shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone worked with Nicole (Ring Concierge) based in NY?

scopingit

Rough_Rock
I think there are likely many jewelers who can replicate the Whisper Thin! I've definitely seen others that look quite similar, although of course it depends on how thin you're looking to get. Many jewelers certainly offer the same setting for 1.5 mm but I know the RC will go as thin as 1.2 or 1.3.

Wow, 1.2 or 1.3 is so thin! I think 1.4mm is their standard size, so 1.5mm isn't too far off.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
However I do think their setting is stunning and their customer service was quite nice.

It is beautiful, but I wonder how good their customer service is when that ultra thin band goes out of round or breaks.

scopingit

Rough_Rock
It is beautiful, but I wonder how good their customer service is when that ultra thin band goes out of round or breaks.

They're pretty swamped right now. It's taking days just to hear back on a general inquiries.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is helpful context! I was quoted about $1400 by a local jeweler who can replicate the Whisper Thin. Based on what you shared, I'm guessing the Whisper Thin will probably fall in the $2000-$2500 range.

1.8mm is very thin and about the minimum size to be durable. I think one could get it custom made for $1500 or less easily, and it should be longer lasting than the ones mentioned. That design is really awful, anyway. The way they have the prongs coming out from the base of the shank means that if you wear a wedding band with it, the band is going to eat into those prongs. It really looks ridiculously thin aside from the structural problems. As more and more people have those ultra thin rings for several years and have problems, it will be interesting to see if they get their rings replaced.

Screenshot (236).png

Examples of much better design and likely far better quality:

See how these rings have a base (doughnut) under the prongs and a wedding band sits next to that as opposed to hitting the prongs in the design above?

scopingit

Rough_Rock
1.8mm is very thin and about the minimum size to be durable. I think one could get it custom made for $1500 or less easily, and it should be longer lasting than the ones mentioned. That design is really awful, anyway. The way they have the prongs coming out from the base of the shank means that if you wear a wedding band with it, the band is going to eat into those prongs. It really looks ridiculously thin aside from the structural problems. As more and more people have those ultra thin rings for several years and have problems, it will be interesting to see if they get their rings replaced.

Screenshot (236).png

Examples of much better design and likely far better quality:

See how these rings have a base (doughnut) under the prongs and a wedding band sits next to that as opposed to hitting the prongs in the design above?

This is priceless advice! As someone who is completely new to rings, I would not have thought about the day-to-day wear and impact with a wedding band. The designs you showed looks more compatible when wearing with a wedding band. You also make a very good point about longevity. I don't think the Whisper Thin has been around long enough for issues to arise yet. I might just have to reconsider another ring.

DanniiD

Rough_Rock
Sorry for bringing back an old post. I'm wondering if you can share how much Ring Concierge charged for the Whisper Thin without purchasing a diamond directly from them?
I was charged around $2700 for my Antique style setting ( in 2018 ). But not sure if they sell setting alone any longer. I would agree the customer service at that time wasn't great but I know they have grown, so maybe now its better?

I purchased my stone from Old World Diamonds - I'm sure they could also replicate something similar. Adam from OWD is a pleasure to work with, I highly recommended them.

RC advised me that Nicole's original Antique ring band is 1.3 in thickness, but advised me they don't go lower than 1.5 - which is what I got.

Their Whisper Thin band I believe is also at 1.5 thickness

Many people have issues with the thinness of the band and totally understand their concern but I wouldn't change it. I found it super difficult to find jewellers that has a dainty modern finish to their work. Anything chunkier or less refined would take away the look I was trying to achieve with my engagement stack. Lastly my fingers are not long and slender so anything that was chunkier just did suit my hand and looked clunky.

These companies that are run by women that you could consider:

Melanie Casey also has some beautiful fine & danity pieces but they don't work with outside stones. But I have brought some other jewelry from their collection.

The Clear Cut also has a similar thin band in their range

IMG_3116.jpg

8D56A8CD-DD55-4F6A-A855-A6950AD699F1.jpeg

IMG_7108.jpg

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I had terrible experiences with ring concierge. Their workmanship was very bad and I had to send my bracelet back to them. I wouldn’t buy any jewelry from them ever again. There are a lot of other vendors with better quality that can replicate almost any setting!

cphrebs

Rough_Rock
Sorry for bringing back an old post. I'm wondering if you can share how much Ring Concierge charged for the Whisper Thin without purchasing a diamond directly from them?

2.8k for whisper thin with hidden halo

Faemous

Rough_Rock
Hi I have great intel here! Disclaimer I did buy my ring in Feb 2022 peak diamond prices... he should of proposed when I suggested in 2021 haha

We are not having a lavish wedding so we put that into the budget for the ring..She is way OVER price and you have to put deposit down before seeing the rings!!!! That is huge no-no in the industry. Any real designer/dealer would NEVER do whisper thin if they do they make you sign off they are not responsible for anything that happens because its so unreliable where as normally any diamond chip gets replaced. I had a big budget and even that wasn't enough to have the people treat me way I expected they rush you! Instead we went to Sotheby's that was the experience you expected!! My guy could tell right away her's was old mine cushion and low grade in color most of her diamonds are its all filters!! Anything over 3ct with color D,E, or F color will be hard to source, if you do will be six figures. Never buy 3ct 4ct 5ct etc you want a little more bc if diamond gets chipped it losses value because you go from 3ct to 2.98 get it!

All old euro have been previously own if someone tells you otherwise ask for proof of which mine it came from they are lying!! Lastly, a good designer/dealer can tell you source what decade because not all old euro are made 1920s -1940s some are later or earlier. They also can sense which mine since diamond mines back then were only few for example Australia and cape Africa.

DO NOT USE HER, ITS A BUSINESS not a designer/dealer. SHE WENT TO HAVARD she saw an OPPORTUNITY and went for it. It's all MARKETING and thats what I do for a living and can see the tricks she does from a mile away. But I still just loved how they looked and tried and prayed it was the realdeal which it wasn't! If you want old go with an old dealer/designer they have the best sources! I promise you will save money buying loose stone anywhere else. I went to an expensive auction house one of oldest in the world and it was cheaper than quote she was giving me and NO DEPOSIT necessary, we saw more than 9 diamonds that were sourced for us again, some even flown in, again no deposit and dealer went in great detail about every single one.

Another warning CUSHION is more expensive than a ROUND even if you find a round looking cushion it cost more. We went with a round but its not perfectly round because an Old Euro is never perfectly round its part of the design, you get the same feel/look as cushion. For example 4.43 cushion old euro is 90k where 4.43 old euro round is 80k. I have lived in NYC and did a lot of research before buying my ring.

I highly highly recommend seeing your diamond in person photos/videos do not do it justice and each old euro or old mine is an art piece and look different. I went with a diamond that on paper wasn't as appealing as my other options but in person it was breathtaking... I would have never guessed it but stood out way more than clearer higher color ones, even when we put them all next to each other.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I have great intel here! Disclaimer I did buy my ring in Feb 2022 peak diamond prices... he should of proposed when I suggested in 2021 haha

We are not having a lavish wedding so we put that into the budget for the ring..She is way OVER price and you have to put deposit down before seeing the rings!!!! That is huge no-no in the industry. Any real designer/dealer would NEVER do whisper thin if they do they make you sign off they are not responsible for anything that happens because its so unreliable where as normally any diamond chip gets replaced. I had a big budget and even that wasn't enough to have the people treat me way I expected they rush you! Instead we went to Sotheby's that was the experience you expected!! My guy could tell right away her's was old mine cushion and low grade in color most of her diamonds are its all filters!! Anything over 3ct with color D,E, or F color will be hard to source, if you do will be six figures. Never buy 3ct 4ct 5ct etc you want a little more bc if diamond gets chipped it losses value because you go from 3ct to 2.98 get it!

All old euro have been previously own if someone tells you otherwise ask for proof of which mine it came from they are lying!! Lastly, a good designer/dealer can tell you source what decade because not all old euro are made 1920s -1940s some are later or earlier. They also can sense which mine since diamond mines back then were only few for example Australia and cape Africa.

DO NOT USE HER, ITS A BUSINESS not a designer/dealer. SHE WENT TO HAVARD she saw an OPPORTUNITY and went for it. It's all MARKETING and thats what I do for a living and can see the tricks she does from a mile away. But I still just loved how they looked and tried and prayed it was the realdeal which it wasn't! If you want old go with an old dealer/designer they have the best sources! I promise you will save money buying loose stone anywhere else. I went to an expensive auction house one of oldest in the world and it was cheaper than quote she was giving me and NO DEPOSIT necessary, we saw more than 9 diamonds that were sourced for us again, some even flown in, again no deposit and dealer went in great detail about every single one.

Another warning CUSHION is more expensive than a ROUND even if you find a round looking cushion it cost more. We went with a round but its not perfectly round because an Old Euro is never perfectly round its part of the design, you get the same feel/look as cushion. For example 4.43 cushion old euro is 90k where 4.43 old euro round is 80k. I have lived in NYC and did a lot of research before buying my ring.

I highly highly recommend seeing your diamond in person photos/videos do not do it justice and each old euro or old mine is an art piece and look different. I went with a diamond that on paper wasn't as appealing as my other options but in person it was breathtaking... I would have never guessed it but stood out way more than clearer higher color ones, even when we put them all next to each other.
good information. May we see your beautiful ring?

gcnewman

Rough_Rock
Based on my experience buying from The Ring Concierges "ready-to-wear" line, I definitely wouldn't go to them for an engagement ring. I recently purchased a necklace from TRC for my birthday - what a mistake! The first necklace I purchased was their "trio-diamond layering necklace". It looked beautiful online and in the videos, I was so excited to receive it! That thing was TERRIBLE! The necklace simply wouldn't stay put, it kept flipping around. I exchanged it for their "large emerald illusion necklace" and my experience went from bad to worse. The prongs were not even (right side jutted out significantly more) which caused the necklace to sit awkwardly. I reached out to customer service and they processed an exchange. I waited a little over a week to receive my exchange just to open the box and find the replacement necklace had the exact same issue as the one I had returned. I sent them another email but I doubt they will be able to do anything to resolve the issue. Unbelievable. TRC has a big quality control issue considering the prices they charge (not to mention that they are EXTREMELY overpriced). Unfortunately, they do not do refunds, only store credit. If they did refunds I would have been done with them after the first necklace arrived.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

These are great observations, thanks for sharing your experience. It’s my experience that the more educated you are as a consumer, the less you will be fooled by pressure marketing tactics like the ones you describe. I’m not sure if you were trying to say this, but I think an auction house might have access to more 3+ carat antique (authentic) old cuts in higher sizes, versus modern cut stones masquerading as antiques. Now, we’d LOVE to see photos of your ring!

Faemous

Rough_Rock
These are great observations, thanks for sharing your experience. It’s my experience that the more educated you are as a consumer, the less you will be fooled by pressure marketing tactics like the ones you describe. I’m not sure if you were trying to say this, but I think an auction house might have access to more 3+ carat antique (authentic) old cuts in higher sizes, versus modern cut stones masquerading as antiques. Now, we’d LOVE to see photos of your ring!

Aw you're so sweet. Yes thats what we did we went to jewelry who specialize in antiques thats the key. Anything Old Mine or Old Euro you want to go to antique jewelry dealer. Just a heads up my guy said its getting hard to source because prices and shipping. Diamonds come from India and Russia and they just cant get them here as easily and covid slowed the supply chain.

I have small fingers size 4.25 exact and again we are getting eloped. I look at the ring as family heirloom, you have forever and can pass down to your children, its always there and retains value.

It's getting made in the setting now so I only have a video, I took screenshots but not the best. I purposely showed the table on top in one screenshot so you can see shape little better. Top one looks dark but its lighting as you can see in bottom its very light. My guy sourced from ProVockative Gems nyc (its a play on his name). Again you should always see these in person because my color grade is an I but was better than the H's I saw. They had an 11ct color I VS2 old mine cushion cut they let me see that was crazy!!! I can't imagine the cost 250,000+ 61FF6217-47D9-43E1-86E1-898AF0A6BFEB.jpeg E47C81F4-F9E0-4550-829D-CED45D64F686.jpeg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aw you're so sweet. Yes thats what we did we went to jewelry who specialize in antiques thats the key. Anything Old Mine or Old Euro you want to go to antique jewelry dealer. Just a heads up my guy said its getting hard to source because prices and shipping. Diamonds come from India and Russia and they just cant get them here as easily and covid slowed the supply chain.

I have small fingers size 4.25 exact and again we are getting eloped. I look at the ring as family heirloom, you have forever and can pass down to your children, its always there and retains value.

It's getting made in the setting now so I only have a video, I took screenshots but not the best. I purposely showed the table on top in one screenshot so you can see shape little better. Top one looks dark but its lighting as you can see in bottom its very light. My guy sourced from ProVockative Gems nyc (its a play on his name). Again you should always see these in person because my color grade is an I but was better than the H's I saw. They had an 11ct color I VS2 old mine cushion cut they let me see that was crazy!!! I can't imagine the cost 250,000+ 61FF6217-47D9-43E1-86E1-898AF0A6BFEB.jpeg E47C81F4-F9E0-4550-829D-CED45D64F686.jpeg
It’s a beautiful diamond! I can’t wait to see it set and on your hand. Please give us all the details when it arrives!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good for you for not falling for all the smoke and mirrors of this seller. She is a very attractive lady with a pretty clever marketing strategy. I'm not saying she doesn't have some beautiful stones and pretty settings -- she does. But it's pretty obvious that her whole schtick is to appeal to the "IG-influencer" crowd who have zero knowledge of diamonds and jewelry. Although I love a thin band, I also like to WEAR my rings... and those two things typically don't mesh well. Thin bands such as the "Whisper Thin" just aren't practical for an everyday ring.

I would say I'm shocked and appalled she uses filter on her stones/rings, BUT... I'm not. She uses them on herself (and doesn't need to), so that is a big red flag. Also, that's the IG culture. It's like a 24/7 catfish... what you see is almost never what you get! :lol:

Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on my experience buying from The Ring Concierges "ready-to-wear" line...

Unbelievable. TRC has a big quality control issue considering the prices they charge (not to mention that they are EXTREMELY overpriced). Unfortunately, they do not do refunds, only store credit. If they did refunds I would have been done with them after the first necklace arrived.

This is a HUGE red flag... who the heck would want a store credit when they'd had issues with quality/workmanship?? OMG, that is horrible. I'm sorry for your experience with this vendor. ::)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is stunning. Congratulations! Please do come back and post on SMTB when you have your ring... also, we need specs on that thing!! :kiss2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I follow her on Insta and made a comment once about the lack of durability with these *Whisper Thin settings. (I probably shouldn’t have commented though, but hey I’m a PSer) Many of her deluded followers pounced saying she was a highly skilled designer and knows what’s she’s doing (She knows what she’s doing alright). Nicole herself answered saying, the *Whisper Thin settings have a 100% lifetime guarantee. :roll2:

Attachments

• 640B71A6-4545-4FA6-A2E6-91B56537C650.jpeg
    640B71A6-4545-4FA6-A2E6-91B56537C650.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I follow her on Insta and made a comment once about the lack of durability with these *Whisper Thin settings. (I probably shouldn’t have commented though, but hey I’m a PSer) Many of her deluded followers pounced saying she was a highly skilled designer and knows what’s she’s doing (She knows what she’s doing alright). Nicole herself answered saying, the *Whisper Thin settings have a 100% lifetime guarantee. :roll2:

The guarantee being they're gonna warp unless they sit in a jewelry box... It really doesn't matter how good of a "designer" she is (so good that her most famous design isn't even her own...), she can't change the properties of metals and physics. Please... FFS.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow that setting looks insane! Like it’s ready to bend at any moment… I also think a bit more design is warranted for such a large stone.

gcnewman

Rough_Rock
This is a HUGE red flag... who the heck would want a store credit when they'd had issues with quality/workmanship?? OMG, that is horrible. I'm sorry for your experience with this vendor. ::)
Just wanted to update - they FINALLY gave me the option to return for a full refund. However, I would never shop with them again. This experience was horrible and this was with their ready-to-wear. I can't imagine the Bespoke experience is anything to write home about.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was very close to pull the trigger one of the few 4-6ct stones they presented me. They source stones from the street like most private jewelers. She has GIA-certified gemologists on staff, who help clients choose the stone.

I was actually impressed with their selection based on some very specific information provided. They showed me some unique large cut corner rectangular and antique cushions. Their appointment place do have very blend white lighting, which they claim to be the same light as GIA grading light. However, I’ve received pics from them on stones that are much whiter than you view them in person.

I’ve heard anecdotally that their quoted stone price is not cheap. However, they do have some good connections with a few dealers who have good antique cut inventories, so they may have a bit upper hand in sourcing those stones there.

I didn’t end up going with them, and the gemologist who helped me was not helpful giving any further advices. In fact, she gave pretty bad opinions about the ring I ultimately chose.

The wait to get an appointment is abt 2-weeks stating from the day you type them an inquiry. Customer service feels medium to low tier. I feel the staff there is def more the social media crowd.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For future reference, Old World Diamonds in NYC is an antique diamond dealer and probably has the best selection of antique stones in the US. They make some nice settings, and I really love Caysie van Bebber for antique style settings, as well.

heyitsadriana

Rough_Rock
I fell for the marketing and bought a few RTW pieces. One of the rings I bought is featured often and looked wayyy smaller (weaker) in person than I expected based on instagram. No returns were allowed at the time and it was part of my Christmas present that year, so I stuck with it. I’ve had three different sizes of diamond Huggies develop issues with the closure. I emailed them about the first one (jumbo diamond huggie) and they wouldn’t do anything about it. I eventually lost the earring.

I think Nicole’s attitude/persona and the filters she chooses for herself are off putting — it’s a business IG! But the biggest red flag is that she definitely uses a whitening tool and other filters to make stones face up whiter. I think antique stones are beautiful and am curious what hers actually looks like in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results