shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 3rd Nov till 9th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2008 1:09:45 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Hi everyone!

I''ve mostly been lurking this week as things have been nuts at home and the office. I''m getting ready for a conference in Boston, and leave tonite.

I hit the gym 3 times this week, which was my goal. And I stuck to my healthy eating, except for a few glasses of celebratory election champagne Tuesday eve and dinner out on Wednesday eve (another election celebration!)

My goals during the conference are to work out at least 3 times (tomorrow, Sunday & Monday), and watch my eating. It''s going to be challenging, as i''ll have 14 hour days and many client meals going on but i''m hopeful that i can do it.

I probably won''t be able to post until i''m back in the office on Wednesday, but i plan to lurk as i''ll be needing inspiration to stay in check!

A HUGE congrats to y''all for the Healthy Lifestyle you led this week. YAHOO for lbs lost and workouts!
36.gif
I will raise a glass of ice water to that!
35.gif
You can do it CG with the business meals and get the workouts in!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

dragon glad piggy is doing better
marcyc I live in Chicago. Where are you from? Did you get your ring?
SomethingShiny What program do you DVR for yoga. I wanna do some yoga at home too! :)

My dinner last night was oven baked fried chicken, greens & french onion soup made with chicken stock and no gruyere cheese on top. So fake-french onion. Lunch today was salad, leftover soup and some left over chicken (cut up and put in the salad)

Otherwise, I lost my wallet this weekend and haven't been able to find it
39.gif
I've got no license/id and no credit cards and no CTA cards. I think I'm going to try hitting up the Starbucks where I met a friend which is the last place I SPECIFICALLY remember touching it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I rented up some fun movies for this weekend. . . Iron Man and Indiana Jones. I woke up super late this morning; I am ashamed to say what time.
emembarrassed.gif
Hubby usually wakes me up when he kisses me goodbye. It was his day off but went into work at 10 am to get somethings done. I was looking at kids blocks online for my nephew but can''t tell if they would be nice or not? Nothing too exciting here. I didn''t workout today; maybe because I am warm and toasty inside and it was a high of 50''s or something cold like that outdoors. hehe I guess I need to start walking on the treadmill at the gym instead of outside.

TGIF!!!!!!! Everyone have a great weekend!

SHARON, howdy! Stay warm!!

KIMI ahh, that is so sweet you adore your nephew; I feel the same about mine. They are just so dang cute when they are little and it is fun talking to them now that they can talk. Wooo hooo for your jog!!

ROD, yummy for sushi tonight! I am dying for sushi! Maybe sometime soon! Glad you got a great workout in!

MARCY I love wine; maybe I will have a glass tonight! I hope you sleep well. It was windy here too; I hate wind.
14.gif
Yum, your dinner sounds good too! Take pics of the snow pls!

SDL, yay for a haircut; I need to get my haircut but I need to go to a new guy. My guy use to be so good but now he does a bad job and I pay lots of money for a bad job so I think I will try someone new. Hugs!

GECKO, yay for 1 lb lost!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

DRAGON, did you get your haircut friend? Glad the piggy is doing well, yippeee!! ewwww, I hate mice and rats too!

PANDA ~ hi friend! Yay for the gym, which movie did you rent? Okay, I will post the recipe for you now!
1.gif

CHRGR hi there pretty lady!!! Yay for the gym and celebrating Tues; I was celebrating too. hehe

LLIANG_CHI ahhh, I love Chicago!!! Darn, I hope you find your wallet; I am sorry and how stressful! Yum your dinner and lunch sound good!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday.

I didn''t work out today, came home and vegged. We''re having CL chicken and dumplings.

Skip, they''re fun at every age.

Have a great night all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........Man was it ever a loooooong Friday at work. I got in early (before 8) and didn''t leave until around 6:30. Finally, Charlie and I met at favorite sushi place #1 around 7 PM. We ran into a friend and her daughter (different mom and daughter than our dinner Monday) and we had a nice visit. We had coffee at the closer Sbucks afterwards. Charle''s off tomorrow, so we''re going to have a nice quiet day. The gym is closed for their annual family picnic. We may go to the annual car show at the convention center. It''s always fun to be able to see virtually every single car commercially available in the US under one roof. Plus the concept cars are pretty cool too. We have a gift certificate to The Palm, so we''re going there tomorrow night for dinner.

I''ts after 11 again, so I''m sorry for not saying hey to everyone individually. I''ll do better this weekend, promise! Yay. Tomorrow''s Saturday, which means I can sleep in and I so look forward to being able to do that on the weekends. Sleep well everyone!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi friends - I had to relinquish the weightloss pool.
39.gif
My work schedule this year is so unpredictable - we''re starting to work into the nights now for a new big research study. I haven''t had any PS time at all this week until now!!

Well last weekend I had a great swim lesson and all week the Husband has been cooking every night. It''s amazing. And he''s really getting into cooking healthier meals. We have some mushy bananas in the fridge so this weekend I have to find something to do with them.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday everyone!

I skimmed the thread this week after posting on Monday. It sounds like everyone is doing well.

Dragon -- Blossom is adorable! I hope she gets better soon, and I hope you don''t have to put her down.

Kim -- chicken and dumplings sounds really good. I''ve never had it, but I''m sure I''d love it. Have you posted the recipe? Ooh, never mind -- I jsut remembered you said it was from CL. I''ll browse through their site and see if I can find it.

SDL -- congrats on the size 8 pants!

Marcy -- wine...yum! What kind do you like? I like either white wine or champagne. We had a bottle of wine at dinner the other night and it was so good.

Canuk -- snow already???
38.gif

Gecko -- great job for losing a pound!

I''m still sick and feeling so wiped out. It''s my own fault for not going to the doctor last week but I didn''t have time. The earliest appointment I could make for next week was for Thursday afternoon. The OTC stuff I''ve been taking isn''t doing much. I''ve been keeping up with the gym though, but I''m taking it easy on the treadmill since it''s hard to breathe.

We got some bad news on Wednesday. We were so excited about Obama''s win, but the wind was let out of our sails soon afterward. My husband was laid off. He worked for a student loan company in the city, and well, we all know what''s been happening with the economy. My husband was afraid he''d be let go back in May when they had their first round of layoffs. He was saved then and later, when they had their second round of lay offs. Third time was the charm though. We can''t live off just my teacher''s salary, so it''s going to be a tough few time. We could be way worse off though, we know that. My stomach''s been in knots, but my husband doesn''t seem too concerned about finding something else. I hope that day comes sooner rather than later.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning ladies and gents! Didn''t get much work out last night. we went to a highschool foot ball game lolol Got up and bathed my doggie, and am going to go run later.
Panda everyone has to take a little break sometimes. Thanks for following piggy''s story
charger - have a good conference
lliang - CANCEL THE CREDIT CARDS ASAP
Skippy - hi deary!!! SLEEP IN DAYS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol No hair done yet. I''m going to talk to a guy today... hopefully. Probably won''t do anything today though as I have a wedding to go to.
Kim - I LOVE chicken and dumplings
Rod - your life seems so relaxed and enchanting. coffee with friends, coffee under the tree, sushi, gym, you always have fun
CJ - BANANA BREAD

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CJ and Zoe!
35.gif

DF how is dear piggy today?

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all.

Well my staff night out was amazing. I got rather drunk! Aa a result though, I have been eating rubbish today. I am just putting it down to a bad day and starting afresh tomorrow. No point punishing myself.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning.

Zoe, I combined two recipes and modified a bit, so I posted it to our recipes thread. I''d made a CL C''n''D recipe before and wasn''t too thrilled with it, so I played this time and it came out great. I''m so sorry about your husbands'' situation. I can imagine you are feeling a lot of upset and concern. My best to the two of you.

CJ, no worries about the tally! It''s great that work is busy for you.

Marcy, thanks for your sympathy; unfortunately angry parents come with the territory of teaching sometimes, but it''s never easy to stomach.

dragon, we had two mice living in our house for a while, we couldn''t figure out where. My husband made it his mission to get rid of them, it was a farce that lasted about two weeks, it culminated in him ripping out my wine refridgerator to find them (they''d made a nest above the fan). He was so frustrated that whole time, and I thought it was quite funny. I will conquer that hill, for sure.

Panda, I hope you chose a movie that you could get lost in for a bit.

Charger, you''re already gone, but I hope you have a safe and productive trip.

Skip, if it makes you feel better I slept from 9 last night until 7:45 this morning.

Munky, it''s okay to have off days.

I''m not feeling so hot this morning. Stuffy head, blech. My aunt is going to be here this weekend and wanted to stop by and visit and I had to say no, as I would hate to get her and her fiance sick. Bummer. I''m going to rest today, and hopefully tomorrow we can do something relaxing and fun tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2008 10:32:15 AM
Author: merrymunky
Hello all.

Well my staff night out was amazing. I got rather drunk! Aa a result though, I have been eating rubbish today. I am just putting it down to a bad day and starting afresh tomorrow. No point punishing myself.
Thats the spirit MM!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Didn''t get to check on my wallet today, but I want to try tomorrow.
7.gif
I might have to get up early and drop James to class. There''s a NU v OSU game and he''s pretty sure parking is going to be a nightmare...

I did go on a run today. The only way I can get myself to run in the cold is to buy new cold weather running stuff that I want to try out. Last time it was some super cute running socks (merino wool so it wicks the moisture away) and this time was new gloves I bought... Maybe next time I''ll buy a hat or a jacket with shiny reflective stuff on it... Anyway, I took the dog. She still doesn''t like running but she came along for all 3 miles. HUGE deal for her! So she should be nice and tired for the rest of the weekend. Hooray for tired dogs
5.gif

Dinner tonight was risotto with pieces of chicken breast and veggies. I''m the only one that cooks at home; James is far too embarrassed to make anything for me because I cook pretty well. Is it me or sometimes you just don''t FEEL like cooking... Sigh. Tomorrow James said he wants to go out to dinner with me. Yay.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2008 12:24:37 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Hi everyone!

Didn''t get to check on my wallet today, but I want to try tomorrow.
7.gif
I might have to get up early and drop James to class. There''s a NU v OSU game and he''s pretty sure parking is going to be a nightmare...

I did go on a run today. The only way I can get myself to run in the cold is to buy new cold weather running stuff that I want to try out. Last time it was some super cute running socks (merino wool so it wicks the moisture away) and this time was new gloves I bought... Maybe next time I''ll buy a hat or a jacket with shiny reflective stuff on it... Anyway, I took the dog. She still doesn''t like running but she came along for all 3 miles. HUGE deal for her! So she should be nice and tired for the rest of the weekend. Hooray for tired dogs
5.gif

Dinner tonight was risotto with pieces of chicken breast and veggies. I''m the only one that cooks at home; James is far too embarrassed to make anything for me because I cook pretty well. Is it me or sometimes you just don''t FEEL like cooking... Sigh. Tomorrow James said he wants to go out to dinner with me. Yay.
Frequently! Also it can be so difficult deciding what to cook, that is the hardest part for me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick check in; I am having internet problems.
14.gif
14.gif
I will come back tonight to post to you all if they clear up. Hubby and I are watching indiana Jones and we may go test drive some cars just for fun. I probably will go for a walk this afternoon. Have a great day all
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay, I think the internet is back up *knocks on wood* hehe Also, a few new recipes have been posted in the Healthy recipe thread started by Mara.
3.gif

KIMI I say your recipe it looks good! Yay for a long sleep! hehe thanks friend!

ROD I am totally craving sushi, yum! Enjoy your dinner tonight at the Palm!!! Sounds like a great evening! Yay for car fun!

CJ, yay for hubby cooking healthy meals!!!

Zoe, hope you feel better!

Dragon, yay for all your awesome runs! I woke up early today. hehe It was nice sleeping in yesterday though.

Lorelei, hello!

MERRYMUNKY have a great day!

DEEJAY, are you back????

LLIANG ah, cancel your cc''s. Yay for a run!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Saturday!

This has been a lost week for me. I didn''t go crazy on my diet but haven''t been keeping up with the gym. I''ve been SO tired that I''ve fallen asleep after dinner three nights in a row! Okay, I''ll admit I was a little bad this morning. I had brunch with a girlfriend. We shared a slice of red velvet cake for dessert. Goodness, that was so moist and delish!!! FI is at a poker game tonight so I''m left to my own devices. After this post, I''m headed to the gym to work off that cake!

ChargerGrrl, YAY for getting to the gym three times this week and for sticking to your healthy eating! Hope you have a nice time at your conference in Boston.

Lliang, Ooh, your faux french onion soup sounds good! I have a hard time turning down the gruyere whenever I have that soup. Yeow, sorry you lost your wallet
14.gif
Did you find it?

Hi Skippy! Sadly, I didn''t make it to the gym or watch a movie last night
15.gif
I fell asleep at 8pm, right after dinner! I''ll look for your recipe! Did you enjoy Indy Jones? What did you guys test drive?

Hi Rod! Sorry for your long Friday. But yay for sushi and ooooh, I''m jealous of your dinner at the Palm.

CrownJewel, YAY to your DH for cooking every night. That''s cool you''re taking swim lessons!

Zoe, sorry you''re still sick. You''re such a trooper for keeping up with the gym nonetheless! I''m SO sorry to hear about your DH''s lay off
7.gif
I hope he finds something he likes soon.

Hi Dragonfly! Awww, high school football! Gosh, I can''t remember the last time I went to a game! Yay for going for a run! How''s Blossom doing?

Merry, it''s okay to have some fun sometimes! As you said, no point in punishing yourself, as tomorrow''s another day.

Kim, Sorry you''re not feeling well. Hope you get some rest!

Hope everyone''s having a great weekend!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........we had a really nice day today. I slept until 9:30 AM, which was such a treat! It was a beautiful morning, so we really enjoyed our coffee, scone and bowl of fresh fruit on the terrace. So pleasant and relaxing! Then, since our gym was closed today for their annual family picnic day, we did something we haven't done in several months and that was to go for a run outside. We were not looking forward to it to be honest. I don't think we had run since last April, so we thought it might be really hard after not running for so long. But, to be honest, it was terrific. We ran 3.2 miles (the equivalent of a 5K) and it felt just terrific. My legs felt a little like mush afterwards, but it was just such a nice day for a run. It made us realize we should run outside more often. We had lunch at our favorite little deli, followed by having my car washed. By the time we made it Sbucks under the oak, and enjoyed a cup of coffee, it was just too late to make it to the car show. We had reservations at the Palm at 6:30. Dinner at the Palm was great. We each had a nice salad and then we split a 5 lb., lobster, accompanied by creamed spinach (one of my favorites!). We managed to avoid their amazing desserts altogther and just stopped off at Sbucks on our way home for a nice cup of decaf! The best part of our dinner was the cost. We had a gift certificate we've had for a while, so it was free. Free is a beautiful thing! Charlie's working tomorrow, so I'll be on my own, but I'll do some errands and go to the gym in the afternoon.

Hey CJ, it's nice to see you. Sorry your schedule's been so unpredictable lately.......take care........

Zoe, I'm so sorry to see your husband was laid off. It's just such tough times out there. When we were both laid off last year, it was an unsettled time for sure. I know it looks bad at the moment, but things will work out and as long you both have your health and you love and support each other, you'll be just fine. We'll all be wishing nothing but the best for your hubby to find a great job soon.

Hey dragon, I'm not sure our life is enchanting, but we are lucky to have a pretty good one, that's for sure. I hope you enjoyed your run this afternoon!!

merry, we all have bad days occassionally. You just have to get yourself back up ad get back on the wagon again and it sounds like that's just what you plan to do anyway!!

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Kimberly. Feel better soon!

I'm glad you and the dog enjoyed your run today lliang! I've never run in the cold, so that would be a new sensation. I don't like to run when it's really hot outside (and it's really hot in Florida for at least 6 months), so we only run outside about 6 months of the year. And not, it's not just you, we often don't feel like cooking anything. That's what salad bars and precooked meals are for!!

Skippy, I hope you get to scratch your sushi itch soon! Dinner tonight was just fantastic! Lobster.....YUMMM

Hey Panda.........yummmm to red velvet cake. Sometimes, you just have to treat yourself to something fun! And thanks, as you saw, dinner tonight was really great!

OK......I hope everyone had a great Saturday. Sleep well everyone and have a really nice Sunday. It's supposed to be crystal clear and 77 degrees here tomorrow. It just doesn't get much better than that!!
30.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
I feel like your piggy, Dragonfly.OMG – free meals on vendors is BAD for Marcy’s sensible eating.Oh well, I told Marty tomorrow we eat RIGHT again.
9.gif

Last night I picked up my spinel ring at the mall and am quite pleased with it.

Today I ran down to Denver to swap a green sapphire solitaire pendant for a larger solitaire pendant and picked up green sapphire earrings too.They were in WG and I needed YG so I will get them in the mail Thursday.

I told Marty all he needs to do for Christmas this year is put my jewelry box under the tree.

11.gif

Lorelei, so even animals can benefit from pep talks and a little help from their friends.

SanDiegoLady, I’ve been thinking about blonding up my hair a bit.I have strawberry blonde hair that used to be lighter.I understand your fear about a stylist being scissor happy.It takes so long to grow out hair that I hate to get it cut too much.

Geckodani, rats for having stress at work.Congratulations for losing a pound this week.

36.gif

Dragonfly, I am so in agreement with you about rats and mice scurrying around.Aak!We had mice in the place we lived in when we first got married.I made them a batch of D-Con surprise stupid little furry !@#$%s varmints.

Panda, sorry you had a long week at work.Rest up this weekend!Snow is in the forecast again this week; I hope we don’t get 45 inches like South Dakota had.I posted pictures of my new spinel ring here.

ChargerGirl, have fun at your conference.Good luck getting in your workouts too.

Lliang, oh girl I am so sorry to hear about losing your wallet.I hear that is such a PAIN to get everything cancelled.I hope you don’t have anyone charging things on your cards.I live in Wyoming – the windy state.Ha Ha.

Skippy, how fun to sleep in for a change.I was up at my normal time today.Marty’s friend was going to picked him up for golf at 7 am.Our snow is melted but I will take pictures when we have some snow.The wind was better today but still very breezy.I hope your wind has died down.

Kimi, chicken and dumplings sound good.Marty is going to try chicken tortellini soup for us tomorrow.I’ve had some angry students but only one angry parent at the college.It is never fun no matter who you are dealing with.I hope you feel better tonight and had some nice down time today.

Rod, sorry you missed the car show.Sleeping in and having free dinner at the Palm sounds like a great way to spend the day.Enjoy your warm and sunny day – we are expecting snow.Rats.

CrownJewel, good luck on your big research project.That is great your husband is cooking and cooking healthy meals.

Zoe, big hugs to you and your husband.Good luck to him finding another job.Feel better too_One of the girls that works for me has strep.I like white wine and champagne.Great minds think alike.I also like some red wine.I used to like the sweeter wines but now I find I don’t want the really sweet wine.

Merrymunky, no worries there is always tomorrow.The important thing is you had fun last night.
Have a great Sunday!
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I think you should blond your hair up a bit, and do you know I think a sleek bob haircut would REALLY suit you also if you felt like a change!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all. I hope you are all having a pleasant Sunday afternoon. I have not done anything toda. I should get the laundry done really.

I spent most of yesterday recovering from the Friday night. Today I have been slobbed in front of the TV. Not really very helpful but I am about to get up and go do something!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Quick check in...this past month at work has been crazy busy so I really haven''t exercised much at all. I finally "worked out" on Thurs with my workout partner but it barely qualifies. For our warmup we were going to walk for 10 min, then walked 20 min, did two quick weight exercises, 2 abs, and then were done. Yesterday I did my walk/jog around the neighborhood for the first time in a very long time, so it was good to get out and enjoy the great weather. I gues the other thing holding me back is that with the time change it gets dark so early. 30 min after I get home from work it is dark, and I feel totally safe in my neighborhood, but just don''t feel comfortable being out after dark. Although this week my social calendar is open and I''m going to try and make the effort to get in a quick 30 min walk/jog when I get home in the evenings. My belly is getting big again and I took some pants to get hemmed and when I put them on it was bad.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Gang!!!
35.gif
Hubby and I test drove some bmw's for fun; I need a new car in the next couple of years and I read they had some good deals going on. hehe Nope, no new cars for me yet and probably won't be a bemmer, but I can daydream, right?!
2.gif
Hubby and I watched Iron Man and Indie Jones; pretty good for rentals. Next weekend hubs and I are excited to see the new James Bond movie coming out!!! We are off to lunch soon; I have been lazy about working out Fri and yesterday. I plan to get a bike ride in! Hope everyones day is FAB
9.gif
12.gif

PANDA it sounds like you are working hard; I hope things slow down a bit so you can get your workout in. I love reading story's about you and your FI; you two sound so cute!! Yum to the red velvet cake; I only had it once and it sort of tastes like chocolate w/out being to strong. Glad you had a great time w/the girls!

ROD glad you had an awesome free lobster! Jealous here. hehe wooo hooo for the fun! Sounds like a fab day out in sunny Tampa! heeh

MARCY I am getting a haircut soon; I am in desperate need of one. hehe Lovely spinel!!!! Glad Marty went golfing; burrrr! hehe

LORELEI, howdy!

MERRYMUNKY, Yay for doing something!

APPLE, yay for walk/jog. Don't work too hard!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Still here, still sick. Been spending a lot of time doing nothing. It''s a good day to be stuck at home: cold, wet, grey. I love these days, and an excuse not to go out in them.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!We had a nice and lazy day.I made toast, bacon (jerky) and scrambled eggs for breakfast.When we were at Whole Foods we bought some peppered bacon and it suggested 1 minute per piece of bacon.I was going to make Marty 4 and me 1 piece so I cooked them in the microwave for 5 minutes and we had bacon jerky!Rats.Marty ate them and said they weren’t too bad.What a guy!Then we went to his parents house to borrow a food processor.Marty made chicken meatballs and chicken tortellini soup.It was pretty good but very filling.I think the chicken meatballs are denser than beef.

Lorelei, that is amazing you suggest a bob for me – Marty was pointing them out too in the hairstyle magazine I picked up.I really like Christina Applegate’s hair in Samantha Who.Maybe that is what I’ll end up getting in a few weeks.I am ready for a change!

Merrymunky, glad to hear you recovered from Friday night.I hope you found something fun to do today.

Appletini, I don’t feel comfortable walking in the dark either.Our receiver has been broken in our bedrooms so I’ve been bad about walking on the treadmill too.My IPOD doesn’t amuse me as much as TV does.

Skippy, how fun to drive BMW’s.It’s fun to car shop.I am anxious to see the new James Bond movie too.I am looking forward to my perm on the 26th – I want wash and wear hairdos and I like Lorelei’s suggestion of a bob.I think chin length is good for me.Are you going to get a new hairdo?

Kimi, I was very lazy today too.I have on sweats and haven’t done much but play with the camera.I am sorry to hear you still don’t feel well.I hope you get better soon.

Well, I must get back to school work.

Laters,

Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes Kim, Panda, Rod, and Marcy. I''m sure that my husband will find something but it''s hard not knowing when that will be. If I thought we could make it on my salary alone, I wouldn''t worry so much. I''m keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed that something will come along sooner rather than later.

Marcy -- I''ve had a few glasses of Reisling lately but it''s pretty sweet (a little too sweet). I also like Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio as well. My husband and I never think to have alcohol in the house, although we do enjoy a drink or two when we go out to dinner or if we''re hanging out with friends. Given the choice of a drink or dessert though, I''d always choose dessert. That''s my weakness.
9.gif

Kim -- I''m sorry you''re not feeling well either. I''ve been on the couch or in bed all day. We''ve watched movies and I''ve napped, but I feel like a complete slug. It was a nice day here today (in northern New England), and I hated not enjoying the weather. I''m assuming you have Tuesday off from work because it''s Veteran''s Day. Hopefully you can rest then and just take it easy.

Panda -- I read your psot about red velvet cake. I''ve never had it but it sounds yummy. I always thought it was just white cake that had red food coloring in it. It tastes like chocolate though? Hmmm, maybe I''ll have to look for it sometime.
18.gif

Skippy -- what kind of car are you hoping to get when the time comes? It''s fun test driving cars, isn''t it?

Hi Apple! I love changing the clocks back but I hate that it gets dark so early.

Hi Merry and Lorelei!

Tacori -- are you out there? How are things going? I hope all is well! I loved seeing T in her Halloween costume.
1.gif

Okay, I''m off to go make a sandwich for dinner. I''ll try to pop back in later.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 65 min walk; it was cold out so I was walking around in a wool sweater and jeans but warmed up toward the end. We had barbecue for lunch so I need to work off those calories. hehe
3.gif
I wanted to bike today but it was too cold for that. Hopefully it will warm up next weekend.

KIMI, I hope you feel better soon. It is pretty grey here too.

ZOE, I am sorry about hubby; I will cross my fingers he finds something soon and keep him in my prayers!!! Not sure yet but I think my car has a couple of years left; I hope. hehe It is fun to test drive them; I have not test drove a car in 9 yrs!!!!!

MARCY, did you eat the bacon? I can't eat it when it gets that hard. lol I am sorry, that is bummer; I use to microwave it but it did that once and now I fry it and pat it dry.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, those are some of my fav wines too but I am like you - desserts are more preferable than alcohol. We couldn't live on my income either; my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your husband.

Skippy, I am glad you had a nice long walk and that is nice you didn't get too cold. I should try frying the bacon and patting it down. I only eat one piece anyway. ETA: I didn't eat the bacon - it was way too done for me.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Well I thought I would check in one last time to this week''s thread.

I am heading off to bed now.

Hopefuly we will b doing the netball training after work tomorow night. Should be fun.

See you all in the new thread.

*hugs for everyone and best wishes for another great week ahead*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, your hubby sounds like a sweetie pie!
1.gif

MM, hugs back and sweet dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results