shape
carat
color
clarity

Having trouble finding a setting, also need diamond advice.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Having trouble finding a setting, also need diamond advi

BAC80 said:
Farrahlyn, I really like that one too. (I think we're talking about the same one.)
Http://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/en...-gold-perfect-pave-engagement-ring-item-55361

I noticed the finished ring as well, the diamond size seems to go well with the ring, it doesn't look too small. I like the taper and clean mostly simple look of the setting.

Yes, that is the one i like the best for your stone size! There is a matching wedding band too, that has the taper but a straight band would match perfectly as well when the time comes to purchase one.

http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/matching-bands/14k-white-gold-tapered-pave-band-item-55364

BAC80 said:
I was looking at the profile view of various V prong settings, I have a slight concern about it that maybe you could add some insight about. The majority of these prongs see to be squared up the whole way to the stone, not just at the top. The regular prong setting that is on the ring I like fits nicely with the style and curves of the ring... it looks natural. My concern is that a V would look boxed up and off from a profile view of the ring. What is ya'lls opinion on this?

I do see what you mean, it's not as fluid looking. When i did a google search, i do see some that taper more toward that shank but the majority are very boxy. I think this is a question for JA. Maybe they can provide a picture of the head they will use so you can get a good idea of how it's going to look.

BAC80

Rough_Rock

Well I decided to pull the trigger on the JA ring and the diamond with the medium flourescence,they assured me there was no ill effects. I'll have to post some photos when it actually arrives. Thank you all for your input and help, it was truly appreciated.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

BAC80|1460515421|4018560 said:
Well I decided to pull the trigger on the JA ring and the diamond with the medium flourescence,they assured me there was no ill effects. I'll have to post some photos when it actually arrives. Thank you all for your input and help, it was truly appreciated.

wonderful! What did you decide on the prongs? looking forward to seeing the finished product :bigsmile:

BAC80

Rough_Rock

I forgot to mention the prongs in my excitement while ordering , so it looks like the regular ones like the stock photo. I'm ok with that because they seem to match the ring really nicely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results