shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever had this regret..

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you tried pointing the pink tourmaline the other way? I have a couple trillion rings, and always point the tips down toward my hand. Not sure why, but when I wear them with the point up, I think it looks "wrong" (obv, there is no right or wrong way). It might be a matter of visual perception or something. :confused2:

I love how both of your stones look!! And your settings are just right for each of them :kiss2:

Or, tryy wearing it on middle or index fingers. I like to wear trillions and hearts that way. Feels very balanced.

I like this ideas! I’ll try them both

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I admire your blue green tourmaline very much, Gemobsessed. :love: It is just perfect in every way! The pink tourmaline is also lovely and looks right on you.

I have different feelings about some of my rings and how wearable they are for everyday. My avatar ring is more for special occasions, and I have a couple that are rather small so they don’t spin much and are easier to manage at work. (I have one that is a large inexpensive stone and I decided it doesn’t work on my size 5 fingers.)

Your pink tourmaline suits you and I think it deserves a place in your jewelry rotation. And that color! Yum!

Thank you, I think you and I are soul sisters that way! We should have an exchange program haha

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm I agree, don’t panic yet! Try it on the middle finger; keep it as a cocktail ring or change it to a pendant / brooch? I’ve changed my mind many MANY times about jewellery over the years and often been to quick too judge a piece and traded it away. Put it away and come back to it later...

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmm I agree, don’t panic yet! Try it on the middle finger; keep it as a cocktail ring or change it to a pendant / brooch? I’ve changed my mind many MANY times about jewellery over the years and often been to quick too judge a piece and traded it away. Put it away and come back to it later...

Thank you, you’re totally right! What if I change my mind later ! The colour of this stone is truly irreplaceable. I don’t be able to forgive myself.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty casual. I still wear my big, obnoxious, coral ring with shorts in the summer. I just love both of of your rings so much. They are beautiful. I don’t think the tourmaline looks too big for your hand. Just wear it in the evenings if you think it’s too big for daytime.

S

SparkliesLuver

I also started out thinking high and big wasn’t a problem for me! I think we were in the same place. You are right I will give it time, it’s brand new right now. And it is a statement piece even if I don’t wear it much so definitely something special. I can wear on special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries..

I’m incredibly curious to see your huge green blue tourmaline! Could you share the thread or pic?

haha I started out thinking it wouldn't be a problem for me either! So yes, I'd say we were in the same place. Good, I'm glad you're going to give it some time. Exactly.

Here's my first thread on PS and it happens to be a long one. haha It starts out going one way (a 10mm+ blue zircon) and ends in a completely different way (getting a custom cut green-blue tourmaline)! So funny. Anyhow, when you have some time feel free to read through it or just check out the last couple pages, which is where the tourmaline is. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-would-you-set-an-asscher-cut-blue-zircon.204748/

But here's a hand shot to make it easy. ;-)
Ring.jpg

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty casual. I still wear my big, obnoxious, coral ring with shorts in the summer. I just love both of of your rings so much. They are beautiful. I don’t think the tourmaline looks too big for your hand. Just wear it in the evenings if you think it’s too big for daytime.

I will! I usually don’t at night worried I’ll damage it but if I never wear it because of that what’s the point

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
haha I started out thinking it wouldn't be a problem for me either! So yes, I'd say we were in the same place. Good, I'm glad you're going to give it some time. Exactly.

Here's my first thread on PS and it happens to be a long one. haha It starts out going one way (a 10mm+ blue zircon) and ends in a completely different way (getting a custom cut green-blue tourmaline)! So funny. Anyhow, when you have some time feel free to read through it or just check out the last couple pages, which is where the tourmaline is. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-would-you-set-an-asscher-cut-blue-zircon.204748/

But here's a hand shot to make it easy. ;-)
Ring.jpg

Oh wow it’s just stunning! I can’t get over it. When do you end up wearing it usually however rarely that happens?

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh wow it’s just stunning! I can’t get over it. When do you end up wearing it usually however rarely that happens?

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say. :) I used to think I'd wear it at work - I have a desk job - but I found myself even too nervous to whack it on something here. So now I save it for more special occasions, such as fancy dinners and banquets where I'm not doing much (and it's usually just DH and I).

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! That's very kind of you to say. :) I used to think I'd wear it at work - I have a desk job - but I found myself even too nervous to whack it on something here. So now I save it for more special occasions, such as fancy dinners and banquets where I'm not doing much (and it's usually just DH and I).

Haha yes me too. Afraid of the desk!

I wonder did you get any more blue greens after this one? Perhaps smaller and more wearable? I just got two more! They were commissioned ages ago and just got ready. They are a pair but I have picture of One. 8 x 6 F779AAE2-608F-480E-8E16-3443925AC1B4.jpeg

S

SparkliesLuver

Haha yes me too. Afraid of the desk!

I wonder did you get any more blue greens after this one? Perhaps smaller and more wearable? I just got two more! They were commissioned ages ago and just got ready. They are a pair but I have picture of One. 8 x 6 F779AAE2-608F-480E-8E16-3443925AC1B4.jpeg

Honestly, my green-blue helped me realize I wanted more blue-greens and blues, so it was a great purchase in several ways. I have a 3-stone suite of Gamata mine indicolites (pictured below is the main stone along with the vendor photo of the suite). Outside of an untreated emerald, my green-blue is probably the only green stone I think I'll own.

BigTourm.jpg Gamatas.jpg

Oh, wow! That's a beauty you have there. :) And a pair to boot?! Awesome. Any idea what you'll do with them?

Attachments

• SmallTourm.jpg
    SmallTourm.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 14

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Honestly, my green-blue helped me realize I wanted more blue-greens and blues, so it was a great purchase in several ways. I have a 3-stone suite of Gamata mine indicolites (pictured below is the main stone along with the vendor photo of the suite). Outside of an untreated emerald, my green-blue is probably the only green stone I think I'll own.

BigTourm.jpg Gamatas.jpg

Oh, wow! That's a beauty you have there. :) And a pair to boot?! Awesome. Any idea what you'll do with them?

Same here all I want are blues and greens and I’ll only settle for neon pinks outside of that!

I plan to make earrings out of this pair now.

That blue is to die for. I haven’t found my Perfect blue yet, still looking since last year. Is this suite from jeff white ? Do let me know which vendor I can bother about your exact shade of tourmaline!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Same here all I want are blues and greens and I’ll only settle for neon pinks outside of that!

I plan to make earrings out of this pair now.

That blue is to die for. I haven’t found my Perfect blue yet, still looking since last year. Is this suite from jeff white ? Do let me know which vendor I can bother about your exact shade of tourmaline!!

I'm also very much about the neon pinks and vivid blues. :) Those will look lovely! I can't wait to see them when you're finished.

Thank you so much. I had looked for years when a vendor I know asked if I'd be interested in the suite. I wasn't planning on buying anything at that time but I had to say yes - there's no way I could pass them up! She originally got them from Jeff White, yes. :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both of your rings and love the one on each hand idea!

Bron, can you please tell us more about that opal?:lickout:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A2EBA0AB-C35F-4B25-86C2-E72F1E46759D.jpeg
I'm also very much about the neon pinks and vivid blues. :) Those will look lovely! I can't wait to see them when you're finished.

Thank you so much. I had looked for years when a vendor I know asked if I'd be interested in the suite. I wasn't planning on buying anything at that time but I had to say yes - there's no way I could pass them up! She originally got them from Jeff White, yes. :)

I know what you mean! Still waiting for lightening to strike on my blue in which case I will break any rule for it. It’s been very elusive.

Speaking of neon pinks I gave in and bought this beautiful rough. It will cut a 2-3 carat wearable pink Tourmaline. I bought it because it’s the most neon rough I have ever seen! Looks like spinel not Tourmaline. So hopefully after this I’ll get to have a wearable pink and a big statement pink.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP I love the cut of your Trillion and it is such a different feel for me than the Tourmaline. Not to mention they are in the perfect settings! That pink really calls spring and summer to me...

It's funny but for me the Tourmaline is much "fancier" because of the side stones and the white metal. I think that the rose gold is what does it, makes it more versatile for everyday wear....

S

SparkliesLuver

A2EBA0AB-C35F-4B25-86C2-E72F1E46759D.jpeg

I know what you mean! Still waiting for lightening to strike on my blue in which case I will break any rule for it. It’s been very elusive.

Speaking of neon pinks I gave in and bought this beautiful rough. It will cut a 2-3 carat wearable pink Tourmaline. I bought it because it’s the most neon rough I have ever seen! Looks like spinel not Tourmaline. So hopefully after this I’ll get to have a wearable pink and a big statement pink.

Yes, unfortunately the pure blues are quite elusive. :(

Oh wow, what a piece! Love it. :appl: I enjoy buying rough too and having it cut. Can't wait to see how it finishes. Looks like a great shape too. That sounds like a wonderful outcome - a wearable ring and a statement ring! Best of both worlds. :)

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP I love the cut of your Trillion and it is such a different feel for me than the Tourmaline. Not to mention they are in the perfect settings! That pink really calls spring and summer to me...

It's funny but for me the Tourmaline is much "fancier" because of the side stones and the white metal. I think that the rose gold is what does it, makes it more versatile for everyday wear....

Thank yeah u so much ! That is such a nice compliment, I feel much better. Funnily I do agree that the white gold makes it fancy. I’ve bewn wearing it every day and feel I need to up my game on my dressing!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh wow, what a piece! Love it. :appl: I enjoy buying rough too and having it cut. Can't wait to see how it finishes. Looks like a great shape too. That sounds like a wonderful outcome - a wearable ring and a statement ring! Best of both worlds. :)

Thank you :)
It will cut a round brilliant. I have no idea what kind of design I should put it in. Rounds are difficult for me, nothings ever good enough. I’m better with squares and that was an option but I told myself to keep a round for better yield.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you :)
It will cut a round brilliant. I have no idea what kind of design I should put it in. Rounds are difficult for me, nothings ever good enough. I’m better with squares and that was an option but I told myself to keep a round for better yield.

Oh, nice! That would've been my guess. I love rounds. Aw. I'm sure you'll figure something out when it's time. You'll have to start a thread; I know you'll get a ton of ideas.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
507A5085-6A86-4836-AE28-1691FC503109.jpeg

The rough has been cut and I couldn’t be happier. I will start a thread when I receive it in my hand but look at that gem! I need understated design ideas for this- it’s 7.5 mm and has a lot of presence. I have simply no ideas for this now. So If you can think of anything do share.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
507A5085-6A86-4836-AE28-1691FC503109.jpeg

The rough has been cut and I couldn’t be happier. I will start a thread when I receive it in my hand but look at that gem! I need understated design ideas for this- it’s 7.5 mm and has a lot of presence. I have simply no ideas for this now. So If you can think of anything do share.
Wow! That is vivid! You could do just about anything with it. Are you going to put it in a ring so you can look at it all the time?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is vivid! You could do just about anything with it. Are you going to put it in a ring so you can look at it all the time?

Absolutely! I don’t know what kind of design though and I’m out of cash so I need something understated and from a readymade vendor. Wish I could do custom work on everything.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely! I don’t know what kind of design though and I’m out of cash so I need something understated and from a readymade vendor. Wish I could do custom work on everything.
I have one gem show vendor I trust to do the work you are talking about. It would cost you $150 US to get it set. Your stone is so pretty that it doesn’t need anything fancy.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have one gem show vendor I trust to do the work you are talking about. It would cost you $150 US to get it set. Your stone is so pretty that it doesn’t need anything fancy.

That’s what I’m counting on :). That’s a simple setting would suffice. Could you share the reference?

Also would you recommend white or rose gold for this?
I am generally a white gold person but with pinks I’m often confused.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s what I’m counting on :). That’s a simple setting would suffice. Could you share the reference?

I vote white! More versatile and offers more contrast

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
32229149-C860-4A07-8BB2-ADE591BD56BC.jpeg
I vote white! More versatile and offers more contrast

Noted! I have another picture here where it’s a bit more pink and it does seem like it’ll look better with white gold. I was looking through Ivy and rose settings and it just seems like all their settings are for smaller stones. Say around 6.5 mm while this is 7.5 mm. Sigh, I thought they were a reliable back up.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I set my umbalite in silver, although white gold probably would have been better. It made the hot pink pop.

I go to Scott Sills at gem shows. sandsgoldanddiamond.com is the website. They travel to gem shows mostly in the southeast.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
32229149-C860-4A07-8BB2-ADE591BD56BC.jpeg

Noted! I have another picture here where it’s a bit more pink and it does seem like it’ll look better with white gold. I was looking through Ivy and rose settings and it just seems like all their settings are for smaller stones. Say around 6.5 mm while this is 7.5 mm. Sigh, I thought they were a reliable back up.

They can modify their settings for you! I think there is a fee starting from $149.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results