shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston inspried setting by Mark T at ERD, allowing for a flush fit with the wedding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Well guys you may remember an earlier thread where I talked about getting a custom setting from Mark T at ERD that is inspired by Harry Winston, but allows for a flush fit with the wedding band. We all rememmber Japan's Harry Winston and Mrssalvo's Daniel K setting. I sent those pics to ERD and asked them to modify the setting to allow for a flush fit. Here is a link to that posting:

Discussion on a modified setting from ERD allowing for flush fit.

I've received the CAD drawings of my ring and would like your opinion on them.

Here is the first image of the setting from the top view. The prongs will be brought down on the stone.

top1234.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
Here is an angle view of the setting. CAD image:

angle12345.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side view of the setting. CAD image:

side1234.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
Here is a picture of AngelaJapans Harry Winston e-ring, just to give you an idea of where my inspiration came from. Thank''s Angela.

I had to allow for a flush fit and the pics up above are the re-design.

AngelaJapan1234.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful!its going to be lovely

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be stunning!!!
30.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys, so you guys think it will turn out nice with the lower donut removed. Remember I am not getting the actual ring that I put a picture up of, mine will be the CAD design you are seeing three pictures of.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the completed ring!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks great. reminds me a bit of kaleigh''s RHR quest made for her which allows for a flush fit band...

MP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mrs. S. I love your ring as well. It was one of the inspirations for mine.

Now is there anything you guys would change about the design? I think it''s pretty great and meets all of my requirements, but I welcome feedback. I would also like some input on the prongs, perhaps split prongs would look nice.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will be beautiful and she will love it.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Looks gorgeous!

Well done and can''t wait for handshots!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be beautiful! I think dainty split prongs could be lovely. I am also partial to Mrssalvo''s 4 single prongs.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it even better than the original, it''s going to be beautiful!!!

MP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys, I hate to be someone who needs this much reassurance, but your helping a guy who''s spending a small fortune on a ring who just months ago couldn''t tell you what the 4 C''s even stood for.

Just to give the full specs out.

I chose a 1.55ct H VS2 sym EX pol EX cushion brilliant from ERD

Setting is 2.5 mm band platinum with .5ct of diamonds on the setting.

She''s going to be a fire cracker for sure when she''s done. Likewise, the fact that I''m giving that sort of ring to a girl who would be happy with a .5ct simple solitaire makes this all the more fun and rewarding for me. It may cost me a small fortune but the joy it brings her will last a lifetime every time she gets to show it off or is asked by someone where she got such a pretty ring.

You guys rock!!
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!! Mark will do an awesome job with this ring. Cant wait to see it when its all done...it will be gorgeous!!!!!

Be sure to post pics when its done!!
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP, you sound like such a sweet guy to be putting so much effort into this ring for her. I''m 100% sure she''s going to just love it and you''re right, she''ll enjoy showing it off, no doubt about that.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it, I really do! That''s gonna be one purrrty ring. Good job.
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looooove it! It is the perfect mix of the original inspiration and your desire for a flush fit... fluid and gorgeous!

DD
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful!!!
36.gif
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
wow that setting is going to be jaw dropping!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far, soooooo good! I love it! You''re going to have one ecstatic bride-to-be on your hands, mister!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
You did a great job selecting a diamond and setting... your FF should be thrilled with it!

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
MP, I''ve been following your quest for a while (back when you were going to get her the same Tacori ring I have) and I am so tickled at your diligence. You''ve really done a tremendous job on the ring. I do hope you bring your soon-to-be-fiancee back here after you propose so that she can appreciate all of your hard work and self-education.

Huge kudos to you. The ring will be SPECTACULAR.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
36.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys, I think it will turn out beautiful. I really like how they made the lower struts more organic and elegant then their first concept CAD image. They originally had the struts completely straight jutting up from the band. I couldn''t have that, it would be way to rigid looking. This setting seems to flow.

I am a bit nervous wiring this much money to ERD, but you guys have assured me that I am dealing with quality people. I have already sent them a down payment in order for them to begin the design work. A funny story related to that was when I went to the bank and did it the teller asked me what it was for. I told him and he simply stated congratulations. My reply was simple, "Yeah, well that''s just the down payment for the ring so my wallet is not too happy." His eyes lit up and he said damn under his breath
23.gif
. I reassured him that the girl is worth it and it will be a tremendous ring when it''s done.

Thanks again guys.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MP-
I'm excited to see how this turns out. I'm also working with Mark at ERD so if it comes out as beautiful as I think it will...we may have twins! Here's the inspiration ring I saw a few months ago. It's from Mara and I think, Gypsy's trip to Joe Escobar (set w/ a 4+ carat cushion). But I think I like you redesign better since I could get a wedding band to sit flush.

cushset1.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 9:31:35 AM
Author: scarlet16
Hi MP-

I''m excited to see how this turns out. I''m also working with Mark at ERD so if it comes out as beautiful as I think it will...we may have twins! Here''s the inspiration ring I saw a few months ago. It''s from Mara and I think, Gypsy''s trip to Joe Escobar (set w/ a 4+ carat cushion). But I think I like you redesign better since I could get a wedding band to sit flush.

Oh, Scarlet...do tell us about the project you are working on with Mark!!!! (Sorry to hijack, MP).
2.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Scarlett,
That flush fit has been a royal pain in the butt to say the least. I love the classic look of the Harry Winston and the Winnie setting, but she was very adamant that she did not like a gap between the wedding band and the e-ring when we looked at rings. I am paying extra for the custom design work, but at the end of the day, and I'm sure you gals on here can back me up on this, the details of the e-ring are what really make you love or dislike it.

Feel free to borrow some design concepts from my ring, make sure you get exactly what you want and the appreciation you have for your ring will last a lifetime. Now don't completely steal my thunder by getting the exact same one, I may have have the original CAD drawing destroyed for posterity. J/K
9.gif

March,
I love your Tacori setting and center diamond. I've been a little heart broken thinking I made the wrong choice when I cancelled my order with BB&B. I love your ring to no end, but I needed to make sure that I did more research and really felt like I got exactly what I wanted. In the end I think it worked out for the best, but we will have to sit down when this all said and done with a glass of wine on a bright sunny day to admire the e-rings side by side.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 9:41:02 AM
Author: Dani
Date: 2/13/2008 9:31:35 AM

Author: scarlet16

Hi MP-

I''m excited to see how this turns out. I''m also working with Mark at ERD so if it comes out as beautiful as I think it will...we may have twins! Here''s the inspiration ring I saw a few months ago. It''s from Mara and I think, Gypsy''s trip to Joe Escobar (set w/ a 4+ carat cushion). But I think I like you redesign better since I could get a wedding band to sit flush.

Oh, Scarlet...do tell us about the project you are working on with Mark!!!! (Sorry to hijack, MP).
2.gif

Sorry about the hijack MP...last one, promise! Dani - still in early stages, meeting him tonight. But will talk more when we''re knee deep in the process! It''s for my replacement ring.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Well guys and gals I just sent the wire transfer for the remaining balance for the stone and custom setting. We are now at full reality. As Gary and Mark down at ERD like to say it is now time to go to metal.

My life flashed before my eyes at the bank when I said execute it, hopefully that's not a bad sign. Bye bye bank account, you were a good friend.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results