shape
carat
color
clarity

Have people experienced stones falling out of their rings?

Halohello

Rough_Rock
I am going from a solitaire to a micropave (half pointers) double halo, but am getting very nervous about the possibility of this not being an appropriate setting for someone who wears their ring every day (I take it off when I go to the shower, gym, sea and when doing outdoor sports however).

What are people's experiences with halos and diamond bands? Is it a real risk that stones will fall out?

HH :wavey:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Have people experienced stones falling out of their ring

I have 80+ stones and none have fallen out. I would say I'm about the same type of ring-user as you. I typically take it off if I'm working out, cleaning, etc. But I have on occasion worn it for yoga. (when I go that is... ;-)

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock

I had a three-sided detailed, delicate pave setting by a popular PS vendor. The ring was gorgeous, but I did lose little stones here and there. Say, 4 or 5 in 9 years. The bigger issue was that the three sided pave made the ring a bit like swiss cheese, and despite only reasonable wear (like what you describe) the ring went off round. At that point stones started popping out left and right. This ring was repaired twice and completely remade once, and it happened again and again. Thus I do not recommend three-sided pave for daily wear.

I too would be interested to hear from others on this topic though - for example, those who have one-sided, hand forged pave settings (like all of you with the VC Emilya halos and such): are you losing stones less often?

Halohello

Rough_Rock

Thank you SparklySoprano, that is great to know!

sivyaleah

Rough_Rock

I have several rings handed down to me which are decades old. None have lost any stones, nor have any of my own.

The only piece which lost something was a very small opal (I mean, really tiny) set into an antique Art Nouveau bracelet. All the other stones on it are tight.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

I have a VC Emilya and haven't lost any stones, though I've only had mine since 2014.

I did have a three-sided pave colored stone halo that lost a few stones; it was made by a local jeweler.

Q

Queenie60

I have a hand forged pave ring and have not had any of the stones fall out. Do not beat it up, I remove the ring when I workout, clean and garden, etc.

Halohello

Rough_Rock

Queenie, Logan Saphire, Veltiesmom, Sivyaleah - very helpful intel. Good to know single-sided pave stones generally don't just fall out like confetti!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Knock wood, none of the pave in my ring has fallen out and I wear it all the time except for sleep. It's a Simon G.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I did with my handforged pave from Ocean Pearlman, it had one pointers. Like salt from a salt cellar. Every time I wore the thing it would lose a stone.

I have not had any such problem with my 1/2 point halo, handforged, by Steven Kirsch.

Who you use REALLY matters. I HIGHLY recommend Steven.

Please see my posts in these threads about pave. I think it will help.

Why pave is fragile: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-online-retailer-for-a-custom-setting.203660/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-online-retailer-for-a-custom-setting.203660/[/URL]
Why we recommend handforging for pave: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-all-think-of-this-stone.219137/page-2#post-3981481#p3981481']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-all-think-of-this-stone.219137/page-2#post-3981481#p3981481[/URL]

Halohello

Rough_Rock

Thanks Gypsy. Very helpful links. I note you think a shank thinner than 2mm is stupid/risky... I've just submitted my final specs for my reset and I asked for 1.8mm! Should I be upping it to 2mm for durability given I want to wear the ring daily (except to the gym/shower/bed/beach as mentioned)?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would, yes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results