shape
carat
color
clarity

HARRY POTTER 6!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I''m posting for sjz, here are her theories and thoughts!!

sjz, I basically copied the entire PM!

(( I think that RAB is Regulus Black. I think that he realized what Voldemort was up to, and figured out the Horcrux thing. I''m not even positive that Regulus is even dead. He wouldn''t be the first person to fake his death...Wormtail comes to mind! I had even thought that it''s possible that Regulus was also an animagus like Sirius. JK uses a lot of mythology to come up with names and that sort of thing. Sirius is the name of the constellation of the Dog...Sirius''s animagus form was a dog. Regulus is one of the stars that makes up the constellation Leo...the lion. The lion is a cat! JK has hinted that there is more to Crookshanks than being a cat...what if Regulus isn''t dead, and he''s been masquerading as Crookshanks! Remember how Crookshanks was always after Ron''s rat? Even before anyone knew he was really Wormtail? And in the Order of the Phoenix, there were several mentions of Crookshanks rubbing against Sirius''s leg, or sitting in his lap! There was even that scene where Sirius appeared to Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the fireplace in Gryffindor tower, and Crookshanks tried to get to him in the fire! I had missed a lot of that when I read OOTP before, but it all kind of jumped out at me when I read it again!

This also relates to the Horcruxes...when the gang was cleaning out Sirius''s house in OOTP, one of the family artifacts they found was a large gold locket that nobody could open...just like the one that Dumbledore and Harry were looking for in the cave in the last book. The one that turned out to be a fake with the note from RAB...maybe Regulus took the locket, intending to destroy it, but never got the chance, so he stashed it in the family home? I am also convinced that one of the other Horcruxes is Nagini, the snake! Voldemort places a lot of importance on that snake, and it goes everywhere with him. He is even able to posses the snake, like he did when he attacked Mr. Weasley in the Ministry of Magic. The snake would also be a symbol of Slytherin.

As for Snape...I''m still not convinced that he is working for Voldemort. Nothing in these books is written by chance. There is a reason for the scene between Narcissa and Snape where she makes him take the unbreakable vow to protect Draco. I think it''s because JK wants us to be familiar with unbreakable vows. I think it''s going to be revealed that Snape made another unbreakable vow one other time...to protect Harry! That''s why, even though he seems to despise Harry, he never hurts him, and goes out of his way to protect him. I kind of think that Snape made the vow to either Harry''s Parents (probably Lily) or to Dumbledore. I also think that Dumbledore''s death is a set up. Either he had Snape kill him so that he could put a protection on Hogwarts, similar to the one Lily put on Harry when she sacrificed her life for him, or Dumbledore and Snape faked the whole thing! Dumbledore may not be dead at all. Read the chapter about Dumbledore''s funeral. Hagrid carried him in under a cloak. We did not really see Dumbledore. There were a lot of distracting things going on, like the centaurs shooting arrows, Grawp, the Phoenix song, and the flames. Dumbledore is a very powerful and clever wizard. If anyone could convince the entire wizarding world he was dead, he could do it. I think that''s why people like Delores Umbridge were present, to be witnesses! And what better witnesses than people that didn''t like Dumbledore!

Oh, and the reason that Dumbledore trusts Snape! I think it''s because Dumbledore knows that Snape made an unbreakable vow to protect Harry. Like I said in my other post...either Dumbldore made Snape do it, or he knows somehow that Lily or James (or possibly even Sirius) made him take the vow. There is no way possible that Snape could be loyal to Voldemort while protecting Harry at the same time! Voldemort and the Death Eaters have already tried to kill Harry on several occasions, and Snape has had many opportunities to either kill Harry himself, or allow Harry to be killed, but he keeps protecting Harry! I think what he told Narcissa and Bellatrix about Voldemort wanting to be the one who kills Harry was just a cover for why he hadn''t done it himself. After all...nobody knew that part of the prophecy except Dumbledore! Snape was caught and hauled away before he heard the end of the prophecy which said that one of them had to kill the other. And I highly doubt that Dumbledore would have told Snape about that part of it. I also think that''s why it''s possible that Snape didn''t really kill Dumbledore. ))

SJZ, I thought the stuff about the connectiosn with mythology/stars is interesting! I never even would''ve thought of that.

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
SJZ, that is an interesting theory

(( I''m completely with you on DD dying and putting a spell on Hogwarts or Harry to protect them. I don''t DD is dead either. He doesn''t even believe in it. He said something about death, I think it was ''its just another journey''. I definately believe that Snape and DD have made a pact and did not have time to tell anyone yet, ormaybe didn''t want to, so Snape can stay close to Voldemort.

That whole startheory is very interesting!. Croockshanks being RAB?? How did you come up with this? That is so good! I like that one.
))

Keep them coming!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, more interesting theories F&I and sjz! love reading them.. thanks for sharing!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2005 6:20:41 PM
Author: Rockchick
SJZ, that is an interesting theory

(( I''m completely with you on DD dying and putting a spell on Hogwarts or Harry to protect them. I don''t DD is dead either. He doesn''t even believe in it. He said something about death, I think it was ''its just another journey''. I definately believe that Snape and DD have made a pact and did not have time to tell anyone yet, ormaybe didn''t want to, so Snape can stay close to Voldemort.

That whole startheory is very interesting!. Croockshanks being RAB?? How did you come up with this? That is so good! I like that one.
))

Keep them coming!!!
My astronomy theory wasn''t too hard. I had already figured out the first reference a long time ago, and it wasn''t such a leap to figure out the second one. As a matter of fact, I had already considered this when I read OOTP, but it was reinforced after I read the ending of HBP. The other part came from an interview I read with JKR where she mentioned that there was more to that certain pet than we know, and it would be revealed in subsequent books. I can''t remember where I read it, it was quite a while back, but it stuck in my head along with a lot of other seemingly useless info that usually always comes in handy at some point. I had noticed a connection the first time I read OOTP, but it really stood out when I read the book again, after reading HBP.

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
(( I love the theory on Crookshanks being Regelus! I don''t know after reading all the theories about DD being dead or alive. He did show up in the new portrait in the office and the portraits are always of dead people, but The Daily Prophet has moving pictures of people that are alive, so it could be a trick. Also, DD could continue to give guidance by HP talking to his portrait. Of course very good point about Dolores Umbridge witnessing the funeral. )) I feel like I have taken one step forward and one back with all these theories because they are all so plausible! BTW I have to say that HBP was so so so much better than OOTP!!!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
((When DD''s portrait appeared in the headmaster''s office, he was asleep and appeared to be at peace. I think that''s significant))

I hope that worked!
32.gif
)))

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
((As sad as it may be to us, Dumbledor is dead. The foreshadowing is all over the place - even to make us feel better. In Order, he has a hard time with Volde in the final battle. He states that he wasn''t the wizard he was (in body). In HBP, he even argues the point the Volde is SCARED to death of dying. DD just says it is another "journey". He old, he''s tired & dies saving two or more lives (remember - the death eaters fled after the dirty deed). And, in the beginning of HBP, he is redeemed in the eyes of the wizarding community. All along I thought DD would die in body. He will live on in spirit, penseive, etc. This is star warsish in terms of DD will be the "force". It is a natural death. I would be very disappointed if JKR decides to kill Harry, Ron or Hermonie. It is - afterall - a children''s book.

As for Regulus being alive in the form of crookshanks, that is quite possible - provided Regulus is RAB. If this pans out, I think it will be revealed in the first chapters of the book. The kids will probably go to the hall of records to find a match of RAB. Since Anim. must register (and a member of the Black family couldn''t keep that a secret w/ their promenance), if you see that next to his name - bingo! It''s also quite possible that Snape was sent to kill Regulus. My reasoning for this is two fold - one, betraying Volde by not killing him & two - Snape would be the most likely one to know about the horcruxes - someone''s got to know. Perhaps he tells Regulus - maybe they go together? Speculation at this point
))) One thing I do know for sure, we really don''t know anything.
2.gif
Anyone have a date or press release for book 7? Will we really have to wait two years? You would think because this book will tie together all the others - it would be a natural extention of HBP.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the date June 2007 mentioned on one of the Harry Potter websites. I can''t remember if that was for the next book, or for the movie Order of the Phoenix. Hubby and I watched Biography on A&E the other night when they had a show about JKR, and she said that she had finished the final chapter of the final book, and it was in a vault somewhere waiting to be published. She promised to tie up all the loose ends, and tell us what happens in the future to all of the major characters. She also said that there would be more deaths among the major characters and that the deaths may or may not be shockers.

I''ve seen theater trailers for the next movie, Goblet of Fire, and it looks like it will be very good! The special effects prove to be awesome, especially with the magical creatures such as the dragons and the merpeople. We also get to see the resurrected Voldemort in the next movie, and he is being played by Ralph Fiennes, who I happen to LOVE! I think he will be an excellent Voldemort.

I do love the books more than the movies, but I have to say...I''m not usually a fan of movies made from books, but the Harry Potter movies are as close to the original writings as any movies I''ve seen. JKR has admitted that the directors have always given her a lot of input, and I think that makes a huge difference.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
((I do think that DD is dead. But I think that it was a planned death, and that there is more to the death than we know. I also think that Regulus is RAB, because other wise, there would have been no point in mentioning him in the story. He may not be a registered animagus, as there is a precendent with that in Rita Skeeter. Sirius probably didin't even know that his brother is an animagus, as Regulus may have only devlelped that skill while Sirious was in Azkaban.))

I think I've got the hang of this code thing...but I HATE it...lol! I am a terrible speller, and this just makes it all that much harder to proof read and edit my posts. I hope y'all bear with my spelling mistakes and don't think I'm illiterate or stupid because of it!
20.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
O.K. - I had the same thing typing in the blind. Blue said to correct this - type as you normally would. Go to the red A - tick white. Highlight the wanted hidden text then go and tick the white A. It should look blue & use the preview to make sure it''s masked.

((I completely agree that there is far more to DD death than what transpired on the surface. I doubt whether Reg. could hide the fact that he is anim. Rita Skeeter was a nobody & when it was brought to her attention - it was enough for her to bow to whatever Herm. says. I think who RAB is will be the first thing solved as it seems that JKR herself said that he was a good guess.)) I''m glad she will tie up all the loose ends & synops what happens to the characters in the future. I''m hoping she will be kind and release the last book sooner rather than later.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I have a hard time with this code thing, because I''m usually online on my laptop. For some reason, I keep deleting my own posts and that sort of thing, and it doesn''t work all that well for me. I''ve had trouble even reading some of everyone else''s posts that are in code. I think I must have clumsy fingers and well as being a bad speller!

((I think that Regulus may have been able to get away with being an unregistered animagus, because everyone thinks he''s dead! He''s been dead for over 15 yearsrs, and he was younger than Sirius, so he would have been very young at the time of his death. Besides, he was one of Voldemort''s followers, so he porobably didn''t always follow the rules.))

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Going through emails I found that a friend emailed me this link to an interview with JKR after HBP was published...don''t read it if you haven''t finished the book because it will spoil some things. I''m not sure where my friends find these things - i guess like me they have way too much time on their hands at work
3.gif
I havent gotten the chance to read it yet, but they said it had some interesting things. Its in 3 parts so it seems sort of long.

The Leaky Cauldron: Harry Potter News: Updates on J.K. Rowling, book six (Half-Blood Prince, HBP), movie four (Goblet of Fire...

oh and random, but has anyone read that care of magical creatures book that she published a few years ago?

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I just read all three parts of that interview. I just had a slightly out there thought, here it is...

((Mention has been made of Dumbldedore's brother, Aberforth. In the OOTP, when DD came back to Hogwarts after being driven away by Prof. Umbridge, what if it wasn't really DD that came back, but his brother, who was impersonating him? Is Amberforth still alive? I think so. Maybe that's where DD went when he was in hiding, to stay with his brother, and he filled him in on everything and asked him for his help. It's possible that Aberforth looks exactly like DD, or it could have been done with polyjuice potion. Just a thought! Maybe the person who died wasn't really DD,but his brother!))

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I found a website that might lend a little bit of credence to my latest "out there" theory here

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
((I loved thinking that Crookshanks was a animagus....however, after further pondering I wondered, wouldn''t he have shown up on the map?...so I''m guessing that it isn''t the case)) Alright, has everyone finished reading the book, or do we still have to hide things? Hehe its a good method, but I''m slightly tired of it
3.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
((Good point about the map...unless Regulus was clever enough to put some kind of charm on himself so that the map would identify him as Crookshanks instead of Regulus. Peter Pettigrew was supposedly not the brightest bulb and may not have thought to do that. I dunno. The The map never identified the fake Moody as Barty Crouch, Jr., either, did it? ))

Maybe the people who haven't read the book yet aren't even bothering to read this thread anymore? I hope so, cuz as nifty as this code thing is, it's also a pain in the a$$!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
aha! I read the interview

(( see, the last part of the interview, JKR talks about Lilly having a choise, and she chooses to die, therefor protects Harry in some sort of way. That had never been done before, DD did the same thing! Snape hesitated doing the AK spell, DD understood very well that, if Snape didn't do it, Malfoy would die as well, cuz Malfoy couldn't. And if Snape didn't do it, he would die too because of the imbreakable vow. The rest of the DE were told (i think) not to touch DD, and they probably couldn't have. DD could have blocked spells with his mind, just like Snape did. He choose to die, pleaded with Snape to kill him, JUST LIKE LILLY DID WITH VOLDEMORT!!

He transferred some sort of protection onto Hogwarts and maybe even HP (remember the magic from Lilly tranffered to Harry will wear off when he comes off age, that's that summer, so he needs more protection maybe that's why DD choose to die). If he didn't choose to die, the magic won't work, again said so in the interview re: James. Its the ultimate sign of bravery and love, and somehow unlocks some sort of ancient power that even DD did not fully understood. He will contact Harry, either trough his potrait or by other means. DD doesn't believe in dying, he believes that sprits live on..
))

Let me know what you guys think!!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
i'm so curious how many (or little) of us are right!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2005 7:13:10 AM
i''m so curious how many (or little) of us are right!
Probably a little of this & a little of that. ((DD was curious with ancient magic. Your theory of transference of protection is credible except I thought Harry had one more year of protection. He has to go back to privet drive one more time. Is it precisely at 17 that his protection wears off - or during all of his final "year" at Hogwarts? They did make a point that his birthday was late w/ that whole apparate stuff. So, perhaps it is 17 proper - which would take him through the year.

That being said, JKR has pretty much spelled out what characters will be important. Of course Snape has been her primary important character before Order. The question, is he good or bad? - a case can be made for both. It makes no sense to me that a wizard of DD''s caliber would plead for his life. But, ulitmately did snape kill dd to save himself from dying in the un.vow? Or was it an altruistic planned event? DD was never scared of dying. I think he''s dead & I thought he would be the one to die. I''m unsure why she was surprised people quessed as nearly everyone of my friends & kid friends thought that to be the case. There was enough for.shad to hit you over the head.

She mentions - paraphrase "a member of the order that we know but haven''t properly met - general consensus is that this referes to DD brother. As to what extent he plays, one can only speculate. If the locket is not still at 12 Grimauld place, then he probably has it or can help locate it - if you recall Mundungus was peddling *some* of the Black family wears at hosmeade & we know a locket is amoung the old Black stuff. It seeems like silly foreshadowing if the locket refered to "that no one can open" isn''t THE locket.

Interesting that she has not ruled out that someone has witnessed Lily''s death. We know the gang visits the Potter''s grave at G. Hollow. Is it a coincidence that Gryffindor''s first name is such? She mentions that the first father''s of the houses will be important. Why? Because they hold 4 of the horcrux?

Has JKR said that Harry is definitely NOT a horcrux? Reading from page 506-512 sure makes it seem like it. He was short one Horcrux prior to "entering your father and mother''s house". He made an important kill in James. Was he planning on making Lily the Horcrux? By killing her did he transfer the Horcrux to Harry by accident - I don''t think that Volde could have full understanding about Horcruxes? If Harry has a part of Volde''s soul - that would explain why he is able to feel what he feels - also he''s a parselmouth - yet not a slytherin? To me, it would explain the connection between Harry and Volde. Why else could he not destroy Harry at that time? Could it be the actually "scar" is the Horcrux? And, ultimately it is Harry''s ability to LOVE that has prevented any of Tom''s soul to truly enter him?
)))

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
(( I'm pretty sure the 'protection' Harry has, wears off at precisely 17. He had to come back one more time to the Dursley's, and if his B-day is late in the summer DD would have todl the Dursley's he had to come back twice.

DD didn't plead with Snape to save his life, but to kill him, just like Lilly did with Voldemort. She asked to take her life instead of Harry's, that's how the ancient magic transferred to Harry, I just think DD didn't exactely know how to work it. The death of DD was planned probably, but he might have thought Voldemort would do it instead of Snape, and maybe that is why DD had to plead with Snape, to convince him to do it.

Snape was probably ready to die because of the imbreakable vow, expecting too, that Voldemort would show up to accompany Malfoy, and ultimately killing DD. Why didn't he? If Malfoy was able to sneak in all the others why didn't Voldemort came too?

hmmm, Snape keeps pulling me back and forth, reading the above i'd say, 'good'

I'm not sure if Voldemort wanted Lilly to be the next Hocrux. He wants important kills for his Hocruxes and I think Harry should have been that. Harry is important to him. James wouldn't have been important enough IMO. Maybe, if if Voldemort didn't understand Hocruxes, than Harry might be an accident Hocrux. Volde doesnt know what will happen if you split your soul 7 times, cuz it hasn't been done before, and Harry is just a freak accident
))

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
((If he was not some sort of accidental pick for a Horcrux, then I simply can not understand the symbiosis of their relationship (volde & harry). What else makes sense? And, yes Harry would have been his ultimate pick to kill for his last Horcrux - BUT - James sure was an important target. Notwithstanding him being a very good wizard on the Order''s side, he was Harry''s father. He created Harry. So, the kill could have been good enough to create the last Horcrux accidently.

Also, does Harry turn 17 this summer or the summer after his 7th year? I can''t remember. And, when I think of protection that the LOVE gives Harry, I could view it as protection against Volde''s soul in Harry having more influence. One could view the protection as that and not that Volde can''t kill Harry because Harry loves.

Regarding Snape, we will have to wait for 7. A case can be made for both good and bad. I tend to the good because I want to believe it so. But, I started to question this because of what JKR said in her interview that Blue posted the link to. When asked if Snape was bad "Well what do you think after reading the book?" - in the sense that what he has done is pretty damning - And then she made a comment about us *wanting* to believe Snape is good. Makes me wonder. One could take the events on surface value all in the eyes of Snape - inferring going against conventional wisdom. Don''t get me wrong - I want DD pleading with Snape to kill him. I want Snape to mean "don''t call me a coward" because of what he had the courage to do the unspeakable that DD was asking. But, I can''t accept that as truth - until I hopefully see it in print in 7

Any speculaton on why Lily was orgininall spared? ))

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Here are more ideas to mull over...((Yes, the foreshadowing of DD's death was very obvious. Almost too obvious sometimes. I've noticed in these books that sometimes things that are so obvious can also be red herrings. As far as Harry being a Horcrux...I don't think so. It would be far more likely that Voldemort would have wanted his Horcruxes to be inanimate objects or animals. Placing part of one's soul in another human being would be far too risky. It would be far easier to place protection and control over an inanimate object or an animal that you could make into a pet of sorts that it would a human being with a free will. We've seen how many times Harry nearly lost his life, even with the strong protection that Lily's death, Hogwarts, DD, and the Order have given him. I just can't think that Voldemort would have not considered these things when deciding what to make into the Horcruxes. I think that it's possible that James and Lily had some object, possibly a Gryffindor artifact, that Voldemort wanted to use as a Horcrux, so he went there with the express purpose of killing James Potter and creating a Horcrux. He then planned to kill Harry. That's probably why Lily's death was unnecessary. Voldemort had already created the Horcrux by that time, and his only other goal was to do away with the ONE who was destined to be his only threat....Harry. It was Lily herself who thwarted Voldemort's plan by sacrificing herself to try and save Harry's life, thus creating the powerful protection that saved Harry's life then, and still continues to protect him to this day. It was also the final piece of the chain of circumstances that made Harry the ONE that Sybil Trelawney had made the prophecy about. DD had spoken to Harry about the prophecy only becoming true because Harry and Voldemort had done so by acting upon their free will. I think that also applied to Lily, who willingly gave her life in an attempt to save her son.))

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
(( Oh , I don''t think Harry was an intended target to be a horcrux. Voldemort himself may not know it (& there may be 8). Harry made a big point to Slughorn that his father was killed first "he then stepped over my father''s body to my Mum" - no time for the creation of Horcrux. And, the book makes plenty of suggestions that this is rare ancient magic - no one had tried to make 7 horcruxes. It''s just a theory that would explain to me something that has yet to be explained in a way that makes sense to me. The connection of Volde & Harry. Why does he feel what Volde feels? And, remember after the snake bit Arthur, harry had a moment that he wanted to hurt DD in OOTP. Also, the snake did volde''s bidding almost as his own & Harry said he *was* the snake - he made a point about not just watching. He was in the first person.))

If anyone else can explain the connection of Harry to Volde - let her rip. Why can Harry feel what Volde feels? It''s just never been properly explained to me. Maybe it''s some wizard thing.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
One more idea...((As to why Harry and Voldemort have the conection that they have? I think DD pretty well explained it when he told Harry that when Voldemort tried to kill him, he was using very powerful magic. No one can be sure of the outcome when that kind of magic is used, and it doesn't work properly. Harry is the only person who has ever survived the "killing curse". We saw an example of this in Goblet of Fire, when Harry was fighting Voldemort at the end, and the curses were reflected back on one another. When Voldemort tried to kill Harry, part of the curse was deflected back on Voldmort, not quite killing him, but rendering him not quite "alive", either. At the same time, some of Voldemort's powers were transferred to Harry. And in a way, unintentionally, I think that Voldemort did create something like a Horcrux in Harry. I'm not sure if he actually transferrred part of his soul into Harry. I'm of the mind that Voldemort had created his final Horcrux when he killed James Potter, so he had already distributed all the parts of his soul by the time he tried to kill Harry. I'm thinking that there was some "essense" of Voldemort that remained after he parseled out his soul, which basically was his thoughts and his mind. That's what he transferred to Harry...a part of his consciousness. Most spiritual tradition believes that your conscious mind and your soul are separate. That's why when you die, your soul or spirit lives on, but your awareness or mind do not))

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
About the Horcruxes...((It hasn't exactly been explained how the Horcruxes are created. It may be that they are created instantaneously when the killing takes place. Maybe Voldemort didn't need any time to do anything, because the instant he took James Potter's life, the part of his soul was instantly placed in the Horcrux. If it takes time to create the Horcrux, how would you explain Harry's accidentally becoming a Horcrux when Voldemort tried to kill him? The backfiring of the killing curse rendered Voldemort too weak to do much after that, at least from what we've read in the book))

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
I loooove this stuff!!!

sjz- (( "It hasn''t exactly been explained how the Horcruxes are created". I wondering about that too! is it immediate or just because you used the unforgivable curses, you have an option to split your soul or not?

I''m with F&I on the whole ''volde transfering part of his soul into harry'' theory. That has to be why Harry can see into Volde''s mind. That is another reason why I think harry is an accident Hocrux. Volde didn''t know about that untill OOP.
))

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
(( I''m really not sure what or whom the 7th Horcrux is, I think that there has been a lot of weight placed on the luckiest magical number (7) and that since no one knew more than about splitting the soul once that maybe it wasn''t just Lily''s love for Harry that saved him, but that Voldemort tried to turn Harry into a Horcrux and as soon as he split his soul for the 7th time that is why he "died" or went away because it was too much soul splitting???

I know that they are unsure of some of the Horcruxe''s and wouldn''t Voldemort have needed at least one of them to come back into the form he is currently in? Or do we not really now if he is still a pile of sludge and not human/wizard form?
))

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2005 12:56:59 PM
I loooove this stuff!!!

sjz- (( 'It hasn't exactly been explained how the Horcruxes are created'. I wondering about that too! is it immediate or just because you used the unforgivable curses, you have an option to split your soul or not?

I'm with F&I on the whole 'volde transfering part of his soul into harry' theory. That has to be why Harry can see into Volde's mind. That is another reason why I think harry is an accident Hocrux. Volde didn't know about that untill OOP.
))

Here's the flaw I find with that theory...((In all of mythology, souls can be transferred from one object or being to another, but almost always, the vessel receiving the soul has to be a "void", or something without a soul of it's own. Harry, even though he was an infant, would have had a soul of his own, and I don't know if Voldemort could have imparted part of his soul into any sensient being with a soul of their own. I think it's possible to to it with an animal, or even a inferi or something like that, whose didn't have a soul, or whose soul would have left their body, but not a living breathing human. That's why I reject the theories of Harry, Lily, Ginny, or even DD being a Horcrux JKR is famous for drawing upon mythology and so forth for her inspiration. She doesn't just make this stuff up out of her head, although she does freely admit to making up most of the spells and that sort of thing, since she doesn't practice witchcraft herself...lol.))

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
dazedland -

(( in GOF he used Harry, remember? He had to have his blood in order to become a human or something close like that.But I agree there has not been any mention of the shape or vorm Volde has right now... hmmm
))

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
You guys rule!!! It took me much longer to finish this book than the previous 5 (too much going on!) but I finally finished it on a plane on Monday and was just completely despondant....I was sure there had to be mnore to it than ((Snape really being an evil bas$tard after all and DD just being plain-old dead for no purpose)))) So glad to see everyone''s theories to get my brain going. I think I have to read it again now!! Definitely need to re-read OOP!!!

I also had no problem at all with the level of teen angst--seemed just about right for a bunch of 16 year olds. LOVE LOVE LOVE that (( Harry and Ginny finally got together, and that it seemed Ron and Hermione were about to as well. That latter couple has been in the making since the very beginning!!!))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results