shape
carat
color
clarity

Had you ever been banned from PS? If yes, did you know the reason why?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few months ago I received a 7 day time out b/c I use the word "boobs". I mean seriously, you reported me to Ella b/c I use the word boobs?. Think I said something like "SMTBoobs"

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet, as I am a good girl! :saint:

DK :lol-2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
But you're back and sporting your man-kini, so it's all just walk down mammary lane :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I think the only reporting should be done for spam unless someone behaves egregiously. We are all adults here. But it isn't my forum nor my rules. And we shouldn't even be discussing this as I think it is against the rules.

Life is hard enough. Most of us come here for an escape and hopefully for intelligent conversation and a few laughs. No one needs more stress nor aggravation. Including the administrators and moderators.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope haven't been banned which I'm kind of amazed about because I have called a few posters out on things they have said before. Sorry but if you are being an angry hateful jerk then I will take the chance of being banned to being it to your attention.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope haven't been banned which I'm kind of amazed about because I have called a few posters out on things they have said before. Sorry but if you are being an angry hateful jerk then I will take the chance of being banned to being it to your attention.
so you are one of those troublemakers?... :bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so you are one of those troublemakers?... :bigsmile:

Yup that's me! I'm sorry but if someone is being downright rude and hateful I'm going to say something. No, I don't report anyone I say it right there in the thread. There's just no need for that, life is hard for everyone why make it any more miserable on a jewelry forum?!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the threshold for rude and hateful is pretty low around here. Seriously I don't see many hateful/rude posts at all. An occasional ad hominem attack is something I did see once and I didnt report it to the mod, as they have better things to do I'm sure, but I did educate the poster.

So no, I haven't been banned. Yet!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I have been. Twice. But it's been a year and a half since the last one. I do think people reported me regularly though.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@Dancing Fire you may be setting yourself up for a 21 day ban using that bad word 3 times! :eek-2:

I’ve never been banned from anywhere. I’ve only ever reported spam. I generally believe it is best to let people reveal themselves even if the post is over the line, offensive etc. But each forum has rules and most places will ban for crossing lines and I’m fine with that too. I don’t find it difficult to stay within the lines here.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I’ve never reported anyone. I have reported a post of my own to be deleted.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
No. I suspect people reported me but I had never reported anyone. I also have no one on ignore. I really don't want to be banned! Prefer to have civil conversations here and believe it is possible to have them nearly100% of the time. I didn't come to this Forum in order to make friends since I am the one who don't believe in big numbers of friends IRL, 2-3 persons outside of the family is my limit. But I am happy to "know" all good people here and spend delightful time discussing bling as well as have some productive conversations on Hangout part of the Forum.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have never been banned, but scolded once on the topic of racism. I explained my point and all was OK. Racism is a topic on here that creates volatility. If you deviate one iota from the extreme party line, you are labeled a racist. I have begun to view some posters as rabid. I hope these posters do not come to a new forum.

In the past I said I had not reported a poster, but the other nite I remembered I did report Kenny once, after his tirade on religion. I'm an atheist, but it was too much. I don't think he was banned that time.
I believe Karl reports people. He did on the Diamond board and he was so outraged in one thread, I think he reports to Admin. JMO

We are allowed to discuss racism or any other topic, just not in the confines of Politics. So, I, am not breaking the rules. The book "The Hoax is about the media, not politics per se. Instead of declaring its biased, first read some from it.

DF I once had a dr. refer to breasts as Boobs. He was male and I just smiled. It was certainly used in the vernacular. I would want a refund on my 7 days in jail.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup that's me! I'm sorry but if someone is being downright rude and hateful I'm going to say something. No, I don't report anyone I say it right there in the thread. There's just no need for that, life is hard for everyone why make it any more miserable on a jewelry forum?!
You troublemaker! ... slap4.gif please don't report me..:bigsmile:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never been banned or given a time out. I did report someone once who was behaving really bizarrely (think stalker) and they got a lil’ time out.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I got a 6 month or 1 year ban a long time ago. Think it was previous administrators. Reason was because I started a thread asking about missing people who were on time out. Resulted in me getting a LONG time out.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yup for 1 week for saying racist remarks, which when i said WHAT not true! what came back was my posts were sounding combative posts which then I just lol'd and apologized just about ANY post in many threads can be combative not just politics, I never called anyone a cracker which was cited, I think it came about by younger posters who just found what I said offended them.. I stand by my remarks still btw, but who knows, in one way I've been in good company in another it annoys me because of much much worse said by others but as my good old mom would say 'Girly, that's the way the cookie crumbles'

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but I've been given a couple of warnings and there are a couple of posters who take great joy in reporting me usually over nothing.... ie they can give it but can't take it back.

I have never reported anyone. I wear my big girl pants and can take as well as give criticism. A few precious souls here should learn to do the same. If you don't like it, don't read it and better yet do not participate in it. It really IS that simple.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
yup for 1 week for saying racist remarks, which when i said WHAT not true! what came back was my posts were sounding combative posts which then I just lol'd and apologized just about ANY post in many threads can be combative not just politics, I never called anyone a cracker which was cited, I think it came about by younger posters who just found what I said offended them.. I stand by my remarks still btw, but who knows, in one way I've been in good company in another it annoys me because of much much worse said by others but as my good old mom would say 'Girly, that's the way the cookie crumbles'

I’m really not trying to be combative, but you get that’s a derogatory term right? I didn’t report you, but I was shocked to see someone use such a term to refer to a group of people.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Never been banned or warned (which, considering the political threads is probably a testament to the mods' light touch), never reported anyone, don't have anyone blocked. I've never accused anyone of being a troll, but have asked DF if he was trolling us, so I guess that's different?

And of course, I'd NEVER dream of using a word like, well... the one DF said. Off to look for the fainting in horror emoji. :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but please tell me what derogatory term. I used if you know. :) .

Cracker? I can understand that some consider it derogatory term, like the bad word for black Americans, but I never thought I was such and I never thought much about it. I do not believe I ever used it other than perhaps a retort to bad words such as the derogatory word for Black Americans. If I did please let me know. I believe and still believe that the big complaint about me was that I gave what I thought and stood by what I believe and younger posters just didn't like it. I stand by what I said, which is moot anyway.

I’m really not trying to be combative, but you get that’s a derogatory term right? I didn’t report you, but I was shocked to see someone use such a term to refer to a group of people.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never reported anyone. I wear my big girl pants and can take as well as give criticism. A few precious souls here should learn to do the same. If you don't like it, don't read it and better yet do not participate in it. It really IS that simple.
hi501.gif

Yup, if PSers don't report each other then none of us will ever be banned, plus none of the threads will be locked. Too many acted like grade school kids.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think I’ve been reported, am I missing out?
Perhaps I should give it rebelliousness a whirl, like my daughter did, to “break free” from my goody two shoes persona!
My daughter after 13 years of glorious schooling got a detention on her 2nd last day of schooling, ON PURPOSE.
The Principal called me, very concerned, about her behaviour as she was an ANGEL not a renegade youth!
DD commented that even though they were breaking school rules (they left the school premises in a car at lunch time to get drive through McDonalds) she made sure P Plates (required here for Provisional drivers) were attached front and rear and everyone was wearing their seat belts.
While she wanted to see a “T” on her report card and visit the infamous “detention room” she had no desire to break road rules!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've never been banned, don't know if I've been reported - how do you know? I once got a warning and an edit for using the f word.

I once reported a post for what was a clear violation of the rule against discussing religion. The post was not Kenny's. It was made by a poster who was well-liked and very respected but it rubbed me the wrong way because I felt this person was getting away with being antagonistic when others were chastised for it (by members not admin). I was told by admin that they would let the post stand unless the conversation turned incendiary, which it didn't, because the poster had lots of friends.

And now I'm violating #7-e!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, if PSers don't report each other then none of us will ever be banned

I afraid many participants "behave" and choose their words mostly because they don't want to be banned. We all are different, some of us like to be in the epicenter of heated discussions (even confrontations). But I don't believe that such bloody arguments are productive and may be helping someone to see and understand things better/differently. No one will ever listen and think, and of course, no one will ever change their opinion. Is it possible to have a civil and respectful conversation without fearing that someone is going to push Report Concern button when things turn ugly? I don't think so. Fighting and bullying is the same sort of childish and immature behavior as reporting to "teacher", IMO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results