shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 20th October till 26th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Everyone is supermotivated and doing fantastically well - good job!

It can be especially good to see tangible results such as a drop on the scales! But bear in mind that even if the scales aren''t budging for you, that you can be losing inches and looking better in other ways - the scales don''t tell the whole story. As Tacori proved, people are usually quick to notice any positive change and mention it, so when it happens enjoy your success! Losing fat and getting healthier is a process which takes time and consistant effort, patience and persistance as we know - you WILL get results if you work for them but sometimes we don''t notice what is obvious to others - I know I didn''t!

So keep at it folks, you are all doing so well! Also with the Halloween candy which now abounds - of course you can enjoy some in moderation - just be mindful of what you are eating and enjoy it. Be aware of what you choose and try not to eat a candy you don''t particularly like because it is there. Just work out a little harder to compensate or reduce your calories a little, but having some candy over a couple of days won''t sabotage all your hard work anyway.

Have a great week
35.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lorelei! Thanks for the opener
1.gif

This week I am going to focus on portion control. And try to work some soup into my diet, since it is perfect soup weather!! I am a HUGE tomato soup fan.

In other news, I have a new (and really fabulous) boyfriend, and he is also a vegetarian. We have been spending lots of time together, and it is great to be with a guy that doesn''t eat a lot of junk! He isn''t a health nut, just has healthier tastes that are similar to mine. It is nice to be inspired to eat better and not worse!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I promise to be around more this week, no more strep!

35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opener Lorelei!

Miscka - Glad you''re feeling better! And dating a health nut must make it a lot easier! I live with a cookie loving carnivore, LOL.

I forgot my sneakers today.
7.gif
No walk on lunch for me.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lorelei!

Thanks for putting it into perspective as usual. I weighed myself last night and lost 1/2 a lb. Not much to brag about, but I still feel content. And you and Tacori are right. Even though the scales aren''t showing a dramatic decrease in weight, my clothes fit a lot better.

Miscka - Nice to see you and I''m glad you''re feeling better!

Geckodani - Don''t sweat it. I''ll walk a little extra for you today.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, guys! Diva, congrats on 1/2 lb, every little bit helps. And to me, the clothes thing is more important than the # as far as how I feel. But everyone is different about that.

Gecko-I NEED to see your avatar full-size!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Here''s Chatchke, my sister''s Pug decked out as Yoda last Halloween.

yodachatchke..JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ll try again....

yodachatchke2..JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
23.gif

Okay......

chatchke.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - HYSTERICAL!!! Look at his li''l face!
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
And with her little sister Violet as Darth Vader.

chatchkeviolet.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Violet again.

violetdarth.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 11:37:53 AM
Author: Lorelei
OMG - HYSTERICAL!!! Look at his li''l face!
31.gif
I know! Isn''t she hilarious? She''s so laid back in real life. Like, really, you''re putting me in this costume? *sigh* LOL

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s last year.

chathkewitch.JPG

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! How ridiculously cute!!! Thanks for the pics
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL - I have more.
9.gif
I love those critters. Sometimes I think I go visit just to play with the fuzzies.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAHA! I love Violet''s little slippers!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Too funny!!!

well all I had a very backwards weekend when it comes to progress. Yesterday I had cookies and dump cake with ice cream
39.gif
BUT IT WAS SOOOO GOOD
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Not much on the exercise front, but I''m working out tonight
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, your opener REALLY spoke to me today! Mondays are my weekly weigh-in day and i was bummed to see that i had only lost a pound since last week (ugh). But i cheered up a bit when i put my pants on and they were a bit looser! Note that these were the same pants i wore exactly 2 weeks ago, on the first day of bootcamp. they may have stretched out a bit from that wearing, but not that much...

I''m currently down 4 lbs since October 6th when i began my bootcamp adventure. My goals this week are to push myself extra hard at bootcamp, and to eat a bit leaner (no pasta!)

Lorelei- THANKS again for the opener, you really hit the nail on the head for me!
Miscka- Hurrah for your new and fabulous boyfriend. Have fun!
Gecko- LOVE the pug pics.. Sucks that you forgot your sneakers today, but i''m sure that you''ll be back on track tomorrow!
Diva- Looks like we had a similar experience- the scale wasn''t down much for us but our clothes fit better. YAHOO for that!
SDL- Hiya, gal!
Dragon- the weekend is behind you- focus on the week ahead. Have a good workout tonite!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there friends!!
I went and got my allergy shots and it was a Costco day. hehe I picked up a chicken, spinach, paper towels, raspberries, and other goodies and also looked at the anti aging Olay Micro something cream. . . I wonder if it works?
3.gif
I probably will go for a walk this afternoon and tomorrow is muscle hour at the gym. Nothing new except the leaves are turning pretty reds and yellows and the weather is in the mid 70's which is nice. Hubby will probably make a chicken and lentil soup for dinner. I better go eat lunch, I just realized I almost forgot (that never happens)!!!
2.gif

Oh I am waiting till the day of Halloween to buy candy so I don't eat any! haha
9.gif
11.gif
I was laughing because a friend said she bought gross candy so she won't be tempted by it. haha Have a great day all
35.gif

LORELEI, great reminder; I think sometimes we get so caught up in the Numbers that we forget to look at other things!!! Thanks for the awesome opener.

MISCKA, yay for portion control, I need to remind myself of that too. hehe What about eating lentil soup; it is filling and yummy. Great to see you!

GECKO, ahhhh cute dog, LOL!

DIVA, yay for 1/2 lb lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!

SDL, hi there sunshine!

DRAGONFLY, pretty lady, have a great workout!

CHARGERGRL, Yay for loose pants you skinny bootcamp woman!

ROD, DHW was just okay. Glad you had a nice cool evening and the weather is fab!

MARCY, hi there, it is nice and in the 70's; wow, your weather varies a lot. Stay warm friend!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

It was a crazy week last week, and I didn''t have time to lurk or check in. I love the pics Gecko (Dani). The pups are adorable!

Since I began counting and keeping track of everything (July 22), I''ve gone down anywhere from 11-13 lbs. I''m really frustrated at this point because although I do splurge occasionally, I try to keep myself in check. I''ve been exercising and eating right, and well, I''m not seeing a difference. I keep the calories at 1600, and I make sure that the numbers are where they need to be (%ages from fat, carbs, protein). Lorelei''s opener was good timing -- I feel like she was talking to me directly.
1.gif
My clothes are still fitting the same, and I don''t feel any different. Sorry to sound like such a downer...

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Sorry I wasn''t posting for a few days...I was at my Fiance''s best friends wedding in Virginia. It was pretty chilly there. And of course, with weddings comes lots of food and liquor...So, I stayed good for about the first day and after that, I said "forget it" for the weekend and ate whatever I wanted and drank.

I do feel a bit icky (especially after flying a bit)

So, it will be back to it again in a few days....

It''s good to be back again!

35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ganaronni!
35.gif

Was in the pool running against the tide again today--hope my muscles aren''t sore like last time! Otherwise I''m back back on the bike at home in front of the TV watching movies.

Hope all are well!!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Did 65 mins on the dreadmill this morning and two sets of arms. My knee is still a bit sore and I''m trying to be uber careful right now because I think I might go hiking in Peru next week. Since the real estate market is in the toilet there''s no reason I shouldn''t see Machu Picchu, right?

Went to out the outlet mall nearest me this morning to get another pair of the jeans that I bought on the trip where I saw Rod *in a smaller size*! Woo hoo! (I also bought the NEXT size down too, in anticipation.
9.gif
)

Gotta hop -- client craziness; be back later.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for such a great opening, as always, Lorelei.

Dee, are you seriously considering a trip to Peru...how exciting!

Miska, congrats on the new, healthy man in your life.

Great pictures, gecko.

Skip, you are the Costco queen. Glad you got your shots, I need to get a flu shot, soon. J is making chicky for dinner too.

Zoe, don''t let the scale get you down. If it''s upsetting you I would highly recommend you put it away for a few weeks and just keep on truckin''.

My weight finally returned to normal, hoorah! It''s so wierd that it did so after eating out twice in one week, when we weren''t it went up. I think I burn a lot more calories than I would guess (because I''m on my feet from 7:30am-2:30pm, with the exception of about 1/2 an hour). J and I went for a power walk this afternoon, he says I''m too fast and he thinks he''s going to let me walk alone from now on, that makes me a tiny bit sad.

Have a great evening all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from an hour long workout.
9.gif
Hubby rode his bike (to work and back) so I might just step up to plate and make dinner.

KIMI, Yay, I know you would lose those pesky lbs!!!
36.gif
Awesome girl! LOL about costco queen.

DEEJAY, hope you are feeling better and yay for the workout!

SHARON, yay for nice long swim!

ZOE, you are making some great healthy strides!!

PRINCESSDIJON, I heard VA got cold, my FIL lives out there. Glad you had a nice time at the wedding!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone.. I had a crazy week last week too. Also not too good of a weekend with tailgating and the OSU vs. MSU game. (BOO OSU, ha I don''t even really like football, just trying to enjoy it
1.gif
) But at the tailgate I did eat Turkey Brats instead of regular brats, which are my SERIOUS downfall. I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Brats.

I added running into my workout last week, and I upped the walking so I was on the treadmill for under an hour but I walked 3 miles and ran 1.25 miles (split into .25) three times last week. My BF and I went on a couple walks to. I also ride my bike to class everyday (probably not for too much longer
8.gif
) But it helps!!

I''m not really losing any weight. Is there any good advice about what works for you guys? I try eating less, and I try eating healthier, but I haven''t really lost/gained in the past year. I want to turn it into LOSING!!!

Well happy Monday!
3.gif
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 8:57:44 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13

I''m not really losing any weight. Is there any good advice about what works for you guys? I try eating less, and I try eating healthier, but I haven''t really lost/gained in the past year. I want to turn it into LOSING!!!

Well happy Monday!
3.gif
3.gif
Asscher, I lost 68 lbs. doing a modified version of Weight Watchers (I wasn''t ready to track what I was eating at that point) so I attended meetings, irregularly, and figured out how many points I should be eating and then worked it out. After 5 years of mostly maintaining I started counting calories (check out www.sparkpeople.com for a place to start, but I just used an excel worksheet) and lost an additional 13 lbs, which I''ve maintained, within a few lbs., for about a year and a half. Knowing exactly what I was putting in my body, calorie-wise, made a huge difference in my food choices. I would highly recommend trying it, and then once you gain more awareness of what you''re eating and what you''re burning you can back off from it a bit. Hope this helps a bit.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay.......REALLY???!!! Machu Pichu???!!! I won''t even tell Charlie. He''ll be so jealous and then all I''ll about is "everyone else get''s to go to exciting places, why don''t we.......??" Of course I have to keep reminding him we are still trying to recover from our "forced" five month vacation from earning a paycheck this year. Still.......WOW!!!

Ok, back to the regular programming on this channel. Got up early, went to work. Taught a class on the joys of Boolean Searching on the Web. It went well. Worked extra hard, while most of the office decided that they were going to take a half day out of the office and go see Obama at the stadium, leaving me with my boss for that half a day, so I had to work even harder because there wasn''t really anyone else left for her to monitor. I guess "Boss Bonding" isn''t such a bad thing. I left work after 6 and met Charlie for Sushi, which was really good, then we had a cup of coffee at Sbucks. That''s it. That was my day........No surprise trips here..........

Thanks for another great weekly opener Lorelei!!

Congratulations on your new boyfriend who eats more sensibly Miscka. Sounds like you''re happy!

gecko, the pictures are too cute!! Everyyear here in Tampa where our gym is and where Charlie works, they have a holloween costume contest for dogs. It''s so funny and cute.

Good for you having lost 1/2 pound and for clothes fitting better Diva!!

dargon what''s a "dump cake?" Hope you had a good workout tonight.

How brave of you weighing on Monday morning''s Charger!! Being down 4 pounds in a couple weeks is really something but don''t try to lose too fast, OK?

Hi Skippy......I haven''t watched DHW''s yet, but it doesn''t sound like you were too impressed. So far this season, I''ve found it not as good as previous years. I hope you had a great walk this afternoon and have fun at muscle hour tomorrow!

Zoe, we''ve ALL been through exactly what you''re going through. Don''t let it get you down. We all plateau and the thing is you just can''t become discouraged. I know....easier said than done, but trust me as long as you are doing the things you''re doing, you''ll see progress again. PROMISE!

Yay for your weight returning to normal Kimberly!!

Hey Princess, I''m glad you allowed yourself to enjoy the wedding food and drink!

Hi Sharon......I''m glad you''re still running in the pool and staying good and healthy!!

OK.....off to do some work. Tomorrow''s a gym night, so my check in will be late and short. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lor, I feel honored to have made your opener! Haha. It does feel good when people notice.

Mischa, congrats on the new boyfriend! Sounds like he is a great influence. I love tomato soup with grilled cheese
18.gif
. I also agree portion control is EVERYTHING!

geck, my DH has really bad eating habits too...makes it harder for sure!

Diva, I must be pathetic b/c I celebrate even a 1/2 lb lost! I think it is great!
36.gif
That is also great that your clothes are fitting better. Usually that is a better indicator than the scale anyways!

dragon, I think the weekends are more difficult to stay good. It''s okay to indulge every once in awhile. I know I did at the GTG yesterday. And had two cupcakes at my neighbor''s b-day party.
6.gif

Charger, I get so excited when my pants FIT after coming out of the dryer. It is the best feeling. 4lbs is AWESOME!!!

Skippy, I like to buy candy I hate too! I usually have good will power with those types of things but sometimes I have a moment of weakness and am out of control.

Zoe, sorry you feel like you are in a rut. I think 11-13 lbs in 3 months is awesome.
36.gif
It seems like a *healthy* weight loss (in that amount of time). You haven''t gone down in clothes sizes at all?

princess, hope you aren''t getting sick. Baby and I both have a cold. Hard to be motivated to do anything when it feels like I have been punched in the nose (all the time). Oh well...won''t last forever.

Sharon, hope you aren''t sore!

Dee*jay, buying smaller clothes is the BEST! Good for you lady! Have a great trip in Peru!

Kim, sometimes eating more jump starts your meta. or so they say.

Ilove, how long have you been watching what you eat and working out? It helps to keep a food journal.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Well I go through phases... over the summer, I didn''t work out AT ALL and I didn''t really watch what I ate.

I came back to college in August and moved into an APT and I have eaten out maybe 5 times since then, so my boyfriend and I make all of our food (including lunches). SO about 2 months. I still cave in sometimes... like example i made this AWESOME raspberry almond irish tea cake, and it tastes so good. GRR bad for being a good baker ha.

Is there an easy way to figure out how many calories I am eating? Like with fresh food, how do you know how many calories it is without the nutrition label? Ehh thanks for your help everyone so far though, you are much more positive than IRL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results