shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 3rd Nov till 9th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I need some help shovelling snow! Wow--we got a bit all right--and it is still socming down. That will be my workout this morning--moving all that wet heavy snow!!!! It is good for me though--activates my brain and I need it for studying these days!!

Have a great day all!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Morning all!

Thanks Lorelei for the kind words. I did always find it to be hurtful, but I''m over it. Now, when people see me, particularly those that made those comments now say, "Man, you''ve lost some weight..." hehehehe

So for today, because I typically get hungry in the afternoon while at work, I''m going to try something a little different. I have my "snacks" here and I''m going to start portioning those too. So, my trail mix is being poured in a cup so that I don''t end up eating the whole jar in one sitting (yes, I''ve done it plenty of times before...
26.gif
) And, I''m going to take a new approach of not being afraid to eat something when I''m hungry. I had an epiphany yesterday that the longer I stay hungry, the more I eat in one sitting. So here we go...

SDL, congrats of finding those gorgeous pants. I''m sure they''ll look lovely on you.
MissDimity, welcome to the club! While you already look fabulous, there''s definitely nothing wrong with trying to be more healthy.
Steph, funny story! It''s amazing how common a mistake that is! One of my co-workers is on Jenny Craig and she''s doing wonderfully. I think she''s lost 20 pounds or something. But she''s already talking about what she''s going to eat after she''s off the program. Tried to tell her that the whole point of WW and Jenny and others is to teach you how to eat properly. I don''t look forward to if she goes back to her regular ways and gains the weight back.
38.gif

geckodani, LOL!!! I know when I''m at home, for some reason, I have a stronger urge to eat. Not sure why. Glad to see I''m not the only one.
canuk-gal, as far as I''m concerned, shovelling is one of the best exercise! When I lived with my mother, all during high school and college I shovelled during the winter and boy was it a chore and a blast at the same time! Just don''t over-exert yourself.

Well, that''s it for me... Sorry if I missed anyone and a happy healthy day to everyone!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys! I was running around yesterday so I didn''t get to check in. Hope everyone had a good election day.

I have been doing pretty well, I need to go to the grocery tonight so I can stay on track!

My BF got me a Wii Fit for my bday!!!! I am so excited to try it! I am hoping the yoga part of it is good. Anyone have one?

Dragonfly- It''s Wednesday!!
10.gif
Here we go!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 9:52:04 AM
Author: Miscka
Hi guys! I was running around yesterday so I didn''t get to check in. Hope everyone had a good election day.

I have been doing pretty well, I need to go to the grocery tonight so I can stay on track!

My BF got me a Wii Fit for my bday!!!! I am so excited to try it! I am hoping the yoga part of it is good. Anyone have one?

10.gif
Here we go!

Oh, I have one! I got it about a month and a half ago. It''s not too shabby, but be prepared to get your feelings hurt everyone once in awhile. For me, they start my Mii off as thin until I do the Body Test, then they fatten her up and keep saying, "That''s overweight!", with some undesireable sound bites in the background. Also during the body test, if the systems determines that your body is "older" than your actual age, it can also be a little harsh about that. But enough about the bad stuff. The yoga is pretty fun. The personal trainers are pretty helpful and positive and I think it gives you like 12-15 yoga positions to try out. Hope you have fun! I do!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone.

Last night I didn''t get a run in because I was swamped with work stuff. I was banging my head against a wall for the past 3 days, then all of a sudden I got a brain wave and pounded through the rest of the stuff I had to do! It''s awesome when something like that happens! But I really wanted to run yesterday. Maybe today.

MarcyC thanks for the suggestion to take my baked goods to work, but I work from home now.
7.gif
I used to do that when I went to an office. I"m tempted to give it to my dog, except she gets sick whenever she eats table food.

For dinner I made some stir fried bead thread noodles with shrimp & veggies. The noodles made from mung beans so they''re actually very carb friendly. You can find them in any Asian grocery stores, it''s called Bean Thread or Mung Noodles. I picked my sister up after her trip to Germany and she brought back all sorts of yummy treats for James.

Last night James and I drank a bottle of wine. Last red wine bottle in my stock, so we''re going to need to go wine shopping this weekend. Especially with Thanksgiving coming up.

Miscka & Diva, how are those Wii Fits? I was thinking of getting one for my sister. She goes on travel a lot and I figured she can do the yoga stuff with it so she can still stay healthy.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning! Well last night was somewhat eventful. My pig got attacked by a dog
7.gif
She has a tattered ear but otherwise seems ok. I got in 20 squats, 20 lunges each side, 20 curtises each side, 20 plie''s, did some weight work to build my arms and shoulders, and 100 sit ups. So I felt good afterwards. Dinner was spaghetti. Watched some of the election stuff and went to bed. I knew at Ohio who was going to win. Today I''m planning to work out with a friend after work. Should be fun, we normally do Biggest Loser Cardio together and some situps or crunches!

Diva - Working out BUILDS energy - I''m glad you like kickboxing
Ilove - I have to try that breakkie!!! SOUNDS YUMMO! and I love your avatar!!!
marcy -hope you don''t freeze out there!
Rod - glad you had a good work out
Miss D - Join Miscka and I for a no candy challenge!! Have fruit or a granola bar instead!!
Steph - great story and example. It is DEFINITELY a lifestyle change.
KimH- how was tutoring and the gym?
Gecko - you can''t eat it if it isn''t there so don''t buy extras tee hee. JK maybe you could keep a notepad on the fridge to remind you to write your points?
Canuk - good arm and back work out too!
Miscka - I''m with ya girlie! LETS GO!
Lliang - your dinner sounds yummy

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 10:20:39 AM
Author: Diva0413

10.gif
Here we go!

Oh, I have one! I got it about a month and a half ago. It''s not too shabby, but be prepared to get your feelings hurt everyone once in awhile. For me, they start my Mii off as thin until I do the Body Test, then they fatten her up and keep saying, ''That''s overweight!'', with some undesireable sound bites in the background. Also during the body test, if the systems determines that your body is ''older'' than your actual age, it can also be a little harsh about that. But enough about the bad stuff. The yoga is pretty fun. The personal trainers are pretty helpful and positive and I think it gives you like 12-15 yoga positions to try out. Hope you have fun! I do!

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Now I don''t want to try it!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, your poor little piggywig....
39.gif

I hope she will be ok....I DESPERATELY want a pet piggy! Have you had her long?

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 11:28:25 AM

Date: 11/5/2008 10:20:39 AM
Author: Diva0413

10.gif
Here we go!

Oh, I have one! I got it about a month and a half ago. It''s not too shabby, but be prepared to get your feelings hurt everyone once in awhile. For me, they start my Mii off as thin until I do the Body Test, then they fatten her up and keep saying, ''That''s overweight!'', with some undesireable sound bites in the background. Also during the body test, if the systems determines that your body is ''older'' than your actual age, it can also be a little harsh about that. But enough about the bad stuff. The yoga is pretty fun. The personal trainers are pretty helpful and positive and I think it gives you like 12-15 yoga positions to try out. Hope you have fun! I do!

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Now I don''t want to try it!!!!!

Nah, don''t let it deter you. At first it hurt my feelings, but I''ve gotten use to it telling me that. I ended up liking it because it keeps me going and reminds me everyday that I have a goal. By the way, the Body Test isn''t a requirement so you can avoid that part completely. You can just do the training session and focus on yoga, strength training, aerobics (I love the hula hoop!) and much more!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

I''m half-awake this morning. Yesterday, we hosted a small election party and then I burned the midnight oil because I had to wrap up some work after everyone left. FI and I agreed to a one day moritorium on our month-long gym pact because, between getting to the polls, tidying up for our party, and hanging out with our friends, there just wasn''t any time to work out. We have a TON of bad food left over from last night that I''m gonna my hardest to avoid like the plague. At least there''s a gigantic salad that I''m looking forward to diving into tonight, after indulging a bit last night on fish tacos, pizza, chips and dip.

Sorry for not saying hi to everyone. I have a ton of work to get to today
8.gif
Hope everyone''s doing well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick check in; I have been working out (pushing my nephew in a stroller and walked yesterday). Monday I had my nephew and yesterday I had a lot of errands and then watched tv w/hubby. Nothing too exciting here but sending everyone a hug and kudos for all your healthy strides!!!! Dragon, prayers for your dear pig. Have a great and WONDERFUL DAY Everyone
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the piggy wishes. She''s doing well so far

Lorelei - I got Dear piggy last year. I had wanted one for a while as I''ve never raised one. My family''s friends had a new... litter? LOL of piglets! Mom was 300 lbs and dad was 500 lbs. I picked her out of the bunch, she seemed the most curious, let me pet her where the others wouldn''t. I carried her to the truck (we put her in a dog crate) and brought her home. She''s probably close to 450lbs now. VERY VERY smart!!! She is an escape artist (which is how she got attacked), knows what food she likes best (leftovers and whole corn pls thankyou), knows when myself or SO''s mom are out there (she barks when we come out... and I do mean bark), and loves duckies (she now has 12 babies to take care of, please stay out of her way, thanks). LOLOL I love her. She is a riot. She''s especially fond of lasagna..... kindof like Garfield.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 12:51:48 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Thanks everyone for the piggy wishes. She''s doing well so far

Lorelei - I got Dear piggy last year. I had wanted one for a while as I''ve never raised one. My family''s friends had a new... litter? LOL of piglets! Mom was 300 lbs and dad was 500 lbs. I picked her out of the bunch, she seemed the most curious, let me pet her where the others wouldn''t. I carried her to the truck (we put her in a dog crate) and brought her home. She''s probably close to 450lbs now. VERY VERY smart!!! She is an escape artist (which is how she got attacked), knows what food she likes best (leftovers and whole corn pls thankyou), knows when myself or SO''s mom are out there (she barks when we come out... and I do mean bark), and loves duckies (she now has 12 babies to take care of, please stay out of her way, thanks). LOLOL I love her. She is a riot. She''s especially fond of lasagna..... kindof like Garfield.
I. must. have. piggy. pictures.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I am so jealous.
27.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all!

Just a quicky, I will be back later to join nthe thread properly but just wanted to let you all know that I did my weight in on Monday and acccording tio my scales I have lost 2.5lbs!!

Woot. Can''t believe I forgot to mention that on Monday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 1:14:23 PM
Author: merrymunky
Hey all!

Just a quicky, I will be back later to join nthe thread properly but just wanted to let you all know that I did my weight in on Monday and acccording tio my scales I have lost 2.5lbs!!

Woot. Can't believe I forgot to mention that on Monday!
Congrats!!!!
36.gif
great job and good strides!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - Just for you
Mind you, this is the beginning of this year. I''ll have to get some new ones of her. She stands almost to my waist now. I could easily ride her like a pony

l_222e1f929d83671c54cae5d44724093f.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!! Piggy is STINKIN' cute!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL at her muddy little snout!!
9.gif

Thanks so much for the pics DF, what is her name???

I am still so jealous!
39.gif

MM - WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE ON THE 2.5 POUNDS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MM - GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorelei - I named her Blossom. I had to do the most piggiest piggy name ever. LOL That one stuck.

We had a wild one we captured once, we wanted to rehab her... she had a very inflamed bite, or cut? on her side. She was crazy though, she ended up getting out and running away. I never named her as we had every intention of releasing her some day when she was ready.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 2:11:27 PM
MM - GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorelei - I named her Blossom. I had to do the most piggiest piggy name ever. LOL That one stuck.

We had a wild one we captured once, we wanted to rehab her... she had a very inflamed bite, or cut? on her side. She was crazy though, she ended up getting out and running away. I never named her as we had every intention of releasing her some day when she was ready.
She looks like a Blossom...I am still laughing at that dirty little snout, bless her!
30.gif

That is a shame about the wild piggywig, but you did your best!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yeah she doesn''t keep a clean snout well. We''ve tried feeding containers but she knocks them all down and destroys them. So she eats her corn off the ground
7.gif
She''s destroyed three big hanging feed bins, two large ground bowls and a plastic cooler. So I gave up

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 2:44:17 PM
Yeah she doesn''t keep a clean snout well. We''ve tried feeding containers but she knocks them all down and destroys them. So she eats her corn off the ground
7.gif
She''s destroyed three big hanging feed bins, two large ground bowls and a plastic cooler. So I gave up
LOL! I think I would do the same!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I get to go see her after work! I''m hoping to get some jogging in as well on the road outside of SO''s mom''s house (which is where dear piggy is kept due to space requirements). It''ll be dark by the time I get there so no trails this time (too many spider webs). Lorelei I''ll get new pics of her this weekend.

Miscka - how ya doing girlfriend

Skippy - What have you been up to today? I haven''t heard a lot from you friend!

Julianna - DID YOU DO YOUR CHALLENGE CUZ I DID!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that piggy is SOOOOOOOO cute! Ha I LOVE animals. There was a piggy on Craiglist and it was soo cute.. but since I live in an APT. that would not work out. So instead we got TWO kitties! We took them to the vet today and they weight 4 lbs 8 oz. and 4 lbs. 10 oz.... HUGE haha. I haven''t had the motivation to work out that much this week, I am a little sad for some reason. I made my own dinner tonight and it was SOOO good.. a chicken breast on the George Foreman that had cajun and cayenne pepper, brocoli with cheddar cheese, and some rice. YUMMM... Well good job MERRY MUNKY! You are already starting out GREAT! that''s pretty HUGE if you think about losing 2.5 pounds every week... 10 pounds!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Keep up the good work everyone! and welcome Miss Dimity. I think you look great, but I do agree that it''s better to eat healthy too! I know eating bad will come back and bite you in the butt when you least expect it. One of my friends eats like ALL of these oreos, kirspy cremes, yucky food, and I doubt anyone would be able to keep doing that forever.

On a side note, I read an article today in a magazine about how there IS such thing of a "skinny fat". Ex. when someone has a large percentage of body fat but they are still within the weight they should be for their height. I thought it was quite interesting... which is why it''s so great everyone here has been focusing on the eating healthy!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

I guess the moral of the story here is good job!!! hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
We had snow on the patio this morning but none on the ground.It is certainly cold and windy tonight.I left baked potatoes on time bake in the oven for supper and Marty cooked a London broil on the stove.It’s too cold to heat up the grill.
Rod, I am surprised the gym would be so busy on election night.
SanDiegoLady, good plan to get basic classic pieces to wear.You can always mix and match them getting many outfits out of them.Pleats are not your friend.I hate the pooch zippers add in the front sometimes.
Lorelei, I seem to be most hungry about 4:30 so as soon as I get home I eat raw vegetables.It curbs my appetite before supper and keeps me from munching on anything then because I am hungry.
Welcome Miss Dimity!You are lovely.Glad to see you want to be healthy.
Steph, you are so right about our philosophy here – I would never be able to be on a diet the rest of my life but I can choose to have a treat now and then without worry I will not go back to my normal routine.
Kimi, that is so nice you feel lucky to be doing your job.I think those children are lucky to have you there too.
Hi Geckodani!
Sharon, shoveling wet snow is quite a workout!We are expecting more snow again tonight.
Diva, I am glad you get nice comments on your weight loss.Definitely a good idea to portion out your snacks.
Miscka, have fun with your WiFit.I hear it’s great.

lliang, I hope you got in a run today.Do you have neighbors you can give food away to?I will throw food away if I am too tempted to eat it.
Dragonfly, sorry to hear about Blossom getting attacked; I am glad to hear she is okay. She is a cutie!I am ready to go put on my sweats again.
Panda, isn’t it nice that after eating bad food how you look forward to healthy food?
Skippy, I am sure you had a blast babysitting your cute nephew.
Merrymunky, congratulations for losing 2.5 pounds.How exciting!
Asschers, sorry to hear you are feeling sad.Your supper sounds yummy.
Well, take care and have a great evening.

Marcy

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, brrrr. Snow already? Wow, I am cold just thinking about it! Stay warm my friend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Steph! Enjoy the warm weather for me.
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday!

Kidsitting/tutoring (I don''t know what to call what I do) was cancelled, mom had an emergency. Gym was great. I am rediscovering my love of the treadmill. It was always my favorite machine at the gym, many years ago, and when my fave elliptical was occupied the other day I hopped on and thought "WOW! This is awesome." I''m slow, and building, but it feels great to be jogging again.

Dragon, your poor piggy! I would love to own a pig, not sure we''ll live in our rural home long enough to do so.

Skip, lucky you getting to be with your nephew. I''m jealous! Mine refuses the stroller now, unless he gets to push it.

Munky, awesome weigh loss success! Relish in every bit of it and be proud.

Marcy, stay warm.

Have a great night all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a long day and I was extra tired since I stayed up to watch Obama''s acceptance speech. And when I did go to bed, it took a while to fall asleep. Work was long, but it was a pretty good day in the office. Charlie made meatloaf and steamed veggies for dinner. We had a couple pieces of dark chocolate with coffee afterwards. That was about it for the day. Tomorrow is a gym night, so it will be a quick checkin tomorrow night.

I still have som work to do, so only a couple hello''s tonight.

Welcome MissDimity! Honestly, you don''t look like you need to lose weight, but you do need a healthier diet! Anyway, welcome to our healthy family here.

Steph, that story about the cop who can''t wait to get off his diet so he can have milkshapkes and beer is priceless! He''s boviously a yo-yo''er. They lose weight on a diet, go off the diet, gain even more weight and start the process all over again. It''s VERY unhealthy to do that over and over again. The sad thing is my own brother is a yo-yo''er. Anyway, thanks for the story. It definitely shows why most people fail miserably at losing weight long term.........

Sharon........Shoveling Snow?? Oh my.........I know it''s great exercise, but my motto about snow is........"Snow should be looked at, but never touched!" Stay warm and don''t work too hard on that snow, OK?

Dragon, I''m so sorry your pig was hurt by the dog. Thanks for posting the pic. I''ve heard pigs are so intelligent.

Good for you getting your workout in by pushing your nephew around Skippy!

And snow for you too Marcy?? I guess winter is just about upon many of you in colder climates. Stay warm!

Have a nice night everyone. Rod out............

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I am glad you are enjoying the treadmill.I didn’t get on mine tonight because my IPOD needed charged and our receiver for the bedrooms is dead so I thought I’d be bored out of my mind.Hopefully we’ll get a new receiver tomorrow and I can get on it tomorrow night.I am pretty warm right now – I have on warm PJ’s and my Snoopy slippers.
1.gif

Rod, LOL at “snow should be looked at, but never touched”.Iwill pass that one on to Marty; he believes in the “natural” snow removal method – warm weather or sun.Of course there are weeks when we don’t get either here.
I’m off to bed 30 minutes early.Shock!
Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Yesterday my sister came over during the day and told me about her trip etc. I''m glad she came over because James didn''t come home until like 10:30, so I would''ve been really lonely if I was just by myself the entire day. Anyway, dinner was a thin cut pork chop, and some sauteed leafy veggies. Didn''t get any workouts in.

Dragon, yay! pictures of your piggy. What''s her name?
KimberlyH, great for the treadmill love. Still dont'' have that yet, but I"m working on it.
Rob & Marcy, I"m in the "snow belongs on a mountain" camp. It hasn''t started snowing yet, but it probably will soon.

Today will be rainy, boooo. Maybe I''ll try swimming today at the local pool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results