shape
carat
color
clarity

Hanging out in hospital with a heart attack.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you'll be doing better very soon.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry to hear about your illness, mrs-b. I hope that the worst is behind you and that you start to feel better soon!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doing badly. Heart has started producing spasms. Feels like I've been having a heart attack for the last 18 hours.

Gut has spasmed and esophagus also. Will possibly require surgery to un-spasm this. Coronary spasm will require drugs - no idea how long for, but so far nothing is working.

On continual morphine for pain. Not really working either. Very, very ill.

Oh my goodness! Lots of healing prayers going out from me.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Mrs. B, I hope they get this sorted out soon so you can mend and be free of pain.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awful! I hope they get it taken care of quickly and you are feeling better soon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there Mrs. B you'll feel better soon.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Out now and the procedure was odd. I got a stent - and I had a stent about 10 years ago as well. The first one was easy - highly sedated, but no pain to speak of at all either during the procedure or after.

This one, I was very conscious, and during the procedure began to feel extreme chest pain. I broke into a sweat on the table and told the surgeon of the growing pain. He placed a stent for a 90% blockage. I've been out now for about 3 hours and the pain is not really subsiding. Down perhaps a little, I'm still about to be given morphine to reduce the pain and lessen the pain load on my heart. They're re-testing me for troponin - the chemical produced by the heart in response to damage - most commonly myo. infarction - so let's hope that score is 0 (which it is in a healthy body with no heart issues or extenuating circumstances).

EDIT Well, just spent a bunch of time going over the procedure with one of the cardiologists in the cath lab with me during the procedure, and iit appears parts of the plaque broke off during the procedure and I had what amounts to a small heart attack on the table. This should resolve with no lasting issues, but my troponin will likely be raised. The pain is ongoing and I'm about to get a small dose of morphine - to give my heart a rest, as much as anything else. I'm still hopeful of going home tomorrow, but we'll have to see.

What a ride this has been -

- and -

I don't feel well. :(sad
Hope you’re feeling better today! Sounds icky. Thinking of you.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending prayers and dust to you @mrs-b. I hope you are no longer in pain and are feeling better today. Hopefully you are able to go home to your husband quickly.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
,(

I am not at all brave through such things & I hope you are not - too - brave.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending healing thoughts your way Mrs-B. I hope they’ve found a way to make you much more comfortable today.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I came by this thread to check on you, expecting that you were headed home today! I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I wish you had your family there to hold your hand and be with you. :(sad

I hope you recover in the very near future @mrs-b.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am sorry you are suffering. Please get better soon!

kind regards--Sharon

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b Been thinking about you today.

images.jpeg-4.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
praying

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings from hospital! :)

Apparently, I have a kidney infection and have had it for a while. Recently, it's given me some heavy chills, sweats and racing pulse that lasted for hours and hours. But 2 nights ago, after being VERY ill with the kidney infection for a few days, I started to get pain in the chest and went in to the ER where they tested me for some kind of myocardial thingy, and it came back - just barely - positive. I've had an occlusion in the past and was treated some years ago, and it looks as tho that my have recurred. So after much monitoring and conversation, it looks as tho I may be about to have another angiogram (I've had 2 before and hated both of them) - and possibly some form of treatment to open a blockage, if one is found.

So if you're a praying kind of person like me - please do!
If you're a well-wishes sending person - I'd love as many as you can send!
And if you prefer to send zen, fairy dust, reiki - it's all good on my end!

I would like to walk out of here on my own two feet and into the arms of my adored husband by the end of the weekend. And I'd like a definitive diagnosis. Prayers to that end would be appreciated more than I can express.

Thank you, fellow PSers. It's been a hell of a 2 years for me, health-wise.

One good thing tho - I've been tested for Covid twice in the last 36 hours and I definitely do NOT have it. And in case anyone is interested, or in case this is stopping anyone from going in for the test, the test is a big fat nothing. It takes 10 seconds. It's uncomfortable, but - and I can't stress this enough - it DOES NOT HURT. And it's super quick. Stay still, cough a few times to give the muscles something to do and distract your brain, and it will be over before you know it.

Go vibes coming your way.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you're in hospital mrs-b with the best care possible. As long as it takes, it takes. Sending prayers and every good wish.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry. Still praying for your recovery.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no @mrs-b....I’m just about ready for bed but wanted to check how you are doing. I’m so sorry to read you are going through this...I hope the doctors sort it out and get you well soon...XO

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and sending prayers

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued prayers mrs-b!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you, @mrs-b , and continuing prayers for a fast recovery for you.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have somehow missed this! Sorry! Hope you are starting to feel a little better. Hugs!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
prayers continue.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I don't like that we haven't heard from you for a little while.....

I hope you are getting the best treatment & will check in with us soon.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Continuing Prayers Mrs B xo

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you're on the mend mrs-b

Thinking of you

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and hoping the silence means you are comfortable enough to be getting some sleep.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for your quick recovery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results