shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th Dec till 21st Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I just realised that I really do look 12 on those photos.

Hardly anyone believes I am 28!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2008 1:44:29 AM
Author: merrymunky
I just realised that I really do look 12 on those photos.

Hardly anyone believes I am 28!
Goodness, you don''t look it!!
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning!

No school again today (day 3 now). We''re hearing rumors that we may return tomorrow or Thursday but who knows. It just depends on when they can get the roads cleared and the power lines restored. We have power in my neighborhood, so now we''re looking for friends that might be without. Hopefully we''ll be able to take in a friend or two.

Snow is predicted for tomorrow, Friday, and Sunday. Great.
20.gif
We''ll be going to school straight through the summer at this point.

Tacori -- size 4?! Skinny girl!
9.gif
I did make cookies last night and they came out pretty good. They puffed up a lot more than usual, and they''re a little more cakey than reg. cookies. I used 1 1/4 c. flour, 1 stick of butter, Splenda for baking (the amt. that is substituted for 3/4 c. regular sugar), brown sugar Splenda (again, the amt. that is substituted for 3/4 c. reg. sugar), 3/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 bag of choc. chips, and 3 egg whites. Oh yeah, we also used 1/2 c. of applesauce. We didn''t have quite as much dough as we would have is we had made the regular recipe from the back of the Tollhouse bag, but I''d say we made a dozen or so cookies. We also froze some dough to use later on. My only complaint is that the cookies are a tad too sweet. Reg. cookies are sweet too, but I noticed it more this time around. I''m not sure if it was the applesauce (although I used the unsweetened kind).

Kim -- I hope you feel better soon!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, thanks! The last 5 lb are always the hardest though. Good for you for only having one cookie. EVERYONE deserves a cookie once in awhile.

Marcy, I had a bad cold over Thanksgiving (for 8 days) and I don''t know which was worse! But you should feel better soon.

kimberly, sorry! Feel better!

Merry, I look much younger too. I like it though.

Zoe, I am only 5''1" so TRUST me it is not as skinny as it sounds AT ALL! Good to know about the cookies. Wonder if saving a few calories is worth giving up the yummy goodness that is toll house chocolate chip cookies?
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Tacori, hooray for being back in pre-pregnancy jeans. What an awesome feeling, I''m sure.

Merry, you and your honey are too darn cute!

Sorry bootcamp was cancelled, Charger. I ate too many tortilla chips and shortbread cookies while laying around yesterday, so you''ve got an overeating buddy just south of you.

Zoe, enjoy your day off from school. Can we trade places? I''m not ready to go back.

I feel guilty taking off work, so I''m going back today. It''s going to be a long one, wish me luck, I feel like a drainage system as opposed to a human being. Have a great day, all!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, well I am showing my face again...

After eating OUT OF CONTROL I am back and ready to work at it! I am doing a variation on my allergy diet, since I just felt so "clean" after that if it makes sense. Now I feel like all my arteries are clogged!

So this am I had rice cereal, for lunch I will have Hummus and carrots, a pear, and some Snap pea crisps and then for dinner I have seafood gumbo and I am trying out some dried pineapple for my sweet tooth.

I hope everyone is doing well! This week''s thread is busy!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

I don''t think I checked in yesterday (the holiday craziness has taken over my life!) but I did a medium hard hour on the dreadmill and some arms, and today I did a hard(ish) hour on the hampster wheel. (I can''t say truly *hard* becuase I''m still not 100% over this damn cold.)

The scale has taken me back to 127.5, even though I ate a ton of Lindt truffles last night while addressing the next to last batch of holiday cards. Card. Truffle. Card. Truffle. Card. Truffle... You get the picture...
9.gif

I''m off to the office supply store in seach of bubble wrap envelopes (don''t ask!) and hopefully I will get all of this stuff finally shipped off today or tomorrow at the latest!

Hello to everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning wonderful HLT friends.
35.gif
Hubby and I went for a 30 min walk last night because it snowed snowed snowed!!! DH was cute and he said he ordered snow for my birthday but it came a few hours early; silly/sweet guy! I normally eat pretty healthy and once in awhile a treat so I think since it is only my birthday once a year I will have a treat or a small treat. hehe
2.gif
I actually had a Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissant for brekkie
face20.gif
We are suppose to go to lunch but we will see if it happens because schools are on a 2 hour delay so I will be stay glued to the road conditions. Hubby took the day off so I get to take him shopping with me (he hates shopping). hehe My sisters birthday is at the end of the month so we will be celebrating them together this coming weekend. Thank you all for the kudos on the 2.6 loss!!!

snow in my backyard this morning. hehe

MERRYMUNKY, you look great!!!!!

DEEJAY, yay for 127!!! awesome! You and Tacori are skinny beautiful woman!!!

ZOE, oh gosh, 3 days. Oh no, I hope you don't get more snow! Yay for cookies.

LLIANG, sounds like a fab time with your friend. I have a kitchen scale, calorieking is a great website for calories too. Woo for yoga!

MARCY, oh no for the ice and frozen door. Ack you poor sweetie; you are probably clouded by being sick. Hugs you sweetie pie!!

SOMETHINGSHINY, add your cookie recipes to the cookie thread in hangout if you have a recipe you love pretty please. hehe I love having great recipes!

CHARGER, the spinach pie is in a green box and it is in the frozen section, it says low fat on the cover. Fun present but oh no at the same time!! hehe

TACORI, I was jumping up and down for you yesterday and still today for the skinny jeans and buying skinny jeans! Woooo!

ROD, yum, I am having sushi for my bday today; I can't wait!!!! I will think of you for sure! hehe LOL to the cookies!

KIMI, sending lots of luck and hope you are feeling better dear friend.

MISCKA, you are tiny, but I understand the feeling of not feeling your best when you aren't eating healthy. Yay for healthy foods!!!

LORELEI, hugs friend!

IMGbirthdaysnow0584.JPG

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone!

On Sunday, Chicago had a bunch of freezing rain, so of course everything was frozen yesterday. And of course I fell down on my butt twice walking the dog in the afternoon. The first one was a total wipe out, she came up and was licking my face while was I lying on the ground. Now I have a big bruise on my lower back. OUCH!

I went to yoga yesterday with my sister and a friend. I''m going to try to go again today. Or that''s the plan. I got a parking ticket @ yoga.
7.gif
I could''ve SWORN I had enough time to finish class and get back, but I guess I didn''t. James was surprised I got one.
15.gif
Damn, $50 in the whole
7.gif

Charger, Sorry Boot camp was cancelled but hooray for still working out.

Zoe, Hope everything is going okay with you and no power. Hopefully school starts again on Thursday. I hope this doesn''t mean you have to add days onto the end of the year.
7.gif

Miscka, how''s the "allergy diet" going? I''m so impressed you can stay so healthy.

Rod, Lorelei, Marcy, Charger, Thanks for the tips on the calorie counting. I''ll check out those websites. Right now I''m trying out NutritionData.com

Marcy, hope your garage door is fixed.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 9:01:26 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Rod, thanks! The last 5 lb are always the hardest though. Good for you for only having one cookie. EVERYONE deserves a cookie once in awhile.

Marcy, I had a bad cold over Thanksgiving (for 8 days) and I don''t know which was worse! But you should feel better soon.

kimberly, sorry! Feel better!

Merry, I look much younger too. I like it though.

Zoe, I am only 5''1'' so TRUST me it is not as skinny as it sounds AT ALL! Good to know about the cookies. Wonder if saving a few calories is worth giving up the yummy goodness that is toll house chocolate chip cookies?
2.gif

Tacori -- No, trust me, size 4 is skinny! I''m only 4''8" or 4''9" (depends on the day
9.gif
), and I''m not quite a 4, 6, or 8, for that matter.
1.gif
Yeah, about the cookies, I was thinking the same thing last night. They are different than traditional Tollhouse and sometimes you just need the real thing. I''ll probably bake a real batch with my sister before Christmas.

Oh, random thought, but I think my husband and I are going to wait to come down to NC until he gets word of a job down there. We really should save up for a trip anyway. I''d love to meet you if you''d be interested -- it will have to wait though until he hears something. Right now, he''s not hearing about anything -- up here or down in NC. I''ll let you know though. By the way, thanks again for all your help when I was researching the area. I may have more questions for you down the road if that''s okay.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy -- the funny thing is that we didn't get any snow. We got an ice storm that knocked out power to much of our state (300,000 + homes). We're supposed to get mixed precip tonight, so we'll see what we're dealing with in the morning. The snow you got is really pretty! It's funny how states deal with snow if they aren't used to getting any (or much). I'm assuming you don't much in NM.

Kim -- I'd love to trade places with you! Come on over! I'd love to spend some time in the SD area again.
1.gif

Whoops -- I hit sumbit before I meant to. Lliang -- I heard about the weather in your area. Crazy! Brrrrr! Is it true that with the wind chill, it was -40? I thought I misheard the news this morning but maybe not.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay-I luuurve lindt truffles...the raspberry and dark ones are my fave!

Skippy-I hope you got to have lunch with your hubby, how sweet that he ordered snow just for you
5.gif
Thanks for the compliment, I don''t feel tiny which is the problem! I wish I could find a happy medium.

Liang sorry about your ticket...what a bummer.
7.gif
Allergy diet is a PITA but I get used to it easier now.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly, I hope you feel better soon! I know what a PITA being sick is! No fun at all.

Miscka, what is your allergy diet? I have never heard of that. I LOVE hummus too! Yum! Of course I favor the pita chips but *should* use carrots! BTW I didn''t know adults ate rice cereal! Haha!

Dee*Jay, you are doing great. I cannot wait until I am 127.5!!! Yum! Lindt! I just finished my cards today. Glad that''s over!

Skippy, your DH sounds like a sweetie! I LOVE TJ''s chocolate croissants
18.gif
That with a glass of COLD milk...heaven. Hope you had a great day because you deserve it.

Zoe, we should do a Charlotte GTG during your visit! Of course I do not mind questions and just hope I have the answers you are looking for. I so rarely "meet" anyone shorter than me! How tall is your DH?

Lor, I made my mac & cheese for dinner and thought of you! T LOVES it and I feel like it is so much healthier than Kraft (or any counter part)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! Sorry I''ve been MIA things have bee crazy busy at work trying to get my projects wrapped up before I take time off for the holidays starting later this week. Anyway I haven''t been good about exercising at all, but I finally did something. Saturday I went for a long walk around the neighborhood....I think for about an hour, my sportswatch died, and I put a new one on my xmas wishlist so hopefully i''ll get a new one for xmas, if not i''ll buy it myself. Anyway though today I worked out in the gym at work after work...I did 30 min on the elliptical. Its been hard to go during lunch lately and it gets dark so early I can''t go around the neighborhood like I like. One of the supervisors I work with recently started going to gym in our building in the evenings from 5-6, so I''m going to go with her tomorrow. Today she was super stressed and worked out early at 3:30 and I was too focused on work to join her. Anyway though it will give me an extra accountability partner which I need, especially until the time changes again. The good thing though is that with all the time I''m takinf off for the holidays I''ll be able to get outside some during the day.

Also my oven part still hasn''t come in...I haven''t used it in a month since it sounds like a spaceshuttle about to blast off, but the cooktop works fine, its just hard to be motivated to cook, which is something I really enjoy. I really hope the part gets here before Christmas because I am hosting and don''t want to have a modified menu and cook everything on the stovetop.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.I got up at 7:30 (I slept over 8 hours yippee).They showed up to install our new garage door opener at 9.It is nicer than the one we had before.I had chicken soup and a sandwich for lunch.I felt better this afternoon so I ran a few errands and met my parents for coffee break.They came over here afterwards to listen to a DVD about cyberknife procedures.My mom has a benign tumor in her ear canal that she is thinking about having that procedure done to kill and shrink the tumor.
I made another batch of cookies to take to work tomorrow.I will make the same kind on Friday for my astronomy club party and for the family Christmas this weekend.I did “test” 2 hot cookies and I approved their distribution to other people to eat.
I plan on going back to work tomorrow then I have 2 days of vacation so I will really only work one day this week.What a SLACKER I turned out to be.
I got all of my cards finished last night and wrapped all my presents today.
Just to show you how out of it I was yesterday when I went to get dressed this afternoon (finally got out of my sweats) I couldn’t find my wedding ring anywhere.It’s not in it’s little box, it’s not on top of the microwave on my ring holder, it’s not in my jewelry box so I check my jewelry cleaner and it’d been in there since last night.I never shut the lid until I am done with it but last night I left both rings I wore yesterday in there and just shut the lid.They were nice and clean – ha ha.
Merry, you don’t look 28.Woo hoo! You guys make a cute couple.
Zoe, does your school district plan on a certain number of snow days each year?I think they count on 5 a year here.Your cookie recipe sounds good.I am starting to get sick of cookies so I will not be craving any for a long time after Sunday.
Tacori, I am better tonight but I am getting chilled again.I cranked the heat up 2 degrees for awhile.Girl, a size 4 is a size 4 and that is TINY! I am so excited for you.
Kimi, I hope you made it through the day and are feeling better.I am going back to work tomorrow.I have Thursday and Friday off so I’d feel awful taking off 3 sick days then going on vacation.
Miscka, I hope your allergy diet helps make you feel better.
DeeJay, what flavor of truffle do you like?I think the white chocolate is my favorite.
Skippy, it sounds like you have a wonderful birthday.Thanks for the lovely picture of your snow - what a lovely birthday present.
Lliang, sorry to hear you fell down and got a nasty bruise.How awful to get a $50 parking ticket.
Appletini, that will be nice to have someone to go to the gym with.I hope they get your oven fixed.
Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It''s late and it''s been a typically ''uber'' Tuesday. I worked late as usual, then went directly to the gym. I''m not sure why, but the gym wasn''t overly crowded like it usually is on a Tuesday. So at least, I was able to get through my workout faster than I usually do on a Tuesday night. I had a good and productive workout. No gym tomorrow night. We may actually go to a movie tomorrow night. At least it''s something we''ve talked about. If we go, I think we''ll go see 4 Christmases. A comedy would be good.

I can''t say hello to everyone, but did have to say.........

Feel better Kimberly

AND

Happy Birthday Dear Skippy.......Happy Birthday To You!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, enjoy a night at the movies. Let me know what you think of 4 Christmases; we want to go see that one too.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori -- I''d love to be part of a Charlotte GTG. I''ll let you know when we make plans to head down there. It may not be for quite a while but I''ll keep you updated. My husband is 6'' tall. Have you seen Sap''s wedding picture (in TGal''s sticky thread over in BWW)? There''s a similar height difference. I don''t even come up to my husband''s shoulder. It''s funny. hehe...

I need to try making your mac and cheese recipe one of these days. It sounds so good. I love comfort food, and that''s definitely at the top of my list. That and mashed potatoes!

Appletini -- that''s good there''s a gym in your building. Have fun going with your coworker.

Marcy -- I''m glad you finally got a new garage door opener. I''m sorry to hear about your mom''s health issue. At least it''s benign, so that''s good. As for being a slacker -- slack away!
9.gif
It''s okay to do that this time of year. No, our district doesn''t have built-in snow days. I wish we did. It would be nicer to think we''re getting out later and then be pleasantly surprised if we didn''t use some of the days than to tack on days at the end. I''m sure if the superintendent applies for us not to make the time up, it will go through.

Rod -- let us know how you like "Four Chrismases." I want to see that too.

I was planning on going to the gym today but we got snow and sleet, and my husband said the roads are pretty bad. He was going to a training session at a head hunter''s in MA, but he turned around to come back home. He''ll reschedule the session. We may just stay in for the rest of the day and not venture out. I''m happy to have so much time off but I''m going stir crazy. Anything we''d do out would require us to spend money and we don''t want to do that right now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

This morning--drumroll please--126.5!

Did a gentle hour on the dreamdill and two sets of arms.

Off now to pick up a car load of toys and then deliver them to a church way up north, but I''ll be back later!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, sorry for my absence. Work has been craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy, as have the evenings. Saturday I walked for 2.5 hours and sunday did Christmas shopping and was beat afterwards but I still got in some Jillian despite. Monday I got up and did some sculpting work and core rhythms. And went shopping in the evening, found nothing. Yesterday I walked for half an hour in the morning and then got seriously inspired by the biggest loser and worked out through the entire finally with sculpting moves, some weighted cross punches and some kick boxing work to do cardio. I didn''t do a lot this morning b/c I''m sore but my friend and I are doing the biggest loser cardio and some pilates tonight.
ON The note of the biggest loser, they have come up with a great great idea for their next season. For everyone that joins their club, and loses they are donating a pound of food to needy for each pound lost!!! I personally am not sure whether I''ll be able to afford to join their club, but it gave me a great idea. How about (since we''ve been keeping track) for each pound we lose personally, we donate a dollar to some kind of charity to help others? Part of being healthy and something that raises happiness levels, is knowing you are helping others in some way. I will be donating mine towards breast cancer.
As for our weekly challenge. Lets have a challenge to find ONE POSITIVE thing about the holidays each day this year. I want to find at LEAST one reason every day to be happy, joyful, and thankful! What do you guys think?
I also want to remind everyone that although pounds are GREAT to count, inches are more important. I was reminded of that last night when watching the biggest loser, one of the top three was at home crying because she had only lost 2 lbs in 7 weeks. But she had lost INCHES as well, and it showed in her body percentage lost, and in the blue form of my bridesmaid''s dress she was wearing lol. I have that dress in brown. But she was gorgeous, and I cried for her, and her determination and her bravery.
Lorelei - great opener as usual, and I LOVE Your little dancers
Skippy - WOO HOOO on your loss
Tacori - CONGRATS!!!!
zoe - did you get your power back?
Something - NOOOOOOO back away from the cookies, and go talk to the yoga some more, I promise you will learn to love it.
Kim - feel better
Rod -
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends!!!!! I did make it to lunch yesterday, yay; our snow melted by afternoon. I have been dying for sushi and it is pretty healthy; I got the salmon and the cali rolls and miso soup, hope the pic isn't huge. Hubby was a sweetie pie and spent 2 1/2 hours shopping with me for sunglasses and the sales ladies kept commenting what a patient guy he was. I left with a pair but I was so confused so I started a thread in Shopping asking for help. hehe We did a lot of walking in the mall. Then we met my parents for dinner and I split a burger and split humus and salad with my hubby. The only dessert item I had was for breakfast and no cake (but then again I don't love cake). hehe
emcake.gif
I kept in my mind how far I came 27 lb loss so I didn't want to blow it, and I remembed it took an extra week to reverse the Thanksgiving day damage. haha

I want to go to muscle hour today. Hope everyone has a great day all!!!

LLIANG, I saw on the new Chicago got a crazy amount of snow!!! Eeek to the freezing rain too! Oh no, be careful; I am sorry you fell. Are you feeling okay today? bummer about the ticket, eek that is steep!

ZOE, eeek to ice rain; I never seen that before! I hear it is very bad in the NE where you are. I hope everyone is safe. Thanks about the snow; it is gone now but we are suppose to get some more tomorrow but we will see.

MISCKA, yippeee I did get to go to lunch with hubby; you are so sweet, thanks! How are you? Yay for WF goodies!

TACORI, he is a sweetie most of the time, hehe thank you. OMG I never had one of those chocolate croissants before until someone started a thread about TJ's yums and that was on the list. I can't believe how delicious those things are; we have 2 left so maybe that will be our treat on Christmas. hehe Ahh, thank you dear friend for the sweet wish!!
12.gif
I saw a bunch of sweet wishes from you, many thanks it made my day friend! Wooo hooo for a size 4; I have never ever been a size 4 even when I weighed 115 lbs and I am 5'4. You are tiny!!!

LORELEI, smooches to you friend! How are the chicks?

KIMI, how are you feeling friend? Hope you are feeling better.

APPLE, sorry things are so busy! Great to see you; yay for all your workouts! I hope you get your oven soon!

MARCY, yay for sleeping and getting the garage fixed. Woo for feeling better. Oh sending good thoughts for your mom, glad it is benign. Yum to cookies! hehe Yay for finishing your cards and presents!!! Thanks about the pic :)

ROD, honey thank you for the sweet bday shout out; I had to post this sushi pic. hehe Yay for the uber workout!!! Have fun at the movies!!

DEEJAY, you lose weight fast, great job!!!! I need to move to Chicago; it is probably the cold weather gets everyone moving faster, stay warm friend!!! Know I know you workout very hard everyday; kudos on the dedication, you rock!!! Wooo for the loss.
36.gif

DRAGON, you are super woman with the workouts!!!!!! Wooo! Hugs and sorry work is so craaaaazy!

IMGbdaysushi0639.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Miscka- I broke down yesterday and had a square of dark chocolate... just a small one. I was so stressed though, I was hoping it would help. Which it did. Thankfully Dark Choco is good for you. Shall we help each other to eat well?

Skippy - You look great in that pic and I looooooove Sushi. Unfortunately SO hates it so I only get it with the gals on occasion.

how does one make larger font on here?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 10:34:34 AM
Author: dragonfly411
How about (since we''ve been keeping track) for each pound we lose personally, we donate a dollar to some kind of charity to help others? Part of being healthy and something that raises happiness levels, is knowing you are helping others in some way. I will be donating mine towards breast cancer.
As for our weekly challenge. Lets have a challenge to find ONE POSITIVE thing about the holidays each day this year. I want to find at LEAST one reason every day to be happy, joyful, and thankful! What do you guys think?
I also want to remind everyone that although pounds are GREAT to count, inches are more important. I was reminded of that last night when watching the biggest loser, one of the top three was at home crying because she had only lost 2 lbs in 7 weeks. But she had lost INCHES as well, and it showed in her body percentage lost, and in the blue form of my bridesmaid''s dress she was wearing lol. I have that dress in brown. But she was gorgeous, and I cried for her, and her determination and her bravery.
L
Dragonfly, Awesome, all for it!! Weight Watchers did something where each lb a person lots then they donated a lb in food and you could bring in food and donate locally so I did that too. I am more than happy to donate to United Way $27 for the 27 lbs I lost, great idea!! Great reminder on losing inches can be just as good if not better than losing lbs. I have a good friend who weighed 130 lbs and she was 5''0 and I weighed 115 (back in the day) but she wore a size 3 and I wore a 7 but it was because she was all muscle and her muscle weigh a bit more. Thank you about the picture! I love Sushi; it is so yummy! hehe

THANKFUL FOR THE DAY: I am thankful for a wonderful family; I don''t know how I ended up so blessed!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Happy Birthday Skippy, you look gorgeous (and tiny)!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m super excited my oven part came in and the repairman is coming on Friday to fix it!!

I also had a personal trainer style workout with my co-worker this evening. I was trying to remember a lot of the exercises my old trainer had showed me, so I could show my co-worker. She''s been doing the elliptical for an hour the last few weeks and was very relieved to learn a new routine. We worked up a good sweat! Didn''t eat so well today b/c it was the monthly birthday celebration, but thats okay b/c I did workout two days in a row! I won''t be able to workout tomorrow b/c we are having our holiday luncheon and then I have a little soiree at my house in the evening, but starting Friday I really don''t have any excuses not to exercise everyday for the rest of the year (except for Christmas day).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 8:18:17 PM
Author: steph72276
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Happy Birthday Skippy, you look gorgeous (and tiny)!
Thank you Steph, sending you a giant hug dear friend.

Apple, yay for the stove!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I went back to work today.I was a little tired this afternoon but not too bad.I think I’ll try the treadmill tonight.If I start feeling bad I’ll stop.I have the next 2 days off so will have a nice long weekend.
Tomorrow I am meeting some of the girls from work for lunch.I don’t have any other plans.I need to pick up a few things for a meeting on Friday and also the stuff to make mac and cheese for the family get together this weekend.

Zoe, thank you for the gracious words about my mom.I appreciate it. I’d stay home too if the roads were that bad.I am going to put on my sweats soon as I am getting pretty cold setting here.That is too bad you don’t have extra days built in for the days school is closed.
DeeJay, congratulations on another great reading on the scale.
36.gif

Dragonfly, it sounds like you are getting in a lot of workouts in spite of being busy.Today I want to say I am very grateful for being healthy.This is the healthiest I have been at Christmas time in decades.I don’t think I’ll donate a $ for each of my pounds – I can’t afford it with Christmas shopping and expenses – maybe I’ll come up with a nice round figure and donate it to breast cancer.

Skippy, you are so lovely!Great photo and you are so SKINNY.
36.gif
It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.Thank you for sending good thoughts for my mom.

Hi Steph!How are you feeling?
Appletini, you’ll be baking again soon.Woo hoo!I am glad you had a good workout today.
Well, take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Thank you so much for the well wishes. I''m on the mend, but still haven''t made it to the gym. I''m really tired as the stuffiness means no sleep!

Tacori, congrats on skinny jeans (4 is tiny, my dear, no matter your height).

Zoe, I''ve got my fingers crossed your DH finds a job soon.

Skip, I''m hangin'' in there. Only 1.5 days left before vacation. Lots of resting this weekend and then time to start making tamales.

Dee, congrats on 126.5, you''re a superstar!

We''re having pasta for dinner, yum! I hear J calling, must run.

K

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, get rested up and I hope the stiffness goes away.

I walked 25 minutes on the treadmill. I will walk on it again in the morning on it since I am not working.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was such a long and stressful day. I had to get to work early as I was offered a free seat in an expensive training class all about Advanced Internet Search Techniques. The class usually costs $1395 and was conducted via webinar. Because of a past relationship with the company, they invited me to take the class and how could I turn down free?!. But, it was such a loooong class. 8 straight hours to be exact, with 1/2 hour for lunch and only two 15 minutes breaks. By about 4 PM, my mind was overcooked, and yet the class didn''t end till after 6 PM. Then, I had to go to my desk and get through the mound of mail that had accumulated, etc. So, we never made it to the movies like we had planned. By the time I left work, it was after 7 PM and I met Charlie at our little diner for dinner. We''re having our office party Friday afternoon. We''re actually going to a park very near our condo on the water and frying a turkey. I made macaroni salad when we got home for the party. It''s my mom''s recipe and while it''s by no means low-cal, it is really good. Tomorrow''s a typical Thursday, including a nice long workout at the gym after work.

Marcy, how nice that you have the next two days off. Will Marty be back home Friday? I''m still hoping to see 4 Christmases before it''s put out on DVD. Yay for a new garage door opener and I hope everything with your mom''s ear issue turns out OK.

Sorry the weather stopped your gym session and your hubby''s training session today Zoe. It''s certainly looking like it''s going to be a rough winter up north this year.

You go DeeJay!! By the time you guys come see us next fall, you''re going to be a stick if you keep this up!!

Sorry work''s been so craaaaaazy dragon. I hope it calms down enough for you to enjoy the holidays.

Skippy, don''t you look just stunning in that picture and thanks for the sushi pic!! I hope you got to go to muscle hour and it was good!

Hey Steph.......How are you doing? I hope the pregnancy is going well and you are all happy and healthy!

I''m glad your oven part came in apple! And Yay for working up a good sweat with your co-worker!

Have a great Thursday everyone..........see you later tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results