shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th Sept till 14th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
We were in the 50’s today. I swear I am digging out my winter coat and fuzzy slippers. Aak!
We are heading out of town for the evening tomorrow then coming back Saturday. Marty is in a golf tournament Saturday morning. I am meeting my sister for some shopping starting at a jewelry store then finishing at a clothing store.
SanDiegoLady, I hope you finally got some sleep.
sleep_pillow.gif

DeeJay, woo hoo for smaller jeans fitting you.
thum12.gif
Isn’t it crazy how different sizes run between brands? I like to believe the smallest size is correct.
Skippy, woo hoo for your pants falling off.
congrats.gif
It is time to go shopping.
Panda, I am glad your bad week is over.
gaah.gif
Thanks for the kind words, I am not really worried I will continue on my path towards better health.
Steph, I really notice being hungry when I lose weight so maybe that is what is going on with you.
1237371yr8gunxuxm.gif
Thanks for the encouraging words about me.

Have a great evening.
Marcy
1237397y6kr97ild4.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous weather today and had a great 5K walk with my neighbour this morning; and again a shorter one with DH, tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy so glad I got outside today.

Hope everyone is well!

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome back, marcyc, Skippy, steph, something shiny and panda (and anyone else I missed)!

Skippy-I missed you too! I feel like I haven''t "seen" you around lately, either! School just started so I''ve been super busy and neglecting PS! The class is a Brazilian martial arts. It''s a lot of kicking and lunging and it hurts! There was another one tonight but I was so sore from the Tuesday class and soccer I couldn''t do it!

something shiny-I play lots of soccer, too! I play women''s outdoor on Sundays, coed indoor on Mondays and coed outdoor on Wednesdays. Hopefully I won''t get injured, though! Knock on wood!

I had a soccer game last night and we won 4-3! Woohoo! But it was cold and I don''t think that helped with my leg soreness...I could barely walk this morning when I woke up!

I''ve been eating okay...not the best, not the worst. That''s my next mission-to eat healthier and cook at home. But at least I''m exercising now, unlike the last month or so!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Quick check in before dinner. Worked, kidsat, worked out, came home, J is finishing up dinner. I loved being at the Y, I push myself harder at a gym than I do at home, I know this about myself but didn''t want to spend the money for just me; when J said his doctor encouraged him to start a formal exercise program I was like woohoo, he''ll exercise and i get to return to the gym, a double gift. I just did the elliptical tonight because of the time (we always eat dinner together and I wanted to be home at a reasonable hour) but am looknig forward to the machines...

He''s calling my name and I''m looking forward to eating too! I''m HUNGRY!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........

It was another looong day at work and somehow, I managed to hurt my back. Not badly (meaning I can still walk and stand up straight), but it was bothering me enough that I decided it would be wise to skip the gym tonight. I''ve got so much on my plate at work and I''m such a perfectionist that I''ve been feeling a bit stressed and stress is usually what causes my back to spasm. I''m sure it won''t last but a day, so I''ll take it easy for a couple days and I''m sure I''ll be back in the gym by the weekend. Charlie was off this evening, so we wound up meeting for dinner at our little diner and stopping off for a cup of coffee afterwards. It was nice to have dinner with him two nights in a row anyway. I feel badly about missing a workout, but I shouldn''t worry too much. I read an article in Men''s Health and Fitness that said if you lift weights you should try to avoid lifting for a couple of days regularly to allow your muscles to heal properly anyway.

Tomorrow is Friday.......YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAY!!!!!! I''m so ready for a couple days off and to be able to sleep in a bit. Charlie is off all day tomorrow, so we''ll be able to have our regular Friday night Sushi, FroYo and Coffee.

I''m sorry you had trouble sleeping Michelle.

Yay for loose fitting pants Skippy and DeeJay. Skippy, I had this image of you in the store with your hands full and your pants just falling down to your ankles - LOL. Maybe you should invest in some new ones soon?? And 1/2 pound is still great and you should be quite proud!! And you miss DeeJay......12 pounds?? You go girl!!

Steph, I''m thinking you''re hungry because you''re burning a lot of calories with your daily 3 mile runs. Heavy aerobic exercise takes fuel in the oven to keep the motor''s going. Did you see the amount of calories Michael Phelps consumes on a daily basis? He eats 12,000 calories a day because of all the energy he burns swimming. So, EAT and give yourself enough energy to keep up your running. OK??

I''m glad your hellish week is over Panda! You take care.......I guess you saw "da man" couldn''t make it to the gym tonight.....

Marcy, I think you and Marty should just pack up and move to Florida. 50''s for a high in September?? Sorry, that''s already too cold. If you lived here, Marty would be able to play golf all year long! And I''m sure you''d get used to being able to be outdoors all year long yoursef!!

I''m glad you had beautiful weather Sharon!!

Hey thing2of2.....I''m sorry you''re sore, but glad you got something positive out of the martial arts class.

Kimberly, I''m glad you enjoyed your workout at the gym. For me, the gym has been my savior!

Night night everyone.........Rod is off to bed........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I did nothing for a workout today! haha I am nervous because hubby and I are getting up early to ride bikes and he always kicks my butt! We have been married for 8 yrs but I get sort of competitive with him and don't want him to beat me; he always does though,grr! LOL I just have to suck it up! Anyone else get this way with their SO?
2.gif
3.gif

I made the Weight Watchers recipe for meat loaf and it was yummy, we had a side of peas and some rosemary potatoes! Hubby gave it 2 thumbs up. I have a friend coming over tomorrow night so I think we will grill shrimp and the following night we have a cocktail party. I am crossing my fingers I behave this weekend as far as calories go!!
6.gif
Everyone have a wonderful evening and may everyone sleep well!!!
24.gif

PANDA ~ I am dying to see more pictures of your pendant
3.gif
Maybe you posted them, will go look after this post! hehe Yay for being done, I am sorry you had a tough week! Hugs! The recipe was delicious; if you are interested I will post it. hehe I need to try your recipe too!

STEPH ~ I use to have your problem when I would do the power step aerobics class that lasted 1 hr 15 mins. You probably need to eat more like Rod says! I am sorry, figuring out what our bodies needs is frustrating!

DEE ~ are the almonds still calling you? hehe
27.gif

MARCY ~ wow, 50's is too cold, I sleep better though when it is cooler! Is it usually that cool?!?! You need to move to Florida, here I am considering moving to FL because I don't like the cold, I am such a wimp!!!
39.gif

SHARON~ wooo hooo for a great walk!!

THING2 ~ I love seeing your cute kitty avatar! Wow, you are probably in excellent shape, good for you!!! Good for you working hard in school!

KIMI~ yay for the gym, I work out hard too at the gym! hehe I think it is because I don't want to look slack in front of others, so it is good motivation! hehe

ROD ~ sorry honey about your back, I hope you take it easy! Don't work too hard. Hugs!!! Hope you heal soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We are getting a nice rain storm tonight.
1229646u2ypdh0e8n.gif

Sharon
, that is wonderful you had such a nice walk this morning.

Thing2of2
, woo hoo for winning the soccer game yesterday. I hope you get over being sore.
Kimi, I am glad to hear you are enjoying going to the gym.
arniesmile.gif

Skippy, congratulations on losing ½ pound.
cheerleader1.gif
I completely forgot to tell you that in my first post tonight.

Rod
, I hope your back feels better soon. That’s nice you got to spend the evening with Charlie tonight. I am sure Marty would be in moving to Florida. He’d love playing golf year round and I’d love the view of the ocean.
Skippy, have a great bike ride tomorrow.
bikebikebike.gif
You can beat him! Marty and I are pretty much that way too. I am glad to hear your meatloaf turned out good. Yummy. This is cool for September here. If we both move to Florida we can go hang out under the oak tree and have coffee with Rod and Charlie. Woo hoo!
I need to paint my nails
nails.gif
then I’m off to bed.
125420vuh9az127q.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, w/the bike emoticon! You can rock those emoties! hehe
9.gif
LOL thanks Miss Marcy, sweet dreams and enjoy your pretty painted nails! hehe
I like the idea of hang out under the oak tree!!!!!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
We lost our softball game last night- but had fun! I love softball, it makes me feel like I''m a kid again!
1.gif

After softball I met some friends for dinner and then I came home and did sit ups and did some weights for awhile before bed. Not a huge workout day, but at least it was something!

This weekend my brother and sister in law who live out of town are coming!! I usually only see them once a year (Christmas)- so this is huge for me! I''m excited for them to get to know FF a little better too. Tomorrow we are going back to my Alma mater to tailgate and go to the football game- I can''t say I won''t have a few beers, but I''ll try and pay attention to the food I eat!

I''m meeting with my trainer again on Monday, so hopefully he''ll whip me back into shape! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
glasses_hand2.gif
made it down another pound so I’ve lost 163 pounds now.
woohoo.gif

Thanks Skippy! We’d have a blast under the oak tree.
tea_cup.gif

GoingCrazy
, sorry to hear you lost your game last night but at least it was fun. Have a blast this weekend.

Have a great Friday.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif
I won’t be checking in again until tomorrow evening.

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Just wanted to congratulate our losers....Skippy and Marcy you''re both awesome (wow, you''re an awesome loser, that sounds funny!).

J and I are going to the gym this afternoon and I think I''ll suggest dinner out tonight, this week has been busy and we haven''t spent as much time as usual together.

Have a great day all.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:12:35 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Crisis averted! I have not one but TWO pairs of jeans that fit me (one is an 8 and the other is a 12 ??? apparently Polo and Gap size differently -- keep in mind the pair that is too big right now is a 10... ). Shopping trip abandoned! (Dee heads off to nap on the couch...
9.gif
)
Just popping in to whine about Gap: It would seem as though they've been messing with their sizing again this fall. Case in point: no matter what I do in the gym, I'm always exactly the same size. That size is a 4 long. I am not a 6, I am not a 2. I've been buying jeans at Gap and Express and so forth for many a year. In Express I remain a 4. In Gap I am all of the sudden a 0-2. At the beginning of the year I was a 4 in there, now I'm a 0 (bought 2s the other week and they stretched out and are all butt-saggy now)? I hate hate HATE the world of mainstream women's jeans. They just do whatever the crap they want to do. One more year and all Gap jeans will be too big for me, just so they can make the perceived "average" American woman feel better about herself. I don't think it's making anyone feel better about anything! I don't want to be sized out of Gap jeans, I like Gap jeans!. I am not THAT thin, you know? Women's pants sizing needs to go the way of men's frackin' pants sizing.

ANYWAY. Guess the only post I can come up with this week is a whingey, threadjacky one. Forgive me.

Hi everyone.
26.gif

Dee*Jay, if there's one thing I love, it's shopping with/for other women. I dragged my mom into the mall last year and made her try on jeans ad nauseum til we found a "hip" pair. She was in ancient Talbots, too.
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
greetings everyone, might be my last post for awhile if we lose power due to Hurricane Ike. Anyway I didn''t exercise the last two days, was teaching an afternoon training class at work and wanted to look nice, except that yesterdays didnt happen since the office closed at noon. I went for my 30 min walk/jog this morning, followed by another 30 minutes of walking. I was surprised that only 18 houses in our section of the neighborhood were boarded up (about 2-3/block). When I was jogging I would like down at my watch and realized I''d gone over my allotted jogging time, I think I was definitely trying to take advantage of the "nice" weather while it lasts since I''ll be stuck in the house for a day or two. We boarded up the windows last night so our house is in cave mode. Also made a grocery run and bought a bunch of apples in addition to non-perishables so I can have something fresh/nutritious if we lose power. Of course also stocked up the liquor store...the most important part of hurricane preparedness. ;-)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2008 9:22:52 AM
Author: Julianna

Date: 9/11/2008 2:12:35 PM
Crisis averted! I have not one but TWO pairs of jeans that fit me (one is an 8 and the other is a 12 ??? apparently Polo and Gap size differently -- keep in mind the pair that is too big right now is a 10... ). Shopping trip abandoned! (Dee heads off to nap on the couch...
9.gif
)
Just popping in to whine about Gap: It would seem as though they''ve been messing with their sizing again this fall. Case in point: no matter what I do in the gym, I''m always exactly the same size. That size is a 4 long. I am not a 6, I am not a 2. I''ve been buying jeans at Gap and Express and so forth for many a year. In Express I remain a 4. In Gap I am all of the sudden a 0-2. At the beginning of the year I was a 4 in there, now I''m a 0 (bought 2s the other week and they stretched out and are all butt-saggy now)? I hate hate HATE the world of mainstream women''s jeans. They just do whatever the crap they want to do. One more year and all Gap jeans will be too big for me, just so they can make the perceived ''average'' American woman feel better about herself. I don''t think it''s making anyone feel better about anything! I don''t want to be sized out of Gap jeans, I like Gap jeans!. I am not THAT thin, you know? Women''s pants sizing needs to go the way of men''s frackin'' pants sizing.

ANYWAY. Guess the only post I can come up with this week is a whingey, threadjacky one. Forgive me.

Hi everyone.
26.gif

Dee*Jay, if there''s one thing I love, it''s shopping with/for other women. I dragged my mom into the mall last year and made her try on jeans ad nauseum til we found a ''hip'' pair. She was in ancient Talbots, too.
9.gif
Oi Miss Julianna, THERE you are!!
35.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 10:24:30 AM
Author: Lorelei
Oi Miss Julianna, THERE you are!!
35.gif
Yeah here I am, whining.
38.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
PS. Normal exercisey week for me: twice the stairmill and thrice the Treddy o'' Doom. Trying to face the truth: I need to get on the machines. I need to do leg extensions. I need squats, I need lunges, I need to get back to Pilates.

*runs away and hides under the couch*

Will face the truth some other day.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif
I''m writing to check in. I''ve been really good with my eating habits...not so good on the exercises. I was hoping to get in some more exercise this weekend but I got into a car accident this morning and am feeling a little sore. But I figured if I stick to eating really well this weekend (good luck to me
20.gif
) then it shouldn''t be too bad.

Hope everyone has a healthy weekend!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from a leisurely hour on the stationary bike. I always feel like I'm not getting a good workout on there, but my I keep my heartrate in the 140s/150s, and I am all sweaty when I'm done so maybe I just have to get over the idea that it has to hurt to work!
3.gif

The scale took another pound off today (for about 12 total) but I'm having a hard time believing it's "real." It's seem like I've dropped 3-5 lbs lately with rather little effort so I am worried it will figure itself out and sneak back up on me...

Oh, and for the sexiest image in the world, imagine this: Dee decides that her old razor is just doing a good job so she trots to Walgreens and comes home with a pack of tripple bladed lilac scented magically engineered DEATH MACHINES. I am now walking around with FOUR big gashes on various parts of my ankles and legs thanks to these legal weapons. There should be a license requirement and a waiting period associated with buying these things!! And the only bandaids in the house are some joke Sponge Bob bandages that were in the HH's Christmas stocking. Sexy, huh?
20.gif

Julianna, LOL on the jeans--it's actually the gap ones in a 12 and the polo in an 8!

Apple, wishing you a safe and fast passing of Ike. As for your hurricane prepareness plan -- I like it!!

Marcy, you are just KILLING me with the cute emoties!

GoingCrazy, I'm glad you had such a good time at your game!

Skippy, how was your bike ride with hubby?

Rod, you poor thing! Take care of yourself.

Kimi, I know what you mean about pushing yourself harder at the gym than at home.

Thing, congrats on winning your soccer game!

Sharon, I hear you on cold and rainy... except today it's HOT and rainy, which is worse for me. Totally gross and muggy!

Fiery, here's to a healty weekend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 14 mile bike ride!
bikebikebike.gif
Gosh, most of it was uphill;
3.gif
I was a lazy pants getting started but kept wanting to go a little further so we did! It was a spectacular ride as far as weather goes (I know I was missing summer), but to feel the fresh air hit you face and not feel like you are sucking in hot air makes a HUGE difference, especially it only being in the 70's!! hehe
3.gif
It is so gorgeous outside and 2 miles is down hill so that is fun at the end! hehe

I need to shower and run to the grocery store, I have my dear friend who made that painting for me coming over for dinner tonight. I to grill shrimp on the barbie and some chicken! Her birthday is also coming up and she is always flying out of town on business so I thought I would surprise her with an early birthday gift
emgift.gif
hehe

One last little tidbit of info; I was reading that for every 1 lbs you lose you take 4 LBS of Pressure off you knees, isn't that awesome!?!? Yay for everyone make healthy strides
9.gif

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday; I am pretty Jazzed for this weekend since we have a lot of fun things planned and one being, my sis and I are going to the the grand opening of our Sephora! heehe
35.gif

MARCY ~ oh, I would love chit chatting with you and Rod under the oak tree! hehe Wouldn't that be a fun treat?!?! Wooo hoo for minus 163, that is an incredible weight loss and imagine you are taking 652 lbs of pressure off those knees.
3.gif
36.gif

GOINGCRAZY ~ glad you had fun at the softball game, you will win next time! hehe Yay for family visiting you!

KIMBERLY, thank you for the cheers, you are such a sweet friend!!! Yay for the gym, that is awesome and enjoy your dinner out!

JULIANNA ~ you are tiny! LOL about hiding under the couch!

APPLE ~ praying you are safe! Good job on the walk/jog! Keep us posted.

FIERYRED ~ Yay for eating healthy! I am so worry about the car accident. Are you okay?

DEE*JAY ~ yay for biking, and an hour is awesome! Did you read any trashy novels? hehe
31.gif
YAY for 12 lbs lost, that is 48 lbs of pressure off the knees!!!!
36.gif
ouch to the death machines; what brand were they so I don't buy them?
14.gif

ROD ~ honey, yay it is Friday!!!! Hubby was teasing me that I should wear a belt, ummm, yeah! haha

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, it's funny you say that about the knee thing because I always thought that the more I worked out the more my knees would hurt, but in reality they feel better! And yes indeed there was a trashy novel involved!
9.gif

As for the brand of the razors... will have to check next time I'm on the third floor, but they come in different scents, which is ridiculous to me--who's smelling their razor? Sound like a good way to cut your own damn nose off with these things!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy

14 miles!!!
23.gif
That''s motivational! How wonderful!!

I''m fine, thanks for asking. I have a little headache and feel a little tension in my shoulder blades but nothing major. I was more angry than anything else because I just switched policies and its a new car. But when I realized it was a teen that hit my car and he looked really scared I calmed down. My poor baby is all banged up but she''ll be repaired in no time
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Moley fiery -- how did I miss the part about the car accident?!? I am SO glad you''re OK!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2008 11:05:44 AM
Author: Julianna
PS. Normal exercisey week for me: twice the stairmill and thrice the Treddy o' Doom. Trying to face the truth: I need to get on the machines. I need to do leg extensions. I need squats, I need lunges, I need to get back to Pilates.

*runs away and hides under the couch*

Will face the truth some other day.
I think you are doing frightfully well!
9.gif

Welcome back T20!

Fiery, thank goodness you are ok!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 1:32:40 PM

Julianna, LOL on the jeans--it's actually the gap ones in a 12 and the polo in an 8!
COULD they be tailoring sizes to geographical locations? Perhaps not. They're fiendish indeed, but deep thinkers they ain't.
2.gif

What the holy hell is Polo thinking? Let's just cut our losses and say you're a 6. All of this pantsy confusion makes me want to sew my own clothes.

Sizes aside, though, I meant to say earlier that I'm glad you found some that you at least like. It's a step in the right direction.

What up Skipperino, and
emlove.gif

Thanks Lor, always can count on you for an encouraging word or two.
4.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that was exciting! After my hour with the dietician (more on that in a moment) I came home and broke the trackball on my crackberry. The Sprint store closest to me was closing in an hour so I bolted over there because I would be helpless all weekend long without my crack, and I didn''t think about it until after I got my new phone (they don''t even try to fix things for me any more, they just bust out a new one ASAP and shove me out the door, LOL) but then I had to scamper up to the office where my IT god resides to get my email set up again. So that, my friends, was an unexpected four mile round trip walk I hadn''t planned on today!

Now for the dietician. She had taken all the info that I had provided on the questionnaire earlier this week and produced a rather impressive full color spiral bound "integrated nutrition profile." Fancy!
3.gif
I did get *some* info out of it, but basically she said I knew about as much as she did in terms of what I should and shouldn''t eat at this point. Interesting thing about my target cals; she shed some complex formula and it yielded the number 2115 cals/day to maintain my current weight, 1600 cals to lose (with a target of 1 lb/week) but then said to eat 1300 cals/day (which is about what I''m eating anyway). I was like, um, how did we get from 1600 to 1300??? She said it''s just experience on her part. So the formula is... what?... a waste of good math? Oh well, at least I know that I''m pretty much doing the right thing. She also said when I plateau to come back and she''ll reevaluate for me for free since she didn''t really tell me much I didn''t already know this time. One tidbit I did pick up those is that I am going to try zone bars instead of my beloved chocolate chip fiber one bars becuase there is so much more protein in the zone bars and not that many more cals. I bought one on the way home (dark chocolate with almonds) and it wasn''t bad.

Anyway, the HH is finally home from his trip so I''m going to get ready and we''re going to dinner. Where, I do not know yet, but this is typical of us... hmmm... seven o''clock on a Friday night and no reservation... which of the three restaurants that we know will take us should we go to?
20.gif

Happy Friday night all!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I''m feeling better today and can actually sit down without making old man groaning noises! I''m going to take it easy tomorrow, too, because I have a soccer game on Sunday (if it doesn''t get rained out) and I don''t want to be sore for another week!

Rod-hope you''re doing well and I''m sorry to hear about your back! Sometimes I pull mine for no reason, too! BTW-I think you''re the only person I "know" who eats as much sushi as I do!

Skippy-what kind of bikes do you ride? Mountain or road? I have a super fancy road bike but I don''t ride it much because it''s such a hassle to get all suited up! And I definitely don''t ride it for 14 miles! Whoa! You''re the one in great shape! I''m actually in pretty terrible shape right now because I didn''t get any exercise for at least a month! And the pants are a little tight right now, too! But usually I''m in pretty good shape! And I hope to be back in shape soon!

marcyc-I''m feeling better today, but still sore-thanks for asking! That''s what I get for taking a month off! Congrats on being down 163 pounds! You are truly amazing!

Julianna-you need to go spend too much money on premium denim! They''ll fit you, be long enough, and not get saggy in the butt! I recommend Citizens of Humanity''s Kelly bootcut in Pacific wash-they look good on everyone! If you want a skinny, get the Citizens of Humanity Ava bootcut also in Pacific. Unsolicited advice now over!

appletini-good luck! I hope you''re safe and sound!

fiery-I hope you feel better! Dealing with car stuff is such a pain in the butt!

Dee Jay-I go through stages where I just butcher my legs! I hate that! And congrats on the weight loss!

Lorelei-thanks for the welcome back! I''m going to try to be good and come here every day so I can keep myself on track!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2008 1:32:40 PM
And the only bandaids in the house are some joke Sponge Bob bandages that were in the HH''s Christmas stocking. Sexy, huh?
20.gif
HI:

I love Sponge Bob! Don''t feel bad, the only bandaids I had for my blistered toes were Spidey (my DH loves Marvel...) and I had a Gyne appt....I can only imagine what he thought..."those women from the suburbs..."
9.gif
9.gif

back to our regular programming!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Never got a chance to write last night. Worked really long hours yesterday, then we had Sushi and coffee and came home went back to work. My back is feeling a little better today, but will avoid the gym for one more day. Charlie is working today, so am planning a do nothing day of relaxing. We''ll have dinner together tonight. He''s off tomorrow, so we''ll have a regular Sunday, including a good workout at the gym.

YAY for a 14 mile bike ride with hubby Skippy!! I''m glad the meatloaf got a two thumbs up!!

163 Pounds Marcy!!!! You rock!! Sorry for the rain. It''s hot and sunny here. I would so love to have coffee under the oak with you Marty, Skippy and Mr. Skippy!!

Enjoy your visit with your brother and SIL GoingCrazy!!

I hope you both had a good workout at the gym Kimberly!!

Hey Julianna!!

Apple, I hope you are safe. I''ve been watching the weather channel and it looks like the Houston area was beat up pretty hard by Ike. I imagine you are without power by now. I remember being without power for 4 days after a minor storm in Tampa a few years ago and it was shear misery. Please check in when you can and know we are all praying for you.........

Oh Fiery, I''m so sorry about your accident. I hope you are OK and the car is fixed like new as soon as possible. Take care.......

Only you DeeJay can make razors a funny story!!! Waiting period???..........LOL Sounds like your dietician didn''t offer much for the investment you made??

Hey thing2of2.......I''m sorry you''re sore from playing soccer, but you know what they say......"no pain, no gain!" I''m glad to know you''re into sushi like we are!!!

Hey Sharon!!

OK.......have a great Saturday one and all!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning WWTers,

The gym was good yesterday, we ended up spending some time with a trainer working out a program for each of us and then did some cardio. We went out to dinner last night, I had a souffle, grouper (yum! a new fish I like), and a cheese/apple tart for dessert that was delicious.

I woke up this morning sick, AGAIN! I have another cold; I could feel it coming, loaded up on vitamins and hoped for the best but it didn''t work. Oh well. I went bike riding this morning, we rode 20 miles. I really enjoyed having music to help me through the hills. It was a bit difficult because I''m stuffed up and having a hard time breathing but I''m so glad I went.

Skip, awesome job on the bike ride! You''re such an exercise champ.

Julianna, your post cracked me up.

fiery, so sorry about the accident! Take good care of yourself and allow time for your body to heal. I still have back issues from a major accident over 10 years ago, because I didn''t take better care of myself when it happened.

Marcy, you continue to amaze me!

Dee, so sorry about the razor tragedy. I cut myself all of the time, I''m just clumsy like that.

I''ve been told I''m on mandatory rest today, so I''m going to take a shower and get to it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday all! TOTAL pants weather here... I guess I should just be thankful however that I'm not in the path of Ike so I'll shut up now.

Went over to the gym just before 10 am and it was a MOB SCENE. Every dreadmill, hampster wheel, and bike were taken and there were two trainers in there working with their clients. Keep in mind this place is about the size of my living room so it felt kind of like a cocktail party (sadly minus the cocktails) with all those people so close together. I turned around and came right back home to wait for a few hours but then I decided to go over to the big gym (which is it's own *suburb* as Rod like to put it!). Did half an hour on the rowing machine and half an hour just walking on the dreadmill.

Nothing much else exciting to report today. We may go grocery shopping because I want to explore the world of Zone bars. Oh! And the dietician and I were talking about yogurt and I said I eat Youplait and she showed me a comparison of all the major brands against--drumroll please!--fage. The difference being that fage is just PACKED with protein and the major brands have like 1 gram per container. I told her that I've tried fage and it just grosses me out, but she said there's another brand that you can get now at Whole Foods that is better tasting, so I want to find that too. Oh again! I was telling the HH all this (as you can tell the lives of my HH and I are just filled with scintilating conversation
20.gif
) and he said that on his food website (it's like PS, but just for food) there was a big thing about fage and how they have a manufacturing facility in the US and that it's just terrible here compared to the real stuff. Here is the link: link I don't know what you'll see on your screen when you open this link (it actually opened to the last post for me where there was a picture of the container) but if it opens at the top just scroll down a bit 'till you get to the interesting part.

Thing, between you and Rod I'm craving sushi now!

Kimi, rest up and feel better!

Rod, the dietician was nice to talk to, but I think if someone was giving me a hundred bucks an hour I'd be pretty pleasant too, especially if they weren't asking me to take my clothes of for the $$$.
2.gif

Sharon, ooooh you sexy suburban Spidey momma, you!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results