shape
carat
color
clarity

Happily Ever After... My 4ct OEC from JbEG!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! :love: It certainly looks wonderful in the current setting until you decide how you want to reset it!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1385376944|3562431 said:
Hi, congrats it looks huge and amazing!!!! Maybe if you get bored you should put a halo around the stone, one of Victor's halos will NOT look like your existing halo or like anything we see here!!!!

You are so right. Perhaps down the track I can convince Mr K to let me send it back to the US??

Daisyoz said:
That is a gorgeous stone! Congrats! I do dream of owning an OEC one day :).

Where do you live in Australia? I live in Melbourne and recently had to resize my Whiteflash ring down and it cost $90. May be sizing up will cost more? Interestingly my SO ordered my ring size at 4.25 but the platinum smith we went to to resize the ring said it actually was a 4. Is there a discrepancy between the same US system used in Oz and in the US?

I am in Sydney, Daisyoz. We go by letters (an L is a 5.5, an M is a 6 etc.).

Alex T said:
Absolutely stunning!! And whilst I agree with your friend that its not as bling as you usually wear, it doesn't NEED anymore bling! It is graceful & classic & in your face. Perfection! :love:

Thank you!! I think it's just the getting used to the solitaire setting. Everytime I look at her I can't believe how beautiful she is. I don't think she NEEDS any more bling, she is perfection on her own, but maybe I need it. Does that make sense?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1385381986|3562448 said:
Just gorgeous! I love an old cut solitaire because it is elegant and classic. :love: Perfection doesn't need anything extra IMO.
Wear her in health and happiness!

Thank you Missy! I love your beautiful stone. She is gorgeous too!

SB621 said:
MSC!!! First off I love that setting. Truly I do and I think adding the diamonds to the swooping part was fantastic. It looks so elegant and classic. I have to say a part of me is slightly vindicated when I see other ladies who got upgrades/ anniversary rings etc that just don’t love the solitaire look with an antique stone. I thought I would. I thought it would be sooooooo classic it would sweep me off my feet. But honestly I think after seeing so many of them now I can say that antique cuts just don’t mesh with solitaires. It is like running a horse into a wall (as I tell my husband). A solitaire is just very stark and contemporary looking to me. While antique stones have these facets that throw color and so much personality all over the place. I now see now why art deco settings are so intricate. They actually need to compete and hold their own with the diamond.

Regardless I think your solitare is absolutely stunning but down the road if you change it I can't wait to see what you do. I have always loved this setting. I had though about using it for my 2ct MRB. I love the top down view is classic but the side view is more intricate. Perhaps it will be of interest or inspiration for your 3 stone down the rd??

You know what? I am totally with you. I absolutely thought it would be me. I think antique solitaires do look lovely on some people. Am thinking Missy's Bea, JustGinger's Poppy, hippi pixi's gorgeous stunner... I love her in the setting, I truly do, but I am such a magpie, I just think she needs a little more. Something, for me. I will definitely be happy with her for a little while (possibly a year or so, maybe longer). On the plus side, all you do look at is Gladys so the setting achieved it's goal. She is just mesmerising.

I adore that inspiration photo you posted. Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of. Maybe even a triple split shank with very fine pave... I really like the idea of the trilogy sentiment. And I would ultimately get a beautiful coloured stone and set it in the setting to wear as a right hand ring if I do change her out.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1385442282|3563006 said:
Beautiful diamond! :love: It certainly looks wonderful in the current setting until you decide how you want to reset it!

She does, doesn't she!! I can't stop wearing her!

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
misskittycat|1385461538|3563074 said:
I am in Sydney, Daisyoz. We go by letters (an L is a 5.5, an M is a 6 etc.).

Yes that is right MissKittycat. The platinum smith said that my ring (ordered with Whiteflash and made by Vatche at size 4.25) was measured at size H1/2 Oz and 4 US. He had 2 mandrels, one with US number measurement and one with Oz letter measurement and he measured by both systems in front of us, not going with a conversion chart. The appraiser we had gone to earlier also measured the ring as size H1/2, which is converted to a 4 US according to current online conversion chart. The platinum smith measured my finger to be G1/2 (which is 3.625 US) anyway and since we were not going to send the ring back or bothered with warrantee, we just got him to resize it. That and reading about your experience got me worried though the next time I order a ring in the US not sure how to make sure sizing is right, whether there is a discrepancy of 0.25 size between sizing systems in Oz and US. Should I just order size 4 expecting it will be 3.75? As in your case 5.25 turned out to be 5 or 4.75.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is stunning!! The simplicity is one of the features that makes it so amazing. Simply gorgeous. :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1385471843|3563115 said:
I think your ring is stunning!! The simplicity is one of the features that makes it so amazing. Simply gorgeous. :love:

This!

Luckily you do not have to decide right now. If you take the reset/urgency feeling off the table, all you will have is this BIG, beautiful ring. If and when you've decided a solitaire is really not the way to go, then make a change. Enjoy it!

cheers--Sharon

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really an amazing stone and setting! But PS is all about resets/upgrades so we can't wait to see what you decide to do next! ;))

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous. G is certainly a big girl.

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
I agree, diamondseeker! The current setting is beautiful and classic and you can't go wrong with it, especially as you decide what you want to put it in next.

The stone is just gorgeous, feel free to post more pics...in ANY setting!! :love: :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think the stone is lovely but I can understand your statement about why you thought it would be bigger. I also expected a 4 ct to look bigger on the finger given your finger is small. I am taking a few things in your post and thinking you should re-set it in a halo! You like halos (although you already have one) but this would add more bling and bring up the size a bit. I am thinking something like Victor Canera's Emilya halo so a very fine and delicate halo.

The sun is shining

Shiny_Rock
MissKittyCat, your ring is divine! :love: You are bound to get so much enjoyment from it.

Are you based in Melbourne? I was in Rutherford the other day and overheard one of their customers talking to the sales reps how their friend had recently bought a 4ct OEC, and that they had never heard of them before that time... I wonder if they were talking about you?! :lol: It's such a small place around here. Naturally I assumed it was a fellow PS'er and that the ring came from JbEG, but I am most likely totally wrong and jumping to conclusions.

ETA: Oops! Just noticed you're in Sydney. Yep! Totally jumping to conclusions!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
The Sun is Shining - YES!!! You aren't jumping to conclusions at all. That was my friend Talia and she was talking about my ring! She is getting an OEC too - a 2.5 carat (but not from Rutherfords). Hopefully she should have the ring by Christmas and I can't wait to see it! Such a small world, isn't it?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo|1385498414|3563372 said:
I think the stone is lovely but I can understand your statement about why you thought it would be bigger. I also expected a 4 ct to look bigger on the finger given your finger is small. I am taking a few things in your post and thinking you should re-set it in a halo! You like halos (although you already have one) but this would add more bling and bring up the size a bit. I am thinking something like Victor Canera's Emilya halo so a very fine and delicate halo.

I do love Halos. I also adore Meg's halo that ERD did. I love the vintage feel...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to suggest that maybe the plain shank could be engraved? I think some lovely engraving could add that bit of extra something and vintage feel that seems to be missing for your beyond gorgeous antique stone. Either way it's lovely and so so special :appl:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Gladys is lovely :appl: Congrats!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! And I love your nail polish :bigsmile:.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your OEC is absolutely stunning. I adore it's cushiony outline and the beautiful faceting!! Congratulations! :appl:

The sun is shining

Shiny_Rock
misskittycat|1385519514|3563587 said:
The Sun is Shining - YES!!! You aren't jumping to conclusions at all. That was my friend Talia and she was talking about my ring! She is getting an OEC too - a 2.5 carat (but not from Rutherfords). Hopefully she should have the ring by Christmas and I can't wait to see it! Such a small world, isn't it?
:lol:

It's Australia - teeny tiny in comparison to other areas!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
MissKitty- Gladys is gorgeous :love: :love: :love: I absolutely love the setting she's in but do agree with Asscherhalo that engraving the shank could add a nice vintage vibe to the setting. Perhaps you could ask about that when it goes in for a resize.
I prefer solitaire settings, so for me, I find it perfect the way it is!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Woofmama. I love her in her setting too but I think I need a little more oomph. It's been cold here the last few days so I have been wearing her a lot! I'm not much of an engraving type of girl, to be honest and the shank is so delicate I wonder if you would be able to see much of a pattern?

I have been tossing up settings and doing a bit of research. Saving inspiration etc. And I came across this in my inspiration folder. It might be waaay too busy, but I do like it...

I also like this one.

Neither of them three stones, but just looking at the moment.

paraiba_with_1.jpg

emeralddiamondring.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results