shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 20th October till 26th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hello friends!
35.gif
Congratulations to everyone that lost weight this week! I''m down .5. Not much, but I''ll take it. And my dangling carrot may be changed to earrings since neither of us likes the band I have now and I may be getting my bezel band a lot sooner!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids! Did 65 mins on the dreadmill this morning and then two sets of arms. I''m going to try the elliptical GENTLY tomorrow and see what happens.

Have spent the past two days shopping for my trip. Bought lots of random stuff... really nothing for the vacation though...
20.gif
Tomorrow my goal is to buy a bathing suit. Yah, right, a *bathing suit* in October in Chicago. Good luck to me!!!

Not much else to report. Haven''t been very hungry today (too much running around) but I''m sure we''ll eat out tonight.

That''s it for now!
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, when I had to get in a bathing suit 5 months post baby (SCARY!!!) I went to Everything But Water and they have very flattering suits. Seeing how that is all they sell you should be able to chose from a good selection even in October. Good luck!

Skippy, yes! resist the urge to weigh yourself daily. I am going to try.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Happy, happy Friday all!

So... We had leftovers at the potluck (and Krispy Kreme again!) and I''m happy to report that I''m not sitting here feeling guilty about what I ate or that I ate too much. And I''m happy to report that I lost 2 pounds. Woohoo!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey All --

Oy -- I can''t keep up! This has been a really long week, and I''m so glad the weekend is now here. I hope everyone''s had a good week. I''m sorry that I can''t greet everyone personally, but I''m wiped out and may be heading for bed soon. So sad -- it''s only 9:00 here.

My dad''s been in the hospital since Wednesday, and it looks like he''ll have to stay through the weekend. He wasn''t feeling well while on a business trip, and when he returned, he ended up driving himself to the ER. They ended up admitting him, thankfully. They''ve done tests and they''re pretty sure they know what happened. I know I''m being vague, but I don''t think he''d want me posting his medical info. here. I will say, though, that it wasn''t a heart attack. I went to see my dad last night and he was laughing, joking around, and we had good conversations. He can''t wait to go home, so hopefully he''ll be able to pretty soon.

I''m waiting for my husband to get home from work. I was hoping to watch a movie tonight and actually spend time with him, but I don''t think that will happen. He''s been working in Boston all week, so we haven''t seen much of each other. We met 5 years ago tomorrow, and while it''s kind of silly "anniversary," we usually acknowledge it somehow. Hopefully we''ll go to the beach for a nice long walk. Ooohh, maybe we''ll go to the lighthouse where we got engaged. Of course, we''ll visit my dad first -- that''s most important.

Diet wise, I think I''ve been pretty good this week. I did have a few pieces of Halloween candy, which wasn''t too bad. I''ve stayed away from it so far, so I don''t think 4 pieces in all will do any damage. I bought a piece of coffee cake to have for breakfast one day this week, and I forgot to eat it when I got to work. I left it in the paper bag it came in, and the next day I threw it out. I noticed as it was going into the trash that there was a lot of oil on the bag. I''m SO GLAD that I didn''t eat that coffee cake. Thinking of what would I almost ate made my stomach turn.
14.gif
Exercise wise, I''m trucking along. Still going to the trainer and upping my cardio.

Have a good night all! I''ll check in tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I am very glad that the weekend is here.We had burgers cooked on the grill for supper then watched TV for awhile.I was relieved to see myself back to my low weight this morning and was good today. I don’t know what we are doing this weekend other than to drive to Ft. Collins to test drive a car.Marty wants a new car in the spring so I have no idea why he wants to drive one now but he doesn’t like to stay home so we’re off after he gets done playing golf in the morning.
Lorelei, I think I’ll stick with my basic old 70 calorie medium size egg.Thanks for the great list of wardrobe essentials.I am glad to say I have many of them.

Kimi, I can’t believe it is 95 there.No wonder this dry time of the year has such a high fire danger.
Miscka, good for you resisting eating an entire cupcake last night.They sound pretty.I might look in to the cake decorating class in the spring.Eggs in the basket are great. Marty actually makes them for us sometimes.
Dragonfly, how exciting to replace your wardrobe with smaller clothes.
woohoo.gif
That is my favor hobby these days (next to PS of course).I just recently subscribed to some of the fashion and beauty magazines.
Tacori, you scale doesn’t sound evil right now.Congratulations on losing another .8 pound.
hi501.gif
I lost weight in spurts then would lose inches.All you can do is keep trying, huh?I do think cake decorating would be an evil temptation for me.I’d have to make cakes and icing in flavors I wouldn’t like or deliberately put something yucky tasting in it.
ChargerGirl, it sounds like the last week of boot camp might be a killer.Good luck!Marty would love to visit your DH’s family on the golf plantation.He enjoys playing golf and his parents spent a lot of time at Mrytle Beach when they lived near D.C.
Skippy, congratulations for losing .4 pounds.
hi501.gif
Thanks for the nice compliment on my hair.I used a blow dryer on it today and it looked okay.I can’t wait to get my perm next month.
Gecko, congratulations for being down .5 pounds
hi501.gif
and woo hoo for changing your dangling carrot to earrings.
DeeJay, if you do find a nice bathing suit it will probably be on sale.Have fun shopping.
Diva, congratulations for losing 2 pounds.
hi501.gif

Zoe, sorry to hear your dad had to be admitted to the hospital but I am relieved to hear he is doing better.I hope he gets to go home soon and is back to normal in a flash.No worries on a few pieces of Halloween candy.
Well take care and have a great weekend.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......it's late, so this will be short. It was a long day at work and we we had a lady I really like decide to retire, so today was her last day. Our company doesn't usually let anyone stay once they've given notice. It may seem cruel, but it's really better for everyone all around. So, the day started on a sad note. Charlie worked tonight, so no Sushi tonight. I wound up indulging in a slice of pizza for dinner, of which I enjoyed every single bite. I stopped off at Sbucks and had a cup of coffee under the oak afterwards, then came home and just watched drivel on TV, with Sakai sleeping on my shoulder. Charlie's off the rest of the weekend, so it will be our first full weekend together in a couple of months. I'm not sure what we'll get into, other than working out at the gym, but I'm sure we'll find some fun things and of course we'll have Sushi tomorrow night.

See Marcy, I knew the weight wouldn't hand on you. I'm still betting it was water weight.

I had a feeling you wouldn't care much for the egg whites in a carton Lorelei. Eggs need their yolks, I'm telling 'ya!! They shouldn't come out of a box, or a container. No, they should come out of the shell!

Wow, 95 is pretty warm Kimberly. I hope you and John had a good workout. It's just incredible the things you do with children who have special needs. You are a hero, you know!!

Thanks Miscka. I'm glad your cupcakes turned out well. Now I want a cupcake. A chocolate one, with chocolate frosting......YUMMMM!

Thanks dragon. Replacing your wardrobe becuase you lost weight is a great thing to have to do. I had to give away every single article of clothing I owned after Rebuild Rod, but it was so worth it!!

Yay for losing weight Tacori.....Proving once again the scale is an evil monster, but at least the monster liked you today!!

Hey Charger. I know what you mean about TGIF. I had enough fun at work to last a loong time this week.

Yay for almost 1/2 pound loss Skippy. No sushi tonight, but we will tomorrow night for sure!!

And Yay to you as well gecko for being down 1/2 pound. Go Gecko!!

Come on back down here DeeJay. We live in the land of perpetual bathing suits!!

And you avoided Krispy K's a 2nd time Diva. That's hard enough, once, so GOOD FOR YOU!!

I hope everything's OK with dad's health Zoe....

OK, off to bed. Sleep well everyone.......

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone-

I''m kinda stuck not with the eating/working thing, but my parents are really stressing me out.

I normally stay at school every weekend because I don''t like being around them, but I wanted to come home to relax and not have to take care of myself (ha). So I came home today and my two aunts who live six hours away came over to "support" my mom through her "emergency"

Basically my parents are getting a divorce, and it is now going to court. It''s so frustrating because I am in college, and they both tell me all this information I don''t want to know! My mom is all of the sudden being really secretive, and I don''t want to know details but the details I do now are just stressing me out. I don''t want to be at home! I understand this is a really big deal to my parents, but I feel like they are completely ignoring me and my siblings, and it just SUCKS!

Sorry about the vent, I have been in near tears ALL day through two shifts of babysitting and one shift of work and it''s just an awful time. I''m so glad I have my boyfriend as my rock. ARGHHHHHHH!

I ate all right today because I was so busy and we have a treadmill at my house so I am going to work out.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Friends!!!!

I will go for a walk this afternoon. Hubby and his co/worker are out helping/working in "make a difference day," at a shelter. I will be cleaning house and he requested homemade pizza for dinner so that is what I am making
9.gif

Have a great weekend all; tomorrow I will be walking with my cousin.

GECKO, .5 is a great loss, hey it isn't a gain!! Great job!!

DEEJAY, the website Tacori gave you have lots of cute swimsuits!! Please take pictures of your trip!!!

TACORI, I agree!! Hope you had a wonderful evening!

SDL, hope you evening wasn't too busy, hugs.

DIVA, yay for a 2 lb loss, awesome!!!!

ZOE, sound like you are making healthy lifestyle changes for life, great job. Oh gosh I am sorry about your father, prayers outgoing.

MARCY, I love burgers on the grill, yummmmy! Have a great weekend sounds like you will be having fun!

ROD, yay for sushi tonight. Wow, that is weird they have people leave the moment they give notice. Ah, I am sorry, sending you a hug; I feel sad when people I know move or stuff like that. Yum to pizza! Enjoy your evening

IloveASSCHERS, I am so sorry about your parents sounds stressful; sending you a big big hug!!! Exercise is great for stress. Maybe tell your parents not to tell you about everything that it is hard on the whole family. Take care honey.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

shout out to the gangaronni!
35.gif
HIgh five''s to those weight loss successes and those maintaining and keeping ''ater.

I was at the pool Monday and on my bike at home the rest of the week. Got a few new DVD''s to watch so that took my mind off the peddling. But if I didn''t want to watch those, didya know there are Christmas movies on? Whatever!!!
9.gif

Bought some Capt''n Crunch and pretty much at the whole box myself this week.
18.gif
My DH says it is like "crack"..... Oh well a girl has to have one weakness, right?

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy weekend kids! Did 65 GENTLE mins on the hampster wheel this morning. Still managed to get my heart rate up into the 170s, but tried to be easy on my knee in terms of incline. So far so good...

No bathing suit shopping for me today, and now tomorrow and Monday are out too. Ack. Hopefully Tuesday!

Tacori, thank you for that site! I wish I could just order something on line and be done with it. Trying on bathing suits is the WORST, and next of course come bras and jeans.
39.gif

Sharon, if Capt'n Crunch is your worst vice you're doin' a helluva lot better than I am, ha ha!!!

Skippy, you and the HH should get together some time and have a home made pizza bake-off!
18.gif

ILA, sorry that you are going through such a stressful time. Take care of yourself!

Rod, LOL, if I had known about this trip when I was there a few weeks ago I would have bought a bathing suit then!

Marcy, congrats for being back at your low weight!!! I'm now 1 lb under where I was last year before my surgery, but I'm eating out for the next two days so I'm sure come Monday that won't be the case any more.
15.gif

Zoe, glad to hear your dad is doing better, and hoping he can get to go home soon.

Diva, congrats on the 2 lbs and resisting the Krispy Kremes!

Gecko, I think I'm as excited about your "dangling carrot" gift as you are!
2.gif
Can't wait to see what you get!

Lorelei, I just LOVE that wardrobe list you posted! Hmm... time to go shopping... !

Dragon, wanna hit the shops with me?
11.gif

Charger, I know what you mean about "breathing room" when working out. I think of that time as the only hour every day that belongs almost exclusively to *ME.* I even try to not take my phone with me if I can help it (blasphamy, I know!).

Miscka, I can't believe you at HALF a cupcake and saved the rest! For me the first half is just an appetizer to the second half, LOL!

Kimi, your new job sounds wonderful. I always feel my life and contributions are small in comparison to the things that you and people like you do.

Princess, being DOWN .6 lbs is better than being UP .6 lbs, so that's a beautiful thing!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you liked the wardrobe list Dee! I find it very useful I must admit, it covers most eventualities and situations!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2008 2:44:39 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/24/2008 9:28:46 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All!

So no workout yesterday, today J and I are going to the gym (I think?!). J made a souffle for dinner, w/ chard. Tonight I''m thinking avgolemono soup.

Dee, I''m working part time for a non-profit org. that runs social skills programs for children with autism.

Marcy, it was 95 here yesterday. We''re supposed to cool down today. I don''t mind the heat, we''re lucky to live in a place with such great weather and beach access, but October can be scary with the fire risk and I''m ready for it to cool down.

Have a great Friday, all!
14.gif
This heat has brought out the crazies.. last night was extrodinarily busy and violent. It was ROUGH! I was so glad to go home after shift. I agree with you Kimberly, I could do with a cool down.

I had mexican yesterday for lunch at Tio Leo''s, my favorite place to go so I was craving a taco salad... filling and reltively healthy, right?! I was SO SAD it was HORRIBLE. They no longer serve the taco salad in a shell, HUH? That''s the ''taco'' part. lol And, the meat was so over salted I can still even now, taste sodium in my mouth.
14.gif
ICK! I had chips & salsa (probably 20 points worth
20.gif
) and hubby''s avocado and my avocado from our not so taco salads. I have been cutting out a lot of salt and was maybe overly sensitive to the salt content on my food, but wow, this was a lot.

Work was tough last night. I was designated 911 on.y and felt like everything I did was wrong. Thank God tonight is my Friday.

Hugs.
Hugs to you M, we all get days like that, don''t worry! Put it behind you and enjoy your time off!!! And buy yourself a little something nice - you deserve it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I got up and made breakfast for us before Marty headed off to golf.I made pancakes, eggs and bacon.Of course I had one small pancake, ¾ of a small egg and no bacon.However, I did just savor every bite of some cinnamon chip bread from Great Harvest.
3.gif
It was hot when I bought it and smelled great so I had some when I got home. I didn’t add any butter though.I bought a loaf for my parents too.I took my oxygen and heart rate when I was over at my parents – I had 97 oxygen and 59 heart rate.Woo hoo – it’s great to be healthy.My oxygen used to be 88 – 90 and my heart rate was 80 – 90.Aak.I told my mom my heart must be delighted to not have to work as hard as it did before.
I might buy a spinel from customgemstones for my original ering.
36.gif
Dan says it is cobalt blue and looks purple under incandescent lighting – he says it’s similar to a medium color tanzanite.It’s a .79 ct RB 5.89mm diameter.It’s his newest gemstone on display.
Rod, that does seem kind of strange to have people leave once they give notice but I guess they have their reasons.I am glad you and Charlie finally get an entire weekend off together.I figure as long as I watch where I am and continue to make sure I get an extra pound or two back off I will be fine.

Asschers, I am so sorry to hear about the stress at home.That will be hard on all of you for awhile.
S
kippy, homemade pizza sounds great.I don’t know where we are eating today but I have that yummy bread to tide me over if I get hungry.Enjoy your walks this weekend.I will wander around the outlet mall this afternoon for my walk.
Sharon, I think I am one of the keeping atar’s.I am new to just maintaining where I am.Christmas movies already?We always like to watch “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” for Thanksgiving.I don’t think I’ve ever tried Captain Crunch.Maybe I shouldn’t try it if it is that good.
11.gif

DeeJay, congratulations for being 1 pound under where you were last year before your surgery.
36.gif
I’ll be right there with you this weekend.I am sure I’ll eat a few more calories than normal today but tomorrow we are eating at home so that won’t be bad to have one day of food fun this weekend.All that matters is we do go back to eating sensible and working out.
Lorelei, it is smart to keep a basic wardrobe on hand so you don’t have to scramble around at the last minute for something to wear.I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been out the night before a wedding or a funeral trying to find something to wear.It was hard for me before because I couldn’t even fit in to the largest plus sized clothes they sold in stores.Marty was big and tall so if he found something that fit his waste it was too short.He still has the problem with being tall but both of us have no problem finding clothes that fit us now.
SanDiegoLady, I can imagine some nights at work will be quite intense.I find I am very sensitive to salt since I rarely use it.Darn it for them changing your taco salad.I was thinking we might try Mexican for dinner today but will see what sounds good to Marty.

Well, take care.
Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t had a chance to keep up with our thread this week, much less exercise. But today I went to bikram yoga and handwashed my car and am planning to go to bikram again tomorrow!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going for a walk now!
41.gif
Have a great Saturday NIGHT ALL!!!

Rod
go check out your Who's Who.
28.gif
please share

SDL, yay for a great job at work!

Marcy, your breakfast sounds yummy!

Apple, good to see you!

DEEJAY, your hubby is on for the pizza bake off
36.gif
hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got back from my walk; it is nice and warm today.
9.gif
It got up into the 70's
emhot.gif
Marcy, you guys are suppose to get cold and then we are suppose to also.

off to roll out the dough for pizza. . .

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes for my dad! My husband and I went to see him at the hospital today, and a few hours after we left he was released. Yay! He wants to go back to work on Monday, but I''m sure my mom probably wants him to stay home until he feels 100% better. We''ll see who wins that one.

We went to the gym today -- I did the treadmill and my husband swam. I may go back to the gym tomorrow, and I''m definitely going on Monday since I have a appt. with my trainer.

I hope everyone had a good Saturday!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!

Sorry about the venting- it was really bothering me. I went to Buffalo wild Wings today and i was SOO proud of myself- I got the naked chicken tenders ONLY! WOO HOO!

It was less stressful today, but I did get to sleep in and relax. I babysat last night and tonight and that was also WAY less stressful for me. Tomorrow I have to do a bunch of laundry and homework.

Zoe- lucky you having a trainer- this past summer I had one and it was AWESOME!

I have a GREAT recipe for home made wheat dough that only takes fifteen minutes if anyone wants it.. its so fluffy and delicious!

have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod: We want to know ALL about you in your Who''s Who Thread
35.gif
36.gif

Hi everyone
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. Just checking in to say I had so much duck for dinner that I may have single handedly wiped out a whole flock. It was damn good, but woah, I might explode!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

So the gym has been put on the back burner these past few days. I came home Friday to get J for the gym and we had our wires crossed, ended up just sitting around watching lame television together instead, but it was so nice to just spend some time with him.

Today I got into super cleaning mode and many hours later our house is spotless. Gym tomorrow, for sure.

Dee, thanks for the compliment, I''m truly flattered. I get to work with an amazing little girl named Hanna and I''m so excited about getting to know her better. I swear, most days I learn more from my kids than they do from me. You get to help people find their dream homes, that is a special job!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

So, yesterday was my BIG splurge day but back on track today. I got all of my "deprivation" cravings knocked out....

Burrito for lunch, Sub for dinner, and I made funfetti cupcakes for FI yesterday (and ate about 5 :O ). I did also have a couple of sweet teas....

Oh well, can't be perfect everyday....

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Morning everyone,

Yeah, Saturday was a bit of a lazy day for me too. The weather wasn''t that great in NYC so I didn''t go to the gym. I did some exercises at home though. I''m going to consider yesterday a little bit of a cheat day since I made blueberry muffins (had 3!) and made honey glazed ham for dinner.
18.gif

Back on track today though!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD MORNING GANG
35.gif
emhot.gif

Off to ride bikes w/my handsome hubby! Have a great day all; we probably will be barbecuing since it is a gorgeous day today and who knows when it will be this nice again, probably in the low 70's today and sunshine all around. Take care!!!!!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my bike ride; it is GORGEOUS out
35.gif
Have a Wonderful Sunday Everyone
1.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya everyone!

Skippy a bike ride sounds so nice. Just reading about your walk, pizza and bike ride, I feel more relaxed!! Thanks Skippy
36.gif

Marcy, I never even thought about keeping track of my heart rate and oxygen. It makes so much sense - it''s easy to measure. I will make note of it tonight.

appletini - yay for bikram yoga. A yoga dvd is my plan for tonight.

So I finally went for a swim yesterday after a long hiatus (dumb bronchitis). I didn''t think I was fully recovered but the cough went away, so I figured I am clear enough. My swim was great. My instructor is really tough on me and I love it. Haha she started out the lesson by asking me to do a straight 75m, and I gave her a
6.gif
and then a
38.gif
. She just smiled, counted off 1, 2, 3 go. And I took a few seconds between each 25m lap but I did it. The biggest accomplishment was that by the end of the lesson, I did a full 50m without stopping! So now my goal is to increase my core strength and cardiovascular endurance because those are the first two to tire out when I''m swimming.

DH and I have been eating lots of high fat, high carb foods this week. Bad bad bad! So today I''m going food shopping and planning a healthier menu.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Team weigh in tomorrow!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weather has been absolutely pants today, but pleased to note my tighter fitting winter woolies still fit well from last year, fitted polos and suchlike, so pleased about that!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all.

I have been directed into this thread by Skippy (Thanks again hun), as I am about to embark on a mission to lose weight.

It really is a neccessity so I need HELP!
23.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! Just checking back in for the evening! I just jogged 7.3 miles today to make up for my "bad day" yesterday. I feel so much better when I exercise (and I know it).

Welcome to the HLT merrymunky! I saw your other post and am glad you are here to join us!

Hope everyone had a great day, it was beautiful weather here in FL so I ended up enjoying my jog today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results