shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th Sept till 14th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
howdy friends
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

first! pizza = delicious ''well balanced'' food... it''s like a mini zone meal - carbs, protein, veggies, dairy.. can''t go wrong
2.gif
2.gif

second 37 degrees!?!?!?!?! yozah! i''m getting depressed that today is 70! and that some of us
2.gif
2.gif
are going to the pool today
39.gif
39.gif
i waaaaannnnnaaa go to the pool!

third - i concur with the waking up before the sun.. it''s just.not.right! and today is rainy and gray ... it''s an ''all day pj day'' if you ask me!

my weekend was great! the weather was beautiful and i had an awesome time at the lake with my girlfriends! normally i take the weekends off from working out - but since i knew i would be eating and drinking with my GFs i decided to take a nice long walk on saturday - i couldn''t believe it when i came back 1.25 hrs later! even my super hyper dog was tired... i still don''t know how you uber workout''ers do it... after 45 mins i''m cashed! unless i *know* i''m doing an endurance run...
14.gif

speaking of running.. i''ve convinced my other running buddy to run the miami half-marathon on jan 25th with me! any PS takers??????
i''ve always wanted to go to miami.. and since the mid-west absolutely stinks in winter it''s a good way to keep active during the holidays AND have a warm vaycay to look forward too! i just hope i follow-thru... but the more people i tell the more ''responsible'' i have to be... and i need all the motivation i can get
16.gif

oh yesterday my girlfriend and i checked out a new yogalates class... we actually ran to the pilates studio - took the class - and walked home.. all and all about a 4 mile round trip excursion. DH was so worried because he didn''t know we decided to use our feet in lieu of our ''wheels'' so when i wasn''t home 30mins after class and it was really dark outside he drove down to the pilates studio - thinking he was supposed to pick us up or something.. kinda defeats the purpose of walking and not using gas
3.gif
anyhoo.. the class was so much fun! i loved it.. i''ve done both yoga and pilates before, but i really enjoyed the mixture of both.. and my core is so sore today!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

that''s all that''s new with me. happy tuesday all!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

I got the DVD. It kicked my rear in so many ways. I couldn''t even get into the car without making all kinds of faces. LOL Couldn''t convince Mr. Fiery to do the program with me BUT when I was done he says "wow that really was 20 minutes"...more like 30...and it looks like I may be able to wear him down
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear - poor sore ladies!
emcry.gif
Hang in there girls, you will soon feel better and start to see positive results!
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 10:29:22 AM
Author: Lorelei
emcry.gif
Hang in there girls, you will soon feel better and start to see positive results!
35.gif
Ladies, Sore is good! Feel your body change! Thats what my trianer always says.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2008 10:35:48 AM
Author: appletini

Date: 9/9/2008 10:29:22 AM
Author: Lorelei
emcry.gif
35.gif
Ladies, Sore is good! Feel your body change! Thats what my trianer always says.
Good way of putting it!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

I''m recovering. I don''t work until 11 today and my friend can''t walk, her kid is still sick, so I think I''ll go by myself again this morning.

Steph, the barley/mushroom dish had great flavor but for some reason the barley didn''t cook correctly, even though I followed directions, it was way too hard. I split the recipe to 1/3, but that''s never been a problem. I cooked a dish with barley over the weekend with the same barley in a very similar way (baked in a dutch oven for 1 hour at 350) over the weekend and it came out perfect. So strange. I''m going to try it again, but not lessen the amount of liqiud.

Skip, I bought some Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Shakira, Pink, Prince, Gwen Stefani...I need to stop! I also loaded songs from my CDs. I have just under 40 songs so far, a great start.

Going crazy, sore is good! At least that is what I keep telling myself.
2.gif

I''m babysitting after work, it''s been a while, should be fun. Have a great day all.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 10:26:35 AM
Author: fieryred33143
Hi everyone
35.gif

I got the DVD. It kicked my rear in so many ways. I couldn''t even get into the car without making all kinds of faces. LOL Couldn''t convince Mr. Fiery to do the program with me BUT when I was done he says ''wow that really was 20 minutes''...more like 30...and it looks like I may be able to wear him down
11.gif

I feel your pain girl! Everyone at work keeps making fun of me because I walk like a little old lady.

The trainer yesterday kept asking how I felt, and I just keep saying "I feel like I can''t believe I let myself get this out of shape!" He was super nice and I''m excited to work with him again next Monday!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Lord I had too much wine this past weekend! Oy! Back on Phase 1 to detox from carbs and wine. Oy.

I''ll try to catch up later - work calls!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone!

Had a crazy day yesterday and didn''t have time to check in. 39 post already! I need to keep up! LOL! I worked until 1am last night and got up at 5:30a
15.gif
I did manage to workout with my trainer and make a dinner of roasted halibut with a chili vinaigrette and wasabi cream and braised carrots and green beans. This work week is gonna be killer but I''m gonna try to get to the gym and stay on track.

Lorelei, thanks for another great opening to start the week off to! Baby steps. I try to remember that when I get frustrated that my progress is slow. Heck, it took almost half a year to put on my weight, I can''t expect it to come off overnight.

L2T, MMMmmm.... football and wings. Is there anything better?

Skippy, YAY for your new DVD and 3.5 mile walk. You go, girl!

SDL, YAY for morning walks and getting back on track.

Kim, hope you''re feeling less achy this morning! Yay for your new iPod. I love mine and it definitely helps me get through my workouts.

Dee*Jay, congrats on your 8-9 lbs. lost since July! That''s FAB
1.gif
Hope things go well with your nutritionist and that you find some guidance to help you succeed!

Fiery, YAY for your new DVD. Lots of new DVDs being tried, maybe I should get one too!

Apple, I''m glad you''re feeling better and getting back into your routine.

Steph, you''re my hero! I can''t remember the last time I ran more than 1 mile. Yay for dropping a majority of the weight you gained!

GoingCrazy, welcome! You''re my kinda gal, as I''m a Colts fan too
1.gif
I hope you find the encouragement and support you''re looking for here. The people are a great bunch! Hope you''ll feel less sore as the day wears on. I''ve been working with my trainer for a month now and in a weird way, I''ve learned to love the soreness after every session, it reminds me that I''m working hard
2.gif

SS, you don''t suck! Sometimes, we all have to cut ourselves some slack when we have a bit too many things pulling us in different directions. Tomorrow''s another day to be better! BTW, I don''t know if you saw last week''s thread but I posted the coleslaw and tomatoes recipe on the recipes thread.

Rod, I know what you mean about how it''s hard to get up in the morning when it''s dark. I''ve been thinking the same thing as mornings have been darker and darker as the summer wound down. I get up at 5:30 to catch the train and when it dark out, I just wanna hit the snooze button. Glad you had a nice sushi dinner. I heart sushi!

Sharon, YAY for morning runs and evening walks.

Hi Marcy! Oooh, 37 degrees! Hope you''re keeping warm. Sorry to hear the scale wasn''t kind to you yesterday but I''m happy to hear that you have such a great attitude about it. Everyone falls off the wagon sometimes. The more important part is getting back on
1.gif

Vizsla, Yay for girls'' weekend and squeezing in some good exercise during it! Good for you for deciding to run the half-marathon in Jan.

Hi Geckodani, glad to hear you had a fun weekend!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
darn, I lost my big ole long post, it was my fault!
14.gif
I responded to everyone, and bam I accidently hit a wrong key
14.gif
14.gif

I will done some sort of workout today! I was proud because I met some girlfriends and I ordered a salad, w/apples, and chicken, minus the cheese and dressing. hehe
Hope everyone is well! HUGE HUGS TO ALL!!! Yay for a girls weekend, the walks, runs, muscle workouts, don't work too hard Panda Rod and Marcy, yay for enjoying your weekends and coming back for more on the HLT! Hope everyone has a great day
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Greetings! Had my PT today, it was tough, but I think I am back to 100% or very close to it. I also made my healthy chicken salad for dinner last night and some today for lunch complete in a hatch chile tortilla wrap.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey All! Sounds like everyone is doing good work. DH and I had a date last night and no time to eat before the movie so we went to...wendy''s. I *KNOW* there are semi-healthy things I could of ordered but those fries were just too tempting. I feel kind of weak. AND I had candy at the movies
15.gif
Two steps forward, one step back. I have been lazy too and haven''t done my DVD. I wish it was cooler so I could take the little girl for a walk. Too muggy. I think we will grill some chicken for dinner tonight.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 5:26:42 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Hey All! Sounds like everyone is doing good work. DH and I had a date last night and no time to eat before the movie so we went to...wendy''s. I *KNOW* there are semi-healthy things I could of ordered but those fries were just too tempting. I feel kind of weak. AND I had candy at the movies
15.gif
Two steps forward, one step back. I have been lazy too and haven''t done my DVD. I wish it was cooler so I could take the little girl for a walk. Too muggy. I think we will grill some chicken for dinner tonight.
don''t worry friend, I have french fries too sometimes, I think in the big scheme of things the good outweighs the bad so good job on the 2 steps forward!
1.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Afternoon break...

So I just went insane and bought myself an antique diamond pendant. If anyone''s interested, you can check it out on the SMTR thread. Had a good lunch with a whole grain wrap with hummus and a couple of slices of smoked ham. Got a long night of work ahead of me but I promised FF that I''ll meet him at the gym after I get home. He''s trying to convince me to go out for fish tacos afterwards. They''re tasty but oh so bad for you. I''ll need to think of a better alternative.

SDL, I hope you find that motivation to go on that walk. Sometimes, when I don''t wanna workout, I just force myself to put on my shoes and head out the door. You can do it!
cheerleader1.gif

Oy, Skippy, I''m sorry you lost your post. I HATE that when that happens! Yay for ordering a healthy salad
1.gif
Thanks for that link on how to break through a plateau.

I''m glad to hear you''re almost 100%, Apple.

It''s okay, Tacori. I heart fries too. Darn those buggers for being to tasty! You can get back on the wagon tonight.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 6:08:41 PM
Author: panda08
Afternoon break...

So I just went insane and bought myself an antique diamond pendant. If anyone''s interested, you can check it out on the SMTR thread. Had a good lunch with a whole grain wrap with hummus and a couple of slices of smoked ham. Got a long night of work ahead of me but I promised FF that I''ll meet him at the gym after I get home. He''s trying to convince me to go out for fish tacos afterwards. They''re tasty but oh so bad for you. I''ll need to think of a better alternative.
*ears perk up* off to check it out now! LOL
3.gif
. . .

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday all! I did my typical 65 mins on the dreadmill today, but I kicked up the incline more than usual at the end. Normally I go to the gym some time between 10 and 12 but this morning I was early because of the cleaning lady and this guy was in there watching The Price Is Right REALLY LOUDLY. My poor ipod could not compete in terms of volume. I now have a good feel for the pricing of Norelco electric shavers, household cleaning products, dining room sets, and small fishing boats with twin outboard engines.
20.gif

After that I headed off to the grocery store (see, I will basically do anything to get out of the house so I don't have to watch while poor old Grace scrubs my hardwood floors on her hands and knees... ) and came home NOT with the well-intentioned list of protein packed snacks that I intended to buy, but rather a weird mish-mash of foods. Oh, and six bottles VO5 shamppo, which was on sale for 79 cents.

The dietician finally called me back and I'm seeing her on Friday afternoon. She tried to sell me on the idea of a multi-visit total nutritional transformation, but I was like, um, no, I just want to know how many cals a day I need to become svelt and gorgeous. I did fill out and send back an eight page questionnaire (much of which had nothing to do with what I eat or how much I exercise) so I will be curious to see exactly what I get for my hundred bucks come Friday.

Skippy, doncha hate it when a good long post evaporates?!? ARGH!

Panda, your pendant is GORGEOUS!

Tacori, sweetheart, french fires are made from potatos, therefore they cound as a *vegetable*!!! There is NO guilt associated with eating fries. Period.

Apple, have you posted your chicken salad in the recipe thread? I'm always on the look out for a good easy chicken dish!

Michelle, LOL on Judge Judy. I think there is one in every neighborhood.

Gecko, carbs and wine -- two of my favorite things!

Going, I did something last week that made my hip flexors so sore I hobbled around like a little old lady too. The good news is it doesn't last long.

Kimi, good for you for getting that music loaded up!

Lorelei, the 80s Dynasty??? I lived through that once, I'm not sure I could bring myself to watch it again, ha ha!

Fiery, I have this vision of you and the Mr. doing the video side by side in matching outfits...

Vizsla, the half marathon -- you go girl!

Steph, how are your knees doing?

Marcy, 37 degrees? NO...
38.gif

Sharon, roast beef and smashed taters with gravy. YUM!!

Rod, if I'm ever not in the mood for anything sweet just call the undertaker because I'm DEAD.

Shiny, so... any pizza today?
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Panda, I know you understand my love for all things potato
18.gif

Skippy, thanks for all of the support!

Dee*Jay, what about the burger and the *regular* pepsi I had too?!? NO. WILLPOWER.
7.gif

***runs away to burn extra calories***

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2008 7:16:41 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Panda, I know you understand my love for all things potato
18.gif

Skippy, thanks for all of the support!

Dee*Jay, what about the burger and the *regular* pepsi I had too?!? NO. WILLPOWER.
7.gif

***runs away to burn extra calories***
Well the burger was some much needed protein and the Pepsi was ... um ... simply a mistake by the person behind the counter. OF COURSE you ordered a *diet* Pepsi and they just gave you the wrong thing, so being the kind hearted soul that you are, you drank it rather than point out the mistake and make them feel bad!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DJ, I can''t remember if I''ve posted it in the recipe thread or not but theres no real recipe its just throwing things together...

1 roasted chicken from grocery store deli--pick off meat (I save the carcass to make chicken broth)
1 bell pepper, diced-I usually get red, yellow, or orange for more color
2-3 ribs of celery, chopped
~1/4 red onion, diced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, diced
salt and pepper to taste

--if i''m taking it for lunches, i mix everything together except for the avocado and then take a small avocado to work to mix in so its fresh
--can serve as a lettuce wrap or tortilla wrap (wheat or salsa/southwest tortillas preferred)

Usually its enough for dinner for the two of us (DH eats a lot) plus two lunches for me. But its yummy, healthy, and a good source of protein and nutrients.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, back from a 4 mile walk; I am tired.
3.gif
haha I was treated to a beautiful sunset, yay! Hope everyone has a great evening!!
9.gif

Kimi, your tunes sound great! hehe

Goingcrazy, great for having a trainer!

Gecko, I tried that beer you said was delicious and sure enough you were right, perfect for our party. hehe Glad to see you back!

Panda, love your gorgeous pendant!

SDL wooo hooo for your walks girl!

Apple, your lunch sounds good, your chile came from here. hehe

Dee, wooo hoo for the dreadmill. hehe

Tacori, how is Tessa?

Rod and Marcy, hi friends, don't work too hard!

Steph, yay for running!

Vizsla, yay for your race and a nice girls weekend!!

Fieryred, hi there!

Lorelei, do you watch Dallas too? hehe
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I some weight by this morning so I only have 1.5 pounds to lose to get back to my Friday weight. I was in my calorie range again today so I should be down a bit more tomorrow morning. Our dinner was all ready when we got home so that was really a nice treat.
Lorelei, I remember that show. I bet it is pretty entertaining to watch.
Steph, good plan to give your knees a rest from running. Walking is great for you as well. That is awesome you lost another pound and that you feel better getting off those pills.
36.gif
Good luck finding out what gave you such a bad reaction. I rarely eat salty foods so I really retain water from eating sodium. My rings were tight this morning and they have been flopping around on me lately.
GoingCrazy, that is awesome you are excited to feel some results from your workout.
arniesmile.gif
I am sure you were doing better by softball practice tonight.
Vizsla, I was pretty depressed to see the 37 degrees. Tomorrow I dig out my winter coat; my fleece jacket just isn’t cutting it.
east%20coast%20psers.gif
I hope you had fun at the pool. That is wonderful to plan on doing a marathon this winter in Miami. How sweet your DH came looking for you when you didn’t come home right away.
Fiery, that is wonderful the 20 minute workout seemed like a great workout. Good luck getting Mr. Fiery to join in on the fun.
Appletine, I like “Feel your body change”.
Kimi, I am glad you are recovering.
Geckodani, I hope you had some wine for me. I didn’t get any at dinner out or the BBQ and I wanted some.
Panda, I am glad you had a workout with your trainer. I was more upset about the temperature outside than the scale reading on my weight. If being cold burned off calories I’d be skin and bones. I will go check out your new pretty!
SanDiegoLady, I was wishing we had mashed potatoes tonight with our roast beef but the baked potatoes were a good substitute and something I can leave to cook by itself on a timer. Judge Judy sounds sweet.
chunkstyle.gif
Skippy
, rats for losing your big, long post. Thanks for the link for breaking a plateau. That is wonderful you got to enjoy a lovely sunset on your evening walk.
Tacori, I am glad you enjoyed having a nice date night. No worries on fries – I eat 10 sometimes and that is more than enough to satisfy me.
DeeJay, that is too bad the guy at the gym had to have the volume cranked up so loud. You are gorgeous now lady – no nutritionist is going to change that. I hope you have good luck with her and find out many wonderful and helpful things.
Hi Rod! I hope you had a great day.
Take care.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, love that you're using the emoticons; Love it!!
9.gif
Yay for losing 1.5 lbs, you will be loss it all in no time!!! Great job! YIKES, I can't believe how cold it is where you are! I thought it was cold being 80 here!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Busy posters today!

Thanks, Panda, for the recipes. Looks yummy and I have a whole freezer full of pork chops and a bunch of tomatoes! Have you ever used yellow tomatoes for roasting??

Steph~ You''re right about the alone time. I''ve been too busy to yoga lately (which is my ONLY alone time) but I made time for it today and I feel SOO much better. I need to remember that I''m a better mom and wife (and sister, daughter, etc) when I take care of myself. Sometimes it''s just hard to give yourself that Me time.

I finally got to yoga today!! Every time this particular program comes on, I find myself giggling throughout the workout. It goes from several series of cat lifts, down dog, lotus, all the "regular" yoga moves into this weird "tree" pose where you have one foot up and across you like indian style WHILE standing. Okay, I can do that part. But, then they instruct you to forward fold, got it. Now bend down and put your standing leg (cause remember the other one is crossed near your belly button) on your elbow. You have just succeeded in knotting yourself in the most unusual way possible! Every time they say "lift your knee and rest it on your elbow" (As if that''s possible for people who don''t do yoga for 12 hours a day!), I can''t even TRY the move because I get a fit of the giggles! But, really fun and energizing workout!

And, I have to add. Small changes REALLY DO ADD UP! I went to my sis''s for supper tonight. She cooks exactly the way I used to. I didn''t realize how much I have changed my cooking habits just a little at a time. But, when I was inundated with butter flavor on EVERYTHING, I really didn''t like it. JT didn''t like it either. And, although I had to apologize to my sis for JT not eating ANYTHING she made, I was quite happy that he won''t have such bad habits to break. I finally feel like these changes are REALLY adding up. Giving JT good eating habits means so much to DH and I. Knowing that he won''t struggle like we both do is a great feeling!

Thank you all for telling me I don''t suck! And, vizsla, thank you for reminding me that I shouldn''t be so hard on myself eating one of the most perfect foods!!

Have a great tomorrow!!!

Lorelei~ Special, really?!? That''s so sweet. Thank you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thankyou.gif
chunkstyle.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, that is awesome you get the giggles while doing yoga. That has got to make it more fun.
trampo.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey!..... Rod said as he is barely able to keep his eyes open........Loooooong day doesn't really cover it. I got up earlier than usual and worked even later and still got to the gym and worked out for 2.5 hours, got home at 9:45, ate a salad, did a load of laundry, did some more work and am now just saying hey to all my HLT friends.

I'm sorry for not being able to say hello to everyone individually.

Skippy, I think I remember someone thanked you for the cool emoticons. Where does one find them??

Marcy Brrrrrrrrrrr. That's just plain too cold.

Glad you got my Dah Ta Dah reference Lorelei!!

DeeJay, you always crack me up!!

Sorry again for not saying hey to everyone else. Rod is flat out pooped and needs to get to bed. No workout tomorrow. Charlie's baking chicken thighs for dinner. Yummmmm.

Sleep well. Rod out......

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! After being a lazy bum for a month I am back to trying to whip myself into shape. My soccer leagues have started up again so I''ll be playing 3 times a week, and I just did a capoiera (sp?) class tonight at my school''s gym, which was a great work out! It''s going to be twice a week and I''m going to try to make it to both classes each week.

So I''m feeling motivated and I thought I''d try to jump back on the wagon and keep track of stuff here! I''m not necessarily trying to lose weight because I know I''ll be building muscle again now that soccer has started, but I do need to tone up for sure-my butt is way too squishy!
3.gif

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei~ Special, really?!? That''s so sweet. Thank you.
Yes - really SS!!!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning – really! I am back to where I was prior to my “salty” weekend.
woohoo.gif
I need to lose 1/10th more pound before I can say I lost another pound.

Rod, we are closer to the weekend. I hope your days aren''t too long the rest of the week.
Thing2of2, that’s great to hear you are motivated to working out a lot.
arniesmile.gif

Lorelei, I hope you are not having pants weather today and your teef are doing better.
pants.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results