess I will have to just use what I have, but I’m more of a recipe follower. I don’t just know what tastes good together.

Thanks for listening. I didn’t think that my first post to a diamond forum would be about working out, but I really appreciate how supportive you all are to each other.

Oh and Emeraldlover, I know what you mean about butter (mmmmm butter). We call it the secret ingredient because you can make anything taste good with it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to you Rebot - you are more than welcome to join the WWT, as you know we have a great little gang over there and it is so fun and helpful!

Regarding cooking, once you have the basic techniques it is easy. If you base your diet around simple food which is a healthy choice, cooking won''t be a problem at all, also you will quickly get better at it. Mara and Monnie will probably have some great suggestions and tips for you.

Also once you start working out again you will find it will motivate you with eating right too.

See you over on the WWT
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rebot and Emerald!
35.gif
Glad to have you, even though we''re almost finished with this detox. I''m actually thinking of doing it again sometime in the next few weeks because I have a friend (in real life, ha ha) who''s interested in it as well and she wants support. It sounds like others here would be interested as well...so count me in if you all decide to start one in the near future!
9.gif

I have noticed a slight change in weight this week...I think it''s because I controlled my calories more than usual. My jeans were getting a little more snug the past month or so, but today they have a teeny bit of extra room, so although I didn''t weigh myself this week, I feel like I probably shed a pound or two, which is definitely motivating! I hope to do lots of walking over the long weekend, and continue to eat well (just not so restrictive, lol!), so I feel like I am back on the right track again.

35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just looking through the recipe threads and found this:

Here''s one for the crock pot:

Vegetarian Lentil Rice Soup:

2 cups dry lentils
2 cups long grain brown rice
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 onion chopped
8 cups of water
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 cup sliced mushrooms
Add all but mushrooms to your crock pot and cook on low 7 hours. Then add mushrooms and cook another hour.
Makes 10 servings and freezes beautifully.

"Oh, Golly gee damn!!"
----------------------------
"I''ll tell you one thing Fred darling...I''d marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?"
***Holly Golightly***

9.gif
Thought I''d paste it over here because it looks very detox-friendly!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi robot, welcome!! it is hard to get back on the wagon after falling off...and it does take time and discipline but when you are really ready and motivated you WILL do it. how i am is that no amount of outside influence can help get me motivated but once i am, not much stops me....this group kept me going on days when i feel kind of like just sitting around, knowing that others are out there working out to check in kind of makes me go and now i have all this motivation on my own so it''s great to share with others.

re: the spices and not finding them where you are at...can you order them online and have them shipped? i would try to do that. once you stock your pantry then you won''t have to buy them for another year or so depending on how quickly you use them. i know i am really lucky to live in the land of diversity here in california where we have all these specialty grocery stores for stuff like this and if that place doesn''t have it then i can always go to an asian or indian supermarket to get really specialized.

one thing i did notice on this diet monarch and you kind of mentioned it was calories....all the recipes that i made were surprisingly low in calories. i think the reason is that fish and meat add a lot of calories into whatever dish you add them to. like for example that curry thing i made last nite (which was really yummy even though FYI the potatoes have to cook for like 30 minutes by themselves first (or microwave them for a while to get them going) because no way do they ''simmer'' for 20 minutes with the other veggies and miraculously become nice and soft) had all these diff veggies and curries and all that in it and it was only something like 180 calories for 1 serving. the recipe made 4 servings and i kind of halved it, but i added more of stuff i liked than the half so it was probably about 2 servings i ate so about 360 calories and then i ate some brown rice so about 100 calories there. which is not much for a full on meal...considering that if you make something like a steak with roasted potatoes and a salad it''s at about 900 calories even if it''s all healthy stuff. the ingredients just can add up. and the other recipe i made with veggies and pasta was also super low in calories compared to a meat equivalent kind of dish. even fish has more calories than just 5 diff types of veggies.

so i think that for me it was way easier to watch my calories because i was not eating meat and fish and also dairy can add a bunch of calories in things like bleu cheese for salads or dressing or yogurts in recipes etc. i think i was probably easily under 1500 each day this week, with two nights being around 1300 and one about 1000 (my cereal all day by accident day) and the other two probably hovering around 1450. whereas during the regular weeks it''s a struggle for me to not go over 1500. so if nothing else, just doing that helps with weight gain/loss etc. which is why i might not mind doing it during the TTOTM week when my cravings would probably get me way over 1500 if i let them!!

i''m so proud of everyone, we have done so well this week!! no REAL defectors (that we know of, did TG check in yesterday? keep an eye on that one! hehee)....a few small splurges...or modifications but overall positive seeming results. if nothing else we all know we need to eat more fruits and veggies! hehe. have a great day gals and CONGRATS on 5 days!!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
welcome newbies!

Even though I did the detox for 2 weeks straigh.. whew thank goodness it is done.. i lost 7 lbs....

and I think it would be good to keep this thread going, because even though i am not going to be in total detox any longer, i have certainly adapted new healthy eating habits... this way we can still encourage each other, share different tips and recipes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results