shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 20th October till 26th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
SDL: You look gorgeous in your avatar!

I ended up going hom ill yesterday, but I didn''t do too badly in the food department.
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, here''s an article on the subject: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm. Clearly, it''s not a common occurance, but it can happen (my aunt was certainly not an athlete or a baby when it happened, she was simply chug-a-lugging what she thought was her necessary water intake down while at work, so lots of water in a short period of time and she essentially flooded her body).

I''m going to the gym after work today. Not much else to share.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 8:41:08 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 10/22/2008 3:49:52 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ok folks, I went shopping last night and curiosity overcame me - I bought a container of instant egg whites....
40.gif
Are they ok in an omelette??
I like them! I use egg beaters, but I''ve used the whites too, and had good results.
1.gif
Thanks Gecks, I will have to be brave and try them, maybe with a little cheese as I am not courageous enough to have it plain!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 9:32:42 AM

Date: 10/22/2008 8:41:08 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 10/22/2008 3:49:52 AM
Ok folks, I went shopping last night and curiosity overcame me - I bought a container of instant egg whites....
40.gif
Are they ok in an omelette??
I like them! I use egg beaters, but I've used the whites too, and had good results.
1.gif
Thanks Gecks, I will have to be brave and try them, maybe with a little cheese as I am not courageous enough to have it plain!
I like the real egg whites better, maybe I had a weird brand though.
17.gif
I used the Trader Joe's egg whites and did not like them. I do eat egg whites daily but use eggs. Keep us posted Lorelei!!!!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am taking a day off from working out. I did something weird to my ankle while sleeping?!?! Oh well, a day off I am hoping makes it better.
2.gif

SDL, pretty picture!!

DEE, how are you feeling? When is your trip? yay!

ROD, I hope your team wins. hehe

MARCY, it is suppose to dip in temps today and the next few days.

KIMI, thanks for the info. Have fun at the gym!

Tacori, yay for your walks!!

Hi Apple

Hi friends!!! Have a great day
35.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting about the water.

Marcy-LOL@the peach. I had some *super* unhealthy fried okra and some dumplins. Oh well, it was good and I didn''t eat a ton of it. Sorry your sapphires didn''t work out!

Rod-Nope! Not sorry I asked. Very interesting! I am always interested in careers and such, seeing as I am still deciding what to do when I "grow up"-LOL at this rate I will be needing to retire by the time I pick a career path!

Crown Jewel-I think you do look like Lucy Liu! Also, I am not sure how much weight I have lost since joining this thread, since I very rarely weigh myself. But I think your total idea is really cool!

SDL- You will be gorgeous at the graduation no matter what! Love your new avatar. Did you decide on an outfit?

Lorelei-are we talking an egg powder? No idea, but let me know how it is!

Tacori-Don''t beat yourself up over the timing re:Tessas bday. I think it is AMAZING that you only have 8lbs left!

hi everyone else!!

Having a "fat" day again...trying to just stay on track and hope that the feeling goes away. I am so terrified of gaining my weight back
39.gif
even though my eating habits have totally changed. I just need to be really careful and think carefully about my meals. I really miss living in a building with a treadmill, I could use a good run and I hate running in the cold. Maybe I will get out my yoga video and that will help.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! How are you all today? Last night we went to SO''s mom''s and I jogged on the ATV course she has, and ran up and down the two big hills there about 10 times each. My calves are sore today too. Tonight I plan to do abdominal work and weights and hop on the TM for a bit.
Dinner last night was chicken nuggets and a salad because we were home a bit later than expected. I also spent the evening curled up with my pupper on the chair resting, which was nice, I love a good cuddle. She has taken to sleeping right between SO and I UNDER the covers, lol it''s funny.
So a friend of mine messaged me wanting to train for a half marathon to run together. She lives in Colorado, so we''d meet up for it. I''m so excited about this but don''t even know where to start, as right now I"m only running about a mile at a time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Iloveasschers - thanks for the tips!! I wish I could walk to work and school, but too far to make it in the allotted time
Phoenix - gl with your cooking
CJ - why replace the eggs in the quiche?
Marcy - sorry your trip was unproductive
Rod- your workout dedication is always inspiring
Lorelei - I haven''t tried egg replacement or beaters or any of that. We get our eggs au natural from SO''s mom''s chickens sooooo lol no need

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Dragonfly-check out the Couch to 5k program...Princesss has a thread on it. That should help you start, and then I think the website has other programs after you finish that. Great goal, good luck!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 10:57:36 AM
Author: dragonfly411
CJ - why replace the eggs in the quiche?
i replaced the cream. for the eggs, i used one whole egg and two egg whites.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids! So I FINALLY got all the paperwork square away for my trip (as least I HOPE so!). Next Thursday I bolt for things South American! Hiking in Machu Picchu then four days in the Galapagos. The HH is so jealous! But hey, how many ski trips a year does HE go on without ME every year, right?
11.gif
Hopefully I''ll meet some nice people to hang out with along the way.

Anyway, workout wise I did 65 mins on the dreadmill this morning and then two sets of arms. I am DETERMINED to have good arms dammit!

Sorry for not saying hi to everyone; I have to head out to the mall to buy a bunch of stuff for my trip (of course!) and I think I''m better off doing it today than waiting for the weekend.

Be back later!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Dee - that sounds like an amazing trip, I''m jealous!! Take pictures PLEASE!!!!!!!!

SDL - I drink water like you

I''m going to the couch to 5 k website in a bit

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 12:00:14 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Hi Kimberly, I''m sorry I missed this last night.
7.gif
Honestly, water is about all I drink all day. I have cut down to one coffee in the morning if at all. I dont normally drink anything else. When I do drink my waters, its spread out (like today for instance). I''ll drink 5-20oz. bottles of water (WalMart brand) between the hours of noon and 0300. I have to keep hydrated at work, so really its not as much as it sounds. Thank you for caring :)

Aw Marcy, I''m sorry (but laughing at your description) about your lack of sapphire. I''m sure you''ll find the right one. Hugs.

Jewel, I''ve cut much added sodium out from my diet. Using other spices and Mrs. Dash (yum) for flavor instead. I dunno. Maybe my plateau will move again, maybe I have to nudge it! ;-) I love tapitillo sauce on eggs lately.. mmm!!!

Lorelei, I use egg beaters... mmmm!!! I haven''t ever tried the whites, but I''m sure it would be fine.

Gecko, aw, thanks honey. I figured it was about time to switch up my avatar for a while. My hair is finally getting long, huh?

Thank you Skippy & Miscka, Hugs!!! I love the positive reinforcement I get here, it really does help me more than you all realize.

Miscka, I think I am going to buy this
sweater in ivory and a pair of chocolate slacks and some ankle boots. The weather shows that the average temp for that time of year is 68, but at 9am? I think may be cooler. LOL So, now I just need to find the slacks. :) Boots I''ll find at DSW!
It really does look great, your hair that is.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 10:51:37 AM
Author: Miscka
Interesting about the water.

Marcy-LOL@the peach. I had some *super* unhealthy fried okra and some dumplins. Oh well, it was good and I didn''t eat a ton of it. Sorry your sapphires didn''t work out!

Rod-Nope! Not sorry I asked. Very interesting! I am always interested in careers and such, seeing as I am still deciding what to do when I ''grow up''-LOL at this rate I will be needing to retire by the time I pick a career path!

Crown Jewel-I think you do look like Lucy Liu! Also, I am not sure how much weight I have lost since joining this thread, since I very rarely weigh myself. But I think your total idea is really cool!

SDL- You will be gorgeous at the graduation no matter what! Love your new avatar. Did you decide on an outfit?

Lorelei-are we talking an egg powder? No idea, but let me know how it is!

Tacori-Don''t beat yourself up over the timing re:Tessas bday. I think it is AMAZING that you only have 8lbs left!

hi everyone else!!

Having a ''fat'' day again...trying to just stay on track and hope that the feeling goes away. I am so terrified of gaining my weight back
39.gif
even though my eating habits have totally changed. I just need to be really careful and think carefully about my meals. I really miss living in a building with a treadmill, I could use a good run and I hate running in the cold. Maybe I will get out my yoga video and that will help.
Misc, it is egg whites in a carton, I will try them tomorrow in an omelette and hope it isn''t too pants....I can feed it to the chickens if I don''t like it, they love eggs! Haha!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei-haha, is there egg powder? Or just milk powder? Anyway, I use Egg Beaters all the time and like them a lot. I get the ones in the individual serving cups and they are good and easy to use.

SDL-love the sweater!!! I love cream and chocolate together. I am also a Fekkai glossing cream addict, and love the hairspray and curl cream too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 1:38:44 PM
Lorelei-haha, is there egg powder? Or just milk powder? Anyway, I use Egg Beaters all the time and like them a lot. I get the ones in the individual serving cups and they are good and easy to use.

SDL-love the sweater!!! I love cream and chocolate together. I am also a Fekkai glossing cream addict, and love the hairspray and curl cream too!
SDL - thanks for the encouragement with the egg thingies - I hope they will be ok... LOVE the sweater!!!

Misc, there used to be egg powder during the war in GB ( apparently it was NASTY!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 1:50:47 PM

Date: 10/22/2008 1:42:13 PM

Date: 10/22/2008 1:38:44 PM

SDL - thanks for the encouragement with the egg thingies - I hope they will be ok... LOVE the sweater!!!

Misc, there used to be egg powder during the war in GB ( apparently it was NASTY!)
Thanks punkin, I think it will be good for graduation.

btw :) 1/4 c of egg beaters is only 2 points so its on my high list of things to eat. LOL I can have a huge omelette for only 4pts!
31.gif
I love turkey bacon, too. I like to cook up turkey bacon and egg beaters for work. Its yummy and filling and really low on points. :)
That is a great tip, thanks!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Hump Day!

Not much to report... bootcamp this morning as usual. I''m off to lunch in a sec- I''m STARVING!

See y''all later!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, there''s been a lot going on today...

I''m officially convinced that once you resolved within yourself to either exercise more or go on a diet (or as a call it, an eating lifestyle change), there always some temptation to get you out of it. Every morning when I walk into my office, someone in the department has been buying Krispy Kreme dounts BY THE BOXES!!!!
18.gif

But so far so good. I''ve stayed as far away as possible.

SanDiegoLady - Love the recipe! I think I''m going to use it for my office potluck tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 3:17:55 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Happy Hump Day!

Not much to report... bootcamp this morning as usual. I''m off to lunch in a sec- I''m STARVING!

See y''all later!
Great recipes SDL thank you!!!!

CG, that made me laugh, as I will be off to bed soon!
9.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, one more thing...

Lately, I''ve been experimenting with the MorningStar line from the supermarket (veggie burgers, chick''n, and even veggie sausage links). Very yummy and of course it''s good for you.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
SDL- yes! The curl cream and hairspray are fabulous! Though the glossing cream is still my fave. I love Fekkai now. I never used to care much about my hair but it is fun! The WW egg beaters thing is why I love the pre-portioned ones, each cup is 2 pts! I ate them all the time when I did WW. The frittata looks yummy!

Diva- I LOOOOOOOVE morningstar! The chicken nuggets, steak strips, breakfast meats...I love it all
3.gif

Halloween needs to be over! These chocolates are staring at me
32.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, 4 pages already?! I have a lot of reading to do...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I think I just had one of those down days where it''s the same old, same old, although you KNOW things should appear different because you''ve been working hard. Ya know? Anyway, I''ve never completely stopped doing the right things, so in Kimberly''s words, I''ll just keep truckin''. Some days will be up and some will be down, and yet other days will be the same. I just have to wrap my head around that one. I had a appt. with my trainer last night and I have another one on Thursday. He has increased the weights on the machines every couple of times I go, so I guess that means I keep getting stronger. That''s good to know. There are some exercises that I hate to do, so the trainer usually has me get those out of the way first. It''s funny, when he shows me how to do them, he makes it look so easy. Then I try and I fall or I barely complete the exercise.
9.gif

Okay, I''m going to read up on what I''ve missed.

I hope everyone''s doing well.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Quick check in...

Have done weights and/or exercises for 6 out of 7 days a week for three weeks now. Seeing definition in my arms, which is so very exciting!

Also crammed myself into some tight jeans that didn''t fit 2 weeks ago.

Makes it easier to ignore the scale.

Made just the most awesomest "meatloaf" last night with turkey and salsa and made fake mashed potatoes using cauliflower. It was actually heavenly!!!

As I mentioned in another thread, I''m finding the fun sized Halloween candy a little too much fun these days.

I''ll try to respond to everyone later...but it''s a ton of fun reading!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 3:21:20 PM
Author: Diva0413
Wow, there''s been a lot going on today...

I''m officially convinced that once you resolved within yourself to either exercise more or go on a diet (or as a call it, an eating lifestyle change), there always some temptation to get you out of it. Every morning when I walk into my office, someone in the department has been buying Krispy Kreme dounts BY THE BOXES!!!!
18.gif

But so far so good. I''ve stayed as far away as possible.

SanDiegoLady - Love the recipe! I think I''m going to use it for my office potluck tomorrow.

I know what you mean. One of my coworkers has a cleaning lady who bakes a cake every week for my coworker to bring in for the staff. It''s so hard to stay away from them, but I''ve done pretty well. It''s hard though.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 3:23:23 PM

Date: 10/22/2008 3:17:55 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Happy Hump Day!

See y''all later!
Great recipes SDL thank you!!!!

CG, that made me laugh, as I will be off to bed soon!
9.gif
hehe- too funny, Lorelei!
It''s almost 4p here in L.A, therefore almost midnight in the UK. I always forget how far-reaching our "little PS-world'' really is!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Diva- I LOVE MORNINGSTAR!! I love real corndogs, but I don''t really always want to eat all the fat and the fried, but their corn dogs and mini corn dogs are WAY better for you, not to mention i think they are yummier than real ones!! I also like the sausage patties and links.

MARCY- I am seriously in awe of how you have SO much self-control! It amazes me and makes me want to try harder in my life, everyday. 1200 cals? It seems like you have a handle on it and it''s so awesome!

Das- awesome about working out so much, I have yet to see definition, do you do weights?

I ran a WHOLE mile today all at once, in under ten minutes and I didn''t die. I think the last time I ran a whole mile was when I was a senior in high school. I also walked two miles. I need to add in weights, but last night I used the rubber tension rope to work out my biceps, triceps, trapezoid, and I punched my boyfriend with the punching gloves for about ten minutes all together. WOO HOO.

I''m watching America''s Next Top Model, then the strangers... SPOOKY for Halloween, I''m excited and no more classes for the week! Woo!

Happy Hump Day!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I MEANT JAS!!! sorry on the mistake!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hiya!

SDL, absolutely no need to apologize! I was just throwing ideas out there, because it''s frustrating to plateau!

Went to the gym and the library. J is making burgers and salad for dinner.

Have a great evening all!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 8:03:56 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
I MEANT JAS!!! sorry on the mistake!
Oh, I''ll forgive ya.

Yup, weights. I occasionally get on my Bowflex, but I like to do that for more sustained periods. I usually can grab the dumbbells (and I do not mean anyone I''m related to) and do a few reps. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Ok, Costco had this cereal that DH bought...it''s essentially tree bark with some cranberries. Actually, it''s a cereal with an identity crisis...imagine combining every healthy cereal out there and throwing in some dried berries. I think it had, what, 4000% of the Daily Recommended Amount of fiber. MMM. Grainy.

What cracked me up is that, on the box, the biggest thing they seem excited about is that the packaging can be recycled.

So now, since it''s Costco packaged, I''ll be eating the stuff until Christmas.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 3:24:10 PM
Hi Charger!!!
35.gif
Good job with boot camp!! :)

Diva, I''m glad I could help! If you ever need a recipe just ask, I have the whole ww website at my fingertips! There are some incredible dishes in there!
1.gif
Diva, I like the ''The Original'' Gardenburger veggie burger. And for just 1 point, I can''t go wrong!! For the whole burger with whole wheat bun, tomato, a slice of cheese and lettuce and mayo (1T) my total points is about 5.5 :)

Lorelei, you''re welcome :)
Diva - the original gardenburger is my favorite too. I usually toast it, add a slice of melted cheese and a slice of tomato. SO yummy.

I am so exhausted, so I''m going to sleep early tonight. I had a long day at work, and I took a break during work to meet a couple PSers for coffee. It was so nice.

For dinner, we had leftover quiche from last night. The tofu settled so it''s VERY tasty!!! The consistency is fantastic now. I will have to make it again and note the quantities of everything. We just had dinner and are now watching The Diving Bell & the Butterfly. It''s almost over and so far so good!

Good night all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results