shape
carat
color
clarity

Have this on layaway....thoughts?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 this was an Etsy find, Etsy is really my go to. Now I did not get a crazy deal on this but when you are looking for something specific and with nice quality diamonds sometimes you have to pay up for it.

Being honest though I was thinking about cancelling the layaway on this for that platinum three stone on EBay that I shared in "Someone Needs To Buy This Piece" but it wasn't a cluster so had to pass on it. Someone ended up buying it and I'm hoping it will show up on PS.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, oh that would be fun to go pawn shopping, love a good deal and there are so many treasures out there. It's dangerous actually, I only go if I have money specifically set aside otherwise it's just too tempting.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, I really love it!:kiss2: SO pretty!!! It looks perfect on your hand...talk about finger coverage!:dance:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17 for your sweet compliments!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza that's gorgeous! I can't find many deals on ebay or etsy very often because not many places ship to Canada. Much smaller field to play in.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lyra, I do love a good
cluster!

Have you looked at Mercari? Not sure if that would be any better to shop from. I have bought several jewelry items and have been happy with them. Also if you are a pawn shop person you could probably find something there and at a good price.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter and I went to the pawn shop. Nothing worth having at all! I do best online. There's even fewer choices than local sites, where people expect to get top dollar for mall store junk.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My daughter and I went to the pawn shop. Nothing worth having at all! I do best online. There's even fewer choices than local sites, where people expect to get top dollar for mall store junk.

I shop at one particular pawn shop all the time...and t’s either feast or famine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Looks so much better in your pics. I love how it looks on your hand and the star like shape around the center diamond. So glad you took a chance as it is a keeper. Enjoy it’s fabulousness!!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @kgizo, definitely enjoying the bolder look, this ring is double the diameter of my solitaire!

There is actually a brand name on the inside of the band "Everwed" apparently this ring was made in the 70's, haven't found out much more than that about the company though.

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love your new ring! I've always had a soft spot for that style, and you wear it so well.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Sibsgirl, it really is a fun ring to wear, lots of finger coverage and sparkles.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We finally FINALLY have some sun here in CT so I found a sunny spot in my bathroom (always classy here) and shot some video which I posted on IG. So if you want to check it out I am slynnrose12 on IG.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We finally FINALLY have some sun here in CT so I found a sunny spot in my bathroom (always classy here) and shot some video which I posted on IG. So if you want to check it out I am slynnrose12 on IG.
I watched the video....that ring is gorgeous!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @LorettaB!

You know you have a problem when you are eating lunch and you notice there is a brief patch of sun coming in. So you are sitting there wishing you could jump up and shoot some quick pictures but your family would think you were crazy. The sun is back behind the clouds by the time you're done and you are pouting internally lol!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hb

You know you have a problem when you are eating lunch and you notice there is a brief patch of sun coming in. So you are sitting there wishing you could jump up and shoot some quick pictures but your family would think you were crazy. The sun is back behind the clouds by the time you're done and you are pouting internally lol!
I understand! We have had way too much rain and gloomy days here lately...and looks like more to come. We need some of that wonderful winter sunshine!!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I Just saw your other post in the other thread and came here to see if you had updated it or am i confused about the ring?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I returned it today. Such a bummer but just too heavy, I guess that is the trade-off for more finger coverage but I couldn't get used to it @nala

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I Just saw your other post in the other thread and came here to see if you had updated it or am i confused about the ring?

Probably not as confused as I am as to whether it’s an emerald or not. I’ve been told to not get my hopes up but I can’t help it, I am. But I won’t be too badly disappointed if it’s not a real emerald. The proof is in the test!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay I am so lost....emerald?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay sorry this got confusing so let me try to clarify.

I bought the cluster and found it was too heavy (but beautiful) and mailed it back today. I have an old European solitaire I'm going to sell because I really want something Art Deco and happened upon this which I think will be the ring worthy of replacing the OEC:

IMG_7074.JPG

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry for my part in the confusion but I do have to say you have outstanding taste! Gorgeous jewelry!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why you fell for this one! Love love love Art Deco. Love the marquise sides. How long before you get this one?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @LorettaB you are too sweet!

Depends on how long it takes me to sell my other diamond ring @nala but the seller reserved it for me for two months WITH a return policy to boot!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the OEC sold overnight so it looks like things are moving along at lightning speed!
Omg! Are you parting with your oec, the one with the chip?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes indeed!

Wow. Talk about ringing In the new year with big changes! How did you decide you were ready to part with it? If you don’t mind sharing. I must have missed the thread.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Talk about ringing In the new year with big changes! How did you decide you were ready to part with it? If you don’t mind sharing. I must have missed the thread.

I didn't talk about it on PS at all. I sent an email to a few PS'ers asking if they wanted to buy it and luckily one took me up on the offer.

I came to the decision to sell because I really wanted a true Art Deco piece and to have a transitional diamond so this new ring fits all the requirements. It has taken a long time to get to this, trying different cuts, different settings, colored stones etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results