shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 4th August till 10th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2008 8:37:24 PM
Author: appletini
I'm so glad I went for my walk/jog. At the end of it I ran into my neighbor and his kids that live two doors down I haven't seen them in awhile b/c its been so hot, and then while I was talking to them our friend that lives around the corner was walking her baby so I walked with her so in total I did an hour!

DJ,
Did you at least get some fries while you were there? I love their fries, chicken nuggets with honey, and hash browns!
Is this some sort of trick question?!
9.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you''re both feeling better, Lorelei and Steph! Neither one of your conditions sounds like fun and I wish you both a speedy recovery!

DeeJay- great job on the workout- an hour is tough! I ran for 1 solid hour on the treadmill tonight and now I''m regretting it b/c I hurt! (lol... but I''m glad I did it b/c I also feel really good about myself for doing it!

Shiny- comfort food is OK sometimes. You fall off of the horse, then you get back on... just try not to stay mad... it''s not good for your health either- stress will burn off some of the calories, but it does bad stuff too... just try and relax, stay calm, and look for understanding. I''m sorry you''re fighting- that''s tough, especially when it''s family. I hate fighting with my parents, but sometimes it happens... enjoy your comfort food and then get back to your normal diet once you kiss and make up!

Anywho- I''m really excited about my run today!! I''ve never done that before, so I''m pretty stoked!

Also, my boyfriend and I are meeting half way in Virginia Tech this weekend, and I''m SO excited! (for those of you that don''t know- me and my BF are in a long distance relationship, and he''ll be in Washington DC until September, and then in Germany for a year... boo).

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DJ, When I go, get the happy meal so I don''t feel as guilty.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All, wow, this thread is super busy! Hubby will go back to work Friday; he has had the FLU, like Steph! It is weird having him home with me; I have made soups for him. I didn't eat the soups because it feels weird eating chicken soup in the summer. He seems to be getting better.
12.gif
Thanks for all the get well hubby wishes friends!!! Not much going on here; I bought lots of raspberry's and blueberry's, spinach and bananas from Costco
41.gif
Oh, I didn't walk last night because it was pouring so I will go in a few minutes!

Kimi your meal sounds yummy, you little foodie!

Lorelei, hope you feel better soon w/the teef gone!

Rod, don't work too hard. Hope you have a great workout!

Marcy, hi there honey!

Amanda, I like your new threads in this subforum! I love to dance when no one is looking since I am not very good at it. hehe

DeeJay, I love iced tea during the summer! It is my everyday staple! Do you still eat the fiber one bars you don't allow clients? hehe D, I love McD's ice cream cones and I think they are only 150 calories! YUM!

Apple, wooo hooo for the walk jog!

Steph, hope you feel better soon; we miss you when you aren't around!!!

Kccutie, oh no, the turtle is outside, not in our house. hehe Yay for the gym!!!

Dragonfly whoo hooo for your wokrout!

Hello SS and PHX
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I never got a chance to check in last night. I think it's the first time in over a year I didn't write my daily confessional. I did close my first big deal and was very pleased about it. It was touch and go and at the last minute, after the offer was extended my candidate had to let me know he was in jail over 10 years ago, which meant he was a felon, which meant the company had to be told, which meant the offer could have been withdrawn, which mean Rod would have been crushed. But, the company so appreciated his honesty and he while he served time, it was something he was never guiltiy of (long story) and the offer was closed and everyone had a happy ending! For me, it means I made a placement with my own client and my own candidate on my 2nd day of my 5th week, which they say is a record of some sort, so things are going well. At least if I'm going to work a bazillion hours, it can result in a good payoff! I didn't leave the office till well after 6 last night, but I was determined to make it to the gym, which meant I didn't get home till after 9:30. I had a wonderful (NOT) Lean Cuisine for dinner, went back to work and then to bed at midnight. Only to get up a little after 6 and get to work this morning around 7:30 and stayed again till after 6. Charlie was off tonight, so since we rarely get to have dinner together these days, I came home and we had nice healthy salads and went out for a cup of coffee. I think he's getting tired of retail hours and is going to start looking again for a more permanent Monday - Friday job again (YAY!). I'm going to the gym after work tomorrow night, so it will be another 'uber' long day but I'll try to check in if I can.

Lorelei, I'm glad you had your wisdom tooth out today. You didn't say if you were in much pain, but I was thinking about you all day. I hope you're not feeling much pain and everything heals quickly. Hugs to you my friend.......

Kimberly, I'm glad John had his dental work done and I'm glad he's going to keep regular appointments from now on. I see the dentist every three months and so does Charlie. They say the mouth is so important to our overall health and I feel besides being healthy and eating well, regular dental visits are important! I'm glad you both had a wonderful Anniversary and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to wish you a happy one before now.

SS, we all fall off the wagon from time to time. The suggestion of getting yourself back up and taking a nice healthy walk, was really good! Don't beat yourself up, OK??

Skippy, I'm so sorry to see that HH has the flu. I hope feels better soon. I hope you find the turtle too. Is it lost in the house? Thanks for thinkiing of me. You're such a sweetie!!

Gee Steph, you also have the flu? I thought flue season didn't start until the fall. I hope you're feeling better too.

You go DeeJay!! Your regular elliptical sessions are great!

Phoenix, during really hot and humid weather, walk/run combo's can be a really good thing. Good for you making it 5miles!!

Apple, I was so glad to see that nothing bad happended during the storm. I saw some pictures of areas that were floodd from the storm. I had to laugh about you getting HH a ball for his birthday so you can use it. One year Charlie gave me a waffle iron as one my Chrstmas gifts. I thought he'd lost his mind as I've never asked for, nor really wanted one. But he wanted one, so that was that. You might want to think of getting him something HE'D enjoy instead. LOL

KC, I'll look forward to hearing about your progress toward those ripped abs, flat stomach and lost inches!!

I know how dauting it can be have like a million emails waiting for you when you've been gone a few days Marcy. You wind up spending so much time getting caught up and then you feel like you didn't really accomplish anything. Glad you're back in the swing of things........

Your workout sounded like it was challenging and fun dragon!!

I hope you and your BF have a great time when you meet this weekend Amanda!!

I guess that about does it for me. I'm going to try to relax for a few minutes before heading to bed and starting another looong day. Sleep well everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Marty and I went out for supper and split a burger. I haven’t gone grocery shopping since we got home so my pickings for supper are slim around here.
I picked up my race for the cure shirt today. I am so excited to be participating in that on Saturday.
We had over 2 inches of rain last night and had another storm tonight. I was chilly so warmed up by walking on the treadmill.
I just finished 2 layers of cupcake – that’s the name of the color of my nail polish. I bet I had some of you going there for a moment though, didn’t I?
9.gif

Lorelei, follow your doctor’s advice. I hope you sleep well tonight and feel better tomorrow.
KC, yay for a great workout today. Bing cherries sound great. I need to pick up some fresh fruit.
Kimi, your dinner sounds divine. Yay for a nice long bike irde.
Appletini, I like your idea to get your husband an exercise ball for his b-day so you can use it.
Dragonfly, I am great today, thanks. I hope you are the same. That is great you had a nice workout today.
Somethingshiny, sorry to hear you had a bout of emotional eating. That is tough to deal with but as Lorelei said just try to get back on track the next day. No sense beating yourself up over it. Exercising a bit more the next day can help cut down on any damage. When I feel like eating I will go for a walk, paint my nails, floss and brush my teeth or give in to one small treat and move on.
DeeJay, sometimes we just eat McD’s. Someone told me today their BF chicken biscuits are great – I’ll have to try one some morning. This time of year is tough to leave food in the car. I do that on school nights during my fall semester.
Amanda, I hope you had a great run today. Sorry that your BF will be so far away. Thank goodness for email, webcams and cell phones.
Skippy, glad to hear your husband feels up to going back to work tomorrow. I hope you have some nice weather tomorrow for your walk. All right that we have better brains. Yippee!
Rod, congratulations for closing your first deal.
36.gif
That’s great it worked out in spite of his record. Good luck to Charlie in finding a different job. I feel like I caught up today at work; we are going in to our busy season in a few weeks so I’d best get used to it.
Well, take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod, Marcy and everyone for your good wishes! It is still oozing a bit but not too bad, although it is revolting to have blood in your mouth!
emotion-41.gif

I had to wait almost an hour for my appt, which made it much worse, I was pacing up and down in the waiting room, so I burned a few extra cals that way - hehe!
2.gif

Once I got in the chair, there was a lot of papers to sign which I duly did, the dentist numbed me up including an injection into my hard palate which was not fun.
32.gif
Once the local had taken effect, he literally got the tooth out in less than a minute! He pushed on it a couple of times with me trying to apply some resistance with my head as he pushed and out it came!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
The dentist did an excellent job! No wonder I was in pain, he gave me the toof to keep, a huge section had broken off exposing the pulp and the nerve.
23.gif
So I am glad to see the back of it.

I feel ok, managed to get some sleep, there is still a little blood this morning but not too much, apparently some oozing is normal. So I will have to take it easy again today apparently, well for 3 days to avoid making it bleed again. But I have to go back AGAIN, apparently the root canal hasn't had it's permanent filling yet!
39.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
AH! I feel like I''m back on the horse. We went to the gym again last night I did some light upper body weights and then the treadmill b/c the elliptical was in use already. I actually did half a mile without stopping! Which is really good for me b/c I have never been a runner. I did a mile total and then made some pasta I love the Omega3 plus penne that they have now with chicken sausage and red sauce with some fresh sweet corn on the cob. YUM!

Rod - Congrats on closing your first deal! Sounds like it was a nail biter there at the end but you pulled it through! Good for you!
SS - I can be the worst at falling off the wagon especially around that time of the month it''s like I have to have a cookie and then I end up having 3 and then I say oh why not and have something sinful for dinner. You''re only human if you really want a piece of pie, or want pie for dinner that''s fine as long as you don''t make a habit of it. One little slip isn''t the end of the world. Glad to see you''re right back in there.
DJ - If I forget to make my lunch I sometimes resort to fast food too. I do the happy meal sometimes too b/c it limits the amount of food. If I have the time I go to www.caloriesperhour.com and look up the places near by and see what lower calorie choices I should stick to before I even leave. They have a pretty good listing of fast food places and it''ll also tell you how hard you have to work out to work them off.
Apple - Good work on the walk-jog! I love to do that mostly b/c I can''t jog that far without stopping but I hear changing up speeds like that can be a great workout.
Amanda - Have a great weekend with your BF. Germany wow now that''s LD at least you''ll have reason to go on a wonderful European vacation right?
Skippy - Hope your hubby is feeling better I hate being sick in the heat. Oh glad the turtle is not int he house that could be really bad.
Marcy - Yay for the Race for the Cure! What a great cause and good for you for getting involved. I think my mom and I will be doing the 3 day next year she''ll be done with her chemo so she''ll have the energy to get out there.
Lorelei - At least it sounds like the dental work was over in a jiffy. Don''t worry it get better my little sis had all 3(yep in family we all only have 3)wisdom teeth out lat Friday and the bleeding was done by the next day. She says the worst part is that her jaw is sore. So just remember it gets better and the mouth heals much faster than the rest of the body so you''ll back up and at it in no time.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that KC! It is sore and very uncomfortable, but I am hoping it will feel better soon. I want to work out so bad, just because I was told I shouldn''t! Oh well, I will behave myself!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! It''s Thursday already! Gosh lol. This morning I got up and did some jumping jacks, did about 10 mins of a workout with Cathe and then went for a 30 min power walk with my grandma. I had egg with light swiss and toast w/ peanut butter (1 slice) for breakie. I''m 1lb heavier than yesterday but I think it''s mostly water retention as I''m feeling ungodly bloated today. I didn''t get to bed until late last night due to SO being out helping a friend with their boat cage (it fell apart :razz:), so I read most of the night and played couch potato for once. Tonight I plan to get on the tread mill before bed.
Apple - Just tell your bf you got the stuff because you thought he''d enjoy working out together
Somethingshiny - I honestly LET myself have comfort food when I really need it. Sometimes I can substitute, like dark chocolate when I want chocolate, or something like that, but every now and then you have to. I don''t deprive myself. But other things I do are go for walks, take a cold shower, read, sit outside and listen to the birds, things that relax me.... yoga....
Deejay- yay for that 65 mins!
Amanda - have fun with bf
skippy - I"m making chilled strawberry soup soon
Rod - congrats!
Marcy - GL saturday
Lorelei - BF had a toof removed and he bled for two days, keep an eye out for dry socket.
KC - GJ

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2008 12:04:42 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Lorelei - BF had a toof removed and he bled for two days, keep an eye out for dry socket.
KC - GJ
DF, what do I need to look for please?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
What a day. I originally had a 1pm meeting scheduled so I was going to have to cut my PT session short, but then I found out my trainer had a personal issue to deal with and probably wouldn''t make it, so my partner and I did our own work out together. Then I get back to my desk and check my email and now that meeting has been rescheduled for tomorrow. Oh well at least I got a good workout anyway.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am so FRuSTrated!!!
gaah.gif
I keep teetering between 1 lb lose 1 lbs gain; I don't get it???? This is what I usually eat a day. Maybe someone has ideas on how to get me off this plateau??? Please, any suggestions would be appreciated. I lost 12 lbs so far but this yo yo usually ends, and I inch on toward my goal, but the past 3 or 4 weeks I am stuck. Thank you!

Breakfast:
Bagel (150 calories)
2 egg whites (40 calories)
bacon (60 calories, reduced fat center cut)

snack:
Cheese stick (60 calories)
Fiber One bar (150 calories)
Salad with cucumbers and tomatoes and dressing (50 calories)

Lunch:
Boca burger (120 calories)
Bread (150 calories) high fiber
apple (50 calories)

snack:
Cheese stick (60 calories)

Dinner:
Usually something around 300 to 400 calories
piece of fruit (50-70 calories)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That appears to be around 1300 cals a day....Skip, what do you have for your evening meal? Maybe some extra lean protein as a slight tweak might help, and changing up your cardio a bit.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 2:40:00 PM
Author: Lorelei
That appears to be around 1300 cals a day....Skip, what do you have for your evening meal? Maybe some extra lean protein as a slight tweak might help, and changing up your cardio a bit.
Well, like last night I had noodles, with shrimp, and 1 cup fresh veggies in a stirfry (no oils, just pam). Maybe you are right more protein and less carbs? Okay, I will do that see if it can kick start something. Sorry for the vent; it is just has been a few weeks and usually I am patient but today I weighed in and I couldn't believe it again. Thank you friend!!! Maybe I will try and do more weights see if that helps too. I appreciate it Lorelei!!!
35.gif
Hope the teefs heal soon, sugar!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2008 2:43:04 PM
Author: Skippy123

Well, like last night I had noodles, with shrimp, and 1 cup fresh veggies in a stirfry (no oils, just pam). Maybe you are right more protein and less carbs? Okay, I will do that see if it can kick start something. Sorry for the vent; it is just has been a few weeks and usually I am patient but today I weighed in and I couldn't believe it again. Thank you friend!!! Maybe I will try and do more weights see if that helps too. I appreciate it Lorelei!!!
35.gif
Sometimes that can kickstart things Skip if you up the protein and lower the carbs, also I would do more cardio than weights probably, and try to aim for 45 mins brisk pace per session. I know how frustrating it is, I remember Mara hit a plateau for a while then things started to happen when she changed her eating and routine.

I am taking care of my teefs, or rather the huge hole in my mouth where my toof used to live....
39.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Lorelie, I'm glad to hear your toof experience wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I had a wisdom tooth out a year or two ago and if he hadn't told me when he had it out I probably wouldn't have known.

Skippy, I feel your pain girlfriend! I've been slaving away at the gym an hour + every damn day and my scale grudgingly gives me maybe .5 lbs at a time. I have only been doing aerobics though so today I'm going to try a strength class that one of my clients recommended to me. If I like it I'm going to try to do it twice a week. I am also considering some sort of class once a week and the personal trainer once a week but the one I see at my gym is there ALL THE TIME so I have this fear that if for some reason it doesn't work out between us or I decide to stop seeing him then it would be awkward to run into him sevearl times a week. (Geez--sounds like a boyfriend problem and not a personal trainer problem!)

Side question: Does anyone out there do pilates? I think I've read a few posts about people doing it but now I can't find them. There is a pilates instructor whose studio closed and she's offering hour long private session for $20. I'm so tempted to try it out, and even if I hate it so what for twenty bucks, right?

Dragonfly, a power walk with your grandma?! That's awesome!

KC, thanks for that website! I'm kind of afraid to look up how much activity it would take me to work off some of the things I eat though...
39.gif

Marcy, LOL on the cupcake! At first I was like -- a multi layer cupcake?? How do I get me one of those?? But then you fessed up. Bad girl!

Rod, congrats on getting you first placement , and in record time no less!

Apple, I actually don't get the happy meal only because I don't like fountain soda. (Unless there's a cool toy. Then I make the exception.
9.gif
)

Amanda, enjoy your weekend at Virginia Tech!

Shiny, have fun looking at houses!

Phoenix, my husband LOVES kitchen gadgets. Too bad we don't live closer because I'm sure anything you EVER need we could easlily lend you from the ridiculous stock of stuff we have in our cabinets and drawers...

Kimi, I am just salivating here over the idea of truffle dressing! How do you make that??

Steph, hope you're feeling better!

PERRY -- are you out there? I miss you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dee, good to know your experience wasn''t too bad, I was stunned he got the toof out so fast, I didn''t feel it! Until now that is....
40.gif

I know Mara has been doing pilates, she has been using the reformer machines, she might pop in and give you some tips! Skippy also knows about pilates too.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DJ, I don''t drink soft drinks either...I usually ask for water, but the main reason I get it is for portion control.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2008 4:40:08 PM
Author: appletini
DJ, I don''t drink soft drinks either...I usually ask for water, but the main reason I get it is for portion control.
Hey apple, how is the weather now? I hope things have calmed down.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei,
Hot and Sunny.
emhot.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 4:31:39 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Hello all!

Skippy, I feel your pain girlfriend! I've been slaving away at the gym an hour + every damn day and my scale grudgingly gives me maybe .5 lbs at a time. I have only been doing aerobics though so today I'm going to try a strength class that one of my clients recommended to me. If I like it I'm going to try to do it twice a week. I am also considering some sort of class once a week and the personal trainer once a week but the one I see at my gym is there ALL THE TIME so I have this fear that if for some reason it doesn't work out between us or I decide to stop seeing him then it would be awkward to run into him sevearl times a week. (Geez--sounds like a boyfriend problem and not a personal trainer problem!)

Side question: Does anyone out there do pilates? I think I've read a few posts about people doing it but now I can't find them. There is a pilates instructor whose studio closed and she's offering hour long private session for $20. I'm so tempted to try it out, and even if I hate it so what for twenty bucks, right?
DeeJay, honey, thank you! Dang the scale! Okay, we have to work hard so that the scale budges next week. LOL, Also, LOL about the boyfriend/trainer; you are a riot, Woman! eta: wait a second, the last time I saw you you looked great!!! silly willie!

I did pilates a couple of times; I think it is sort of like yoga but a bit harder! You hold things tight and breath different. I think you should try it; you do get a great core workout and workout for the muscles! Maybe Mara will pop in because I think she is a hard core pilates gal!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... well... I don''t know about this. I went to the Power Plates orientation. You stand on this "plate" that''s about 2 feet by 2 feet and it moves while you do various exercises, kind of like if you stand on that thing that''s half an exercise ball with a board on the top of it (I can''t think of what it''s called right now--a bossu thingy majiggy maybe?). Anyway, the theory is that it makes your work out more effective because you have to work your core for balance while you do all the exercises. Maybe it was just because it was the orientation, but I didn''t really fell like I DID anything. Since I have been working out every day I feel like the day was wasted. I will probably try out the actual classes just because I have a coupon for more free sessions, but I just don''t know...

The HH did just point out to me that I could just rejoin his gym (which I did belong to at one point in time, but I dropped my membership when I when hurt my knee a few years ago) and for the amount I would pay for that membership I could take ALL SORTS of classes because they are free. Perhaps that''s the way to go.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Skip, looking at your normal day, I might cut down the carbs a bit and add some protein. For example, what about skipping the bagel and making an omelette (sp?) w/ low fat cheese instead?

DeeJay, you'd have to ask the restaurant, but man was it a delicious salad. I try to avoid salads when we eat out at nicer places as there are much more interesting options usually, but I couldn't resist this salad and I was so glad I didn't!

Rod, CONGRATS! And thanks for the anniversary well wishes. Here's to a speedy job hunt for Charlie. I'm glad J is going back to the dentist regularly too. My mom worked in a dental office for years, and babysat the same dentists' son prior to working in their office, so I'm a big fan of the dentist! I rather enjoy having my teeth cleaned.

KC, hooray for a workout.

Apple, how annoying!

Lorelei, hope you're hanging in there with those stupid teeth issues.

So at my interview on Tuesday the HR coordinator shook my hand, then informed me she had a cold...and of course I've caught it (I do not know why I am so susceptible, considering I take my vitamins, eat well, sleep well, etc.). And I'm leaving tomorrow for a week, so I'm trying to pack and all I feel like doing is sitting on my arse. So I'll be MIA until next Friday and probably indulging and imbibing. I'm going to visit friends for a few days, and there's a wine tasting trip involved along with several meals out, and then off to my sisters' for a few more days. I'm really looking forward to going, but know it's not going to be good for my healthy eating lifestyle! Oh well, that's what vacation is all about. I started off a bit early too, more boredom today led me to eat a handful of potato chips and a brownie. Whatever.

I hope you all have a great 7 days, and I'll be back when I get home, ready to work off the extra pounds I gain!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Tomorrow is finally Friday.
36.gif
Yippee. I am working on laundry tonight and need to work on my internet class for fall.
Lorelei, I feel for you girl. I am sure you’ll be miserable for a few days. Big HUGS to you. Rats for having to go back for more torture but they’ll get you all fixed up as good as new. Take care and rest till you get the official okay to workout.
KC, yay for being back on the horse. It sounds like you had a great workout today. I hope your mom feels better soon and that would be awesome for the 2 of you do participate next year.
Appletini, rats for hurrying back for a meeting that was moved. Glad to hear you had a nice workout even though your PT was absent.
Skippy, rats for hitting such a long plateau. Maybe eat a little more and add a bit more exercise just to get everything jump started a bit. My boss swears by eating 10 M&M’s to break a plateau. He’s like Rod where he works out for hours at the gym and never, ever eats bad foods. But he swears by that trick. Also take your measurements. I lose inches when I am not losing weight. Hang in there lady.
DeeJay, hang in there too on getting that scale to budge. As much as you are working out you might be gaining muscle and not show a weight loss. LOL that my cupcake gag peaked your curiosity. Too funny about worrying about it being awkward running in to a former PT. I know what you mean though.
Kimi, rats for catching a cold. They should hire you just to make up for making you sick. Get better soon. I hope you are going somewhere fun for a week. The wine tasting sounds like a blast.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my walk. These lady's that always walk said "oh we always see you out walking," I thought it was funny they noticed me. I caved in and had veggie, chicken soup for dinner. I probably will have raspberry's for dessert! Thanks for all the advice; I hope next week is better! Sweet dreams
9.gif

DEEJAY, that does sound like a bosu, I have seen them at the gym (the contraption you are talking about) but haven't tried it. I use to attend a bosu class all the time; I then got bored because there is only so much you can do on that thing. Then they changed it up to a bosu/step class. Good for you on the workout! You and I should invent something so we can make money too (like the bosu) haha!

ROD, I hope your dinner was yummy tonight and glad you will have Charlie home pretty soon (sending job finding jobs to him)! Yay for landing that recruit w/a co!

KCCUTIE, yay for working out again, your dinner sound yummy!

KIMI, thanks for the tips and have a safe trip! Gosh, I am so sorry about the cold; my hubby gets sick often too! I hope you feel better soon!

DRAGONFLY, I had a fruit soup once and it was delicious!!! YUM!

APPLE, yay for the workout!

LORELEI, hope the teeth heal soon and you don't need any more dental work. I remember all that stuff; the only part I liked was that I use to cheer for high school and I got out of practice for 3 days and a parade
11.gif
3.gif
No teenager wants to go to a parade on a Saturday at 6 in the morning. Sending you a hug!

MARCY, I want an MandM diet. hehe Yay for a fall class!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I use the bosu quite a bit in my workouts thats why I was considering one for at home. if you have the ball side up you can jog on it, or step up and down while doing bicep curls, etc, use it for abs. If you have the flat side up you can use it for push ups, walking push ups, balancing while you try to squat etc. It is actually quite challenging you just have to know all the different exercises to do with it. I''m sure there are other things I haven''t mentioned but those are the ones I do a lot. Oh and with the ball side up you can do single leg lunges/squats too.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........

As usual it''s pretty late and I need to get some sleep. It was another ''uber'' long day and I didn''t leave work till after 6, which put me at the gym later than I like, which meant I didn''t get home till after 9:30. Charlie had baked chicken thighs and fixed a fresh veggie meddly of zuchini, squash, carrots and brussle sprouts, which was just terrific. Then I went back to work and am just now reading today''s posts.

Lorelei, I''m glad the procedure was not that difficult. Yes, blood in one''s mouth is very disconcerting. I''m sure you''ll heal quickly.

Skippy, after reading your daily food list, I agree with everyone else''s assessment. Lower the carbs, increase the protien and I''m betting you''ll have better results. You know how hard the body fights to keep the weight on. I''m also thinking that 1300 calories may be a bit low and your body is fighting back by slowing your metabolism.

I may have missed you already Kimberly, but have a great week. So sorry you''ve caught another cold. Feel better and have fun.

Yay for warming up on the treddie Marcy!! LOL about getting us going on the cupcake polish!!

Thaks KC and yay for being back on the horse!!

Thanks dragon....I agree, yay it''s Thursday and almost Friday!!

Thanks DeeJay. It sounds like rejoining the gym would be a great option for you right now.

If I missed you, it''s not on purpose. Rod is one pooped puppy and is heading to dream land right now. Sleep well everyone!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 2:43:04 PM
Author: Skippy123

Well, like last night I had noodles, with shrimp, and 1 cup fresh veggies in a stirfry (no oils, just pam). Maybe you are right more protein and less carbs? Okay, I will do that see if it can kick start something. Sorry for the vent; it is just has been a few weeks and usually I am patient but today I weighed in and I couldn''t believe it again. Thank you friend!!! Maybe I will try and do more weights see if that helps too. I appreciate it Lorelei!!!
35.gif
Hi Skippy. I totally hear your frustration as I was in the same boat a while ago. What worked for me was to increase my protein and reduce the carbs and eat about 1750 calories a day. I was using the Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle program (there''s a yahoo group on this for support with lots of help).
Increasing my weight training really helped to and whilst the scales didn''t move my clothes got loser and I knew I was building muscle and burning fat.
Then I got fed up with my food in tolerances (bad allergic reaction to things like olives and cheese) so I went to a natropath.
She immediately took me off wheat and dairy and lost 2 kilos in a WEEK!
My allergies are better but I had a extreme one in SF so they are telling me to really eat very carefully for the next 6 weeks. Food is boring and excludes things like tomatoes and even avocados as I have an intolerance to a protein in some foods. If I do this eating for 8 weeks it should ''reset'' my body to a ''normal'' state again and I will be able to eat most foods again. All up in the last 8 weeks I have lost 7 kilos so am not too p**** off to not be able to eat and drink my favourite things.
I probably will never again eat that much dairy or wheat but there are many delicious alternatives.
Anyway if you want anymore info you know how to reach me
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results