shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone worked with Nicole (Ring Concierge) based in NY?

theantiquelover

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am a long-time lurker / first-time commenter on here - literally just created my account to reply to this thread.

I just wanted to chime in with my experience as my engagement ring was purchased via Ring Concierge - her antique engagement setting, however we sourced the stone elsewhere and had it sent to her for setting. I can't speak as to the workmanship at this stage (still waiting for it to be put on my finger!) but I've seen pictures and it looks stunning. I found Nicole super responsive via Instagram messages, which honestly suited me as I'm always on, whereas her assistant Angelique who we dealt with via email was not always so fast.

To answer those who suggested going elsewhere, we tried, but no jeweler I found at the time would replicate the design without some fairly major changes so as to not be a copy.

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"I love so many aspects of my ring. First, I am in love with the charm of a nicely cut antique stone. The huge flashes of light and warmer color give it a very romantic feel." This is a quote from the article about Nicole of Ring Concierge, in her words, which I believe indicates that her stone is a lower color stone with some warmth, although the article doesn't state the actual color grade of her stone.
Her ring is spectacular, as we all agree, but it really does remind me of CVB Designs and the rings that Caysie makes! And I think that Victor Canera also does a similar design! So, if you like the style there are other recommended PS designers who make their own products who you can use if you'd prefer to. I, myself, had never heard of Nicole until this post, so I cannot speak for her work except to say that it is beautiful! But, I have personally spoken with Caysie and with Victor and would have no reservations about working with either of them. :)

Zori19

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am a long-time lurker / first-time commenter on here - literally just created my account to reply to this thread.

I just wanted to chime in with my experience as my engagement ring was purchased via Ring Concierge - her antique engagement setting, however we sourced the stone elsewhere and had it sent to her for setting. I can't speak as to the workmanship at this stage (still waiting for it to be put on my finger!) but I've seen pictures and it looks stunning. I found Nicole super responsive via Instagram messages, which honestly suited me as I'm always on, whereas her assistant Angelique who we dealt with via email was not always so fast.

To answer those who suggested going elsewhere, we tried, but no jeweler I found at the time would replicate the design without some fairly major changes so as to not be a copy.

Hi "the antiquelover". I am also interested in RC's antique setting. Can you share what they quoted for the setting only?

DanniiD

Rough_Rock
I have dealt with the RC and have purchased the antique engagement setting. (see profile pic)

The setting itself is spectacular and I'm so glad I took the chance. I constantly get compliments about the ring from strangers. I wanted the finest band possible to give the illusion of a large center stone. A lot of settings I saw online and in-person are so bulky and chunky and overpower the center stones, I generally don't like modern designs because of this reason.

I was originally after an antique ring - something super fine and delicate (I have small hands), in rose gold with an OEC, 2 carats + VS2 or higher. After looking and trying on various rings from different antique vendors, I couldn't seem to find something that fit my requirements, suit my taste or budget. So decided to get my ring made. Originally my budget was under $10,000. The stone and setting together ending up costing a little over $11,000.

The customer service with the RC, on the other hand, was VERY poor....

I ended up purchased my OEC stone from Adam @ Old World diamonds and he was so lovely and patient, responded to all my questions. So in comparison to RC, it was quite a difference!

RC would take 3-5 days to answer my questions via email, it was very hard to ever get anyone over the phone and I just felt like they didn't care purely because I wasn't high spending customer. I never got a phone consult and I kinda felt in the dark about the whole process.

I advised the RC of my budget and they suggested 3 different modern round brilliant cuts, (even though I wanted an OEC) which were high in colour grade but didn't have good specs in my opinion (and I don't know too much about stones). I decided to stick with the stone from OWD I initially saw and got the setting made at RC. Once they realized I wasn't going to purchase a stone with the RC their customer service was non-existent.

My band is 1.4mm thick - they advised me this was the thinnest the band could go in this particular setting - it's very comfortable to wear and i'm very picky about comfort & also very active.
The only thing is that you can't stack bands together. There is a gap between rings, but now I quite like it.

I haven't seen any setting's similar but I recently came across this design - it's similar but again its nowhere near as delicate and nice as the RC's design.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmBe67eBtDT/?taken-by=eastwestgemco

Would I recommend them? Probably not... Unless you have a big budget, I'm sure they would look after you. But personally, I haven't seen anything as nice in terms of the designs of settings.

I also particularly like her Whisper Thin setting:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkXxvVdHkJ1/?taken-by=ringconcierge
and this also, https://www.instagram.com/p/BmBEniqH6Nl/?taken-by=ringconcierge

Good Luck!

OFY

Rough_Rock
I wonder about other jeweler's hesitation in replicating the design. I don't see how she could possibly claim ownership of it considering it is a) an antique, so she's not the original designer and b) it's common enough that many other antique rings share the same or similar design.

Zori19

Rough_Rock
I wonder about other jeweler's hesitation in replicating the design. I don't see how she could possibly claim ownership of it considering it is a) an antique, so she's not the original designer and b) it's common enough that many other antique rings share the same or similar design.

DanniiD, thank you for your response. Your ring is quite beautiful. Wondering about the strength of the ring since it looks so delicate. Do you think it would ever bend? Do you wear it all the time and not worry? I am also working with Adam at OWD and will probably go the same direction as you've done. Adam has quite the beautiful selection of diamonds added with great demeanor and service.

OFY, I think its out of keeping business relationships intact and keeping a moral code especially in NYC. Customers come and go but their professionalism within their industry must stay intact since they all work together in some fashion now and in the future.

Zori19

Rough_Rock
I have dealt with the RC and have purchased the antique engagement setting. (see profile pic)

The setting itself is spectacular and I'm so glad I took the chance. I constantly get compliments about the ring from strangers. I wanted the finest band possible to give the illusion of a large center stone. A lot of settings I saw online and in-person are so bulky and chunky and overpower the center stones, I generally don't like modern designs because of this reason.

I was originally after an antique ring - something super fine and delicate (I have small hands), in rose gold with an OEC, 2 carats + VS2 or higher. After looking and trying on various rings from different antique vendors, I couldn't seem to find something that fit my requirements, suit my taste or budget. So decided to get my ring made. Originally my budget was under $10,000. The stone and setting together ending up costing a little over $11,000.

I ended up purchased my OEC stone from Adam @ Old World diamonds and he was so lovely and patient, responded to all my questions. So in comparison to RC, it was quite a difference!

RC would take 3-5 days to answer my questions via email, it was very hard to ever get anyone over the phone and I just felt like they didn't care purely because I wasn't high spending customer. I never got a phone consult and I kinda felt in the dark about the whole process.

I advised the RC of my budget and they suggested 3 different modern round brilliant cuts, (even though I wanted an OEC) which were high in colour grade but didn't have good specs in my opinion (and I don't know too much about stones). I decided to stick with the stone from OWD I initially saw and got the setting made at RC. Once they realized I wasn't going to purchase a stone with the RC their customer service was non-existent.

My band is 1.4mm thick - they advised me this was the thinnest the band could go in this particular setting - it's very comfortable to wear and i'm very picky about comfort & also very active.
The only thing is that you can't stack bands together. There is a gap between rings, but now I quite like it.

I haven't seen any setting's similar but I recently came across this design - it's similar but again its nowhere near as delicate and nice as the RC's design.

Would I recommend them? Probably not... Unless you have a big budget, I'm sure they would look after you. But personally, I haven't seen anything as nice in terms of the designs of settings.

Good Luck!

DanniiD, thank you for your response. Your ring is quite beautiful. Wondering about the strength of the ring since it looks so delicate. Do you think it would ever bend? Do you wear it all the time and not worry? I am also working with Adam at OWD and will probably go the same direction as you've done. Adam has quite the beautiful selection of diamonds added with great demeanor and service.

DanniiD

Rough_Rock

I have read many comments about how a setting should be solid and at less than 2mm in thickness, otherwise, it can't support/protect the stone. But I would have to disagree, I'm no jeweler but my ring is surprisingly solid. I asked Nicole what is the thinnest thickness they would reccomend and they suggested not to go lower than 1.4mm. I also really dislike thick bands but that my personal preference.

I work at the desk daily but I wouldn't go skiing with my ring for example - I try to be careful more for the stones sake, but I really think its fine. The prongs are quite thick along the sides, if anything I'd change the prongs to make them finer and taper in towards the bottom - but thats me being picky.

Im not sure what the correct terminology is but the band has a bevel or a double layer, which I assume helps...

This is a Video Link to my ring
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XxbRDbnQ0lt1KDF52

This is another one which looks slightly thicker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiPkyS8nqxV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ldp43lcg6vu

DanniiD

Rough_Rock

I asked Adam form OWD if he could replicate the design, he said he could create something similar but if I wanted the exact design he recommended me to directly to the RC. What I particularly liked was the delicate design so that's why I decided with RC. I can also understand the issues when trying to replicate someone else design, so I appreciated Adam's honesty.

Because I am located in Seattle the ring had to be shipped from NY. Once the ring was completed Nicole from RC didn't want to hand over the finished ring back to Adam. Because of taxes, I would rather pay sales tax on the setting opposed to the stone - so it would make sense for Adam to ship the ring to me. This is the reason why they didn't want to hand over the ring:

"Since our setting has a design patent pending, we're not entirely comfortable handing it to another jeweller :naughty: (we've had people attempt to copy us in the past). Sorry for any inconvenience!"

So this was another issue I had when dealing with RC....

I was surprised that you could patent a ring design and also claim it to be your own design when its a replica of an Antique design. :eh:

DanniiD

Rough_Rock

Can you please share photos of your ring once you have received it?
Pretty Please :pray:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just going to say that the reason a 1.4mm gold shank isn't advisable is that gold wears away over time. So a 1.4mm shank will end up having to be remade if it is kept and worn long enough, and it more susceptible to damage. I had a basic yg 2mm shank on my original e-ring, and after 25 years of daily wear, the base of that shank was pretty thin. So I am going to stand by 2mm being the minimum for gold if someone hopes to wear their ring for 50 years and possibly hand it down. 2mm is still very thin. If you don't mind having it reshanked a couple of times, then that's okay, too.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked Adam form OWD if he could replicate the design, he said he could create something similar but if I wanted the exact design he recommended me to directly to the RC. What I particularly liked was the delicate design so that's why I decided with RC. I can also understand the issues when trying to replicate someone else design, so I appreciated Adam's honesty.

Because I am located in Seattle the ring had to be shipped from NY. Once the ring was completed Nicole from RC didn't want to hand over the finished ring back to Adam. Because of taxes, I would rather pay sales tax on the setting opposed to the stone - so it would make sense for Adam to ship the ring to me. This is the reason why they didn't want to hand over the ring:

"Since our setting has a design patent pending, we're not entirely comfortable handing it to another jeweller :naughty: (we've had people attempt to copy us in the past). Sorry for any inconvenience!"

So this was another issue I had when dealing with RC....

I was surprised that you could patent a ring design and also claim it to be your own design when its a replica of an Antique design. :eh:

I'm also very curious as to how this could possibly be patented... RC copied this from an actual antique (which is fine and done all the time). She may have one pending, but I can't imagine a patent actually being issued for this. As far as her worrying about the setting being copied... well, that's a moot point, as it's already been done, many times over, and well before she did it, I can assure you. LOL And if we're being honest here, she copied the design as well. I've looked at that setting a million times, and can't find anything that would make it exclusively "hers" any more than another jeweler or ring designer could make it and claim it as their design.

I'm worried that a 1.4 mm gold shank will not last that long... maybe 1.8 would've been a better idea or even in platinum at 1.6-1.7?? 1.4 mm is extremely thin, and the gold is going to wear away after time and especially a good polishes. That said, it's a beautiful setting and looks great with many stone shapes. :)

Last edited:

Khall0204

Rough_Rock
I have read many comments about how a setting should be solid and at less than 2mm in thickness, otherwise, it can't support/protect the stone. But I would have to disagree, I'm no jeweler but my ring is surprisingly solid. I asked Nicole what is the thinnest thickness they would reccomend and they suggested not to go lower than 1.4mm. I also really dislike thick bands but that my personal preference.

I work at the desk daily but I wouldn't go skiing with my ring for example - I try to be careful more for the stones sake, but I really think its fine. The prongs are quite thick along the sides, if anything I'd change the prongs to make them finer and taper in towards the bottom - but thats me being picky.

Im not sure what the correct terminology is but the band has a bevel or a double layer, which I assume helps...

This is a Video Link to my ring
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XxbRDbnQ0lt1KDF52

This is another one which looks slightly thicker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiPkyS8nqxV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ldp43lcg6vu

Hi, all!

I apologize for bringing up an outdated thread, but I saw your ring, Dannii, and it is incredible. I'm actually in the process of shopping for a ring for my significant other, as she fell in love with the Antique Engagement setting from RC.

I reached out to RC via email, but have not received a reply (that's when I started doing some researching and came across this thread). With that being said, I'm thinking about following your route, and purchasing the OEC from another vendor and then having it placed in her setting. Would you be so kind as to provide the specs on your diamond? I'm working around a similar budget, $10,000 - $15,000, and if I could create something like yours for her within that price frame, I'd consider that a job well done.

Thank you!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, all!

I apologize for bringing up an outdated thread, but I saw your ring, Dannii, and it is incredible. I'm actually in the process of shopping for a ring for my significant other, as she fell in love with the Antique Engagement setting from RC.

I reached out to RC via email, but have not received a reply (that's when I started doing some researching and came across this thread). With that being said, I'm thinking about following your route, and purchasing the OEC from another vendor and then having it placed in her setting. Would you be so kind as to provide the specs on your diamond? I'm working around a similar budget, $10,000 - $15,000, and if I could create something like yours for her within that price frame, I'd consider that a job well done.

Thank you!

Hi I’m not Danni, but if you click on her name next to the avatar you can find other posts by her about her diamond specs and ring. I would suggest for an old cut diamond of this size to go directly to Old World Diamonds or Love Affaire Diamonds. You can also try Jewels by Grace. And Caysie Van Bieber (CVB) (who can source stones). All of these vendors have a good sense of aesthetics and can advise you on getting a good cut. All of them can do a setting similar to the RC one, they all have solid and high quality benches and do stylish work. The RC one is gorgeous and well done, and aesthetically pleasing. David Klass can do this setting as well.

Khall0204

Rough_Rock
Hi I’m not Danni, but if you click on her name next to the avatar you can find other posts by her about her diamond specs and ring. I would suggest for an old cut diamond of this size to go directly to Old World Diamonds or Love Affaire Diamonds. You can also try Jewels by Grace. And Caysie Van Bieber (CVB) (who can source stones). All of these vendors have a good sense of aesthetics and can advise you on getting a good cut. All of them can do a setting similar to the RC one, they all have solid and high quality benches and do stylish work. The RC one is gorgeous and well done, and aesthetically pleasing. David Klass can do this setting as well.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the quick and speedy response. I have some additional questions about the best way to go about choosing the diamond / having the ring created, but I'll create a new thread about it. Absolutely appreciate how welcoming everyone is, it makes the someone daunting process seem not so bad.

Thank you again!

Patricia84

Rough_Rock
Guys, I'm absolutely smitten with the blue stone Nicole showed on her stories the other day. It's under her "colored gems" highlights on her insta but here you have some screenshots too. What do you think it is? A blue diamond? Do you think this could be replicated using a moissanite?
Screenshot_20190405-104302.png Screenshot_20190405-104313.png

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, I'm absolutely smitten with the blue stone Nicole showed on her stories the other day. It's under her "colored gems" highlights on her insta but here you have some screenshots too. What do you think it is? A blue diamond? Do you think this could be replicated using a moissanite?
Screenshot_20190405-104302.png Screenshot_20190405-104313.png
Looks like a grey-ish/blue spinel to me. It is pretty!

K47

Rough_Rock
I had worked with Nicole for 2 years and it was such a disaster and terrible experience from the start. I had used her for my wife’s engagement ring and it has been incredibly unpleasant dealing with her. She isn’t a jeweler she’s a middle-woman and doesn’t care at all for the client. I want to reach out to get my story heard as from 2017 until today I have gone through issue after issue with her and I want people to hear my story. A New Yorker who thought was going to be able to have a pleasant experience and not have to worry to wind up going cross country for their elaborate engagement proposal trip without the ring!!! Yes, she said she needed more time and it came back wrong and incorrect and wanted more time so had to send it to my hotel the day before my proposal!!! Yes that’s a true story and she is nothing but the worst!!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I'm not surprised... I've seen the IG and I think its obnoxious. Very "Kardashian". In today's global world, you don't need to hire "middle people" to do this stuff (unless, of course, you are a Kardashian LOL!). So sorry to hear of your horrible experience. That is such an unfortunate "beginning" to the event that formally marks the beginning of your forever.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
If you do go with her though please come back and post about it. I feel like there's such a small list of PS recommended vendors I would love to start seeing more variety of vendors that have been vetted by people on these boards

Hi! I actually called/emailed/inquired 4x and already brought from OWD before I ever heard back. Also- her 3ct (it did look gorgeous to be honest) was an I/VS2 for $39k!!!! Lol. Way over priced.

sep004

Rough_Rock
Many of the stones that she posts are lower in color (I-M). She'll occasionally post an H; rarely a D requested by a client. Most of Instagram is fluff... people with millions of followers are often not the best at what they do (like the cosmetic surgeon that's lost his license 3 times yet treats the Kardashians and has a few million followers). Use it for ideas and eye candy.

Djb17

Rough_Rock
Wanted to chime in here and just second what others have said...customer service is very poor and not really what you'd expect when spending 20k plus on a ring. Took almost a month to get stone selections and after the initial handful they said that those were the only options and wouldn't recommend waiting for more.

Setting are beautiful though, a very well marketed business for sure.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to chime in here and just second what others have said...customer service is very poor and not really what you'd expect when spending 20k plus on a ring. Took almost a month to get stone selections and after the initial handful they said that those were the only options and wouldn't recommend waiting for more.

Setting are beautiful though, a very well marketed business for sure.

The good news is those settings aren't hers, as they are based off true antiques. They can be (and have been) made by David Klass and others that are more affordable.

OFY

Rough_Rock
The good news is those settings aren't hers, as they are based off true antiques. They can be (and have been) made by David Klass and others that are more affordable.

While this is technically true it sounds like many vendors are still unwilling to replicate the design either because they don’t understand that copyright doesn’t apply or because they just don’t want to have conflict with her as a vendor.

I’m curious what is the best way to approach this with a different vendor as a customer who is trying achieve this particular look but either can’t work with her (unresponsiveness on her end) or don’t want to work with her (poor customer service, concerns about shank durability) etc

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While this is technically true it sounds like many vendors are still unwilling to replicate the design either because they don’t understand that copyright doesn’t apply or because they just don’t want to have conflict with her as a vendor.

I’m curious what is the best way to approach this with a different vendor as a customer who is trying achieve this particular look but either can’t work with her (unresponsiveness on her end) or don’t want to work with her (poor customer service, concerns about shank durability) etc

Really?? Which vendors?? An antique design cannot be copyrighted, so that's a moot point. I'd have David Klass do it, if it were me.

Regarding how to approach him, just show him as many pictures as you can, and ask him to make it. Simple as that.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, I had DK make a ring based on an antique style.

Here's the antique in the quad pic with white background (I photoshopped the stone)... then the ring he made for me...

Attachments

• 7.7 OEC airline halo U-V_collage.jpg
    7.7 OEC airline halo U-V_collage.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DK Halo 3.jpg
    DK Halo 3.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 130
  • DK Halo 5.jpg
    DK Halo 5.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DK Halo Viagra.jpg
    DK Halo Viagra.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DK Halo 8.jpg
    DK Halo 8.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 46

scopingit

Rough_Rock

Good Luck!

Sorry for bringing back an old post. I'm wondering if you can share how much Ring Concierge charged for the Whisper Thin without purchasing a diamond directly from them?

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for bringing back an old post. I'm wondering if you can share how much Ring Concierge charged for the Whisper Thin without purchasing a diamond directly from them?

Chiming in, although I'm not Dani. I also inquired about setting an outside OEC with them for the Signature Antique setting (same setting as Dani's) and they quoted 3400 (this was in 2019). I don't know the pricing for Whisper Thin as I think it's a little less expensive. Ultimately I went in a different direction as I thought this was a little too pricey for just the setting. However I do think their setting is stunning and their customer service was quite nice.

scopingit

Rough_Rock
Chiming in, although I'm not Dani. I also inquired about setting an outside OEC with them for the Signature Antique setting (same setting as Dani's) and they quoted 3400 (this was in 2019). I don't know the pricing for Whisper Thin as I think it's a little less expensive. Ultimately I went in a different direction as I thought this was a little too pricey for just the setting. However I do think their setting is stunning and their customer service was quite nice.

This is helpful context! I was quoted about $1400 by a local jeweler who can replicate the Whisper Thin. Based on what you shared, I'm guessing the Whisper Thin will probably fall in the $2000-$2500 range.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
This is helpful context! I was quoted about $1400 by a local jeweler who can replicate the Whisper Thin. Based on what you shared, I'm guessing the Whisper Thin will probably fall in the $2000-$2500 range.

I think there are likely many jewelers who can replicate the Whisper Thin! I've definitely seen others that look quite similar, although of course it depends on how thin you're looking to get. Many jewelers certainly offer the same setting for 1.5 mm but I know the RC will go as thin as 1.2 or 1.3.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results