shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone worked with Nicole (Ring Concierge) based in NY?

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
I have been following Nicole's Instagram (@ringconcierge) for quite some time now, she's built quite a large following and her engagement ring designs are quite lovely too. I am curious to see if any members of PriceScope has used her services before and could offer a review of the quality. By the way, her personal OEC engagement ring is the ring that is making me seriously consider getting a old cut instead of a MRB.

Last edited:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would you want to pay somebody to be your expert ring concierge (what is that even?) when the people Here on pricescope can help you Find something amazing - and for free.

Just post your budget and desired specs and people here will do some searching for you.

OFY

Rough_Rock
Why would you want to pay somebody to be your expert ring concierge (what is that even?) when the people Here on pricescope can help you Find something amazing - and for free.

Just post your budget and desired specs and people here will do some searching for you.

Ring Concierge is just the name of her business. She's a custom ring designer just like many of the recommended vendors around here and I agree her IG is killer.

I don't know what her pricing is like although I do like some of her designs including her own ring. Most of the diamonds she posts are lovely but I've seen her post a couple that look like questionable cut quality - one was a cushion cut so shallow and windowed I originally thought it was a white sapphire, but which she touted as having great spread. So if I were to work with her I would probably consider bringing my own center stone, but then again if I had the budget for the kind of rings she posts I would also certainly want hand-forged. I'm not sure if her rings are handforged or cast.

(BTW her ring is actually an OMC, and I think the cushiony shape looks even better with that NSEW setting than an old euro would)

OFY

Rough_Rock
If you do go with her though please come back and post about it. I feel like there's such a small list of PS recommended vendors I would love to start seeing more variety of vendors that have been vetted by people on these boards

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi OFY! Yes, you are correct, her ring is a OMC. I didn't realize a OMC can look that round.. Just did a bit of internet investigation and she came up on an interview with Gem Hunt about her ring: https://www.gemhunt.co/gemtalkblog/2016/12/24/nicole-of-ring-concierge-engagement-ring-expose

I really like a few of the designs she currently offers. I just need to drop into Tiffany's some time and try different shapes on to figure out if I even love them on my finger as much as I love looking at them online. Will definitely update this thread if I decide to work with her, I agree, it would be nice to have a bit more options on these boards outside of the (already amazing) recommended vendors.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Digressing,

NSEW OEC looking good too - www - too good !

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have been following her IG for awhile. Her personal stone and ring came from an antique jeweler (setting too) :love: She doesn’t reveal much about her stone other than it’s carat weight. It’s stunning and I’d love to know the color. When asked in posts she doesn’t reveal. Her signature setting is so beautiful! Contact her and see what you think. I do think she is pretty knowledgeable about antique stones. Let us know how it goes.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nicole from RingConcierge has a degree from Cornell and is GIA certified but doesn’t talk about any design background or jewelry experience prior to her starting her business. I therefore don’t get how she is getting it all right, supplying a stream of high end diamonds, and somehow connecting herself to an excellent designer and great bench. She regularly posts what look like 4 carat plus high color old cut stones. I like what I see but don’t see how she is able to pull this business off. Obviously, that’s beside the point. If I could afford a ring from her I’d go for it!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I could be wrong, but I don't think she makes the rings; I believe she sends it out to different vendors she works with. If I am correct, I would not employ her services if you're looking to have a hand forged ring made. I also would want to know the vendor she works with and the quality of his/her work.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend that has a friend that got a ring from her... but she couldn't tell me any specs on it other than its carat weight. It looked nice in person but this was pre-Pricescope days when I saw it (if that matters).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve spoken to Nicole over the phone and she seems like a very nice knowledgeable woman. Another vendor happened to have a stone I fell in love with so I did not purchase from Nicole.

@Bonfire I believe Nicole’s said her engagement ring is an L color stone when we spoke. I too think her engagement ring is beautiful.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve spoken to Nicole over the phone and she seems like a very nice knowledgeable woman. Another vendor happened to have a stone I fell in love with so I did not purchase from Nicole.

@Bonfire I believe Nicole’s said her engagement ring is an L color stone when we spoke. I too think her engagement ring is beautiful.
Thanks Callie! Her stone is amazing and I would have guessed it to be a much higher color. It’s very white in all of her photos.

OFY

Rough_Rock
Thanks Callie! Her stone is amazing and I would have guessed it to be a much higher color. It’s very white in all of her photos.

Interesting, I would have also guessed it to be a much higher color, but then again it's almost never shown in profile. I think the only time I've seen the profile of that design on her IG is when she's showing it on other rings.

I'm also curious about her sources for large, white antique stones. But I've seen the design of her signature ring on genuine antiques on 1st dibs and other sites as well and I agree that on a large budget I'd rather have hand forged from a well known jeweler rather than a cast version from whoever she contracts out to. Plus I think that tri-wire design is especially well suited to hand forging

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she is just a middle person I wouldn't spend the money to use her services. As mentioned by @Loreal PSers will help you for free and will do an amazing job too at helping you find the ring/stone of your dreams.

FWIW I enjoy her IG page very much (but would not employ her services as she cannot do anything PSers cannot do for you).

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's seems to me she is similar to a Wedding Consultant...... Which if willing to do a bit of leg work, you don't need..

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the replies and insights. Oh my, I would have never thought her ring was an L color, it looks so nice and bright in all her photos.

I am considering her company because she seems to have access to nice OMC’s and already has her ER setting as an option on her site. Though I am sure Victor Canera can make me something similar with one of his CAC cuts. Decisions, decisions...

I’ll be back once I have had a chance to try on different rings in various shapes and styles. Need to narrow down my choices to a top 2 before I ask for opinions in choosing the diamond + setting. There are sooo many beautiful rings on here I feel like I fall in love with a different design everyday! ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the replies and insights. Oh my, I would have never thought her ring was an L color, it looks so nice and bright in all her photos.

I am considering her company because she seems to have access to nice OMC’s and already has her ER setting as an option on her site. Though I am sure Victor Canera can make me something similar with one of his CAC cuts. Decisions, decisions...

I’ll be back once I have had a chance to try on different rings in various shapes and styles. Need to narrow down my choices to a top 2 before I ask for opinions in choosing the diamond + setting. There are sooo many beautiful rings on here I feel like I fall in love with a different design everyday! ;-)

Why not reach out to OWD for a similar OMC?

caiters4

Rough_Rock
@Mixtress We are looking at the same designers and I am very excited to hear about your experience! Along with contacting Victor (who is so nice!), and Nicole at Ring Concierge, I am also in contact with Perry Chen (works with Leon Mege), David at David S, and Jean Dousset (LA). I saw a gorgeous ring done by Suna Brothers so I am looking to meet with him as well. Let me know how your search goes and who you end up going with!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perry hasn't worked with Leon in ages, and it has been years since people here used him. The main diamond sources people here use for antique diamonds are Old World Diamonds, Love Affair Diamonds, and Jewels By Grace. Many sellers are simply listing stones owned by diamond suppliers and that likely includes the person discussed in this thread. Newly cut OEC and antique cushions are offered by August Vintage and Victor Canera.

https://www.augustvintageinc.com/

I think Caysie van Bebber (cvb.inspired.design on IG) is the best antique ring designer that I am aware of, and her bench is excellent. She sources some of the diamonds she uses. Victor Canera does beautiful pave and has done some nice antique designs, too. These are probably the only two people I'd be using for custom in the foreseeable future.

(Just realized most of these posts were from January!)

Last edited:

caiters4

Rough_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 Thank you so much for the info. I am also looking at modern rounds so that is why I am speaking with the other individuals mentioned. Perry Chen still sources diamonds but I guess he is no longer with Leon Mege as you mentioned.

Between the three antique sources you mentioned, do you have any opinion or favorite between the three?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think when you have an idea of what type stone you are looking for, you see who has some stones that are possibilities, and then order the top couple to look at. I'd buy from whomever had the best stone at the time. But the three I named do have access to a lot of stones, so it is good to check with them. I am not sure what Perry is doing now, but he was selling newly cut OMC's in the past, but they are not to the cut quality of August Vintage or Canera.

However, your very first decision is whether you want modern or antique? Or antique or well cut antique style? I have an August Vintage OEC diamond and an antique asscher. I also have superideal cut rounds for my studs from Whiteflash! I highly recommend Whiteflash for top quality modern rounds as they have a nice selection and good prices and an excellent upgrade policy, too. It's a big decision and I like all three categories, so I have at least one of each!

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies! This past month I had a chance to visit two different Tiffany locations and tried on a bunch of different rings. Although the halos and 3 stone rings were very pretty, solitaires still looked best on me. I plan to drop by Cartier sometime soon to try on their 1895 solitaires. At the moment, I'm undecided on whether I should stay with a plain solitaire or one with pave diamonds on the shank.

Also, I realized because I have never seen a OEC or OMC diamond in person it would be quite a risk to purchase one, in case I don’t love it as much as I do in photos. Just like how I obsessed over the 3 stone rings or Victor Canera’s Emilya halos I’ve seen on Pricescope, yet didn’t fall in love with similar designs from Tiffany’s (on my actual hand).

Going to play it safe and purchase a MRB diamond, from either White Flash or Victor Canera. If I go with a plain solitaire it will be the Vatche U113, but if I decide on a solitaire with pave work on the shank I would definitely go with Victor Canera.

@caiters4 Keep us updated on your journey! Jean Dousset’s rings are also so gorgeous!

Last edited:

caiters4

Rough_Rock
@Mixtress How exciting, and thank you for updating us!! Have you thought about trying on an OEC in person?

I am in-love with Jean Dousset’s Chelsea solitaire design in rose gold, but go back and forth between that and Ring Concierge’s signature ring with the OMC or replace it with an OEC. I am hoping to try on the Ring Concierge ring in person on a trip out to New York to make up my mind!

I sometimes consider combining the Jean Dousset Chelsea design with an OEC, but I wouldn’t be able to do that through JD because they don’t work with antique cuts. I love his pave work though! If I did this I have to figure out who I’d want to work with to do it.

ShinySparklyMagpie

Rough_Rock
My experience with Ring Concierge has been very negative thus far. I wanted to order a ring I saw on Nicole Wegman's Instagram. I contacted RC via their contact page on their website with 2-3 questions I had regarding the ring. I got no response. Their contact # is hidden on their website, but it will eventually pop up if you write a message. I did that again, got the number and called.

I got an answering service who took my message. I got a reply to my email a day or so later, but the person who replied only answered 1 of the two questions I had asked. They ignored the question asking if the ring was sturdy enough to wear on a daily basis. The design looks a bit delicate, so I wanted to verify that. I replied back, repeating my other question which was concerning the stability of the design. No answer.

I tried messaging Ring Concierge on Instagram, no reply. I called the phone number again and left a message that I still had a couple of more questions about the ring. Still no answer.

I saw that Nicole or someone occasionally replied to comments left on Instagram posts so I left a comment on her most recent Instagram with the question about stability and another question regarding sizing. No reply.

I finally called the answering service again and asked if this was normal, to receive no reply back. I asked if she was just really, really busy or what was going on. They had no answer, just said that they had all my other messages there and would leave another marking it as "Urgent."

I've still heard nothing back. So my experience over the week or so that I've been trying to place my order has been very negative. If it's this hard to get answers to questions when you want to place an order, I can only imagine what it would be like if I ordered and there was a problem with my order. Maybe she has more business than she can handle, not sure what's going on.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My experience with Ring Concierge has been very negative thus far. I wanted to order a ring I saw on Nicole Wegman's Instagram. I contacted RC via their contact page on their website with 2-3 questions I had regarding the ring. I got no response. Their contact # is hidden on their website, but it will eventually pop up if you write a message. I did that again, got the number and called.

I got an answering service who took my message. I got a reply to my email a day or so later, but the person who replied only answered 1 of the two questions I had asked. They ignored the question asking if the ring was sturdy enough to wear on a daily basis. The design looks a bit delicate, so I wanted to verify that. I replied back, repeating my other question which was concerning the stability of the design. No answer.

I tried messaging Ring Concierge on Instagram, no reply. I called the phone number again and left a message that I still had a couple of more questions about the ring. Still no answer.

I saw that Nicole or someone occasionally replied to comments left on Instagram posts so I left a comment on her most recent Instagram with the question about stability and another question regarding sizing. No reply.

I finally called the answering service again and asked if this was normal, to receive no reply back. I asked if she was just really, really busy or what was going on. They had no answer, just said that they had all my other messages there and would leave another marking it as "Urgent."

I've still heard nothing back. So my experience over the week or so that I've been trying to place my order has been very negative. If it's this hard to get answers to questions when you want to place an order, I can only imagine what it would be like if I ordered and there was a problem with my order. Maybe she has more business than she can handle, not sure what's going on.
You are asking the right questions. I'd move on to another vendor. David Klass, Victor Canera, Maytal Hannah, and many others could interpret that setting and provide excellent customer service.

We can help you find a diamond if you let us know your budget and wants (modern antique cut, real antique, OEC, OMC, etc.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly would move on as well. While I like the general style of her rings, I think they are WAY too thin for longterm, daily wear. Victor Canera and Caysie of CVB Inspired Design both have make tri-wire shank rings. David Klass, as well.

ShinySparklyMagpie

Rough_Rock
This was the ring I was interested in, the one shown on the index finger. It's called a "Wrap Ring." I was thinking of wearing it on that same finger, not sure how comfortable that would be. I love the look of that ring, but am wondering if it's too fragile for daily wear. I've given up trying to purchase it, though...just not meant to be.

Wrap Ring.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results