Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone worked with Nicole (Ring Concierge) based in NY?

scopingit

Rough_Rock
I think there are likely many jewelers who can replicate the Whisper Thin! I've definitely seen others that look quite similar, although of course it depends on how thin you're looking to get. Many jewelers certainly offer the same setting for 1.5 mm but I know the RC will go as thin as 1.2 or 1.3.

Wow, 1.2 or 1.3 is so thin! I think 1.4mm is their standard size, so 1.5mm isn't too far off.

scopingit

Rough_Rock
It is beautiful, but I wonder how good their customer service is when that ultra thin band goes out of round or breaks.

They're pretty swamped right now. It's taking days just to hear back on a general inquiries.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is helpful context! I was quoted about $1400 by a local jeweler who can replicate the Whisper Thin. Based on what you shared, I'm guessing the Whisper Thin will probably fall in the $2000-$2500 range.

1.8mm is very thin and about the minimum size to be durable. I think one could get it custom made for $1500 or less easily, and it should be longer lasting than the ones mentioned. That design is really awful, anyway. The way they have the prongs coming out from the base of the shank means that if you wear a wedding band with it, the band is going to eat into those prongs. It really looks ridiculously thin aside from the structural problems. As more and more people have those ultra thin rings for several years and have problems, it will be interesting to see if they get their rings replaced.

Screenshot (236).png

Examples of much better design and likely far better quality:

See how these rings have a base (doughnut) under the prongs and a wedding band sits next to that as opposed to hitting the prongs in the design above?

scopingit

Rough_Rock
1.8mm is very thin and about the minimum size to be durable. I think one could get it custom made for $1500 or less easily, and it should be longer lasting than the ones mentioned. That design is really awful, anyway. The way they have the prongs coming out from the base of the shank means that if you wear a wedding band with it, the band is going to eat into those prongs. It really looks ridiculously thin aside from the structural problems. As more and more people have those ultra thin rings for several years and have problems, it will be interesting to see if they get their rings replaced.

Screenshot (236).png

Examples of much better design and likely far better quality:

See how these rings have a base (doughnut) under the prongs and a wedding band sits next to that as opposed to hitting the prongs in the design above?

This is priceless advice! As someone who is completely new to rings, I would not have thought about the day-to-day wear and impact with a wedding band. The designs you showed looks more compatible when wearing with a wedding band. You also make a very good point about longevity. I don't think the Whisper Thin has been around long enough for issues to arise yet. I might just have to reconsider another ring.

DanniiD

Rough_Rock
Sorry for bringing back an old post. I'm wondering if you can share how much Ring Concierge charged for the Whisper Thin without purchasing a diamond directly from them?
I was charged around $2700 for my Antique style setting ( in 2018 ). But not sure if they sell setting alone any longer. I would agree the customer service at that time wasn't great but I know they have grown, so maybe now its better?

I purchased my stone from Old World Diamonds - I'm sure they could also replicate something similar. Adam from OWD is a pleasure to work with, I highly recommended them.

RC advised me that Nicole's original Antique ring band is 1.3 in thickness, but advised me they don't go lower than 1.5 - which is what I got.

Their Whisper Thin band I believe is also at 1.5 thickness

Many people have issues with the thinness of the band and totally understand their concern but I wouldn't change it. I found it super difficult to find jewellers that has a dainty modern finish to their work. Anything chunkier or less refined would take away the look I was trying to achieve with my engagement stack. Lastly my fingers are not long and slender so anything that was chunkier just did suit my hand and looked clunky.

These companies that are run by women that you could consider:

Melanie Casey also has some beautiful fine & danity pieces but they don't work with outside stones. But I have brought some other jewelry from their collection.

The Clear Cut also has a similar thin band in their range

IMG_3116.jpg

8D56A8CD-DD55-4F6A-A855-A6950AD699F1.jpeg

IMG_7108.jpg

Lessics

Brilliant_Rock
I had terrible experiences with ring concierge. Their workmanship was very bad and I had to send my bracelet back to them. I wouldn’t buy any jewelry from them ever again. There are a lot of other vendors with better quality that can replicate almost any setting!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.