shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A to OEC

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Uh man. I feel a bit of an ingrate, I just got engaged last month, the setting and diamond are everything I asked for (and more), now I'm looking at others. I've really fallen for the rings Jewels by Grace posts on social media, the simple solitaire with warmer OEC, there's something so beautiful and elegant about them that makes me sort of second guess mine :lol:

I'm already planning my future upgrade and setting change, is that bad? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore what I have, but I feel like I ran with an idea in my head I've had since a young age, a vision, and although I still love that vision, I love others, too.

I haven't actually seen an OEC in person, but the videos she posts are insane, even GOG's youtube video comparisons of H&A vs OEC... have many of you seen an OEC is person, did you prefer it over a modern round?

I've completelyyyyyy changed my whole mind of what I want, I'm opting out of an eternity band, and come time for a wedding band, I may just have a plain platinum band and switch my 3mm setting now for a more petite band like the one below :love:

_38481.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have both an authentic OEC (my great grandmoter's) and an AVR. I had an ideal cut rb for many years, but the oec's have my heart - I found I just didn't get the same "thrill" from my mrb, so I consigned it! :)

Q

Queenie60

I have a few MRB's and love them. However, I have recently fell in love with OEC's. Recently purchased a Q from Love Affair Diamonds and it's gorgeous. I can't stop looking at it. I'm going to have a 3 stone OEC ring made sometime in the near future to wear as a wedding ring - switching it around with my current ring for a different look when I feel like a change. I have become an old cut nut! No thank's to PS! Didn't know what an OEC was until I started lurking and posting on PS. I was able to meet with Erica when I was in Washington state to see the stones in person! I was hooked immediately! Oh well, it's a great hobby!! :wavey:

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, I always drool when seeing your profile pic, it gives me life!! Thank you for adding your journey. Off to read it now!

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
LLJMOM, I hope to reach out to you again shortly, I read the entire thread and accompanying links, and I'm in awe of your diamond and setting. I'm going to do more research!! Please look out for some more posts in the near future :)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Breanne,

I was in a similar boat as you! Growing up I thought there was round, princess, pear, marquise. My first engagement ring was an RB, which was beautiful, but didn't really make my heart go pitter-patter. The relationship also didn't last. When I met my now amazing husband, I was deeply hooked into PS, reading all sorts of post on RT and SMTB, and absorbing all the knowledge that makes PS so awesome. I learned about OECs here and totally, completely, fell head over heels in love with them. I wouldn't consider any other cut for my engagement ring. I would also suggest looking at OldWorldDiamonds, who has a YouTube channel and Instagram account, and Erica from LoveAffairDiamonds. Erica and Grace used to work together, and now they have ventured into their own business projects.

I hope you can see some in person soon, keep us updated on finding what you love!

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I've gone a whole other direction than I ever thought. In my mind I always wanted a round solitaire, 3mm+ cathedral setting, and a large round eternity band. Then I thought, hmm, maybe an asscher eternity, or an emerald cut, then I thought of a 5-7 stone.

I realized nothing has been quite right, I really do love my current ER, I'm not married yet so no band, but I feel like it's not my forever ring already. I do still love that look, but I've really been gravitating towards 1.7mm band (I say that because someone's band was that size and I adore it lol) still a cathedral, but slim, dainty, perhaps a warm OEC with a petite plain wedding band to match.

I tried something similar on at Tiffany's, I'm not a Tiffany's girl, nor did I super love their 6 prong knife cut, but seeing the general look on my hand ... :love: :love: I'd want to go larger in stone, I currently have a 1.42, I'm thinking 2 carat + next.

It'll take me time as my fiancé will kill me, and I tend to love creating projects so I really need to slow down, but the simplicity to the plain setting and band, with a larger sparkling OEC... ugh, I drool. Attached below is the photo from Tiffany's in the following post.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the pic

img_13151.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results