shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo.....deconstructed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the final product. I''m glad to hear you''re finally happy with your ring. Congratulations!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
glad you''re thrilled with the ring. it''s beautiful!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It''s so beautiful -- you took the beauty from both styles and made the perfect ring. Congrats.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
brilliant!
36.gif

BeGatch!

Shiny_Rock
I really like your set! Luv the diamonds on the prongs!!!

kelbelle134

Rough_Rock
LOVE IT!!! So beautiful

April20

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is really beautiful. It''s a great meeting point between the halo and the solitare.

Just.Looking

Rough_Rock
WOW, it''s gorgeous! I was going back and forth on a halo or not, and decided not. I LOVE your final ring!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
i just absolutely LOVE it! kinda partial, as my setting is very similar, but your diamond prongs have me thinking......hmmmmmmmm
31.gif
31.gif

many congrats on your beautiful ring!!!!!!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woohoo for the AH HA! moment, it looks fantastic!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Agree- love the combination of the diamond band with the diamond prongs, but letting the center stone do it's thing! Ring now is similar to a Leon style. So glad you fiured it out in your own head and found an artist who could create your vision!
Enjoy wearing it!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Looks fab!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so cool your jeweler could do that! I am impressed! Love the final outcome and glad you are happy at last.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The final one is my favorite, it is stunning!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it. It''s so dainty and the head is so gorgeous. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:29:01 PM
Author: Elmorton
LOVE the deconstructed halo!! What awesome thinking - and a gorgeous ring!
Ditto that! Lovely!
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your last one shows off your beautiful stone the best! Congratulations on such a gorgeous ring!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words! I''m really over the moon with how it all worked out. I feel so silly that I''ve been obsessing over it for nearly a year.
32.gif

It''s nice to have all of you fellow diamond enthusiasts to share this with. No one I know outside of PS would ever understand!!!
31.gif
I truly am thankful to each and every one of you for sharing in my excitement!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Your jeweler did an amazing job! Was he able to save the halo part and turn it into something else, like a pendant? :)

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ForteKitty! We actually used the diamonds from the halo portion and put them in the prongs. I thought about using it for a pendant but I already have one similar (except its oval) that I rarely wear. I saw a couple of settings that had diamond prongs and fell absolutely in love!!!

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
LMH,

I LOVE to see posts like this. I am sure there are lots and lots of us that have something, get something, change something and end up with something so unbelevably perfect (or at least hope to).

I love to see your avatar, it is such a considered set. Individual and classic but with bags and bags of interest and bling. I can''t imagine you get bored looking at thats set.

Congrats

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Carrots!

Steel, you are such a sweetheart. Your words made me smile:)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it! I too, wavered with the whole halo thing - to get or not to get. When I actually saw my stone placed in a halo setting I didn''t like it - I thought it took too much away from the true beauty of the diamond and went with a solitaire setting. But, I love that you were able to use the stones from the halo setting in the prongs! That''s so original and something I''ve never seen before. Good choice! It looks amazing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea! It turned out beautifully!

Just.Looking

Rough_Rock
I keep coming back to this thread to look at your ring and drool; it is absolutely stunning!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:25:49 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
On an apple...
Oh gosh, it is gorgeous and so elegant!!!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lil Misfit! That's exactly how I felt about my halo. Every time I see one here on PS, I think, "Gosh that is so pretty! I want one."
27.gif
I have to remind myself that I tried it and it's just not for me!

DiamondSeeker - Thank you so much! It's so nice to get compliments from someone with such great taste!

JustLooking - That is too funny! I must have gone back to look at pictures of your ring about 5 times!!! Gorgeous!

Awww Skippy - you're too sweet. I actually have your set saved in my Favorites file on my computer!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:16:34 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
Here''s the stock photo from IDJewelry...
First, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE your final product!!! It''s stunning! But, as I''m in love with halos, may I ask further about your dissatisfaction with your halo? You mentioned you decided that you didn''t like the way it looked on you...did it have anything to do with the look of THIS particular halo design? I ask because I''ve been searching high and low for an affordable halo setting and this one from I.D. is by far the best priced. Was there anything particular that you just didn''t like about this halo? When it comes closer to purchasing time, I''ll be peppering the jeweler with questions, but I''d like to hear your perspective first. TIA!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I really love the finished product

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results