shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you see this with an RB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Sevens One,

I don''t know I was thinking a narrow pave band, I''m sure Daniel K makes one to match, I saw one on the website maybe some of the more tech savy folks could post one.

Reena,

Just for the record "I''m In Love With Your Ring Too" I would seriously consider it, but I want to wear both rings on the same hand. Maybe a smaller version for my right hand in someday!!!
30.gif
Leon is amazing!! Enjoy it!! And you gotta tell me if ladies are stalking you in the NY streets! LOL

reena

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
you guys are all so nice. thank you.

allycat, there is no practical difference between a cushion and a cushion brilliant that i am aware of. my stone is a cushion brilliant so you can rest assured that it would work with that setting.

as for a wedding band: i am really reluctant to cover up the detailing on the side (and besides there would be a huge gap) so i am going to find a fun wedding band to wear on the ring finger of my right hand.

as for when we''ll get married--probably at least a year and a half. i don''t mind waiting though--it''s so fun to be engaged!

LTS i can''t wait to see what you decide to do. also, a while back there was a SMTR thread about split shank rings and there are a ton of beautiful examples posted there--you may want to do a search.
1.gif

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Reena,

Hmm, so there is no difference between cushion and cushion brilliant. WHY, WHY do they have different names? For a cushion newbie, this is confusing. It''s like they don''t want me to buy one...What about a modern cushion? Is that the same thing too? Another thing I''m worried about, when it comes time is figuring out those proportion things for cushions. I have no idea. I''m just going to throw myself at the mercy of pricescope and beg for help! Initially I was going to go for RB because they seem to have all these tools to determine if they are a good buy, so less thinking for me....................I don''t like to think about anything with numbers! I can see why you wouldn''t want to wear a wedding band that covers the underside of the ring, it is probably the most beautiful and unique part of the ring. Ahh.. long engagements... I read somewhere that being engaged is the best time of the relationship because you have a major committement but haven''t jumped into all the arguments.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Have you tried looking on www.pearlmans.com for Gumuchian Fils? She has a split prong pave ring with an RB shown.

gumuchian fils jewelry 35J18.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I also thought this mark schneider ring might be worth a look. Not as delicate as some, but lovely all the same.

mark schneider gleam ring.jpg

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock
OMG, that is gorgeous!!!! absolutely stunning
3.gif
thank you for those pics. I''m gonna take another look at pearlmans.

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2004 9:39:56 PM
Author: allycat0303
Reena,

Hmm, so there is no difference between cushion and cushion brilliant. WHY, WHY do they have different names? ;
well, maybe someone else can chime in here, but as far as i am aware those are just two different ways of describing the same thing. like, round vs. round brilliant.

if a stone is a "modern" cushion, however, then that means that it is a newly-cut stone as opposed to an antique stone. antique cushions are gorgeous, too, but they do have a different look than the modern stones (the modern stones are cut for brilliance and will likely be more expensive). make any sense?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Reena,

Thanks so much for clearing that up! So all I have to worry about is the modern cushion (and those awful numbers associated with proportions. Please tell me you won''t be leaving pricescope now that you have your ring!). Out of curiosity, did you see a modern cushion in person? Was there any difference? I don''t think I''ll see one in Canada, as I said before jeweller stores basically carry the factory manufactured setting with 0.15 to 0.25 brilliant round....sigh... not exactly inspiring! And that''s it. I went to a jewellery store this morning and asked to see a cushion and the sales person didn''t even know what it was!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you don't mind, but just so you can see a round stone in a split shank band setting I thought I'd show you my e-ring which has a bead set split shank band. The centre diamond is a 2ct OEC. I do wear a 4mm plat plain wedding band beside it and I think it looks fine. Sometimes I add a very slim (1mm) diamond set eternity band on the other side.

OEC e-ring split shank.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2004 12:12:29 PM
Author: allycat0303
Hey Reena,

Out of curiosity, did you see a modern cushion in person? Was there any difference?
well, my stone is a modern cushion. so, yes i have!
1.gif
i have also seen antique cushions in person, and they''re beautiful as well . . . but very different. it''s really a matter of taste i think. if you go to some antique jewelry stores or websites and look for rings with antique cushions you''ll see. maybe try faycullen.com, estatediamondjewelry.com and antiqueengagementrings.com. my stone and MMM''s stone are both good examples of modern cushions to compare the antique stones to.

bagpuss, your ring is just one of my all-time favorites. i absolutely adore it.
30.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Reena.
21.gif
I''m a bit partial to it too!
9.gif

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Bagpuss, I thinK your ring is gorgeous!!! I especially love the way the split shank scrolls next to the bezel.

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know the correct address for the pearlman''s website, I clicked on the link above and got the pearlman family website.........very cute, but not what I''m looking for. LOL
2.gif

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Reeyonce!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results