shape
carat
color
clarity

He asked & I said YES! My 3.52 OEC ER with Halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
A close up pic

Macro AM8.JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Alison it''s gorgeous!!! Big Congrats!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
You can still see the bezel set diamonds even with the bands on. Fun!

Macro AM7.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Ok last post.... I learned how to use the macro setting this weekend! These pics are bit clearer than the others I posted however not quite as artistic as other posters have done on here :)

Macro AM9.JPG

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
First...CONGRATS!!!

Second....can you say STUNNING! ...(swoon)....I love the fact it is a family heirloom...all the more special...Wow!
36.gif

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for all the nice comments AND indulging me by letting me share!!!!! :)

Macro ALM10.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowsers, that''s a whole lotta bling goin on!
9.gif
VERY pretty with the bands, love it (and love the idea of the plain also).

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is a beautiful work of art! Congrats!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s STUNNING and HUGE! Love the profile!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a gorgeous stone!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You are one lucky girl!

Love it with the bands too, but am totally in love with the stone. The facets are amazing!!!!!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Ellen - Thank you... yeah my jeweler suggested the plain bands and when I put that combo on it gave the ring a whole new look. Believe it or not I am not a flashy girl so all the diamonds is something I have to get used to.

Firegoddess - Thank you so much... I never thought of it being like a piece of art until I got the comments here and I like that. Hopefully my future generations will look at it like that too
1.gif

Tacori - Yeah tell me about it being huge... I am still adjusting... hahaha! All my girlfriends are getting a total kick out of my ring. I am the last person they thought that would end up with this!

Loves Vintage - You are so right... I am truly lucky. I love the facets too. I didn''t even know what an Old European Cut was until his parents gave us the stone! I have to tell you I was just turing in my chair in my office and noticed this flash of sparkle go across my ceiling.... gotta love the disco ball cuts! They are so much fun.
36.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous ring
30.gif
. It''s nice to be able to find treasure in unexpected places!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! what a work of art. it looks as if a spacecraft has landed on your finger...too bad it didn''t land on mine...lol
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This incredible stone and thread needs a BUMP!!!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Lol... Thanks Kelli!

So I am going to my jeweler after I get off work to pick up the 2 white gold bands today! I am super excited to see how they look with the ring. I can post some pics of that combo if anyone is interested.

Ok I have a question for you guys.... I have had a couple of people ask me if my stone was yellow and I was wondering if anyone else ever gets that question?

My stone is a solid H and I don''t see any color so I''ve been kinda surprised. I have never asked someone that question and haven''t really known how to respond when I get it. Isn''t that kinda bad manners to ask that question??? I know that lighting could play a factor, but could it also be because it is an Old European Cut?

Thanks!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Well, holy cow, I don''t know how I missed this one the first time around! What an heirloom! Its is just dazzling.
30.gif
Ok, dazzling is probably an understatement, but I am rendered vocab challenged by your set! I have a soft spot for the OEC''s!. Congratulations to ya!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
OMG I''m so excited to see your OEC finally!! I adore that shape of halo; someday I''ll update mine with one... and the profile view is to die for too.

Re: getting asked if the H color is "yellow". Yeah, that''s rude and nosy. But, a lot of people are. I have people ask how much I paid for mine all the time- I''d say at least once a week, which is delightful
20.gif
Yikes! I have NO idea why anyone would think your stone has any visible color. On the other hand, I''ve mostly been asked if my M color is a D color, rather than the bizarro vice versa question you got asked. Basically people are clueless about diamonds in general and don''t hesitate to ask weird and nosy questions. Don''t let it annoy you! It looks unbelievably gorgeous
3.gif

Also be prepared to answer "Is it real?" way too often as well. I sometimes say "no, it''s not!" if the person creeps me out or I''m just feeling contrary, actually. And the ever-popular and so-tactful "Your husband must really love you!"

dee96789

Rough_Rock
All of these beautiful antique cuts have turned me into such a fan of these diamonds! I WANT ONE TOO! This is just a beautiful ring!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
That has to be one of the most BEAUTIFUL OEC''s I''ve EVER seen! It''s gorgeous!

I LOVE it with the bands. Congratulations on both the engagement and the FAB ring!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 6:03:41 PM
Author: k9muttlover
That has to be one of the most BEAUTIFUL OEC''s I''ve EVER seen! It''s gorgeous!

I LOVE it with the bands. Congratulations on both the engagement and the FAB ring!
36.gif
Big DITTO!!! FABULOUS!
6.gif
30.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results