shape
carat
color
clarity

He asked & I said YES! My 3.52 OEC ER with Halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow... not sure I can imagine anything better than a huge heirloom OEC. Absolutely stunning! congrats
36.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Amazing and beautiful!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! I really dig octagon halos too! Congratulations on your engagement!

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Must stop drooling now...WOW...that is a beautiful custom ring!!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
It is Just So Incredibly Gorgeous!!!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
sososo gorgeous! It''s like a dream ring, except you have it!!!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond! I love the side view on the ring, too. Congratulations!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! And better yet, so many memories invested in the stone! Congratulations!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely are blessed! Your ring is stunning! Congrats on your engagement!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
What a truely amazing ring and fantastic heirloom!
I love love your profile view, very original and suits the stone perfectly..
A big congrats on your engagement and a fabulous ering!
36.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
oh. my. god.

your ring is absolutely Fabulous!!!
30.gif

congratulations, wear it in good health!!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
That is truly going to be a family heirloom. What a lucky girl you are! Wear it in good health.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Alison, your ring is fabulous, and I LOVE that you got that large OEC stone as a family heirloom!

For being a big ring it actually looks pretty delicate in person.

I know the feeling; I never feel like photos do justice to my rings.

Would you believe that this stone and a bunch of other large stones had just been sitting in a safe for the past 20+ years!!!!! Crazy to me... but I am beyond blessed that I got to use it. now I have something amazing to enjoy and then pass on to future generations!
36.gif

I can believe it - my DH's aunt gave me her mother's jewelry, and there were some beautiful pieces that probably hadn't been worn in decades. (Of course they weren't as valuable as your fabulous stone etc. except for the sentimental value...) I doubt she ever wore her mother's e-ring. They weren't even in a safe; just in like a garment bag in the closet or something. But kinda like you, I was lucky she did, because she gave them to me, and I love having things that belonged to my DH's grandmother. And although we don't have children and it doesn't look likely that we will, I can pass them on to his nieces, which I do like to think of. And I am going to make sure to document what they are, so that the heirs will know what they're getting.

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Thank you old-fashioned girl! We were SHOCKED when we found out the diamond even existed! His parents told us early on when we were dating that there were stones to use when the time came if we wanted them. We both kinda rolled our eyes thinking that there wouldn''t be anything worth using so we didn''t think about it again until a year later... well you can only imagine the surprise and utter shock we got with the news. I think it took about a week for my fiancé to get a hold of himself... :) and well his parents really had to idea that this stone and all the others were so valuable. It has been a really fun process. I am keeping a journal that can hopefully be passed down with the stone someday so some of the story will go on :)

I love my heirloom piece and I am sure whoever you pass yours on to will appreciate it as well!
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, stunning setting! That diamond is just beautiful too. What is the color of the diamond? It looks very white for an antique stone - I love it!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Hi Vespergirl: Thanks! It was graded at an H by my jeweler, but she kept wavering if it was actually a G. She decided to go conservative. I didn''t end up sending it off to get a GIA cert and she said that they may have actually put it at a G. It is very white... I don''t see any color :)

Oh and I finally figured out how to use my macro setting so I will post some better pics this weekend!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I love your OEC just gorgeous!
1.gif

Mrs.2Artists

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is WOW!
6.gif
Your OEC is simply amazing and the setting is stunning! Together they make a fabulous ring!
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
my jaw just hit the floor. just stunning.
9.gif

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
I rarely post over here anymore, but I just wanted to add how stunning your ring is. The design is amazing!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Back for another look
9.gif

sds061

Rough_Rock
WOW!!!! ummmm.....WOW!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is an absolute beauty!!!! WOWOWOW!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Bling batman!! Love the profile! CONGRATS

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that''s stunning! and what a gorgeous profile! Lucky girl, congrats to you both!

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
How neat that it was in the family!!!! I know you are so excited!!!!!! You are right...whomever polished the ring did an outstanding job.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous, you did right by that stone. Very nicely done, just gorgeous.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYEVERLOVIN''LORD!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That is some SERIOUS real estate coverage, and I am insanely jealous!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Congratulations and ENJOY!!!
36.gif

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
Well I picked up my wedding bands on Friday and I was simply overwhelmed with how many diamonds I had on my finger at one time. WOW! I can officially say with the addition of the wedding bands my ring is not understated or delicate in any way!
3.gif
I believe each eternity band is 1.09 carats so my total set is now about 7.07 carats. I think it is going to take me some time getting used to that much finger coverage... hahaha. The fiance let me enjoy them for the day and then took them and locked them up until the wedding day. That will be slow torture for sure!

I also ended up asking my jeweler to order me two plain white gold 4mm bands to wear when I don''t want that much bling on my finger. Plus I thought it was another cool way to let the engagement ring stand out every once in a while! And give me some other band combinations when I don''t/can''t wear the engagement ring. I sweetly told my fiance that I would love to own a pink sapphire eternity band someday to mix and match with the other bands.... thought I would plant the seed early.. hahaha!

Here are few pics to enjoy.

Macro AM6.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results