shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 4th August till 10th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2008 10:02:51 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Lorelei, have you heard of this exercise program called Power Plate? One of my clients is doing it and she LOVES it. She said it''s all the rage in the UK.

Good luck today with your toof!!!
I haven''t heard of it Dee, but I will be investigating....

Thanks for the toof wishes, it is tomorrow I will be bereft of it.....
40.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 8:24:35 AM
Author: Lorelei
Kimmy, how did J get on at the dentist? Tomorrow is the day I lose my toof......
39.gif
J did great, hooray! He had a root canal and has several more procedures to look forward to in the coming months. He''s promised me he''ll go to the dentist every six months now, to maintain the work that''s being done. I''m thinking of you, and your tooth, Lorelei!

I didn''t work out yesterday, and today is going to be a bit crazy, so we''ll see what happens. I have work this morning (last day, woo hoo!) and a job interview this afternoon (part time, afternoon position a few days a week working with autistic children) and it''s our anniversary so we''ll be going out to dinner. I''m going to try to squeeze a workout in.

Have a great day all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2008 10:59:02 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 8/5/2008 8:24:35 AM
Author: Lorelei
Kimmy, how did J get on at the dentist? Tomorrow is the day I lose my toof......
39.gif
J did great, hooray! He had a root canal and has several more procedures to look forward to in the coming months. He''s promised me he''ll go to the dentist every six months now, to maintain the work that''s being done. I''m thinking of you, and your tooth, Lorelei!

I didn''t work out yesterday, and today is going to be a bit crazy, so we''ll see what happens. I have work this morning (last day, woo hoo!) and a job interview this afternoon (part time, afternoon position a few days a week working with autistic children) and it''s our anniversary so we''ll be going out to dinner. I''m going to try to squeeze a workout in.

Have a great day all!
Ow! Poor J! I am glad they got his RC done in one go, I had to go twice for mine!! I am sorry he will have to go back for more.....
40.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary Kimberly!

You OK Appletini? Please keep us updated.

Rod, hope you have a good day at work today and a good workout tonight.

Marcy, yum, I love chocolate mousse! And splitting dessert is such a great way to get your sweets without all the calories.

OK, so last night was the steal salad pitas. Unfortunately, we discovered at 5:45 that we didn''t have a broiler pan, so we could have had salmon instead but DH was set on the steak so we walked five blocks to this kitchen store, which had all these very exotic gadgets and pans but no broiler. So I drove to Target, and now our kitchen is just a little bit better equipped. The steak turned out to be medium well (not intentionally) but it was good. We each had one and a half so that should have been about 500 calories.

Today I went for a run, but it was hot and humid again and I knew I wouldn''t make my goal of 5 miles even with slowing down, so I walked miles 2.0 to 2.5 and 3.5 to 4, and that enabled me to make it the whole 5 miles. I''ve got this mental block against walking as though that is wimping out, but if I''ll only make it 2 miles running versus 5 miles running and walking, obviously I need to get over it and walk a little when I get hot.

There was this gorgeous family at the park, mom, dad, and son maybe around 12. Dad was wearing an army shirt, and mom was lean and tough, and they were all running from stop to stop doing all the exercises (it''s a one mile trail with different places to do pull ups and sit ups, etc. around it). Very impressive, especially the son! I guess it makes sense that with a family like that you''d just naturally think it was fun to dash around the park doing situps.

Tonight is salmon with couscous and asparagus. We''ll be eating a little later since DH has a bike race, so hopefully we can eat on our back porch tonight.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Not too much to report. At my house we''ve have some rain and wind, but nothing too bad, normal rainstorms seem worse than this. However where we are located we seem to be in a pocket that is missing the bands. Areas to the South and East haven''t been so lucky with flooding and power outages, and areas to the North have had a lot of rain too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I haven't came over to this thread since I didn't workout yesterday. I had lots of stuff going on but not a workout. Hubby is home sick with the flu; his temp was 102 at the doctors office and I have been working hard to wipe everything so I don't get sick.
14.gif
I found a turtle but now I don't know where he is so I might be a bad turtle mom. I need a walk!!! I plan to do that tonight!

Sorry about the hurt teeth J and Lorelei!

Apple glad you are safe!

Amanda, woo hoo for your run!

Welcome Noel!

Marcy, glad you threw out the food.

Rod, don't work to hard, friend!

SS, your son is darling!

PHX, you are a sweet daughter!

DeeJay hey there!

Steph, I miss you woman!!!

Hope everyone has a great workout!

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it was well over 100 (with the heat index) yesterday so we skipped the gym and went to the pool instead. Too bad I''m not a lap swimmer that would have been the perfect workout yesterday. It''s still hot today but we ARE going to the gym...I mean it''s got a/c so, no excuses! LOL I''m keeping up with my diet and water in-take though so I feel like I''m still on course.

Marcy - Thanks for the encouragement!
Amanda - I think I am getting a little bit irritable and I''m not sleeping as well so tonight I''m going back for sure....makes me wonder how I went without working out for so long before.
Rod - Yes riped sexy abs that''s my goal. If I can get a flat toned tummy and about an inch or 2 off my hips I''ll be on cloud nine. Your new job sounds exciting....or maybe every job sounds exciting to me as my current job is terribly boring....why else would I be on PS so much.
28.gif

SS - Thanks for sharing those adorable pics. The one with the flour had me LOL....probably only b/c it wasn''t my kitchen, but he is a cutie!
firey - Welcome! 2 pounds a month is a very attainable goal I''m sure you can get to your goal before your wedding if not sooner!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hiya!

Phoenix, can you post the steak salad recipe, or a link to it? So glad you have a new addition to your kitchen, broiling is great when it''s too hot or cold to BBQ. Thanks for the anniversary wishes! I love being married.

Lorelei, the dentist had his root canal done in 15 minutes. He has some crazy technology that he uses. Poor J, but he should have dealt with this a long time ago.

Skip, the turtle may be hiding in a bush, or perhaps is on a walk! Enjoy yours tonight. Poor hubbby!

KC, I''m not a laps girl either, but pools are great fun. Hope you''re staying cool.

Apple, so glad you''re safe!

I just finished working out, now I''m going to hop in the shower, we''re going to the place where we were married for dinner. It''s so nice that it''s just 10 miles from home and we can go there every year! I''m looking forward to a delicious dinner.

Have a great evening all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday! I did 30 mins on the bike today (but now I'm all out of trashy vampire novels so I don't know how much more of that I'll be doing!) and then 35 mins on the treadmill. I am so tired today becuase The Demon kept me up half of last night being scared of the thunderstorms we had. They really were bad though; when I went to pick up my first client this morning there were BIG tree branches and even some downed power or telephone (I don't know which) lines on several of the streets.

Bailing early and going to bed so I'm not tired for my first client tomorrow. Night all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Well I was back on track eating today.
1.gif
Work was insane. I was only out for 3 work days but they had several issues and changes so it felt like I was gone for a month. I was working on emails till about 2 pm today.
We had a lot of rain tonight with some hail. Marty said there was a lot of standing water on the road coming home tonight.
Lorelei, hugs and get well PS dust coming your way. Good luck tomorrow at the dentist.
Kimi, happy anniversary to you and John! Good luck with the interview. Glad to hear John’s dentist visit went well. Have fun at dinner.
Phoenix, Marty and I split the rest of my spaghetti and giant meatball for supper tonight. We didn’t bring home any of the chocolate mousse (we ate it all). I did have a ww chocolate ice cream bar. Your steak dinner sounds great. Woo hoo for the 5 mile walk / run.
Appletini, I think the hurricane rains hit here. Glad to hear you are doing okay.
Skippy, sorry to hear you are having a tough day. Tell your hubby to get well and I hope you don’t catch anything. The turtle is probably hiding somewhere. Hugs to you.
KC, swimming laps sounds like a great break away from the heat. Woo hoo for AC at the gym.
DeeJay, I hope you sleep well and the thunderstorms stay away to make Demon happy.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Skippy you are too sweet. Sorry I haven''t been posting much, I have actually been really sick with the flu this week. I have been all achy and have had a fever so no working out for me for a while until I can get better. I have been trying to keep up with Andrew while I''ve been sick because Adam has been out of town on business. Thank goodness he is coming back tomorrow. Hope your hubby feels better and hopefully you won''t get sick...it is no fun! Hope everyone else is having a great week. I will be back to post more when I am feeling better and working out again!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steph, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Take care and get better soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am back minus a tooth, I have a big wad of gauze in my mouth!
40.gif
No working out for 3 days, doctors orders.
7.gif

Steph I missed you, get better soon!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Marcy!

Thank, Lorelei! Hope you recover quickly. Take it easy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2008 8:36:39 AM
Author: steph72276
Thank you Marcy!

Thank, Lorelei! Hope you recover quickly. Take it easy!
Thanks Steph! It is still bleeding - not heavily - but I guess it will take a while to stop. YUCK!!!!!
emotion-41.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, glad you are back from the dentist. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Steph, so sad you are sick! I hope you get a much needed break when hubby comes home today.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
I did it! I made it to the gym! I did 30 minutes on the eliptical. Is it just me or does anyone elses toes fall asleep sometimes on those machines? I can''t imagine why mine do that but they get a little tingly and I stop and rotate my ankle a little and it goes away....hmm I hope that''s not a bad thing. I also did some exercises on my new ball and I can really feel them so I''m going to keep doing that each night too. I had a smart choice frozen dinner for dinner since the SO was off doing his own thing probably a little high on sodium but overall a good quick choice when I''m all alone for dinner. I also bought some bing cherries at the store to have as a snack YUMMIE!

Skippy - You found a turtle and lost him again...not in the house I hope. Hope your hubby is felling better soon!
Kimberly - I love that my apartment complex has 2 pools and the smaller one is right behind my building. It always has less kids and more of an adult crowd so I love chilling out there on a hot day.
Marcy - If the gym didn''t have a/c there''d be no way it''d get used. Here in KS it''s way to hot and humid all summer to go without a/c.
Lorelei - Hope your doing better today. have a toof pulled is no fun but it''ll be better in the long run.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All.

Our dinner was amazing. I had endive salad with truffle dressing and the most amazing fish dish, rouget en croute (but very light, not heavily breaded) with fava beans, peppers, and some other scrumptious things. It was DELICIOUS. For dessert I had creme brulee.

Went on a ride this morning, we did a bit more than 10 miles. I''m meeting a friend for lunch and enjoying my day off. I have a nap planned for later, I''m really sleepy.

KC, hooray for a great workout!

Lorelei, hope your tooth is no longer bleeding!

Steph, feel better.

Phoenix, so glad your mom had a good birthday.

Hi Skippy and Rod!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did 30 min on the elliptical during lunch. I''m going to try to go for a walk when I get home...weather permitting.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi all
I got up this morning and did a 30 min work out that I loved. It included intervals of marching in place, jumping jacks, jumping rope, crunches, squats, and push ups. I enjoyed it and it left em feeling worked. I also did 15 mins of sculpting work with Gilad. How is everyone today?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
You know what is really sad. DH''s b-day is at the end of the month and I''ve been thinking about getting him exercise stuff like a bosu ball, etc so that I can use it at home.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m just trying to keep myself accountable here. I''ve been really good about changing my diet little by little even though that was not my goal in the beginning. But, I got into a huge fight with my dad and sister yesterday and came home and comforted myself with pie. Then, a second piece of pie, all instead of supper. Then, for lunch I had pizza. I know most of us use food as comfort now and then. Just posting about it kind of clears it a bit, but what do you do when you want to reach for comfort foods???

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2008 3:38:01 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I''m just trying to keep myself accountable here. I''ve been really good about changing my diet little by little even though that was not my goal in the beginning. But, I got into a huge fight with my dad and sister yesterday and came home and comforted myself with pie. Then, a second piece of pie, all instead of supper. Then, for lunch I had pizza. I know most of us use food as comfort now and then. Just posting about it kind of clears it a bit, but what do you do when you want to reach for comfort foods???
I have done similar stuff SS, so don''t feel bad! I just now view it as a blip, then try to stay on track the next day with food and workout for a few minutes longer or harder. Or if I am trying to fight it, I will try to work out why, if I am hungry I will try to eat something nutritious, if not and it is emotional, then I will have a bath, do my nails, spray on some perfume, have a soda or water until the urge passes.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Appletini, why not just get him jewelry? Just kidding. Unless you know he''s been wanting/would use some exercise equipment I''d try to think of something else.

Don''t beat yourself up, Somethingshiny. What''s important is that you are recognizing unhealthy habits you have established and thinking about how to break them. Have you tried coming up with some healthy options that seem decadent so you know what to turn to when you have a craving/need to splurge? I like dark chocolate squares . . . since you have to unwrap each one you get slowed down a bit.
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
phoenix,

Actually I think I''m going to schedule a spa day for him. He loved the mani/pedi''s we got for our anniversary so I think he''s ready for the massage and facial now. He''s been so stressed out at work that I know he really needs a day like that. The only thing is that his b-day is over Labor Day weekend and we''ll be out of town, so I''m going to try to schedule it before then, perhaps when I''m on my girls trip.

SS,
When you reach for the comfort food, try to go for a walk afterwards, just some have some time to cool down, think, and work off those extra calories.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, girls, for your suggestions. I''ve always known I''ve used food for comfort occasionally, but it''s not until recently that I thought to change that. I usually do the bath except in the hot summer months, who wants a tub? But, actually, the perfume is a great idea, because I have one that really has a calming scent. And, who wants to smell perfume while you''re eating? Individually wrapped chocolate would help too. Maybe I''d just grab a couple and leave the rest!

The "cooling down" period is what I''m having trouble with on this particular case. I''ve always been the person who can "get over" everything immediately. I think I developed it as a self-preservation method as a child. But, this time, things were taken too far and I''m having a really hard time not thinking about it, replaying it in my head and getting PO''d all over again. I know I need to get over it for my own sake, the heartburn tells me that much! And, I''ve been staving off a migraine for the past several hours, too (which I get from stress).

Well, I think I''ll do a salad for supper tonight, and maybe a boiled egg. I''ll be busy running the rest of the week (looking at houses), so I''m sure I''ll get back on track.

btw-Lorelei, THANKS for "Ebony and Ivory". That was driving me crazy! I googled "pyano" and kept coming up with "Piano Man".

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I was totally going to skip tonights walk/jog when I realized that DH had taken the ipod to work. But after reading a few of these threads and posting advice on the belly pooch thread, well I have to follow my own advice and get out there.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids! Did 65 mins on the elliptical this morning. Had some extra calories today--for some reason I was just hungry--but I''m having diet iced tea right now instead of the glass of I wine I really want to save 150 cals. This is an unusual week in that I have two out-of-town clients so I''m out with them all day five days in a row. (Geez, this is like a real job!
3.gif
) But the hard part is eating good. In the winter I will put a banana or a sandwich in the car and munch it when I can but the idea of eating something that has gotten HOT in the car on and off for several hours kind of grosses me out so today I even resorted to McDonalds. Ack. The good news is by this weekend the clients will have both gone home and I can eat a bit better.

Don''t want to type a very long message because I''m testing the wireless connectivity up here on our roofdeck and I don''t want to lose anything major.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey kids! Did 65 mins on the elliptical this morning. Had some extra calories today--for some reason I was just hungry--but I''m having diet iced tea right now instead of the glass of I wine I really want to save 150 cals. This is an unusual week in that I have two out-of-town clients so I''m out with them all day five days in a row. (Geez, this is like a real job!

3.gif
) But the hard part is eating good. In the winter I will put a banana or a sandwich in the car and munch it when I can but the idea of eating something that has gotten HOT in the car on and off for several hours kind of grosses me out so today I even resorted to McDonalds. Ack. The good news is by this weekend the clients will have both gone home and I can eat a bit better.

Don''t want to type a very long message because I''m testing the wireless connectivity up here on our roofdeck and I don''t want to lose anything major.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad I went for my walk/jog. At the end of it I ran into my neighbor and his kids that live two doors down I haven''t seen them in awhile b/c its been so hot, and then while I was talking to them our friend that lives around the corner was walking her baby so I walked with her so in total I did an hour!

DJ,
Did you at least get some fries while you were there? I love their fries, chicken nuggets with honey, and hash browns!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results