shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Detox Diet Thread August 28-September 1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 11:32:15 PM
Author: Mara

ETA: i see TG updated while i was posting, girl stay away from the chili with the cheese!!!! GIRL, if i can forgo a chocolate cupcake at work, you can pass by the chili cheese for 5 days!!!
5.gif

OK...I will be stronger...I have all the ingredients for the tofu scramble and will make that tomorrow. Congrats on completing a good full day!

(*sniff sniff*...chiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...........)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 11:49:03 PM
Author: Miranda
I totally need to do this! It seems like everything I eat gives me gas or a gut ache or acne. I do have to ask...How hungry are you all???
I''m totally stuffed and feel full...must have been that chili that put me over the edge.
9.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been detoxing with the Isagenix system for 2 months. Lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks. Feel better than I have ever felt. Don''t crave the sweets, carbs, and other junk food I was addicted to. I am a new me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats matata, 30lbs is a lot! what is the isagenix system??

miranda...because it''s not like you are only allotted a certain # of calories or anything per day...you don''t feel hungry. you can have as many fruits or veggies as you want kinda thing. you are supposed to limit rice and similar carb items...but the fruits and veggies are a free for all. right now i feel pretty full, just like when we eat regular dinner.

we''re only doing this for 5 days!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, what is Isagenix? Is that the colon-cleanse type thing?

OK, I was totally starving by the time I got home yesterday. I will have to eat more for lunch today, I think. I made brown rice last night so I will throw some of that in with lunch today...last night''s leftover grilled veggies. This morning I am having 1/3 of a canteloupe and a slice of watermelon (didn''t get around to cutting everything into cubes last night for Beanie''s melon medley), and black coffee, because I unfortunately can''t live without it. (Yesterday I didn''t have ANY, and let me just tell you I''ve had better days, lol).

I think tonight we will try the eggplant...I actually found another recipe with zuchinni and sweet red peppers I might try to incorporate so it''s not just eggplant. I think rice will be ok with it, the plain brown rice I have kind of absorbs other flavors.

All in all I feel pretty good, I am anxious to see how the rest of the week goes. I wonder whether I''ll be craving the "bad" stuff terribly by the end of the week or if I won''t be as interested in it? I guess we shall see...
9.gif
Hope everyone''s doing well today--we can do this!!!
36.gif
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
how is soy cheese? is it on the diet?

for breakfast i had an apple with a bit of PB. yum. as i ate it all i kept thinking is why don''t i normally eat this?! i know i LIKE it?!
FI ate a mango and a banana. he''s really sticking to it with me. he keeps asking questions like is this ok? is this not? too cute.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JCrow, I think soy products are fine. The book was pretty restrictive (in fact, if you check one of the August workout threads I think there are lists of what''s ok and what''s not in there), so we kind of decided to adapt the "diet" to a less restrictive one...still keeping in mind that we are trying to eat only natural, unprocessed foods. The book recommended rice mainly because it is easy on the digestive system, and because some people are allergic to gluten, or wheat products.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i figure if tofu is okay then soy cheese is probably okay too...but i''m not sure i''m brave enough to try it..hehee.

well so beginning of day two...i feel REALLY TIRED this morning but i think that''s just because it''s TTOTM where i typically feel drained anyway, and not because of the diet or anything...i was hungry last nite before we went to bed which surprised me, so i drank like a 1/2 glass of vanilla soy milk. i don''t know if i was hungry because the meal was so easy for my body to digest or if i didn''t eat enough (which would surprise me since i thought i ate a lot!!!) or what.

so this morning i am having my cup of honey puffed kashi and 1/2 a nectarine chopped up inside it with plain soymilk (the whole thing is quite yummy)...and then evil COFFEE with vanilla soymilk and no sugar.

for lunch today i''m thinking of doing the brown rice cake with PB on it again (loved it yesterday and it kept me full for a few hours) and a nectarine or banana and maybe some almonds. i''m going to try to keep calorie count a little lower today, i think i got a little crazy yesteray between the PB, nuts and granola. i think i was still under where i wanted to be but for what i actually ATE as in consumed, i thought it should be less.

dinner i don''t know yet but maybe something like a red beans and rice would be fun and simple yet tasty. i also still have 1/2 the tofu pack left so figure i''ll make another tofu dish like tomorrow or thurs.

hang in there ladies...if we made it one day we can make it five, no problem!!!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
There are some tasty sounding thing on here! I wasn''t getting hungry until i read this thread!

glad to hear you liked the melon idea monarch64! I really fills me up, i wonder if it has to do with all the water in the watermelon.

today i am stocked with an apple, some carrots, orange, cucumbers, baby spinach... and i am not sure what we will have tonight for dinner.. that is still up in the air.. mmmmmmmmmmmmm ideas anyone???

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ladies!! I did something similar to this last summer into early this year and felt amazing. The version I used is called the Raw Food Detox Diet. And like you all, I did the modified version. We did more of a "combining" diet where we could only eat certain foods w/ other types of foods. I limited the amount of meat I ate (only at dinner, and only w/ a small salad on the side), and only had fruits & veges during the day.

One suggestion that I''ve kept to is juicing. We do it about 45 min. before dinner so I''m more full and eat less during that meal. We do a mix of fruits (apples, lemons and limes) and veges (collards, kale, romaine). The fruits REALLY cut the vege flavor so its AWESOME to drink and is SOOOO good for you.

I will definitely keep an eye on this thread to see how it goes...it''s making me consider returning to that diet.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so lunch..i forgot i had picked up a small pack of fresh tabouleh yesterday at WF...it''s a pre-pak and i checked ingredients and it just has bulghar wheat, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, mint, lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil. it''s not salty so i figure salt is minimal and it''s really yummy. so i may get another one today and have it for lunch tomorrow too. it''s 1/3 of a lb so about 5ish oz? and i''m having a nectarine.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am now convinced that tabouleh is the food from the Gods because I looked a recipe up online and what I ate for lunch (5oz total) was basically about 150 calories and 1g of fat. Plus I''m sure some fiber from the wheat. And that 5oz and a nectarine made me feel full AND fueled my workout 2 hours after I ate it!!! And I wasn''t starving or lightheaded when done at all. Amazing!!!

I plan to head back to WF tomorrow and buy a big trough of it. Maybe I can survive on tabouleh alone?!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
tabouleh: did you make it from scratch or buy it prepared?

for dinner FI and I had each a half of a cucumber with seseame seeds and light soy sauce, followed by boiled brocelli and smothered onions. yum. and filling!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got it prepared from WF....making it is a pain as everything has to be diced finely!

WF lists all their ingredients on their daily fresh pre-paks and it looked like everything i was allowed to have (except a bit of salt) so i said why not! and YUM. wonder food.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
frick. too bad there''s no WF in my town. there''s one an hour away. i''ll have to remind myself to pick some up next time i go.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys--I have a salad dressing suggestion: mix olive oil, garlic, lime juice (I tried it with lemon and didn''t like it much) and if you like spicy, some red pepper. I don''t have exact proportions for you--I just kind of mix and adjust as necessary--but about two parts juice to one of oil is a good starting point. It''s better if you mix it ahead of time, of course. Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch, TG...anyone else out there??!? earth to detoxers, are you gals still alive??

tonite we made the 'primo pasta' which turned out kind of like a minestrone soup...greg LOVED it...hehee. it was a tiny bit bland for me but good actually...one thing greg mentioned was that with these more natural kind of eating that he notices he is tasting the flavors of the ingredients themselves more than seasonings or salt etc. kinda interesting!

however, i am SOOO craving something sweet. i had a 1/2 nectarine and a full banana after dinner but i'm DYING for some chocolate or something. hehee. so far have managed to resist. greg is monitoring me..he's totally cracking me up. i went into the frdige to get a nectarine and he's like what are you getting?!. hehee.

i updated the WWT as well but i got on the scale at the gym today and i lost three pounds!!!!! this is a huge accomplishment for me since the scale was not budging for MONTHS even after ratcheting up workouts etc. so i am really jazzed! i figured the one day of detox probably didn't have much to do with it, it was probably cumulative workouts catching up to me or something...but i'll take it any way i can get it! i hope this means the scale won't be so stubborn now!!

anyhow...just three more days. hehee. I CAN DO IT!!! how is everyone else doing!

oh and thanks christa for your salad dressing suggestions, i was thinking of making a salad tonite with that but we didn't have to as the pasta stuff was so filling. so i figure tomorrow for lunch i'll have salad.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 1:12:45 AM
Author: Mara
monarch, TG...anyone else out there??!? earth to detoxers, are you gals still alive??
*gasp* help me...I''m dying..............

OK, just kidding. I''m hanging in there. Leaving for a biz trip tomorrow hence not too much posting, and couldn''t work out today either. Wah. But had melon today for brekky, then frozen grapes throughout the day. They keep my mouth busy and taste so good! I''ve OD on frozen grapes. My body may take on the shape of a grape.
6.gif
Dinner was veggie stir fry and brown rice again.

Not sure if I can manage the next two days on the road, but will try to stay as true as possible...

And congrats on the 3 pounds...that is most excellent!!!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep going gals, nearly there now!
35.gif
This plan doesn''t sound as horrendous as I thought it would be actually!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 4:13:23 AM
Author: Lorelei
Keep going gals, nearly there now!
35.gif
This plan doesn''t sound as horrendous as I thought it would be actually!
i know! kinda want to do it longer!! what''s even more amazing is that the food tastes GOOD! and filling!! it''s win win!!

i mentioned to FI that maybe we should do this one week a month or something. he said he''d rather eat better all the time... so that''s good.

this morning i had a banana with PB...SO yummy!!! seriously, i need to start eating fruits more! i like them, i just don''t eat them. stupid i know!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where does the plan come from, did Monnie say it came from a book of hers? I am getting more interested in it now and am considering it, except I can''t stand brown rice
32.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mara, wonder if you could do organic chocolate for you fix? what am i saying? you are doing good avoiding it....

i have been drinking more water. i love water, just never drank much of anything. i mean when i am thirsty i drink water, say with a meal or whatever, but i know i should be drinking more. so now with the pom glass filled on my desk- water''s there so i tend to drink it.

how is everyone feeling?? notice a difference??

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 10:20:31 AM
Where does the plan come from, did Monnie say it came from a book of hers? I am getting more interested in it now and am considering it, except I can''t stand brown rice
32.gif
yes, a book called "The 7-Day Detox Miracle." you can read more about it on the first post of this thread.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2006 10:23:14 AM
Author: jcrow

32.gif
yes, a book called ''The 7-Day Detox Miracle.'' you can read more about it on the first post of this thread.
5.gif
I am a nit - I always miss crucial things! Thanks Miss Crow!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! Sorry for abandoning the thread last night...I took a little nappie when I got home from running errands after work and didn''t eat dinner until 8:30 last night! The weather here is drizzly, gloomy, and a bit chilly--67 degrees yesterday was our high temp--perfect napping weather, if you ask me.
9.gif

Dinner last night was a portabello mushroom sauteed in EVOO and garlic, some steamed spinach with lemon and a little S & P, and some leftover new potatoes with lemon and chives. It was SO good. Unfortunately, I hit a bump in the detox road last night...(that''s what I get for taking a nap after work) I was kidnapped by whole wheat cinnamon/raisin toast monster and forced to eat some at midnight!
6.gif
At least he didn''t make me use butter, whew. And it WAS whole wheat, so I don''t feel too terrible about it.

Breakfast was coffee, 8 oz. guava juice, and a little canteloupe. Lunch I haven''t figured out yet, but DH wants to make eggplant (half parmiagiana for himself, half basted in EVOO and garlic and grilled for moi), and I will figure out what to serve with it later...I''m stopping by TJ''s after work to pick up some natural PB to go on rice cakes and celery--I need sweet/crunchy munchies!

Oh, there''s an article on MSN (couldn''t get the link to work) about protein and how much is enough today. It says for vegetarians (or detoxers, in our case), that to get "complete" proteins on a diet such as this, you need to combine certain plant proteins, like rice and beans, PB and rice cakes (see Mara, you''re on the right track!), and hummus (chickpeas and sesame oil). It said 50 g. is the right amount for a 120 lb. person, and that most people get more than the needed amount anyway. So that was good to know.

Hope everyone''s hanging in there and having a wonderful day!
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 10:27:33 AM
Author: monarch64
Good morning! Sorry for abandoning the thread last night...I took a little nappie when I got home from running errands after work and didn''t eat dinner until 8:30 last night! The weather here is drizzly, gloomy, and a bit chilly--67 degrees yesterday was our high temp--perfect napping weather, if you ask me.
9.gif

Dinner last night was a portabello mushroom sauteed in EVOO and garlic, some steamed spinach with lemon and a little S & P, and some leftover new potatoes with lemon and chives. It was SO good. Unfortunately, I hit a bump in the detox road last night...(that''s what I get for taking a nap after work) I was kidnapped by whole wheat cinnamon/raisin toast monster and forced to eat some at midnight!
6.gif
At least he didn''t make me use butter, whew. And it WAS whole wheat, so I don''t feel too terrible about it.

Breakfast was coffee, 8 oz. guava juice, and a little canteloupe. Lunch I haven''t figured out yet, but DH wants to make eggplant (half parmiagiana for himself, half basted in EVOO and garlic and grilled for moi), and I will figure out what to serve with it later...I''m stopping by TJ''s after work to pick up some natural PB to go on rice cakes and celery--I need sweet/crunchy munchies!

Oh, there''s an article on MSN (couldn''t get the link to work) about protein and how much is enough today. It says for vegetarians (or detoxers, in our case), that to get ''complete'' proteins on a diet such as this, you need to combine certain plant proteins, like rice and beans, PB and rice cakes (see Mara, you''re on the right track!), and hummus (chickpeas and sesame oil). It said 50 g. is the right amount for a 120 lb. person, and that most people get more than the needed amount anyway. So that was good to know.

Hope everyone''s hanging in there and having a wonderful day!
35.gif
OMG! that''s what i need to eat tonight! it sounds SOOO good! yum!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
32.gif
Lorelei, you can have basmati or jasmine rice also...unless you just can''t stand anything other than white rice.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually lorelei...i thought i didnt like brown rice either but i had some brown jasmine rice the other night and it was REALLY flavorful. i am really surprised at how flavorful these rice are. and the brown rice cakes were yummy too!! i actually didn't want big goops of PB on it, because it was obstructing my flavor buds...so i just put a bit on so i could taste both the brown rice and PB. random huh.

so this morning i did kashi and nectarine in soy milk again (which actually is REALLY yummy since it's just a tiny bit sweet and i need that right now!) and coffee with soy milk...and you know what, i actually am starting to like the no sugar thing in the coffee. that would be huge for me since i am a total sugar whore and i probably put like 4-5 teaspoons in each morning to make it sweet enough for me. its probably better for me to drink the soy milk sugars than white granulated for processing purposes.

lunch i am going to try to get some more tabouleh at WF, but if that fails i think i will be home for lunch so i may just do another bowl of kashi and a nectarine again. i am going to to work out tonite and then...here is where i'm going to adapt the diet a bit again, i'm going to get sushi afterwards, either eat in if my girlfriend goes to class with me or takeout for just greg and i to eat at home. i figure i can eat a little fish after my workout to give my body something other than beans and rice for a night. i was definitely feeling 'meat' withdrawal last nite, my body seems to be processing these other things faster and so i get hungrier after eating dinner...which typically i don't. so anyway i figure i'll do like one veggie roll and then one spicy tuna roll or something. no avocado or anything like that. just veggies and/or some tuna. and it's got white rice so that's good. and i'll sparingly use soy sauce, and just the light sodium kind. i don't really douse them in soy anyway typically. so that's my splurge for tonite hopefully, i'm SO looking fwd to it...hehee. i do like the diet but it is limiting for us who always tend to eat some sort of meat or protein. i love the extra fruits and veggies part for sure, but i wish i could throw in a big slab of steak. hehee.

anyway you gals are doing FABULOUSLY...i am so proud of us!
36.gif
and i love how the men are doing it too with us, our darling hubbies. it cracks me up because the first night greg came home and he's like oh are we going to STARVE now that we're doing this weird diet. i was like no silly, you can have volume...just healthy stuff. but each night after his dinner he's had a neopolitan ice cream sandwich which cracks me up.
5.gif

OH and this is funny, last nite i had a dream that i ate a bagel with cream cheese and didn't realize til afterwards that it had cream cheese which has dairy on it. i was all horrified in the dream....nooooooo i just blew my detox!!!! kinda funny anyway.
9.gif
i woke up all relieved that was not the case!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tips, Mara and Monnie!

Funnily enough, I tried brown rice again a few weeks ago as Hubby wanted to try it. It tasted the same as I remembered - like metal and bitter, totally disgusting
23.gif

I will have a look out for the other types of rice and try them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results