shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 4th August till 10th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, guys. Woohoo, I am finally feeling better. I have not worked out in about 2 weeks since I started getting all these flu-like symptoms. But I feel much better. I think I will get back into my routine slowly with a walk tonight and then work back up to running just to make sure I am totally 100% better. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and I am looking forward to being a part of this thread again for next week!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you are feeling better Steph, take it easy to begin with though!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steph, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Lorelei, I hope you are feeling better today as well. I was browsing through Skippy''s collection of emoticons and found her pants weather emoticons for you. Too funny!

Skippy, I am enjoying going through your emoticons. Everyone has given us quite a collection.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2008 11:19:12 AM
Author: marcyc
Steph, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Lorelei, I hope you are feeling better today as well. I was browsing through Skippy''s collection of emoticons and found her pants weather emoticons for you. Too funny!

Skippy, I am enjoying going through your emoticons. Everyone has given us quite a collection.
LOL Marcy!! I am feeling a bit pants myself still and not quite up to working out today as I had hoped, but with luck tomorrow I will be able to.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........

I never got a chance to check in yetersday. It was an errand day for me, a work day for Charlie. We needed so many things you can't find in one store and I just found myself funning all over town. We needed light bulbs for lamps you can't find at regurlar stores. Luckily, we have a store called Light Bulbs Unlimited. Unluckily, the store moved and I didn't know it and I had a tough time finding the new location but eventually did. We needed kitty litter, but we buy premium stuff for our Sakai (of course!) and had to go to PetSmart. Charlie needed a battery replaced in one watch. Anyway, I thought I'd have a nice quite day off and spent my entire afternoon running all over the place. Charlie got off at 8 PM last night and I met him for dinner ar our favorite little diner. Then we walked up to Sbucks and had a cup of coffee under the oak. It was packed and we really just wanted to have a quiet cup of coffee, but there was this drunk guy there bothering everyone, including us, so we wound up leaving soon after we got there. Still, it was well after 10PM by the time we got home. Charlie had a meeting at Restoration this morning, but will be home shortly. We'll have a relatively normal Sunday afternoon, including a workout at the gym and dinner at home tonight. Otherwise, not much else going on.........

Marcy, loved your picture and I'm SO PROUD of you for walking the mile (2)!!!! I thought of you yesterday when I was at the mall. There was a woman who was so overweight. I had a light snack at the food court yesterday afternoon to keep me till dinner and she was at the table next to me. She had 4 slices of pepperoni pizza, a couple breadsticks, a bowl of pasta and a huge slice of chocolate cake. It was so sad to see and hear her as her breathing was so labored. It makes me even more proud of what you've accomplished!!

Skippy, there definitely is a need for these doctors. And it's a great need because if people make the right health decisions now, our health costs will go down in the future. What is that they say......."An ounce of prevention....." I'm glad you enjoyed your walk with your cousin yesterday.

I'm glad your toof is healing nicely Lorelei and you're looking forward to a workout!! Don't push too hard dear friend.........

Good lord Deejay......That's not a fitness center, it's a suburb......LOL That place's cardio room is larger than our entire fitness center. If they had condo's attached, I'd live there!!!

Hey turtle, nice to see you come out of lurkdom to help a friend!

Hey Linda, it's nice to see you. Yes, I'm working hard, but at least enjoying it!

I'm glad you're finally over the flu and feeling like a person again Steph. We've missed you!!

Charlie just got home, so I'll go sit with him and Sakai. Have a great Sunday everyone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, sorry to hear you aren’t feeling great today. Pamper yourself and take it easy. Big Hugs to you.

Rod, yesterday sounds very hectic; I hope you have a more peaceful day today. Too bad about the obnoxious drunk at Starbucks. I certainly could have been that lady setting by you at the mall and am delighted that is no longer me.
9.gif

I’ll have to tell you all something funny. I am NOT fishing for compliments but this did kind of crack me up. I am working on the newsletter for our astronomy club today so I was going through our pictures from the star party. I picked out a few to use in the newsletter then it dawned on me – I didn’t see myself in the ones handing out door prizes. So I went back and was on the second or third one before I realized that “skinny” girl up front in the jeans was me. If I hadn’t remembered to look for the pink hat I was wearing I would have just thought I wasn’t up front when Marty took the pictures. LOL!

I just found a new treat. My mom has been raving about the 100 calorie honey maid bars with cream cheese (flavored) filling so I picked up a box yesterday. I crumbled it up with a few fresh strawberries on top for my mid morning snack and it was divine. I feel like I just had some strawberry cheesecake. Yummy. They are in the section with breakfast bars.
Have a great day.

Marcy finally realizing even from behind I am no longer huge
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod and Marcy! I just got some new gym shoes, so I have those to hit the treddy with, hopefully tomorrow.

Marcy, you ARE skinny now and you look fabulous - that must be such a great feeling!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, good idea to get new tennies. I wore my new tennies yesterday and I don''t think they are as good as last year''s model. Rats. Thanks again for the compliment. I appreciate it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2008 2:21:51 PM
Author: marcyc
Lorelei, good idea to get new tennies. I wore my new tennies yesterday and I don't think they are as good as last year's model. Rats. Thanks again for the compliment. I appreciate it.
I thought it was about time as these have lasted me 2 years and they were cheapos! I have a pair of Skechers or whatever they are called ( sp?) and they slip on so no laces! Shame that yours aren't as good as your last pair...
40.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2008 12:26:17 AM
Author: Linda W
DeeJay, Do you drink red wine??? Red wine will cause migraines for DH and I every time. It is on the list of not what to have.
Oh you betcha!
9.gif

I do know what you mean though becuase I've heard that a lot of people get headaches from the sulfates (at least I think that's what it is in there that gets to people). I've read though that some whites have sulfates too so you just can't win, but fortunately red wine has never been a trigger for me. Good thing too, or else life just about wouldn't be worth living!

Stephi, I know exactly what you mean about people loosing body parts. When I get to the point of tunnel vision I just head for the rest room becuase the pukin' ain't far behind.
39.gif

I have been told that the reason that the prescription meds don't work on me is because of the way my body metabolizes things. For instance, it is useless for me to take vicadon (which they offer me with every dental procedure... might was well be tic tacs) and I metabolize anesthetic VERY quickly. When I have a filling or anything like that done I spend more time getting shot up repeatedly than I do with whatever actual work they need to do.

My headache has been pretty good today BTW... which only makes me afraid for the rebound. Does that ever happen to you gals? If I catch the headach pretty early one and make it go away there's a pretty good chance I'm going to have a worse rebound headache right after. Did I mention there are some things you just can't win... ?

Marcy, I think that's so interesting about being the skinny girl in the pink shirt. What I want you do to every morning from now on is get out of bed and say to yourself "I AM the skinny girl in the pink shirt!!!"

You do raise a good point about the way we see ourselves though. I used to always think of myself a tiny person so when I would look in the windows of buildings as I was walking but I was like, oh look at that, the short fat girl is wearing the same outfit I am. When I realized the tiny girl had left the building (maybe she went with Elvis?) and didn't take me with her I knew I had to do something!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, that is great your tennis shoes have lasted 2 years. For years I made myself a reminder and replaced my running (in my case walking) shoes every 3 month. I really needed the support in my feet. I switched between Brooks and Saucony but they changed their models every year and sometimes the newer models are not better.
DeeJay, I just recently started getting migraines and my vision is always my first clue it’s coming. Sorry you get so sick with a migraine. Glad to hear red wine isn’t the culprit. I am going to pay attention to that though in case that is what triggers mine. I don’t have trouble recognizing myself from the front anymore but the side and back is not something I am used to seeing. Good think I was wearing pink! You are a tiny person, I have seen you in quite a few pictures and think you are a lovely woman. It is certainly interesting how our self image do not often match reality.
I think I have my fall internet class ready to go. Woo hoo! Now I have to work on my campus class.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a nice Sunday and it's one of the first we've had together in a few weeks. We had lunch at Panera, where I learned and was devastated to know that Panera will no longer be making tart cherry scones. It's been my weekend treat for such a long time. According to the manager, whoever made the mix, stopped making it and that's that. This affects every Panera in the country. At least I like their blueberry scones, but the tart cherry ones were sooooo good. Then we had coffee under the oak and it was actually nice enough to sit outside. It was warm, but breezy. From there we hit the gym at 2:30 and we worked out for a full 3 hours. I slept really well last night and I just had so much energy for my workout. So, it was a really really good one. It's also the first time Charlie and I have worked out at the same time in a long time, so that was fun as well.

There was another sad thing that happened today. I'm sure you'll think I'm goofy, but I know you've read how I go to this little specialty grocery store on Sunday's and they have the best produce, fish and meats and it's where our Sunday dinners come from. Well, they closed today and I am so sad about it. They had been in business for 75 years in the same spot and they got into a dispute over rent with the landlord, who tried to raise their rent significantly, and they lost their lease. I tried to get there before they closed, but by the time we got out of the gym, it was too late. And there were people in front of the store, some in tears, who had come to say goodbye to an institution that had been part of their families for generations. People were putting signs on the windows asking them to reopen somewhere else. It really was a sad thing.

So, we bought our Sunday fixin's at the grocery store. We had baked salmon and tilapia, steamed shrimp and steamed brocolli - carrots - squash. While it was all just fine, in my mind, I kept thinking that if it had come from our little grocer, it would have tasted that much better. Things change, and we just have to get used to it...........

After dinner, we went to the quieter Sbucks and had a cup of coffee and split a piece of crumb cake. It was very pleasant. Charlie doesn't work tomorrow night, so we'll meet for Sushi after work.

Lorelei, I hope your new shoes work great for you at the gym. For people who work out regularly, they recommend changing your workout shoes once every 6 months, but I haven't done that myself. My current Asics, are in great shape, and they're my indoor workout shoes. I have a better pair of Asics for running outside whenever I decide to run again.

Zoe, I completely missed your earlier post and wanted to say I hope that increasing your calories works for you. I had the zuchini fries again last night at the diner. They're so good and even though they are fried, I have to believe they are better for me than french fries!

Hey, I saw something on TV, while I was on the elliptical that I thought was interesting. What made me think about is just now was that someone asked DeeJay if she thought red wine might have anything to do with her migraines. Anyway, we all know the healthy benefit of red wine, but sulfites definitely can give people headaches. So this company is working on a pill that will be available in a couple years that takes all the healthy beneift of red wine and magnifies it like a 1000%. Now, it won't be as much fun as a glass of wine, but should be a great pill to take when it become available. See Skippy......preventive medicine at it's best!!

OK.....time to go sit on the couch with Charlie and Sakai. Tomorrow will be a long day as usual, but will check in later in the evening.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, back from my 40 min walk; I have lots to do so I will catch up later. Have a nice and relaxing rest of Sunday and sweet dreams
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2008 9:27:38 PM
Author: Rod
We had a nice Sunday and it''s one of the first we''ve had together in a few weeks. We had lunch at Panera, where I learned and was devastated to know that Panera will no longer be making tart cherry scones.
HI:

Rod-- as a scone lover I feel your pain! (P.S. I have a great recipie for plain scones, should you get that domesic urge
9.gif
)

I have been so faithful to my routine, I don''t know what I''ll do when the weather turns and I am back indoors! Back to the pool/gym I guess, but I am enjoying my run/bike/walking outside everyday. Today I took a different routine by the river--and I like it better than the other I weas doing. More variety in terrain--more work--but lovely.

I am planning on buying new runners when I get runners for my son for shcool. I had some great Air Nikes and might try New Balance. What are people wearing?

35.gif

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I can’t believe they quit making your cherry scone. I was looking forward to trying one some day. Sorry to hear about that great store closing. That is too bad something like that happened. I would rather have wine than a pill but maybe the pill wouldn’t make me talk so much.
Skippy, glad you had a nice walk.
Sharon, I am already detecting a bit of fall in the morning air. Rats for short summers, huh? I had some New Balance this year and liked them.
Well, I must give my jewels a bath and put another round of cupcake on my fingernails.
Have a great Monday!
35.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results