shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th Dec till 21st Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, that was nice to get to take the training class for free.I do have to admit I’ve never thought about doing an office Christmas party in the park – you’d freeze to death here trying that.Have a great time and enjoy some turkey for me.Yummy.I bet your macaroni salad is great.Marty does get home Friday.Poor guy I just talked to him and he is barely awake.He had to be to the airport at 4:30 this morning, had a 2 hour layover in Denver and flew on to Austin.He went to work till about 6 then went out for supper with the guys he is traveling with.I am sure he’ll be very excited to get home on Friday.You guys sound like us; we want to go to a movie and before we know it the movie is on DVD or on PPV.Thanks for the good wishes for my mom.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Did a gentle hour on the dreadmill this morning. Should have done a hard hampster wheel workout but they were all taken when I got there so I figured what the hell.

The packages are FINALLY ready to ship, so I have to go load the car so I can take them after I get my hair cut this morning.

Skippy, SUPER CUTE pic of you!

Gotta hop!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy folks!
35.gif

Have been trying to be good and ride on the bike everyday, but as of late my workout seems to consist of shovelling snow. I got stuck leaving out driveway yesterday (yes, on the way to my appt. to get winter tires put on.....) and that was a good workout shovelling and all....but it is getting a bit droll...STOP snowing already!! I helped a young fella get his car out of the snow bank this morning...he looked stranded and no one else stopped to help.....

I made Tortiere yesterday but did not like the new pastry recipe I used, soo I think I''ll do butter tarts in filo today instead. So sense wasting good filling on lousy pastry.

Skippy--you look lovely!

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Well, we definitely got dumped on with the snow a few days ago... Tuesday? (Geez! I''ve lost track of my days already!). Today the weather''s supposed to turn nasty. Those are the days I''m happy to not have to commute. But I have a few pictures of taking my dog out in the snow. She loves the snow. The only thing I like big snowfalls because it''s really quiet and we can take her off leash so she can run around. We took pictures, I''m attaching one of Quizas and I playing.

Yesterday Leena and I hit yoga again. I ran into one of my neighbors in my building and we chatted a little about yoga and yoga studios around our building. She said she wants to try it. Then Leena came over and we made dinner. Baked chicken, broccoli/green bean casserole (made with fresh veggies, skim milk, and 1/4 c cheese, so pretty healthy) and mashed potatoes. Tonight we''re meeting some friends out for a happy hour.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKIPPY!!! Yum sushi! You''re making me crave some too!

Rod, LOVE the idea of an office holiday party in the park! I miss having holiday parties... Have extra fun for me. And enjoy the weather for me too; Chicago''s gonna suck for the next 7 months.

Marcy, YAY! new garage door!!! I remember when my parents'' door was on the fritz, my mom danced the happy dance when they finally replaced it. My dad can be stubborn...
5.gif

~Lisa

lml-and-quizas.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
apple, hope your oven is fixed soon.

marcy, how funny about your wedding ring. Wish I was around to taste test your cookies.
18.gif

Zoe, well just let me know and I will set it up. Comfort food is so good!

Dee*jay, 126.5 girl! You are little! Congrats on seeing the results of all your hard work.

dragon, that is a great idea!

Skippy, 115 at 5''4" SKINNY! I can''t believe you wore a larger size than your friend. I guess it proves we should IGNORE the labels and maybe even the scales and aim for what feels right.

Steph, hope you are holding up. Big hugs to you. I know that you will be sharing good news with us soon but until then PLEASE take care of yourself!

kimberly, thank you. I guess it helps that all my fat SPILLS OVER the pants! Muffin tip anyone?!?
6.gif
14.gif

Rod, hope you make it to the movies soon! Yeah for the free class!!!

lliang cute picture! Snow sure is pretty in pictures but I hate being *in* it. Guess I''ll have to soon...

As for me T and I took a nice walk today. I was a slacker yesterday but took long walks on Monday and Tuesday. The scale is still at 130 so that makes me happy. DH even said I looked smaller yesterday and to keep up the good work.
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, don''t get me wrong I *HATE* the snow (except on a mountain). But my dog sure likes it :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m here. But, I don''t know for how long. We''re in for some really bad weather the next few days, so we may be losing our power. (which means I need to get more Christmas cookies made before I can''t!)

JT''s got the sniffles so I hope that''ll be gone before Christmas. The kid deserves to have a sickness-free Holiday!

Oh, yeah, our basement is flooding from all of the snow and ice! (who needs a break?!)

Some of you may remember that I was on and then off the BC pill a few months ago. Being on the pill helped my blood sugar and I was able to lose 20 lbs without much effort. After going off the pill, I immediately started gaining weight again. I gained at least 10 lbs so I quit getting on the scale. But, yesterday, I climbed up expecting the old number to be glaring at me, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually only gained 3 lbs back. So, still down 17! It''s the best Christmas present!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
dHi all; I did a bunch of shopping today so I won't be working out, I am pooped! hehe
3.gif
I also bought some cute shoes online from shoes.com since they are 20% off today and tomorrow. hehe It was cold, rainy and dark and then the sun came out and everything looked crystal clear and beautiful. We have snow on our mountains. Tomorrow I am meeting one of my good guy pals for lunch and just catching up. Hubby has the day off tomorrow too, yay!

Tonight we are having chicken italian sausage from Whole foods and whole wheat pasta w/brocolli. Have a great one all!!!
35.gif

MARCY, thanks for your sweet words about my pick. I hope you are feeling better. Yay for the treadmill; awesome! I can't make anymore cookies; I crave them now. haha

KIMI, oh geez, I love tamales, yuuuuuuummmmm! Hope you feel better soon.

ROD, gosh, that is a long training day; I always get exhausted with those kinds of days. bleh! Wow, the office party sounds fun!!! I love the outdoors. Thanks about my pic; I love sushi and the salmon is my favorite, yummy. hehe

DEEJAY, thanks about my pic! Yay for shipping the packages! I bet your hair looks great!! Woo for the workout!

CANUK (SHARON), thank you! Yay for your bike; I need to start riding the bike at the gym; I love it but have been lazy this past week. I need to use you for inspiration. Yay for your shovelling workout!

LLIANG, thanks about the bday and sushi. I love the stuff! hehe Any more snow today? I love the peacefulness of snow and the night. Yay for yoga! Ah, cute pic of you and your doggie!

TACORI, I was skinny, you could see my bones, but baby still had back. hehe Yes, very good point on ignoring labes and scale and focus on healthy and happy in a good range. Woo for 130; that is awesome and size 4!!!!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Everyone!I hope you had a great day.

I was up late last night with a problem at work.We made a mistake and the guy still at work told me (wrongly) that it wasn''t our mistake.Being paranoid though I used my work laptop to log in to work and found it was our mistake.Of course it was too late to fix it so I emailed my boss and a guy at corporate about our mistake so I will see Monday what happens from that.I didn''t make it to bed until 12:30 and got up before 8 in case they called me with questions about what happened.Aargh.

I took my Marty’s grandmother some Christmas cookies today and met some friends for lunch.I stopped at the store after lunch and picked up stuff for pasta salad for the family get together.I know it''s more of a summer food but I was going to make mac and cheese (to go with ham) and making 4 batches and trying to get it cooked, haul it to my parent''s house and keep it warm is such a pain.I figured making a pasta salad is easier and I can make it ahead of time and won''t have to worry about keeping it warm or getting it done.I might be lynched for changing the menu but I will buy them off with cookies.

This afternoon I got my club newsletter ready to mail and walked on the treadmill.

DeeJay, I am glad you have your packages ready to mail.

Sharon, sounds like you are really getting dumped on with snow.My husband left Spokane one day before they got shut down with 20” of snow.He said he must be living right to get out of there in time.

Lliang, I love the picture of you with your dog.You both are having fun.I love how quiet it is when there is a bunch of snow on the ground.

Tacori, I was in a total panic about my ring.You can come test my cookies anytime.Glad you had a nice walk today with your adorable daughter.

Somethingshiny, good luck with the storm; sorry to hear your basement is flooding.Glad to hear you are holding your weight loss after going off the pill.

Skippy, I bet the snow covered mountains are lovely to look at from there.I am better thanks but still not well.I am baking my last batch of cookies tomorrow.I was thinking of making homemade gingerbread too but we will have a ton of cookies so I’ll save that for some other time.I did post a picture of some of my cookies in the cookie thread.

Take care.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........Oy, is about the best I can say for today. I didn''t leave work till 7, and I had such a headache by that time, that I wound up calling Charlie and suggesting we just go out for Sushi. So, that was it. Work, sushi and not much else. I didn''t sleep well at all last night, so this was what I needed for today.

I''m sorry this is so short. Since we''re having a play afternoon tomorrow, and Charlie''s working tomorrow night, I''m going to go to the gym after our turkey fry in the park.

Hey to everyone and I''ll write individually to everyone tomorrow night.

Rod''s going to bed...........

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty snow llaing!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Today is my first day of vacation and I am proud to say that I did my walk/jog routine around the neighborhood this morning. I haven''t gotten a new sports watch yet, so to time my intervals I would walk for a song, and then jog for a song.

The oven repairman is supposed to show up between 10 and 1, and its 10:05, and I don''t want to get in the shower in case he shows up while I''m there. I''m so excited and hope this part does the job so I can finally plan a Christmas menu. The next two days will be tough to squeeze in workouts b/c I have brunches to attend, but I''m going to try to get up early so I can start my day with exercise.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Oven update: ovenman was just here, and the original ovenman is no longer with the company. The blower that came in was the wrong one, but there is the correct one in the city, and they will be back on Christmas Eve (hopefully sooner) to install the correct one. Craziness!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Apple, Oh no! Still no oven yet! That is totally crazy!!!

Didn''t work out yesterday nor will I today (Christmas plans with James), but I think I''m going to try to hit yoga tomorrow, and then again either Sunday or Monday before we drive down to FL.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I ate naughty today so I am having a light dinner. Hubby and I went to Costco; I need to run to Target tonight because hubby got me some Christmas presents and I haven't bought for him even though he is getting a camera, I need to buy he a few small things for fun.

Tomorrow I weigh in; I am nervous because of all that I ate this week. I can't wait till the holidays are over because people make it so easy for me not to stay on track. Hubby and I want to get out the bikes tomorrow and ride!!!

Rod, MARCY, LLIANG, APPLE, have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
Stick a fork in me – I’m done.Heck I’m practically ILL!!!What a bad day of food.I met my dad for coffee break at 8:30 and had a chocolate frosted donut – I should never start the day with sugar because it makes me hungry.Then I went to the mall to shop and I had 3 – count ‘em – 3 chicken nuggets.Then I went to a luncheon for school and had pizza buffet – 2 pieces of pizza, 2 bread sticks and a few Italian nachos.They bring you your salad after you’ve eaten pizza – who wants to fill up on healthy food when you’ve already downed you pizza?Then I made PB / chocolate chip cookies and had 2 hot cookies (one was a “test” and one broke so what could I do?) and naturally I ate some dough.Tonight is our astronomy club has a pizza party.I am eating 2 small pieces of pizza and that’s it.No sweets, no candy, nothing.I’d best walk on the treadmill 3 times tomorrow!
I got some deals on clothes today.Christopher and Banks has 50% off everything through Sunday so I bought a really nice, dressy heavy corduroy jacket that was marked down to $50 then I got it for ½ price.It’s a light gold color.I also got some of their jeans.I had a $10 coupon for Penney’s so I got a green sweatshirt and a red cable sweater both on sale and paid only $12.88 for both.I love bargains!I bought my little nephews a couple of Wii games (one from me and one from my parents).
When I talked to Marty on the phone last night he was barely awake.I got an email from him this morning saying sorry he was so out of it when we were on the phone last night – he said he thinks he fell asleep while we were talking then he said – did you ask me a question?So my response was “I asked you if I could get a 1 ct. ideal cut, D, IF diamond and you said sure”.He didn’t respond to that email.

I talked to my dad quite a bit this morning about my mom.She has several health problems and my dad said she is pretty depressed these days.She fell last year about this time and compressed some vertebra in her back but due to her age they said leave them alone unless they start really bothering her.She’s had PPH for over 5 years and based on life expectancy for that she’s lived past how long they said she would.The ear problem is an internal ear canal neuroma that has impaired her hearing, impaired her balance, given her headaches and she has constant noise in that ear.Sad thing is her PPH and her ear neuroma were misdiagnosed for years as high blood pressure.My dad watches her and helps her but she knows she isn’t doing well but continues to try to do everything she’s always done.Sorry to blather on about it but I just wanted to talk to someone about it.
Rod, I hope you slept well last night and got rid of your headache.I bet the turkey fry was fun.Christmas party in the park – that is still cracking me up.It’s not even safe to plan parties in the park in the summer – we’ll get rains here that drop the temperature 30 degrees and then there are the hurricane force winds.We do have parties in the park but it’s always risky.
Lorelei, we have the cold here but no pretty snow.Sunday’s high is going to be 3 degrees.
Appletini, I like the idea of walking / jogging for the length of a song.I was charging up my IPOD right now to use on the treadmill.I seem to walk longer and faster to music than watching TV.Rats for having the wrong part brought to fix your stove but hopefully you’ll get it fixed next week.
Lliang, have fun in Florida.Are you visiting family or just vacationing?
Skippy, you ate too much too?It must be something in the air – we generally don’t have bad food days.Have fun shopping at Target.I might go walk around Kohl’s after our meeting tonight.Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow.I know I’ll be having to take off a few pounds after the holidays.
Well, have a great evening!

Marcy I can’t believe I ate the WHOLE thing.

14.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Today was GRIM. I apparently ate something bad at the party in our complex last night and I spent the day having some serious quality time with the porcelain goddess. Not only no workout, but I haven't even made it into the shower today, and all I've eaten is a piece of bread and half an apple. Ack. I'm sure I'll be thrilled with the scale in the morning, but man, what a way to get there...

So one of the unfortunate manifestations of losing 30+ lbs is that my boobs seem to have gone away. I've been noticing that the cups of my workout bra weren't exactly, shall we say, *full* any more, but the contraption is so structured that it doesn't really matter, the cups hold their shape all on thier own. Well, I ordered a new bra from the same company, but a different model because the model that I have now doesn't come in a small enough size any more, and this new one looks great from the front (SO good as a matter of fact that the first time I put it on I was like, DAMN, I should wear this bra under EVERYTHING), but I've got some weird back bacon going on. Really, who cares what my back looks like (or any part of me for god's sake, I'm at the GYM!), but I just don't know. One of the reasons I love this bra company is that they make bras where your boobs are actually separate, not the uni-boob that so many of them produce, but no one in town carries the brand so I'm reduced to the net for ordering. Why is this so hard?

That's all for now. Going to look at the plain pasta the HH just made for me and see if I can consider actually eating it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, that is a rough way to lose weight. I hope you get better. I agree finding the right bra is rough. As I lost weight I had to keep going to get fit for a bra because I had no idea what size to wear. Good luck finding something you like.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MARCY, well, I had 1/2 slice of pizza and salad w/lots of dressing and one cookie. LOL I completely agree, sugar makes you want more sugar and same with refined flour. Sorry. Dinner was healthy, chicken and spinach. I am nervous about tomorrow night because my parents are taking my sis and I to this Country Western Steak place that is soooooo bad for you;
38.gif
I guess I will see if I can get a chicken breast. I am sick of all this bad food. Grrr!
14.gif

I am so sorry about your mom. I hope the doctors can help, huge hugs!!
emhug.gif

DEEJAY, I hope you feel better soon. Gosh, I lose weight it in the boobs too
14.gif
LMAO on you comment about the back bacon going on; you had me LOL! Silly
25.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........We worked this morning (kinda sorta - LOL). We actually had our "Yankee" gift exchange. It''s one of those deals where everyone brings a $20 gift, wrapped, but not labeled. Each person get''s a number and the first person picks the first gift. Then the second person can either take the gift already opened, or open a new gift and so on. I was late in the game, so I wound up taking a $20 gift certificate to Best Buy and then our boss gave each of us a $25 gift card to Best Buy, so I have $45 to spend. And I need a new headset for my iPod, so I can get a pretty good one for $45! We went to the park around 2 and the turkey fry was really good. The weather couldn''t have been nicer for an afternoon at the park. We were just down the street from our condo on the bay and the day was just lovely. It was my first time trying fried turkey. They kind of overcooked it, so it was perhaps too crispy outside, and a little dry inside, but oh so flavorful. They actually cooked an 18 pounder in just one hour. Pretty amazing. We had all sorts of sides, including mashed potatoes. Ther were also 3, count ''em, 3 pies from one of the best pie shops. I did pretty well on the food, but just had to have a slice of apple pie. It was just so good! I left around 5 and went straight to the gym and worked out as hard as I could to wipe away the extra calories I consumed and I didn''t have any dinner. I wasn''t hungry for dinner either. Charlie met me at the gym about half way through my workout then we went to Sbucks for a cup of coffee afterwards. It was actually a really nice day.

Lliang, thanks for the snow pic. It''s pretty, but I so don''t miss snow.........LOL

Enjoy your vacation Apple and good for you doing your jog/walk to start the vacation on a healthy note! How frustrating about the oven part. What will you do if they can''t get you up and running on Christmas Eve?

Skippy, I was naughty today too. I think it''s pretty difficult to not be somewhat naughty during the holidays. Even if you''ve gained a little wieght, you''ll shed it quickly when the holidays are over........

Marcy, ditto what I wrote to Skippy above. It''s just not easy to be good when there are so many temptations this time of year. LOL about you telling Mary he gave you permission to buy a 1 ct. diamond........LOL Sounds like you got some great deals on clothes! I''m sorry your mom''s suffering from health issues. We think my 87 year old father had a mini-stroke last night, but thankfully, he checked out fime at the cardiologist this morning. I didn''t actually sleep that well last night, but I''m really going to sleep well tonight. I can feel it!

Oh DeeJay, I''m so sorry you ate something that didn''t agree with you. It''s not a fun way to lose weight for sure. Take care and feel better......I did have to laugh about the boob size thing that comes with losing weight.

Well, it''s now 11 PM and I''m ready to sleep a nice long sleep. I''ll check in tomorrow.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 10:54:24 PM
Author: Rod

Skippy, I was naughty today too. I think it''s pretty difficult to not be somewhat naughty during the holidays. Even if you''ve gained a little wieght, you''ll shed it quickly when the holidays are over........
Ah, thank you that made me feel better; everyone needs a Wonderful Rod in their life;
742469s3709nw4fb.gif
you always say the sweetest encouraging words. I know everyone agrees with me on that statement. Oh gosh, I am so sorry about your dad; strong prayers outgoing and please keep us posted. Yum to your turkey and $45 gift, woo! Sweet dreams and huge hugs to you! And awesome for the extra hard workout!!!

Marcy we need to listen to Rod. hehe
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I did eat a bit more at the party than I planned but not bad, I had 2 pieces of pizza, ½ of a snickerdoodles cookie and a little bit of chex mix.I just mixed up some alka seltzer, my poor stomach is wondering what the heck I was thinking!
14.gif
1237399ifetfs3eq4.gif

Skippy, I am with you that I am tired of bad food.I think I won’t eat much at the family Christmas now since today I had my fill of junk food.I am sure you’ll be fine at dinner tomorrow – have fun with the family.Thank you for the hugs for my mom.I agree, we need to listen to our wise friend Rod.I hate when I do things like this but I know it’s not something I’ll do again tomorrow and I also know whatever I gain I will lose again.
Rod, I hope you get a nice headset for your IPOD; that’s great to get some GC to Best Buy.That is amazing they can cook that large of turkey in one hour.I hear fried turkeys are really good but sadly I will never know.Marty’s golf buddy fries them every year.He cooks them for friends too so he is usually cooking about 10 on Thanksgiving.I bet the apple pie was great.A friend of mine tonight was telling me her 2 year old grandson told Santa that is what he wanted for Christmas was an apple pie. LOL. I am sorry to hear about your dad but I am glad he went in to get checked right away and I hope he is okay.Thanks for the kind words about my mom.I did ask Marty when he got home if he stopped by and picked up my diamond and I just got “yay right”.Rats.Thanks for the encouragement about eating bad this time of year.I am glad to see I am in such good company today.
36.gif
I am with Skippy we all need a wonderful Rod in our life.Thanks for always putting things in perspective for us.
thankyou.gif
rockon2.gif

I don''t know what we will be doing tomorrow but our high temperature is expected to be 11.

Sleep well all those in PS and HLT land.
sleepy.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

I feel MUCH better today! (And thank god, because the only thing than feeling worse than I did yesterday is feeling DEAD!!) The scale gave me 123.5 this morning, but it ain't real...

Did an easy hour on the hampster wheel, and now I have to go get ready--I have a real live client with real live money that I'm meeting at noon. Woo hoo!

Merry weekend before Christmas everyone. If you're going shopping don't forget to take your cattle prods!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday like Dee says! hehe I weighed in this morning and I am the same so thank goodness; I am going to focus hard on not going up this week. Hubby and I are going for a walk in a little while; he doesn''t know it yet but I will be telling him. hehe It is nice and sunny and about 45 degrees.
emhot.gif
Tonight we are going out to eat but not the Country Western steak place, yay! It is a healthier steak place and I am getting the salmon salad so I am a happy camper
1.gif

Hope everyone has a FAB weekend!!!

DEEJAY, drink lots of fluids; you poor sweetie. Hope you sell sell sell! hehe

MARCY, enjoy your Christmas!!! Hugs and much xoxoxo!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from 13 mile bike ride
bikebikebike.gif
boy is it windy and COLD, my ears and eyeballs are defrosting.
east%20coast%20psers.gif
The wind was making my eyes tear!

I feel better getting a strong bike ride in before dinner! Have a GREAT DAY ALL
35.gif
Sending you all a GIANT HUG
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I was much better today – not great but better.I am so going to have to lose weight after the holidays.Marty went shopping without me this morning.I watched Get Smart and a few other things I had on my DVR and got my knitting out.I am working on a vest.Then I got chilly so I cranked on my IPOD and walked on the treadmill for over 30 minutes.Then Marty came home and we went out to eat then wandered the mall for awhile.We stopped at the liquor store on the way home to get a few bottles of wine for Christmas gifts.
DeeJay, I am glad to hear you are feeling better.Woo hoo for a real live client with money.Good luck with that.LOL at cattle prod.
Skippy, woo hoo for getting in a long bike ride today.We are still in the teens here so the most I was outdoors today was between the car and the door on our outings.I hope you enjoyed your dinner tonight.
Well, take care and have a great Sunday.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........I had a tough time falling asleep last night, but once I did, I wound up sleeping in till 10 this morning. Charlie had to get up extra early and be at work early. But he got off at 1:30, so we had lunch together and went Christmas shopping. We set a very conservative limit, but I managed to buy 7 things in my budget, so there will be a few items under the tree this year after all. We used to go crazy and buy way too many gifts, but this will be the least we''ve ever done in all of the years we''ve been together. I need to remind myself it''s not the quantity that makes the day special to begin with. We were sitting at Sbucks at the mall having a break and a cup of coffee, and a waiter from one of the restaurants we haven''t eaten in for the last 3 years came up to say hi. He was stunned at the difference in me, which was nice and he asked what he did wrong to chase us away. We felt bad as he was a wonderful waiter and we truly did like the food there (it''s asian fare), but we just kind of stopped eating wok prepared food as it''s so high in sodium and fat. So we told him about our lifestyle changes and that it had nothing to do with him. Anyway, we felt bad and we were hungry, so we went there for dinner and it was really nice. We had their version of Peking duck and asian pancakes, and lemon grass shrimp and asparagus. The dinner likely wasn''t as bad for us as it could have been, BUT.......he insisted on treating us to cappuccino and their signature dessert, flambe''d fresh fruit over icecream. We really didn''t want the dessert, but he insisted on it, so we did and it was pretty darn decadent. See Marcy and Skippy, I was bad two days in a row. Oh well, it''s the holidays and we''re going to the gym tomorrow and I''ll just work out even harder to burn tonights dessert off.

Oh Skippy, you are certainly welcome. It is the holidays and you just have to treat yourself a bit this time of year! Wow, a 13 mile bike ride in cold temps is quite impressive. You go SKIPPY!!!!!

And Thank You too dear Marcy!! I''m glad you''re feeling better too! When I read you did 30 minutes on the treadmill, it reminded me of when you first started and if memory serves, you couldn''t do more than 10 minutes back then. I''m so proud of the incredible progress you''ve made over the last couple years. WOO HOO to you!! Rats for Marty not picking up your flawless rock!! I had my ring cleaned and polished while I was at the mall. Not that it needed cleaning as I''m pretty anal about my ring to begin with, but after being polished, it looks like I just got the ring today!!

I''m glad you''re feeling better DeeJay!! 123.5?? WOW WOW WOW!!!!

OK.....that about does for today. I''ll check in tomorrow night...........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 11:21:00 PM
Author: Rod
See Marcy and Skippy, I was bad two days in a row. Oh well, it''s the holidays and we''re going to the gym tomorrow and I''ll just work out even harder to burn tonights dessert off.
LMAO Rod!!! Glad you slept in!!!
24.gif
Rod sweet dreams!

Marcy, yay for a better day! Wooo hooo for the walk! I love my ipod; aren''t they the best!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am delighted to hear you got some much needed extra sleep.You certainly deserve it.That is awesome that waiter was excited to see you and Charlie as well as noticed the great changes you’ve made in the last few years.That was nice of him to give you a special treat.You make me feel so much better knowing you were not exactly diligent 2 days in a row either.Tomorrow is the family Christmas so that will not be the best day food wise either.But I have no excuse on Monday or Tuesday anyway – I’ll be back to my normal routine on those days.Your memory serves you well, when I started the treadmill (Feb or March I believe) I did 10 minutes and I was very worried my knees and feet wouldn’t be able to handle it.I have come a long way.This week has been amazing for me; I have been on my feet a ton between baking, doing dishes, gift wrapping and shopping and I haven’t had to take one pain pill and I just get up again the next day and do it all again with no new aches or pains.It’s incredible that I have that kind of endurance and stamina now.Woo hoo!Life is good.We cut down on how much we spent on each other for Christmas this year too but hopefully I got Marty some things he’ll enjoy.Unless of course he got me that colorless / flawless diamond then we spent more than normal – ha ha.I am sure you keep your diamond as clean as I do mine but it’s always nice to get a jeweler to clean and polish it up as well.
Skippy, I love my IPOD too.I really enjoy it when I am on the treadmill.

I am off to dream about my diamond.

9.gif

Laters,

Me

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Well Ross'' custom Christmas card arrived yesterday and he loved it :D

That makes me happy.

I am off work for two weeks now...the joys of working in a school eh?

How is everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results