shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th Dec till 21st Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week everyone!

I know it can be tempting so close to the Holidays to throw caution to the wind food and exercisewise, but do your best to stay on track and use your strategies so you can have fun and still work towards your goals. The next couple of weeks will be challenging but remember to keep things in perspective, even if you do overdo things in the overall scheme of things it won't really do any harm as long as you get back on track when you can.

But do have fun and enjoy some festive goodies, just go easy until the main event! I won't be lecturing much this week or the next as I want everyone to have fun but do remember if you overdo it, that by eating a little less over the next couple of days or a few extra minutes on the treadmill will soon put things back in balance.

Also make the most of the Holiday foods which will be in many households which can be of assistance, such as lean turkey, ham, beef etc depending on what you eat as a family there should be things available most likely which you can whip together quickly to make a healthy low fat high protein meal. And if you are feeling so bloated as a result of the food fest, if the weather permits go out for a walk as a family or with your SO, and just enjoy all the season has to offer, winter to me is one of the most beautiful times of year especially if it snows! Unless you go along with Rod's school of thought that snow should be seen but never touched LOL
9.gif
, then you might prefer to stay in front of the fireside!

I shall do the thread as usual next week, so participate as you wish, it will be here for you.
Have a great week
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei!

Because we didn''t have power and we had to throw out most things in the fridge and freezer, we didn''t eat so well over the weekend. At least I didn''t gain any weight, which I had feared. The gym now has power again, so I went this morning -- we don''t have school again. I ran for a couple of minutes (literally, a couple) on the treadmill and then walked the rest of the time. I couldn''t do much though because my arches have been hurting. Time to see the foot doctor again and possibly get new orthodics.

I''m actually looking forward to getting back on track, diet wise, so I went food shopping last night. I bought all healthy things, and I''m ignoring my desire for homemade chocolate chip cookies. I''m going back to eating around 1300-1400 calories daily (trying to stay closer to 1300).

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe do you have those types of training shoes which you can buy depending on how you use your feet, Rod knows about them? It might help, just a thought...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Lorelei! I''ve gone to a running store and been fitted for sneakers. I told them what I was looking for and they watched me walk before recommending a particular shoe. The doc looked at them and said they''d be good. Hopefully a quick visit to the doctor again will fix the problem. We''ll see.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2008 9:57:34 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Hi Lorelei! I''ve gone to a running store and been fitted for sneakers. I told them what I was looking for and they watched me walk before recommending a particular shoe. The doc looked at them and said they''d be good. Hopefully a quick visit to the doctor again will fix the problem. We''ll see.
Ok, sounds like you are set there then, what a nuisance Zoe, I hope the doc can fix you up!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all; I weighed in at Weight Watchers and lost 2.6 lbs
36.gif
I am excited; I have 9 lbs to get to my goal, wooo hooo!!!
9.gif
Getting that weight loss has me pumped to not let my bday and the holidays derail my weight loss efforts. hehe Also, I made cookies yesterday and ate a few but the ones I didn't give to neighbors I threw in the freezer so I wouldn't be tempted by them. hehe
12.gif

I have a crazy craving for spinach pie so that is what we are having for dinner; Trader Joe's makes a super yummy Low Fat Spinach pie. hehe
3.gif
It is currently snowing this second; I hope it clears up but we will see. My car is in the shop this morning so I hope it is a cheap fix (knock on wood) Happy Monday all!!!
35.gif

LORELEI, great opening; LOL to the snow comment ala Rod. Hubby and I want to do a healthy lean meat meal for Christmas.

ZOE, ah honey I am sorry about the power. Woooo hooo for the workout! You are doing awesome!

MARCY, hope you feel better soon sweets!

ROD, your St.Petes party sounded fab!!! Yuck to the cigars though. Wooo for the awesome workouts!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Monday!I am home sick and also waiting for them to come fix my garage.It’s not been closing lately when it’s cold.Rats.The sun is out though and I am bored so I just took pictures of my RHR’s.Fun.I will post them.
Lorelei, great opener wise lady.The old Marcy used to always say “Feed a cold, feed a fever.”Now no matter if I’m sick, if it’s a special holiday or whatever – if I overeat I make every effort to go back to my routine whether it be the next meal, tomorrow or sometime I don’t even make it to Monday but it’s always there.I do really try to walk more when I eat more so help balance it all out.
Zoe, sorry to hear you lost your food.We had out motor go out in our refrigerator three times.The first time I just figured it was because I left the door partly open so I threw all our food away.The second time it all warmed up they said it was the ice maker; they replaced the ice maker; everything got cold and I bought all new food again.The third time it quit we bought a new refrigerator.Aak.Good idea buying only healthy food.I hope your arches start to feel better.I find once my feet start hurting I just get new shoes, sometimes they get broken down quicker than we’d like.

Skippy, congratulations for losing 2.6 pounds.
36.gif
I am up about 1.5 this morning but had salt and cookies this weekend.The next few weeks will be challenging for me but I will try to eat right more as much as I can.I found yesterday I don’t mind cookies out of the freezer.Rats.I was nervous after Marty left for the airport and for a few other things like the garage door is broke so I got in to cookies.

Have a great day.

Marcy

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday everyone.

Skippy - You are so close. Keep up the great work!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 11:21:19 AM
Author: merrymunky
Happy Monday everyone.

Skippy - You are so close. Keep up the great work!
Thank you MerryMunky and Marcy! How are you MerryMunky?? I am sorry about your dear pet, hugs.
Marcy, oh no, I hope you feel better soon and get the garage fixed sooooon. I bet it is hard to rest knowing the garage is open. I will be on the look out for the rhr!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! OMG! OMG! I finally put real clothes on today and my pants were SO loose. Like annoying loose. So I tried something I haven''t tried in two years...my pre-preggo jeans. THEY FIT!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
6.gif
9.gif
You guys are the first to know. I feel so encouraged to take this blessing (weight loss from the flu) and not only KEEP it off but manage the last 5lbs. I know my body will never be the same and that''s okay. My LIFE will never be the same because I have this amazing little girl and her love is so much more important to me than a flat stomach or stretch mark free skin. That being said I feel GREAT today!

Skippy, yay on your weight loss! You are doing great as always!!!!

Lor, thanks for the opening and all your encouragement (with weight loss and OTHER issues!) You are a great friend.

Zoe, I am going to go to a running store too. I hate my tennis shoes so think being "fitted" would really help.

Marcy, sorry you are sick! Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Merry!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY TACORI!!!!! DELIGHTED FOR YOU - YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And you are so welcome, you are very dear to me!
emrose.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, Thanks friend!!! Woooo hooo; that is awesome
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SO AWESOME Tacori!!!! Hooray!
36.gif

How was everyone''s weekend. I did some yoga on Friday and took the weekend off. My friend from Denver was in town. We did a lot of hanging out and a fair bit of eating out and drinking. Oh well, I''m going to start back on track with the eating habits this week. I''m really bad at calorie counting. This might sound like a ridiculous question but: how do you figure out how much calories you consumed if you don''t have a label you can read? Do I need to get a kitchen scale etc?

Tonight sister and I are going to do more yoga.

Zoe, what happened to your power? I hope you have it back. Yay, great on getting back on track diet wise.
SKippy, Hooray for loosing almost 3 lbs!!! Hope your car is an easy and cheap fix.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2008 2:18:12 PM
Author: lliang_chi
SO AWESOME Tacori!!!! Hooray!
36.gif

How was everyone's weekend. I did some yoga on Friday and took the weekend off. My friend from Denver was in town. We did a lot of hanging out and a fair bit of eating out and drinking. Oh well, I'm going to start back on track with the eating habits this week. I'm really bad at calorie counting. This might sound like a ridiculous question but: how do you figure out how much calories you consumed if you don't have a label you can read? Do I need to get a kitchen scale etc?

Tonight sister and I are going to do more yoga.

Zoe, what happened to your power? I hope you have it back. Yay, great on getting back on track diet wise.
SKippy, Hooray for loosing almost 3 lbs!!! Hope your car is an easy and cheap fix.
llaing, scales are a good method then if you can find one, a calorie counter book is very useful as that will have basic and branded foods listed.

Yay for the weight loss Skip! Your spinach pie sounds interesting, do you have a recipe please?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The guys came to look at the garage door.It’s a burnt circuit board which they may or may not have at the shop so they may or may not be back today.But at least I got my car out of the garage while they were here and they did get the door shut.
Marty got degreaser all over the car yesterday trying to fix the garage door opener so like an idiot I decide to go wash it off.It’s 5 degrees out mind you.There isn’t a car wash open so I decide to go to a coin operated one.I put in my $2.00 and start spraying the car with soap.Do you know what happens in 5 degrees weather with water?It FREEZES.Soon I found myself on an ice skating rink.I finally put the spray nozzle down and got back in my car before I fell down.I come home and my door was frozen shut on the car. GOOD IDEA MARCY!The only reason you won’t see this in the Darwin Awards is I lived through it.I am sure it helped my cold too.NOT.
I faced the driver’s side to the sun and it melted.I had to run back to the grocery store because I don’t have any chicken soup to cook for lunch plus I decided I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich too.My side was all melted so I parked the car the other way when I came home.And the car still smells like degreaser.RATS.
Skippy, I am so excited for you getting so close to your goal.
36.gif
I picked up molasses at the store to make molasses crinkles.Yummy.
Hi Merrymunky!How is your cute new little hamster doing?

Tacori, I am so excited for you.
36.gif
Congratulations.

I’m off to make my soup and sandwich then mix up cookies.
Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a note to say Yoga has killed me. I am dead. If you wish to reach me, contact the Christmas cookies, they''ll know where I am...

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
marcyc - He's doing just fine. He's really settling in and will let us handle him already. I think he will fit in just nicely!

Well I've just made my FI sooooooo suspicious of me for the last half hour while I designed him a Christmas card on the moonpig website! LOL

He was DESPERATE to know what I was up to behind his back.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a preview of the front...

Not the best pic of me AT ALL, but the best I coul come up with right now.

OrderPreviewImageresize.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry you look lovely!!

Give your little hammich a cuddle for me!

LOL Sshiny!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
My chin is all jutting out and loookng huge on that one!

This is a much more recent pic to see what I actually look like...

newfbpic.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2008 3:18:56 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Just a note to say Yoga has killed me. I am dead. If you wish to reach me, contact the Christmas cookies, they'll know where I am...
LOL!!!
grins.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry, you look lovely and what a nice Christmas card for your honey. I am glad the new guy is starting to feel at home.

I''m off to bond with some Christmas cookies myself.
11.gif
I am making molasses crinkles today.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Skippy on losing weight! Yay! Mmmm, spinach pie sounds delicious!

Marcy -- I hope you feel better soon! So yeah, we went to the store last night and only bought healthy food. And then today, I went back and got the stuff to make choc. chip cookies.
20.gif
I think I''m going to try Mara''s recipe for healthier ones though (found in the holiday cookie thread, page 3, I think). I keep saying I''m going to make cookies and then I never do. One batch won''t hurt too much. I think I''ll end up freezing most of the dough anyway. if things are in the freezer, I tend to forget about them.

Hi MM! Great picture and card!

Yay Tacori! I''m happy for you! I can practically hear your excitement as if we were talking. Good for you!

Hi Lliang! I use a scale to measure things out. We also have several measuring spoons and measuring cups on hand, too. It helps. Oh yeah, I also look up stuff on Google a lot and I find out nutritional info that way when needed. About our loss of power -- my state was declared a state of emergency a few days ago due to an ice storm that hit on Thursday night/Friday. Hundreds of thousands of homes lost power, and many towns and neighborhoods are still without. We haven''t had school since last Thursday, and we have another day off tomorrow. Some areas look worse than others, but most towns have cancelled school. The town that I teach in looks like it was hit by a hurricane -- power lines and trees are down everywhere. We were only without power for 24 hours or so. My parents are still without though.
7.gif

SS --
9.gif
I hope you''ve revived.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
OY! i just had sweets!

I had one of those large gift tower things from Cheryl & Co. delivered to me on Friday- it was for our marketing team from our creative agency. It was nuts on Friday so we waited until today to open it. Oh my goodness, it was a smorgasborg of treats! cookies, chocolates, nuts, cake... i had 4 pieces (at least they were small bite-sized and not the jumbo cookies) I resolve to have no more- there''s still more than half left. seriously!

To add more fuel to the fire, Boot Camp was cancelled today due to a winter storm (i use that term loosely) that hit early this morning. I have no problem working out in the park during a drizzle, but not when it''s raining and chilly.

I did go to the gym instead, but was only able to get in 20 minutes on the treadmill. At least I killed 160 calories- one of the treats i just ate!

our trainer wiill extend BC until Saturday to make up for it. And then we''re done with this session.

Lorelei- I plan to do my hardest to stay on track for the rest of the week. Just because i got off to a rocky start doesn''t mean that i should give up on the whole week!
Zoe- I hope you''re staying warm! Good for you for going healthy food shopping.
Skippy- you''re soooo close to your goal. THANKS for the tip on TJ''s spinach pie. is it in the freezer section?
Marcy- i hope you''re taking care of yourself and that the chicken soup helps you recover
Tacori- YAHOO for loose pants and pre-preggo jeans. that''s an early holiday treat!
lliang- i''ve been counting calories for this session of BC. i like dailyplate.com and calorieking.com
SS- oh no- it sounds like you were also visited by the evil Xmas cookie elf!
Merry- great holiday card- too cute!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I might have fit in them earlier but I was only brave enough to try today. T and I went to the mall and I actually bought a new pair of size 4 jeans!
9.gif
So it is official that my old pair was not just stretched out with age. Haha. Then when we got home we went on a walk with my neighbor and her kids. I will not torture you by telling you what the temp. was here today
27.gif
Let''s just say it was a GREAT day. My goal is to be careful what I eat (I know I will indulge a bit b/c that''s part of the fun in life)and add exercise of some form 5 days a week. I really feel like if I can do that I will not gain back the lbs I have lost and hopefully will lose the last 5. Being in my old pants was motivating (though I just bought such cute size 6 cords. Oh well!)

Lor, (((hugs)))

Skip, thanks!!! I am proud of you!

Iliang, it feels great. Thank you! I have no idea on the calorie question.

marcy, sounds horribly cold! I was sick for 8 days with a cold. They are horrible. Of course so is the flu...I was lucky to get both
20.gif
Hope you feel better soon!

SS, so funny. I guess I should feel lucky that no one has given us any cookies (and I haven''t made any).

Merry, how cute. DH and I have been together for 8 years and I like how you look at that (7 x-mases together). Makes it seem even more impressive!

Zoe, I was thrilled to say the least. Didn''t think it would take me a year and I got a ways to go. It is strange b/c I swear my legs are thinner than pre-preggo so all the 5 lbs are a spare tire. But I''ll lose it. I know I will and maybe b/c it was a long process I will appreciate it more. I feel like I was never 100% happy with my body like most women. That''s just sad. Zoe let us know how the cookies turn out. Hope your parents get their power back soon!

CG, you know it! I guess all I need is another flu to get to my goal. JUST KIDDING. Anyone see "The Devil Wears Prada" where the girl said she was one illness away from her ideal weight. So funny. Boot Camp...you are good. I am way to lazy for something like that. And it sounds like you refrained so don''t worry about it.
2.gif
Sorry about the weather.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........It was a long day at work, but I managed to meet Charlie about 6:30 fo Sushi. Dinner was good as usual. I stopped off at Sbucks on the way home and picked up two cups of decaf to go and we''re sitting on the couch with Sakai. Charlie bought some sugar cookies today.......BAD CHARLIE, but they are small and I only had one. Tomorrow will be a tylical ''uber'' Tuesday, with a gym workout immediately after work.

Great opener as usual Lorelei!! Everyone should have some fun and enjoy themselves, but maybe just not too much. But, even if you do, just get back on the wagon the very next day.

Sorry you lost all your food Zoe. I''m glad you were able to go back to the gym today. And I hope the foot doctor can help with our arch issues.

YAYAYAYAY for losing another 2.6 pounds Skippy!! I hope you enjoyed your spinach pie. I hope it didn''t snow too much?

Feel better Marcy. I hope they get the circuit board you need for the garage door. I''m sorry, but I did have to lauge about you trying to wash the car in 5 degree weather........LOL

What a terrific Christmas Card merrymunky!! Like Lorelie and Marcy said, you''re lovely!

I''m sorry the flu caused you to lose weight Tacori, but I''m glad you''re so happy you only have 5 more pounds to go!

Sounds like you had a good weekend with your friend lliang. When I first started losing weight a long time ago, I used a calore book to try to keep track of my calories.

Sorry, for the interruption, but we just saw this commercial for this dinner from Bob Evan''s. OMG, it''s a heart attack on a plate. They take a biscuit, and pile mash potatoes on it. Then they put country fried chicken on top and then they pour gravy and chesse all over it. No veggies, nothing healthy. It just looks awful and I can''t imagine anyone actually ordering such a dish, but I guess there will be many who do..........

Somethingshiny.......YAY for yoga that was a challenge and too funy about ask the Christmas cookies where you are?..........LOL

So sorry the weather cancelled bootcamp Charger. I used to have the kind of position where companies sent me those tower of calorie gift baskets. I''m not so disappointed to not get them anymore........

I guess that does it for the day. I''ll try to check in tomorrow night after my workout.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening my HLT friends. The guys called me back about the garage door.They have to replace the garage door opener; the burnt out circuit I need is no longer available.Rats.
I ate pretty well today.BF I had shredded wheat, lunch was chicken soup with 45 cal wheat bread (2) made in to a grilled cheese sandwich (with 1piece of real cheese), my mid afternoon snack was one hot molasses crinkles cookie and supper was leftover roast beef, mashed potatoes and raw veggies.Dessert was a ww giant chocolate bar.
Zoe, my mom has some healthier cookie recipes too but I figure if I am making cookies they are going to be the gold old fashioned kind.I don’t tend to make them often or eat many of them when I do make them.Thanks for the get well wishes.
Charger Girl, your tower of treats sounds divine.Rats for boot camp being cancelled today.I did enjoy my soup and hope to go to bed early.If I am not breathing better tomorrow I will go to the doctor.Thanks for the link, I will go look over their website and recipes.
Tacori, I am so excited for you and how cute you went to buy size 4 jeans at the store just to make sure.You are doing great.I am glad you are doing better, at least I don’t have the flu.Thanks for thinking of me though.
Rod, good for you having only one sugar cookie.I was very careful to only have one cookie today myself.It’s the week even if I am at home so I have to be careful what I eat.I am glad you laughed at my car wash story – like I told Marty in an email when I did it – I know you’re laughing and it’s okay because it was quite a stupid thing to do.He’s out of town for a few days again. Thanks for hoping I feel better.

Have a great evening.If it’s warm where you live – enjoy it for me.It’s 5 here right now and feels like 16 below.Yippee.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Here. Sick. Blech.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2008 11:10:55 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Here. Sick. Blech.
Kimi, I hope you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results