shape
carat
color
clarity

HAUYNITE/ HAUYNE stones around one carat?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I have two

here is one of them

nice color indeed

img_0708.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
perfect blue!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
OTL, is your avatar a black opal? Is it yours?

S

SparkliesLuver

OTL, I'd love to see more pictures of both of your stones. I'm definitely looking for that electric blue. Do you have any plans to do anything with them? Just curious.

Do most people leave hauyne in the box or has anyone ventured to set it somehow?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1423099270|3827522 said:
OTL, is your avatar a black opal? Is it yours?

Yes that's a dreamy black opal, it's not mine though. I wish it was!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1423142406|3827687 said:
OTL, I'd love to see more pictures of both of your stones. I'm definitely looking for that electric blue. Do you have any plans to do anything with them? Just curious.

Do most people leave hauyne in the box or has anyone ventured to set it somehow?

I haven't took pictures of the other one yet but it looks just like this one.
I've no plans to set them...too small, both are 0.1xct, maybe someday, on a ring, as small side stones.

S

SparkliesLuver

OTL said:
I haven't took pictures of the other one yet but it looks just like this one.
I've no plans to set them...too small, both are 0.1xct, maybe someday, on a ring, as small side stones.

Oh, okay. Twins. :) Gotcha.

Yeah. All of them are small. The one I'm considering is .25 ct. I'd love to put it in a ring somehow - and be very careful with it - as I can't imagine wearing it any other way since I'd never be able to see it. And I hate the thought of it just sitting in a box. :( I emailed a jeweler to see if they'd take on the project/get their thoughts.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Please ask here who knows a very very good jeweller for a special stones like hauyne.

S

SparkliesLuver

Marlow said:
Please ask here who knows a very very good jeweller for a special stones like hauyne.

Question posed: anyone know? :D

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
OTL, do you mind telling us who you purchased your Hauyne from ? Was it rare stones ? I just started researching these gems and am going through all previous posts.
Thanks !

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Good to see you posting again Marlow!

tempest

Rough_Rock
Trade
so i have found a few *bigger pieces of hauyne dark blue and light blue now next question annyone know hauyne cutters i heard that becauce they are so soft most cutters dont whant to risk it and considering se size i am not willing to risk it ":)

Aimee71

Rough_Rock
It is the most beautiful blue. I"ve always coveted one. About as likely as getting a Rembrandt.
Hi. I have a antique German Hauyne ring in 14k gold . Unusually large piece. Originally purchased in Wuppertal Germany. Would consider selling . If interested ask for pics.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two

here is one of them

nice color indeed

img_0708.jpg
Wow, old thread.

Neon blue apatite is almost identical in color to hauyne if people are looking for that color.

Reactions: AV_

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Neon blue and paraiba colored apatite are indeed underrated.
For earrings or pendants - why not...

Reactions: T L

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F7AD57FA-0C79-4C4D-8FDB-89EB1BEFA139.jpeg
Had to post another shameless photo of my apatite. 0.75carats.. Very clean, It has a needle but that’s it.

Some dealers compare this color to hauyne. They are soft though, and should be worn with caution.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw a gorgeous cushion over a carat on Instagram. I almost posted it.

Nice collection!

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen some on sale in Japan that ranges from just under half a carat to just over a carat.

AllAboutACarat

Rough_Rock
Cant find it, but it was similar in color to this.

Thanks. I found some on jewelclimb.com but unfortunately the large ones (1ct+) were sold ㅠㅠ

Screenshot_20210324-115826_Chrome.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the photo. It really shows the variation in saturation and tone, which is hard to see in the tiny stones.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Here's some in a ring, but no international shipping it seems, and a hefty price tag (though I think that's the case with this stone):

1.025 cts:

0.9 cts:

Also an unset 1.13 cts one:

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, saturation can very quite a bit. I've noticed it more lately, even in the smaller sizes. Perhaps because there is less available and the lesser stuff is what some have left.

As the larger pieces are out of my price range, I love using hauyne melee in jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results