shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy, 2 year old male Ragdoll in Toronto area needs a home!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It''s ok...You guys can say it *sob*. Leo is illegitimate. Maybe that''s why he wakes me up so often at night. He is crying out for his father''s love!

I sure hope Chili''s mom can keep him. He looks like a love.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hehe Lynn and Miranda - you guys are so funny. Poor Leo, having to be illegitimate
20.gif
2.gif
3.gif

I'd say just give it time. My DH never wanted/liked cats before we met. He's actually even allergic to them (so am I, for that matter). But here we are, almost 5.5 years later, and he WORSHIPS our kitties - baby talk, snuggles, the whole nine yards...

Icekid - fingers crossed your DH comes around just in case Chloe can't keep sweet Chili - he is such a gorgeous boy. And, um, if you get, um, a chance, could we pretty pretty please see pics of your Shiba??
12.gif
I ADORE Shibas - I think they are absolutely beautiful dogs - we used to see a lot of them because my mom bred and showed Akitas, and the Akita and Shiba people always seemed to end up near each other at shows and events.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a potential new home for Chili and have emailed his owner about the possibility. I showed the thread to one of my staff members yesterday because I was seriously considering adopting Chili and he fell head-over-heels just looking at Chili''s pics. After he heard Chili''s story, he turned into a puddle of mush; talked it over with his partner last night and they are really hoping it works out. If it does, Chili will be king of the castle, well loved, indulged, spoiled, and after time for adjustment to a new home, happy.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 11:05:27 AM
Author: Matata
I have a potential new home for Chili and have emailed his owner about the possibility. I showed the thread to one of my staff members yesterday because I was seriously considering adopting Chili and he fell head-over-heels just looking at Chili''s pics. After he heard Chili''s story, he turned into a puddle of mush; talked it over with his partner last night and they are really hoping it works out. If it does, Chili will be king of the castle, well loved, indulged, spoiled, and after time for adjustment to a new home, happy.
OH MATATA!!!! I actually got misty-eyed reading your post! I AM SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t wait to hear once he and Chloe connect! Oh, she will be soooooooooo thrilled! (BTW, I do know that she is a nurse, likely with those long, crazy and unpredictable nurse''s hours... so please tell your friend not to be discouraged if he doesn''t hear back from her right away! I KNOW she will get back to him as soon as she gets a chance to check her e-mail.)

Oh Matata, you are wonderful! And even if this doesn''t work out (
39.gif
) THANK YOU for caring enough to try.

Please keep us posted!!! Oh, *fingers crossed*!

XOXOXO!
Lynn

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Matata, I SO hope this works out for your friend and for poor Chili!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have one more picture of Chili, I will post it here. Isn't he so HANDSOME?!
30.gif

Oh! I am absolutely DYYYYYYYING waiting for news once Matata (or her friend) and Chloe connect! (I'm not very good in the "patiently waiting..." department!
20.gif
2.gif
1.gif
)

ChiliPepperI.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been folllowing this thread since the beginning. If I was in the NE, I would have been first on the list to adopt him!

I hope Matata''s friend works out!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 3:07:11 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''ve been folllowing this thread since the beginning. If I was in the NE, I would have been first on the list to adopt him!

I hope Matata''s friend works out!
Awww, Lauren, what a sweet post!

I''m tellin'' ya, I have such FAITH in us PS''ers... I just know that we are gonna find that sweet boy a wonderful new home!

*I FEEEEEELS IT!*
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chili''s mom emailed me and said she''ll make contact with Jon about adopting Chili. I just told Jon and he is now pacing the floor like an expectant father. If she doesn''t contact him soon he is going to explode. The rest of my staff are in a frenzy about becoming Chili''s aunties so I really hope this works out cause lots of folks will be hurt if it doesn''t. I ain''t getting any more work out them today so I think I''ll send them home to start their holiday early. I''ll be out of town until Tuesday so Lynn, please update folks if you hear any good news before I do.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 4:54:10 PM
Chili's mom emailed me and said she'll make contact with Jon about adopting Chili. I just told Jon and he is now pacing the floor like an expectant father. If she doesn't contact him soon he is going to explode. The rest of my staff are in a frenzy about becoming Chili's aunties so I really hope this works out cause lots of folks will be hurt if it doesn't. I ain't getting any more work out them today so I think I'll send them home to start their holiday early. I'll be out of town until Tuesday so Lynn, please update folks if you hear any good news before I do.
Oh Matata, thank you for the update!
36.gif
I am sooooooo happy that Jon is so excited! Wow, this is just MAKING MY DAY, believe me!

Your description of Jon and your staff's reactions made me smile out loud.
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Good for you for sending them home early!

Oh, BTW, I keep meaning to ask -- are you guys in Toronto?

If I hear anything from Chloe, I will most definitely post it here. And have a great time, wherever you are going this weekend! And THANK YOU again for all your help with this! *HUGS!*

(And Jon, if you are reading this, big bear *HUGS!* to YOU, too!)

Lynn

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''re in Oregon so Chili may have to take a plane ride. She has emailed Jon and they are beginning their discussions. I''ll ask Jon to call me if he hears anything before I leave town and I''ll post updates. I''m hoping that we''ll be able to post pics of Chili & his extended family soon. I know how painful this is for Chili''s mom so I won''t use the term "new family" cause she''ll always be his mom.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
That last pic of Chili looks like it should be captioned "of course they want me...I''m so handsome that people all over the country are lining up"
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 6:35:13 PM
Author: purrfectpear
That last pic of Chili looks like it should be captioned ''of course they want me...I''m so handsome that people all over the country are lining up''
9.gif
No joke...he''s so stunning I''m bummed I couldn''t take him!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I.Love.Him.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Have I mentioned lately that ALL YOU GUYS are wonderful?!!! Seriously, I just *knew* I could find Chili a new home here!

Isn''t it ironic that the RAGDOLL forum couldn''t do it, but a DIAMOND FORUM could?! It''s because of YOU GUYS, every one of you. Thank you for being the special, wonderful people that you are. xoxoxo

Matata,
Thank you for the update. I''m so glad that Chloe and Jon have made contact. I''m sure I speak for all of us when I say that we''re eagerly looking forward to hearing more and seeing pictures. THANK YOU for helping to make this happen.

Honestly, I am so deeply touched by this thread!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Chili''s mom emailed me and said she''ll make contact with Jon about adopting Chili. I just told Jon and he is now pacing the floor like an expectant father. If she doesn''t contact him soon he is going to explode. The rest of my staff are in a frenzy about becoming Chili''s aunties so I really hope this works out cause lots of folks will be hurt if it doesn''t. I ain''t getting any more work out them today so I think I''ll send them home to start their holiday early. I''ll be out of town until Tuesday so Lynn, please update folks if you hear any good news before I do.
aww, I hope everything works out for Jon. It sounds like he would provide a fantastic home for Chili.

My hubby is (was) getting closer, but still a reluctant. I think it''s mostly b/c we are moving right now, and then moving again next June too and he would prefer to wait til next summer when we''ll be settled in once place for a few years. Doesn''t stop me from trying though
11.gif
I was so excited about getting a ragdoll though after all the reading up I''ve done! oh well... the right one will come along, I''m sure.

AmberGretchen- I''ll definitely post some pictures of our shiba. She is a beauty, a former show dog. Should I start a new thread? There was one for her a few years ago when we got her. I don''t want to take over this threadjack our lovely Chili''s thread.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Icekid, keep that French Maid's uniform on a little longer
31.gif
, I like the idea of a back-up plan!!! Just. In. Case. 'Cause you never know!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 3:00:18 PM
Author: Lynn B
I have one more picture of Chili, I will post it here. Isn't he so HANDSOME?!
30.gif
OH THANK GOD HE'S GOT A HOME.
36.gif

I didn't post, but John and I were going talking about offering to adopt him from CALIFORNIA. Seriously. We didn't know if we could do it, but when you said the owner was desperate... he looks like such an absolute love I had to see if we could if he didn't have a home by next week.

Of course, now that I've opened the door and Chili is settled, there is a cat at John's work (has an owner, John just doesn't feel they are up to snuff) that he wants us to consider bringing home-- and bribing away from the owners. This is why we avoid Pet Smart on weekends.

I am the crazy cat lady. He SAYS he doesn't want 7 the way I do (eventually, when we have space)... but he's lying.
27.gif

What he doesn't know is that I am too. I actually want as many as I can have, and still have them socialized and healthy in the space we have.

Of course I'm typing this as I struggle with RAGING allegies to my existing cats (they are worse in the spring when I'm allergic to everything else too) because I forgot my allergy medication today. And of course Hally keeps coming around, and I pet her... and I rub my eyes. I love cats. Off to take some emergency Benadryl. I look like a demon frog my eyes are so swollen and red.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, you''re such a love! Thank you for the sweet, heart-warming post. xoxox!

I am so excited, and I hope/hope/hope that it works out for Chili and Jon, but I know I won''t truly *rest* until it is a done deal; signed, sealed and delivered!

I hope we get another update soon.

Keeping fingers crossed...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just crazy Lynn. Just cat crazy... besides you''d have to have a heart of stone not to be moved, especially with those pics you were posting.

When I first told John about him, and the fact that he''s in Canada John says, "So we''re importing cats now? What''s the matter American rescues aren''t good enough for you anymore!"

I can''t wait for the next update either (or for the Benadryl to kick in, truth to tell). I hope it''s smooth sailing from here to OR and to his new home.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
any update, Matata (or Lynn B)? If Jon cannot take him for some reason, I think my hubby is ready for him. All I had to do was tell him the other option was to get a child instead
9.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If he was in the UK, I would have taken him!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 9:50:07 PM
Author: icekid

aww, I hope everything works out for Jon. It sounds like he would provide a fantastic home for Chili.

My hubby is (was) getting closer, but still a reluctant. I think it''s mostly b/c we are moving right now, and then moving again next June too and he would prefer to wait til next summer when we''ll be settled in once place for a few years. Doesn''t stop me from trying though
11.gif
I was so excited about getting a ragdoll though after all the reading up I''ve done! oh well... the right one will come along, I''m sure.

AmberGretchen- I''ll definitely post some pictures of our shiba. She is a beauty, a former show dog. Should I start a new thread? There was one for her a few years ago when we got her. I don''t want to take over this threadjack our lovely Chili''s thread.

Icekid - I totally think you should start a separate post about your shiba - I can''t wait to see pics!

Also can''t wait for an update on Jon and Chili - he really is an incredibly beautiful cat
30.gif

Gypsy - you''re so funny. Somehow I''m not seeing talking J into letting me be the crazy cat lady, but you never know. Of course, he also swore we would never have any, and then that we would never have three...
27.gif
11.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear things are looking up for kitty. if we didn''t already have three cats and a human child I wouldn''t have minded another.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
I agree! If he''d been in Europe, we''d have happily taken him in - what a beautiful kitty. He sounds like such a darling too.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 9:15:40 AM
Author: icekid
any update, Matata (or Lynn B)? If Jon cannot take him for some reason, I think my hubby is ready for him. All I had to do was tell him the other option was to get a child instead
9.gif
2.gif

Oh Icekid! THANK YOU! What great news! Give your hubby a big *hug!* for me!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

OK, here's the update... this is the note I got from Chloe yesterday (copied and pasted):

I haven't spoken to Jon yet! I'll let you know as soon as I have, but if he's as nice as I'm told, then yes...Chili-Kat has a new home!

I *believe* they have been in touch via e-mail, but not yet via telephone, which I sense is something that is important to Chloe. But it is looking goooooooooooooood, and I am so excited. And we even have a back-up plan, thanks to Icekid! Atta girl!
12.gif

I also had to smile when Chloe called him Chili-Kat, we OFTEN call Boo "BooKat"!
30.gif

Well, I know it's not 100000% sure yet, but it looks to me like it's all going to work out. YAY!

Sooooooo... thank you Matata, thank you Jon (*BIG HUG!*), thank you Icekid... and thank you ALL for being so wonderful and supportive! And Boo sends head bonks in thanks, too... he was quite sad when Chili didn't have a new home yet!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Ice Princess

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Chloe here.......First of all, I want to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart (Lynn especially) for helping me find a home for my Chili boy.

This has been very difficult for me, but I could not imagine a better bunch of people and I know my boy will be in the best of hands.

Now, just to clairfy, I''m moving into an "older" condo where they don''t allow pets. Many newer condos do permit pets, even when you "own" as oppose to "rent", however, I went for an older building with more space for myself and family as opposed to cramming into a smaller home where it would be very tight. I hope this doesn''t make me a bad person.
8.gif

Honestly, when I got my boy, I never ever dreamed that I would have to re-home him. I''ve had 2 stray cats when I was younger who never left my side until they passed away........this is tearing me apart, but knowing that Chili is going to an amazing home makes this a lot easier.

I''ve poked around here and this is an amazing forum!!! I''m also looking for a ring, so if anyone has any advice, please feel free to share!!!! Perhaps this isn''t the appropriate thread!

Anyways, nice to meet you all! You are all wonderful people
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 1:10:30 AM
Author: Ice Princess
Hi Everyone!

Chloe here.......First of all, I want to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart (Lynn especially) for helping me find a home for my Chili boy.

This has been very difficult for me, but I could not imagine a better bunch of people and I know my boy will be in the best of hands.
aw, Chili''s mom! How nice of you to check in with us. Thanks for letting us know that your gorgeous boy will be well taken care of. I can''t imagine how tough it must be to give him up even still though.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
CHLOE!!! Sooooooooo good to *see* you posting on PS!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

But beware! It's quite addictive around here, now that you have found (and entered) THE DARK SIDE, there's no turning back!!!! (*Insert spooky music here!*)
31.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Seriously, it was so nice to see your post. And I am so happy that sweet Chili-Kat
2.gif
has found a new, wonderful, forever home. We all know that you would have kept him if you at all could have, and we know how painful and difficult the decision to re-home him was... but I know I speak for all of us when I say we are so happy that he is going to a home that you can feel good about. And making another couple happy, new proud *parents* of that wonderful boy is something you can feel good about, too!

I'm tellin' you, the people in this place (PS) are amazing! When it seemed clear that no one on RC was going to able to find him a home, I just *knew* that I had to try here. The people here never cease to amaze me with their thoughtfulness, generosity, compassion and kindness.

So, welcome, Chloe! Now... let's talk DIAMONDS!!!
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chloe, welcome to PS. Nice to see you here! I am sorry that you have to give up Chili - I can imagine how painful it must be for you but it does make things better to know that Chili will go to a good home. Matata is a serious cat lover and anyone she deems a suitable parent I''m sure will be.
emlove.gif
emcat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results