shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy belated Christmas - how bout some red and green? Spinel & Tsavorite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 9:31:24 PM
Author: Chrono
Have you found a setting you like for these yet?
Yes, I ordered an LOGR for the pear, but I can''t find an oval setting I like. I hope no one is cringing that I bought an LOGR for the pear, but I did upgrade the diamonds to VS full cuts. It''s a surprise!! If anyone can think of a decent oval setting, please let me know. I might even get the baguette setting for the tsavorite that I purchased for my violet spinel. It''s just the oval LOGR''s don''t do anything for me except one of them, and that one is very pricey for an LOGR. I would love an art deco style mount for it (like an octagon halo that holds an oval), but he doesn''t have one in a mid to lower price range right now.
8.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the approximate measurement of the oval? Rounded up/down numbers are fine. Maybe I might find something nice?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8x7 mm is a non calibrated size; you''ll most likely have to custom mount this with any setting you choose.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will definitely fit in an 8x6. I have some 8x6 LOGR''s and it looks like it would fit fine. My jeweler will make it fit if not.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 9:44:15 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It will definitely fit in an 8x6. I have some 8x6 LOGR''s and it looks like it would fit fine. My jeweler will make it fit if not.
You have a good jeweller there.
9.gif
I think Arcadian posted some pictures of 8x6 mm LOGR settings for ovals but I take it you prefer something flashier? More halo again, I see.
25.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 9:47:18 PM

Date: 1/13/2010 9:44:15 PM
You have a good jeweller there.
9.gif
I think Arcadian posted some pictures of 8x6 mm LOGR settings for ovals but I take it you prefer something flashier? More halo again, I see.
25.gif
I don''t know, but the oval LOGR''s I''ve seen are kind of dated looking. I want something more classic, or art deco (which never goes out of style). That is a halo, but with a twist since it''s an octagon.

My pear spessartite is 1mm too wide for the LOGR I purchased for it, but my jeweler had no problem whatsoever. He pushes the prongs out and "notches" them for larger stones. I am lucky to have a very good jeweler, thanks!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found a new jeweller too; hopefully she can also squeeze my cobalt into my LOGR which is 1 mm too small. My AGL cert gave incorrect measurements but I love the design too much to return it. It's the one that is similar to a Harry Winston setting.

OK, so art deco, but not necessarily with a halo. Gotcha!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 9:55:11 PM
I just found a new jeweller too; hopefully she can also squeeze my cobalt into my LOGR with is 1 mm too small. My AGL cert gave incorrect measurements but I love the design too much to return it. It''s the one that is similar to a Harry Winston setting.

Yes, your jeweler should be able to fit that in there Chrono. Good luck with your new jeweler.

Thanks!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s how the tsavorite looked when I placed it on top of the baguette LOGR that I used for my violet spinel.

TLtsavinlogr3.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since your jeweller can work some magic, is it possible to squeeze it into a square cushion setting? In tha baguette setting, your tsav looks almost like a cushion cut stone. It's just a crazy thought so ignore me if it's too weird.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 10:08:03 PM
Since you jeweller can work some magic, is it possible to squeeze it into a square cushion setting? In tha baguette setting, your tsav looks almost like a cushion cut stone. It's just a crazy thought so ignore me if it's too weird.
The violet spinel is already in there, but he makes this exact setting for an 8x6 oval for the low $200's in price.
31.gif
I paid $30 extra to customize it for my violet spinel. Do you like it in there??

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 9:55:11 PM
I just found a new jeweller too; hopefully she can also squeeze my cobalt into my LOGR which is 1 mm too small. My AGL cert gave incorrect measurements but I love the design too much to return it. It's the one that is similar to a Harry Winston setting.

I know that setting you bought for your cobalt, and I was considering it for my tsavorite, but I had thought at one time you said you weren't crazy about it. Do you like it, and if it has downfalls, what are they?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 10:09:50 PM

Date: 1/13/2010 10:08:03 PM
Since you jeweller can work some magic, is it possible to squeeze it into a square cushion setting? In tha baguette setting, your tsav looks almost like a cushion cut stone. It''s just a crazy thought so ignore me if it''s too weird.
The violet spinel is already in there, but he makes this exact setting for an 8x6 oval for the low $200''s in price.
31.gif
I paid $30 extra to customize it for my violet spinel. Do you like it in there??
I meant to open up your options to include looking at square cushion LOGR settings and perhaps have it customized slightly to fit your oval.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 10:11:14 PM
I know that setting you bought for your cobalt, and I was considering it for my tsavorite, but I had thought at one time you said you weren''t crazy about it. Do you like it, and if it has downfalls, what are they?
I still like it very much even though the melees are tiny, but at least they are very clean and clear from what I can tell.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have a legacy LOGR cushion mount, and I think it would fit in there, but it might look dumb.

TLtsavinlogrt.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It certainly could work. Is this that 8 mm square cushion setting that you could NOT find a stone to fit? How obvious is the airline on the sides where it is 1 mm smaller?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it''s the 7x7, but I think the stone would fit.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks a little odd, but so does that oval in the rectagular halo setting you linked to earlier.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Great colors.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I really indulged my cones and rods today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results