shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy, 2 year old male Ragdoll in Toronto area needs a home!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Are any of our cat people from the Toronto area? There's a 2 year old Ragdoll that needs rehomed. Owner says she is moving into a condo and apparently can't take him with her. I can't imagine having to give up Boo!!!
39.gif

Wouldn't it be awesome if a PS'er could give him a wonderful new home?

Link here

Thanks,
Lynn

ETA: Also looks like there's 2 Raggies in Houston and one in Norfolk that also need homes.
Norfolk
Houston

*sigh*

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I hope a PSer gets him! Honestly, stuff like that makes me kind of mad. I would never move somewhere that I couldn''t take my pets. They''re family members and deserve to be treated as such. I''ve heard so many stories like this with both cats and dogs. A friend of mine just got another Australian cattle herder dog (she already has 1) off of Craigslist because her owner was moving into an apartment and she couldn''t have dogs there. Don''t move somewhere your pets aren''t welcome, you know?! Alright, off of soapbox starting now.

If I lived near Toronto I would probably have to get him because I just cannot resist a kitty in need...but I don''t live anywhere near there. I guess it''s a good thing because I already have 3 kitties, so 1 more might put me into crazy cat lady territory! I hope someone will give him a good home soon, though.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 12:14:18 AM
Author: thing2of2
= I guess it''s a good thing because I already have 3 kitties, so 1 more might put me into crazy cat lady territory! I hope someone will give him a good home soon, though.
I already have two kitties and I thought the same thing! lol. Sad, because I live in Houston. I''ll have to ask around to see if anyone is interested. The thing with the Houston kitties is that the people want them to go as a pair...that makes it hard, although I have bought a pair of cats before.

I hope they find a good home!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 1:19:01 AM
Author: luckystar112

= I guess it''s a good thing because I already have 3 kitties, so 1 more might put me into crazy cat lady territory! I hope someone will give him a good home soon, though.

I already have two kitties and I thought the same thing! lol. Sad, because I live in Houston. I''ll have to ask around to see if anyone is interested. The thing with the Houston kitties is that the people want them to go as a pair...that makes it hard, although I have bought a pair of cats before.

Are you calling me a crazy cat lady?!!! Well, I pretty much am one, so I guess I can''t be too mad!
5.gif
I like to tell myself that since I''m engaged and living in sin, I can''t really be a cat lady!
9.gif

I hope one of your friends wants two kitties!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG what a beautiful kitty those eyes are just amazing.

I hope the poor little mite finds a good home soon, I could not imagine ever giving up one of my kitties ever.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I hope a PSer gets him! Honestly, stuff like that makes me kind of mad. I would never move somewhere that I couldn''t take my pets.
I have to say I don''t understand this either! People are weird. My parents do live nearby in Buffalo... I wonder how tough it is to have a pet cross the border, hehe. Such a pretty little guy!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I hope a PSer gets him! Honestly, stuff like that makes me kind of mad. I would never move somewhere that I couldn''t take my pets. They''re family members and deserve to be treated as such. I''ve heard so many stories like this with both cats and dogs. A friend of mine just got another Australian cattle herder dog (she already has 1) off of Craigslist because her owner was moving into an apartment and she couldn''t have dogs there. Don''t move somewhere your pets aren''t welcome, you know?! Alright, off of soapbox starting now.

If I lived near Toronto I would probably have to get him because I just cannot resist a kitty in need...but I don''t live anywhere near there. I guess it''s a good thing because I already have 3 kitties, so 1 more might put me into crazy cat lady territory! I hope someone will give him a good home soon, though.

It''s easier said than done. I had a lovely girly kitty that I lived with in US where the landlord knew about her and I just paid a pet deposit to have her in the apartment. When I moved to London I paid a small fortune to bring her with me but we aren''t supposed to have her with us. We looked high and low for a place we could afford that we could also have a kitty. We couldn''t find one. So we just lie to the landlord. When the inspection comes around every 3 months we put her and all her stuff in the car where the landlord can''t see her until the landlord leaves. If they were to find out that she lived here we''d lose our flat and wouldn''t get a good reference when trying to rent our next place. We can''t afford our own home right now.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh I see she has now posted a few photos...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

He''s so beautiful. I feel bad for his owner, it sounds like she is in a desperate situation. And the fact that she is willing to give him away FREE (to the right person or family) tells me that she just wants the best for him. What an awesome deal for someone who would like a(nother) cat.

Oh, I hopehopehope that some wonderful PS''er can take him!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Totally agree with those who say pets are family members. I sympathize with how hard it can be sometimes, and I know there are circumstances where it is just impossible, but I feel like far too many people simply treat their pets as disposable.

FYI Lynn, whatever else you do, can you post a note on those threads over on Ragdoll Central to tell them NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES to give the kitties away for free - you should ALWAYS charge at least a token adoption fee (like $25 even is enough, preferably more). Also, they should contact Ragdoll or other cat rescues - an average person is not at all qualified to screen people looking to adopt a pet to make sure they won''t do evil things to it or whatever. A good rescue should be willing to help them list the kitties on Petfinder, so they will get MUCH wider exposure, and should also be able to help them with screening those who want to adopt so that they know that their kitties are truly getting a good home.

I lost my registration info otherwise I''d post all this, but its really important information for these people to have, and I''m due at the shelter to help out with doggie training classes in 40 minutes...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh AG, I thought of that, too... and I do totally agree that asking SOME fee is always the best idea, but I get the impression that she is willing to let him go free ONLY to an active posting member of RC or someone that can be vouched for by a RC member. Along with her own screening, etc., of course. I know it's always a *risk*, sometimes more than others... but in this case, with those criteria above, I do see her point. Any of those people would truly be almost a guarantee that he would get a wonderful home.

BUT, still, as you advised, I will mention that on the RC forum.

Thank you, as always, for your input and excellent advice.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 2:09:42 AM
Date: 5/18/2008 1:19:01 AM

Author: luckystar112

Are you calling me a crazy cat lady?!!! Well, I pretty much am one, so I guess I can''t be too mad!
5.gif
I like to tell myself that since I''m engaged and living in sin, I can''t really be a cat lady!
9.gif

I hope one of your friends wants two kitties!
Oh no, I''m also living in sin, soon to be engaged, so I can''t be a crazy cat lady either even with my FIVE cats? You just ruined my all time dream!
39.gif
9.gif

Honestly though, if we had our own house I''d have more cats
3.gif
As it is right now though, I bring home another one I better be prepared to live in a box with 6 cats!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Still looking for a new home for this sweet boy. Anyone?!

His owner, Chloe, is willing to get him across the US border, and meet someone in Niagara Falls or Buffalo area, etc. She says he is a purebred, pedigreed Ragdoll; healthy, neutered, only 2 years old, and a typical Raggie -- loving, gentle and sweet. For the right person/family, the only charge would be for the vet visit needed (and the certificate of health) to get him into the US, likely less than $100, Canadian.

Chiliface.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Another...

ChiliPepperII.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 7:04:37 PM
Author: Lynn B
aww... I am tempted! And even better, I''ll be home in Buffalo in a week and a half. But my hubby is adamant about NO CATS! weirdo, I don''t think he realizes what a fun cat this would be. Perhaps I can work on my mom instead...
17.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 9:01:52 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 5/21/2008 7:04:37 PM
Author: Lynn B
aww... I am tempted! And even better, I'll be home in Buffalo in a week and a half. But my hubby is adamant about NO CATS! weirdo, I don't think he realizes what a fun cat this would be. Perhaps I can work on my mom instead...
17.gif
Oh Icekid! Please reconsider this! Chloe's e-mail address is in the post in the link of my first post above. I'm sure she'd be happy to work with you and meet you in Buffalo at your inconvenience!

OR work on your mom... your hubby... ANYONE! Just anything you can do to help this sweet angel get a happy forever home.

But one thing I can promise you -- once you have a Raggie, you will be hooked forever!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
They are such precious animals.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lynn,

I am still working on my man!! My mom would looove a kitty, but my dad says no. What is it with these guys ruining all of our fun?!?! I am sure my hub would end up loooooving him too. I think he just has this boy thing where he thinks dogs are more manly. And we DO already have a dog too (who likes cats!) so that is something we''d have to look into as well. If I can get my hubby leaning toward a potential yes soon, I will email Chloe...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 9:34:32 PM
Lynn,

I am still working on my man!! My mom would looove a kitty, but my dad says no. What is it with these guys ruining all of our fun?!?! I am sure my hub would end up loooooving him too. I think he just has this boy thing where he thinks dogs are more manly. And we DO already have a dog too (who likes cats!) so that is something we'd have to look into as well. If I can get my hubby leaning toward a potential yes soon, I will email Chloe...
*** Fingers, toes and eyes crossed!!! ***
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

BTW and FWIW, my husband is a total dog person, too, and he ADORES Boo! It's so sweet. I'll hear him talking and crooning to him and even singing to him!

And Ragdolls are generally a lot like dogs... very loyal, they will greet you at the door, follow you from room to room... and I believe Chloe even said that Chili FETCHES!!! Ragdolls have actually been called "doggies in kitty suits". Tell your hubby that!
12.gif

Well... just do whatever it takes, my dear! Use those feminine wiles!!!
31.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
oooh icekid, try your hardest! What a sweetie. I hope he finds a great home soon (at icekids house!!). Men are so funny about animals...I think they feel like they can''t like anything but golden retrievers and other big dogs!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Icekid - tell your DH how sexy you think it would be for him to want to save this sweet kitty from getting dropped in the shelter system
7.gif
(or worse
39.gif
). Men seem to respond really well when told something they do is sexy
2.gif
31.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Icekid, tell him this cat is bigger than most dogs! My hubby is Mr. Manly Man, too, and he looooves our Ragdoll. They are very man friendly kitties as they are not skittish or shy. I caught him kissing the cat once *gasp*! Of course he denied it. Even my dad and FIL play with Leo and seem excited to see him when they come over.

Ditto what AG said. Tell him you think it is just soooo sexy when men like cats...AND rescue them. What a hero he would be!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful kitty. I third the sentiment that pets are family members and there is no way in heck I''d stop till I found a place to live that accepted them. It seems like it''s harder in some areas, but there is no way I could give up my cats.

Icekid, try playing up the benefits of cats....ie. don''t have to be home at a certain time to let them out...can leave them for a few days at a time if necessary...things you can''t do with a dog!! And as for playing fetch...my cat does that.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
hehe, thanks for the suggestions, ladies. I am still working on him! We have a somewhat cat-like dog (a shiba inu) so I am telling him we need a "cat-dog" too. He''s been talking about another dog, but I think a ragdoll would make a lovely companion for our pooch. Since we already do have one dog, I can''t really sell him on the relative ease of a cat since we already have to take the dog out and such.

He has gone from NO to "thinking about it"....... will update!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Icekid, I'm pulling for you! And I agree with all the others above; you've gotten lots of good French Maid, er, I mean, workable, femininely PERSUASIVE ideas...
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I have been e-mailing a bit back and forth with Chloe, and she seems like a 4-star sweetheart, just stuck in a really lousy situation. She loves Chili so much, but just simply cannot take him with her to her new place. She would if she could, I know this is her only choice. And she is moving in July and running out of time quick. But believe me, she is agonizing over this, and all she wants is for him to find a wonderful home. Whomever gets Chili will not only be getting an awesome pet, they'll be offering Chloe peace of mind and helping her out from a really tough spot.

Oh, I hope I hope I hope that you can take him. He seems like such a wonderful boy. I know exactly what Miranda is talking about, my DH adores dogs... and the BIGGER the dog, the better. And they like him, too. The most snarly-est, nastiest, meanest dog will wag its tail at him and lay down for a belly rub. He's like a dog whisperer! But oh, you should see him with Boo... sheer adoration! (Mutual, I may add!)

ETA: WHOA! That's a REALLY BIG picture -- sorry! You'd think after what, four years around here, I'd have the posting-photos THANG figured out, wouldn't you?!
20.gif
OY!

Copy of DaddyandBoo.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cute photo! If only my cat and DH got along that well.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 9:39:10 PM
Author:Lynn B
Are any of our cat people from the Toronto area? There''s a 2 year old Ragdoll that needs rehomed. Owner says she is moving into a condo and apparently can''t take him with her. I can''t imagine having to give up Boo!!!
39.gif

Wouldn''t it be awesome if a PS''er could give him a wonderful new home?

Link here

Thanks,
Lynn

ETA: Also looks like there''s 2 Raggies in Houston and one in Norfolk that also need homes.
Norfolk
Houston

*sigh*
Hey Lynn - I am from Toronto but unfortunately my 20 year old cat can''t handle a roommate.

However, I hope Chloe knows that in Ontario, no-pet clauses in leases are not allowed, and even if she signed something that said that, it would be void anyways. Condo boards can have restrictions on the size of pets, but the same goes - they can''t ban them all together.

Just FYI in case she didn''t know that.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OMG Lynn! That pic is so cute! I love the file name, too! DH gets stubborn and draws the line at being Leo''s daddy. He says, "I''m not his daddy." I just don''t understand how he can deny his child *sobbing*!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 5:52:19 PM
Author: Miranda
OMG Lynn! That pic is so cute! I love the file name, too! DH gets stubborn and draws the line at being Leo''s daddy. He says, ''I''m not his daddy.'' I just don''t understand how he can deny his child *sobbing*!
Oh Miranda! I can''t understand it, either!!! Leo looks just LIKE him!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I''m *sobbing* with you!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Heehee!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 5:50:36 PM
Author: October2008bride
Hey Lynn - I am from Toronto but unfortunately my 20 year old cat can''t handle a roommate.

However, I hope Chloe knows that in Ontario, no-pet clauses in leases are not allowed, and even if she signed something that said that, it would be void anyways. Condo boards can have restrictions on the size of pets, but the same goes - they can''t ban them all together.

Just FYI in case she didn''t know that.
Really?! I certainly had no idea of this. I copied and pasted your post in an e-mail to Chloe. Thank you! This has the potential to change everything!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I will keep you guys posted!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 5:50:36 PM
Author: October2008bride
Hey Lynn - I am from Toronto but unfortunately my 20 year old cat can't handle a roommate.

However, I hope Chloe knows that in Ontario, no-pet clauses in leases are not allowed, and even if she signed something that said that, it would be void anyways. Condo boards can have restrictions on the size of pets, but the same goes - they can't ban them all together.

Just FYI in case she didn't know that.
Wow... that would be awesome for Chloe not to have to give up her boy! That's interesting that "no pets" is not allowed in Canada, definitely not the case in the States. But I'll keep working on my hubs just in case Chili still needs a home
1.gif

And Lynn, that picture of your husband and Boo is soo sweet. I know Scott would fall in love too given the chance (though I bet he would continue to deny it like Miranda's man)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 6:09:00 PM

Wow... that would be awesome for Chloe not to have to give up her boy! That''s interesting that ''no pets'' is not allowed in Canada, definitely not the case in the States. But I''ll keep working on my hubs just in case Chili still needs a home
1.gif

And Lynn, that picture of your husband and Boo is soo sweet. I know Scott would fall in love too given the chance (though I bet he would continue to deny it like Miranda''s man)
I know, wouldn''t that be great?!
Well, that''s certainly my first choice... Chloe getting to kee her boy; but I do like the idea of a back-up plan, too, just in case. So, Icekid, thanks for continuing to work on your guy!!! xoxoxo!

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results