shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo.....deconstructed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
really, really pretty! you should change your username to love my deconstructed halo!
3.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks crickett!

MissFortune - I know! I wish I could change my name, but I''d have to start all over on PS. Every time I see it, I chuckle and think "I used to luvmyhalo!"

StillWaiting - The halo setting was really pretty. It''s verrrry delicate and simple. Yeuketeil at ID Jewelry was really helpful. He shipped the setting to me and said I could return it if I didn''t like it. (I figured out that I didn''t like it after I mounted my stone and had it sized so it was too late!)

The main reason I didn''t like it was because my stone was a little too large for the inside diameter of the halo. The line between my stone and the halo blended together and I felt like my diamond just got lost. I should have asked ID Jewelry what the exact opening size was instead of asking, "will my 7.6mm size stone fit in the halo?" It did actually fit but from the top view, half of the halo was hidden below my stone.

The other thing about the setting that bugged me is that the gallery view is a little lacking. I thought the little metal "donut" directly below where the diamond cutlet would be was a little strange.

Overall, its a pretty setting for the price. ID Jewelry was nice to work with. I''m pretty sure they''ll ship it to you and if you don''t like it, it seemed pretty easy to just return it. I''m not sure who would pay for the return shipping though. ''

I hope all my jabbering has helped!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, halo. That does actually help a lot. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! As much as I do love halos, I REALLY love the way your ring turned out. I''m very torn between classic and halo...I''m pretty sure I''d be very happy with either, or any, for that matter!
31.gif

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Am I crazy!?! Or does your stone look larger in the latest setting! It''s just stunning!!! Don''t get me wrong, it was lovely in each setting, but wow - this last one is breathtaking! Nice work!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, thanks glitterazzi! If you''re crazy, I want to be crazy too! I think it looks bigger because the shank is only 2mm.

By the way, I noticed that YUMMY band from Singlestone in your avatar...might that beauty be yours?
31.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
it looks amazing. im so happy for you. it must''ve seemed like forever, but definately worth the wait!!
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Luvmyhalo, your story is cool and I really like how your ring turned out. Sounds like an interesting journey, but the result is a beauty!

nani565

Shiny_Rock
Luvmyhalo

I don''t know if this is an appropriate question, but how much did your jeweler charge to change your ring from a halo to your final ring? I am absolutely in love with your ring and want to have one just like it made! BTW where is your jeweler located? Thank you for the information!

Nani

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It looks so great. I love the final outcome the best out of all 3!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much SDL and Steph, you gals make me smile
9.gif

Nani! I totally don't mind at all!

I'm in SoCal and used 2 jewelers to accomplish the final outcome. I sold them some old jewelry to offset the cost, but I think the price to "convert" my halo setting to what I have now turned out to be between $400-500. The original halo setting was around $650. So, in total I spend about $1100. I definitely did it totally backwards and I wish now that I had just purchased the setting I initially wanted. It would have been a lot less stressful!!!

The first jeweler I went to was Diamond Hill Jewelers in the LA Jewelry district. They removed the halo, made the new head and used the diamonds from the halo portion in the prongs. They did an OK job, but they lacked the ability to really "finish" the ring. The prong tips were bulky and uneven, and the inside of the basket was sloppy. They told me that they didn't feel confident that they could do any better.

So, I found a local jeweler(Grand Jewelers in Ontario, CA) that had an experienced benchman who could refine the head and prong tips to make them thinner and more even. I couldn't be more happy with them and would not hesitate to have them do more work in the future.

There were 3 settings similar to mine that I was absolutely in LOVE with that I should have purchased instead of doing it the way I did....

This one by Natalie K (a local B&M quoted about $1100 for this setting in WG)
http://www.nataliek.com/collection/product.php?id=339&pg=3&num=1

The Willow by ArtCarved...

artcrvdwillow.jpg

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
And this yummy setting by C. Gonshor... (I think this one is around $2000 in WG)

c gonshor ring setting.jpg

*drool* the last version is absolutely my favorite!
30.gif

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are stunning, I love them all
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results