shape
carat
color
clarity

Gwen and J are engaged!!! ...if anyone bet on March 31st, you won! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Nom nom nom!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Nutella cake?
18.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You too LP!!!!!!

And of course nutella cake!!!!

Salix

Rough_Rock
EeeeeEEEeeeeeeEEeeeEEE!!(<---- That was a shriek of happiness!)

Congratulations Gwen and J!

I am so happy for you both. =)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did I not see this??!!! Congratulations Auntie Gwen from me and James (and the rest of the family of course!!)

Big hugs!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, how did I miss this thread?!?! Congrats! I''m so happy for both of you
9.gif

Oh, and btw, your ring looks *identical* to my grandmother''s engagement ring. Crazy! What year is it from? We took the ering apart so my mom could use the stone, but I still wear the matching wedding band as a RHR. Love it! And I can''t wait til you get your MM
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hold the phone!!! You''re engaged?! I completely missed this! It figures -- I only venture to LIW occasionally.

K, I''m SO HAPPY for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Okay, now I''m off to finish reading the thread.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost missed this thread because I never read LIW but....... I read something in the Hangout that implied that our Gwen had gotten engaged! WooooooHoooooooo!! Congrats Gwen & J. I am SO excited for you both. Gwen your Great Grammy's ring is so pretty, sweet and sentimental. I wish I could have gotten engaged with my Grandma's ring, but alas, I wasn't the oldest grandchild. Still...... you are engaged, betrothed, en fianced! Enjoy this sweet and wonderful time of your life!

Much love and congratulations to Gwen & J!
emotion-19.gif
emcocktl.gif
emlove.gif

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Gwen! How in the WORLD did I miss this! I''m so, so happy for you and J.
9.gif
36.gif

And, though I understand it''s not the dream ring, I do love
30.gif
your grandmother''s antique ring. It''s a lovely heirloom to have attached to such a special occasion.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 3:07:03 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Nutella cake?
18.gif
omg YUM!

That sounds like something I want to eat EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, you ladies are the best!! I promise to thank you all individually when we get back to England--time is precious here in the US! (Although that hasn''t stopped me from popping in from time to time while waiting for J before we go out to see people
27.gif
). You are all so lovely--thank you again for you well-wishes and excitement for us. It really means a lot to me.
9.gif

30.gif
Big love to you all!
30.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Are you dress shopping with your mom yet?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 8:37:28 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Are you dress shopping with your mom yet?
No, and I don''t think we''ll get to go shopping together. We called to make appointments while I''m in the country but they were all booked up while J and I are in the country (we leave early Friday morning), and we looked at some department stores but they nothing that looked remotely bridal (well, at least not what I would be comfortable wearing at my wedding). I''m kind of sad that she won''t be part of the dress-buying process, but I''m going to have to get used to it since the next time I see her will be a day or two before the wedding (assuming she and my dad have the money to come out for it--she keeps going back and forth about whether or not they''ll have the money since their house hasn''t sold yet). She''s not going to be around for any of the planning.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Well that stinkin'' house better sell by 2010 !!!

Your parents will be at your wedding even if I have to pay for it, and I''m not kidding here.

In the mean time, when you get back you can give us some hints of the type of dress you see yourself in and we can virtual shop with you
21.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:33:05 AM
Well that stinkin'' house better sell by 2010 !!!

Your parents will be at your wedding even if I have to pay for it, and I''m not kidding here.

In the mean time, when you get back you can give us some hints of the type of dress you see yourself in and we can virtual shop with you
21.gif
You are very sweet to say such a thing, my dear, but my parents really need to get themselves to my wedding--although I figure their airfare may have to figure into our wedding budget to make sure there is no WAY they miss it. Priorities! I''m their only daughter! They can''t miss it!
3.gif

Will definitely post some of the dresses I like, although until we know what sort of venue we''ll have, it''s all sort of up in the air. We''ll probably only have money for a registry office/backyard BBQ wedding (which would be ok with me but not what J has in mind), BUT there''s a possibility we can have it at a stately home/castle in Wales because they''re giving away a "free" wedding to anyone who can guarantee 50 overnight guests on an off-season date on a Sunday-Thursday date. It''s designed to help ''spread the cost'' of the wedding through the guests, which could put it in the running, if the hotel fees for the guests aren''t insane. We''d still have to pay for food for everyone, but not having to pay a venue rental fee would be awesome!
31.gif

But yeah, backyard barbecue vs. stately home/castle wedding are two different types of dresses, so I''ll probably hold off on serious dress shopping for now.
1.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I''m all teary over here! I am so happy for you
9.gif
. You are such a lovely person, I wish you and yours all the best darlin''.

Love ya

Iwanna.

xx

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
OH! I''m soooo happy for you! I just finally got the news, I haven''t been around much lately! You are a sweetheart and I''m overjoyed by your news!!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Gwen...I took a PS hiatus for a while!!! CONGRATULATIONS AND YOUR RING IS GORGEOUS!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Gwennie dear!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY GWEN! YAY!

CONGRATS HONEY! I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW HAPPY AND EXCITED YOU ARE! i KNOW YOU WERE WAITING FOR A WHILE AND NOW YOUR ENGAGED! i LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR OVER IN THE BRIDE SECTION OF PS! YAY!
36.gif
36.gif

and the ring is beautiful! I love it!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:33:05 AM
Well that stinkin' house better sell by 2010 !!!

Your parents will be at your wedding even if I have to pay for it, and I'm not kidding here.

21.gif
Purr,
I run the other way when you have your claws out, but you have a kind heart.
36.gif

Gwen,
May I virtual shop with you too?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, ladies, you''re making me tear up over here! Thank you so so so much for being so incredible! And of course you can help me shop for my wedding dress! Yay!
36.gif

Ok, now to start replying to everyone who''s congratulated us! Hahah, you know I love you all to bits, but I am slightly worried about how long it will take!
32.gif
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
EricaR, hahaha, thanks, darlin''! You are so much fun to have around, even if you did want to cover my now-FI with monkey poo.
3.gif
I am so excited for you that your day is almost here! WOOHOO!!

bee-star, thank you, honey!! I can''t wait until we can go out for a night out in Dublin sometime! Yay!! Oh yeah, and we''re currently looking into getting married at a castle in Wales, so we might be castle twins! (Although obviously not the same castle
2.gif
)!

poshpepper, ooh, I brought you out of lurkdom?! Haha, wow, that''s cool! We had a GREAT time in the US, running around to tell everyone the news in person and almost never paying for a meal--everyone wanted to take us out to celebrate! It was a wonderful time. Thank you for your well wishes!
1.gif

caribqueen, thank you!

bebe, aww, you got teary-eyed over our story?! That''s too sweet! Thank you so much, darlin''!!

aveda6, hahah, thank you!! And congrats again on your engagement too, to your lovely bride-to-be!

fieryred honey, thank you so much!!! Yeah, he did fine in the end, but of course HAD to wait until the last moment--hahah.
3.gif

sammyj, thank you! Yeah, it really was very very good. He told my brother (who''s a chef) about it and my brother was like, "Wow, that sounds really good, I''ll have to try it." He did really well!!
36.gif

meresal, hahaha, that would have been absolutely priceless if J had made engagement chicken!!
9.gif
Thank you so so much for your congrats, sweetie!!

littlemissbliss, thank you! He did really well--it was a great night, and we had a wonderful visit at home, celebrating with everyone. Couldn''t have been more perfect!
1.gif

neatfreak, thank you, my dear!! Hehe, with all our celebrating back home, I think we definitely savored the moment, and then some! It was great--thank you!!

elle, thank you, sweetness!! Yeah, it was perfect, just the two of us. And just because I''m engaged now doesn''t mean I''ll leave LIW--after all, there''s still a couple of years of ''waiting'' for me to get my MWM!!
31.gif
2.gif

musey, thank you, honey!! We are both really excited, especially after our constant celebrations back home in the US.
1.gif

sba771, hahah, I know, right? Even though it technically wasn''t long at all (just a couple of weeks), it was AFTER he said it WOULD have happened otherwise, so it just dragged on and on! So glad it''s official now! Thanks for your congrats!
1.gif

Freke, hahaha, maybe he was looking over PS and read about all the "lovelies" that were in store for him if he waited much longer?!
6.gif
Thank you so much for your congrats, and your excitement (and your evil plans
2.gif
on our behalf! And just for being awesome in general too, of course. Thanks!
9.gif

absolut_blonde, thank you!!

Patiently_Waiting, aww, that''s so sweet! You came out of lurkdom for J and me too!! Thank you so much for following our story and for being so excited for us!
1.gif

NakedFinger, hehehe, thank you, darlin''!!

purrfectpear, your words are so touching they made me cry a bit. You are such an amazing woman that I am truly honoured by the depth of your wishes for us (even though there''s no way I''d let you pay for my parents to fly to the UK, it''s a lovely offer for you to have made
3.gif
). Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
9.gif

gummibear, aww, thank you so much!! We''re pretty happy too, it must be said.
3.gif
2.gif

iluvcarats, thank you thank you!! It was so great to celebrate with my family and friends too!

ladypirate, thanks, sweetie!! We have certainly been enjoying ourselves--totally living it up with everyone back home. And thanks for waiting on the list for me, heheh. Bet you''ll be off the list soon yourself, and HUGE congrats again on the house!!!
36.gif

Linda W, thank you thank you, my sweet!! You are such a darling--thanks so much for helping us to celebrate!! Lots of love to you too!
1.gif

choro72, hahah, yeah, please don''t throw any rabbit pee at J now!
3.gif
Thank you so much for your congrats, darlin''!! It''s so exciting!
9.gif

Po10472, heehee, love all the cute emoties! Thanks so much for your congratulations!

mscushion, hehe, thank you!!

LaurenThePartier, thank you, sweetie! We are so excited!! Thank you, thank you!!
1.gif

Pushin40, thank you!! What lovely well wishes! Thanks for them and your excitement for us!

Jewels305, thanks so much!

cartwheel, haha, yeah, it was torturous, but made me feel better to share it with all of you.
11.gif
Thank you so much for your congrats!!
1.gif

Lorelei, hahaha, thanks!!
3.gif

adak, thank you so much!!

Blackpaw, thanks, hon! Yeah, he did well with the proposal. Just my style! Thank you!
1.gif

Still_Waiting, hahaha, that''s too funny that it took you three tries to sign in to post your excitement about our news! Thank you so much!!
9.gif

redfaerythinker, aww, that is so sweet, darlin''! Thank you so much for your happiness for us!

Gypsy, thank you for the congrats, darlin''!!!

Skippy, thanks for your well-wishes, sweetie!!

kittybean, hehe, thank you, sweetie!! Your words made me grin, imagining a crowd giving us cheers! Heheh, thanks!!
1.gif

Diamond*Dana, thank you!!

blackpolkadot, hehe, thanks so much!!

Dreamgirl, thank you so much!! More photos will come, promise!

Keepingthefaith, awww, thank you so much, sweetheart! You sure you''re not going to stick around PS? We really miss you around here!

decodelighted, hahaha, I cracked up laughing (and J wanted to know what on earth I''d just read so then he cracked up too) at your suggestion that maybe I was just yankin'' everyone''s chain about the proposal. Nope nope, it''s real and we spent the past 2 1/2 weeks living it up with everyone from home! Yay indeed!! Thanks so much for your excitement for us!
9.gif

ckrickett, thank you so much, hon!!

somegirl932, aww, that''s so sweet! Thank you!

ChargerGrrl, thank you for your congrats! Yay!!
1.gif

Selkie, heheh, yeah, I could hear all the cheering! PS is amazing!!! Thank you so much for your congrats!!!

April20, ooh, another lurker brought out by our story--that is so wonderful!! How sweet of you to come out just to congratulate us! Thank you!!

IloveAsschers13, thank you!! And aye, it does feel amazing!
1.gif

ilovethiswebsite, thanks so much, sweetie!! Not sure how happy the wedding planning threads will be, but you''ll get oodles of ring pics, of this ring and my later ring!
36.gif

jcarlylew, hahaha!! Best news ever?! Wow, we''re way cooler than I ever realized!
3.gif
Thank you so much for your congrats!!!
9.gif

Starset Princess, hehe, maybe, but I think J''s way cuter than Sam.
3.gif
Seriously though, thank you so much for your congrats, hon!

inhisarms17, thank you!!

Tuckins1, hehe, aww, thank you!! More pics to come, no worries!

Octavia, aww, thanks, darlin''!! And might I say that the stone in your current avatar is positively scrumptious?! Ooh la la, what are your plans for that honey of a stone?!
30.gif

news_girl, thank you, m''dear! It''s been really fun!
1.gif

Ok, think I''ll post these and then pick up where I left off!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Blair138, hehe, thank you!! More pics will be posted later on, promise!
1.gif

pinkstars, thanks, it was a really sweet and thoughtful proposal. Made me very happy!

Bia, aww, what a lovely post! Thank you so much, sweetheart!! And yes, J is an absolute doll--I know I got a goodie.
31.gif
4.gif

equestrienne, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words and for being so excited for us! It means so much to me--yay! Thanks!
1.gif

swimmer, hehe, that''s so true--maybe he kept me waiting to emphasize how good it would be?! Regardless, thank you so much for your excitement for us!

softly softly, thank you so much for your well wishes! And thank you for the compliment on the ring!

Addy, aww, thank you, hon! Wish I had a prize for you since you guessed March 31st!
2.gif

Namaste, thank you so much!

ilovesparkles, hahah (all the posts with ''finally'' crack me up!), thank you so much!!!

laughwithme, thank you so much for your well wishes and for the ring compliments! It''s funny, because sometimes it looks absolutely tiny to me, and other times it looks like a decent size. Thank you for thinking it looks stunning, though!
1.gif

akmiss, aww, thank you so much!! We have definitely been enjoying ourselves and celebrating with our loved ones. Thanks for liking the look of the ring too!!

misskitty, hehe, yeah, sorry to drag it out but I wasn''t about to suffer through the wait alone!
3.gif
Thank you!

gaby06, thank you so much!!

rob09, thanks, good sir! Any new plans for you and your lady?
31.gif

trillionaire, haha, yeah, it was quite a stand-off!
3.gif
Thanks for the congrats!!

jcrow, hehe, thanks!! Will definitely post more ring pics (and a proper SMTR thread) when my camera is returned to me--accidentally left it in the US!
6.gif

Pandora, aww, thank you, sweetie!! We had an absolutely wonderful trip home, thank you! Hope you''re keeping yourself healthy and happy too!

SarahLovesJS, heehee! Thanks so much for the congrats and the compliments on the ring! See you in BWW!
2.gif

CrookedRock, thank you so much for your excitement for us, darlin''!! You are such a sweetheart--thank you!!

oobiecoo, aww, thank you, m''dear! It is definitely growing on me...
5.gif

mercoledi, hah, really? You always thought I was already married? Not sure why, but you aren''t alone--about half my coworkers thought we were either already married or already engaged, so they weren''t sure why I was telling them the news! Hahaha...anyway, thank you so much for your happy wishes!
2.gif

diamondrnglover, thank you!!

LaraOnline, thank you so much, for your happy wishes and the crowd of people applauding for us! They are too cute!
9.gif

B.H.S, aww, thank you so much for your sweet words, hon!

kama_s, hahaha, you are too adorable! Thank you thank you thank you so much for your excitement for us!! It makes this even more fun!
9.gif

sunnyd, thank you, sweetie! Hehe!

Brown.Eyed.Girl, hehe, aww, one day off was pretty close! Thank you for your congrats!
1.gif

Sparkalicious, that''s very sweet of you! Thank you so much for your congratulations!

Clairitek, haha, don''t know about any PS records but I am completely thrilled and also humbled by all the responses to this thread! My parents were too cute, actually--when they picked me up, I''d slipped the ring into my pocket so they wouldn''t see it until later when J joined us (he took a later flight). My mom asked once where my rings were (for the past 3 years I''ve had a ring on my finger from J) and I said they were packed away because they slide around and annoy me when dragging my luggage around, and she was like, "oh, ok." So later when we got J at the airport, I put it back on and then just held up my hand to show my parents. My dad said congratulations to us, welcomed J to the family and shook J''s hand, and my mom squealed a lot, hit me (excitedly) on the arm, and kept hugging the both of us! She teared up too, and said how happy she was for us about a hundred times.
9.gif

SparklyLibra, aww, thank you so much for you well wishes and excitement for us!! Glad you were lurking in the other thread to share in the anticipation with us.
2.gif

mimzy, thank you, sweetheart!! We''re pretty excited for us too.
9.gif

PilsnPinkysMom, hahahah, your posts are too funny!! Thank you so much for your excitement, sweetie! J really is a wonderful and amazing man and that I am incredibly fortunate that such a fabulous guy wants to spend his life with me. I really can''t believe it still, even though we''ve shared the story a hundred times while visiting friends and family at home in the US.
30.gif

Italiahaircolor, thank you so much for your wishes!
1.gif

thing2of2, thank you honey!! Yeah, it was definitely my kind of proposal too--sweet and just us, and he cooked! Perfect!
18.gif
Thanks for the compliments on the ring too--it''s still not my style but I love wearing it (only take it off to clean it!) for what it represents and where it came from. Maybe it''s growing on me?
31.gif

rainydaze, aww, thank you so much for you congrats!! Your little one in your avatar is too cute!
1.gif

happydreams, what a sweet post! Thank you so much, my dear!

iheartbora, haha, yeah, now that J''s cooked such a tasty meal for me, he''s doomed to many more days in the kitchen.
11.gif
Thanks for your congrats!
2.gif

KatyWI, heehee, thank you so much for your congrats and your compliments on the ring! And for your excitement for us! Yay!!
1.gif

rosebud10, thank you!

LtlFirecracker, heheh, thank you so much, darlin''!! Your happiness for us means a lot to me--thank you for the congrats!!
1.gif

Deelight, thank you for your "over the moon stinkin'' excitement" for us, honeypie!!
3.gif
9.gif
Hahah, that is too funny and cute--and best of luck to YOU finding out what to do with all the stockpiled animal excrement you''ve got on your hands now (no pun intended
2.gif
).
11.gif
2.gif

NewEnglandLady, heehee, your post is so sweet, NEL! Thank you so much for your kind words, your happy dance (teehee!) and your excitement for us--as it happens, my seat was a window seat and I probably spent a solid hour just watching the ring sparkle in the sunlight. No idea what you win--er, my undying love and friendship?
12.gif
2.gif

Bliss, haha, so glad all the wriggling paid off! Thank you so much for your congrats and the compliments on the ring. It does seem to look better on my hand the more I wear it!
1.gif

Ok, going to post these and then get back to it!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
tlh, thanks!! Yeah, Po''s emoties were pretty kickin''.
1.gif

Ellen, he is a complete sweetie! And I love how he was looking for foods to cook that he knew I loved, even if he didn''t! Thank you so much for your congrats, and for your compliments about the ring, my dear!

Hudson_Hawk, hehe, thanks so much!!

KimberlyH, yes, James and I have been through a lot, which only solidifies that he''s the one! Thank you so much for your kind words, darlin''. They mean a lot to me!
1.gif

AllieGator, thank you so much for your congrats!

Eden, aww, what a sweet post! Thank you so much for your excitement for us and the compliments on the ring!

AprilBaby, aww, thank you so much!

Lynnie, yay, how great that you popped into LIW to give us your congratulations! Thank you so much!
1.gif

Monnie, thank you, sweetie!! Hehe, have already posted two threads in BWW!
12.gif

AdiS, that''s so nice that you''ve been following our story! Thank you so much for your congrats!

wishful, thank you, darlin''!! One day hopefully we''ll get a Torch like yours but for now it''s great to have my great-grandma''s ring! Thanks again for your congrats!!!
9.gif

PearlDahhhling, heehee, glad you were on pins and needles waiting like I was! And yes, it worked out for the best in all ways for us to wait to get my dream ring and use my heirloom in the meantime. My mother LOVED that we''re using it! Thank you for your well wishes, m''dear!
1.gif

AmberGretchen, hahah, yay! Thank you for your cheers!!

HopeDream, aww, your words are so kind! Thank you for the congrats, the sweet words about the ring and everything! And no worries, you all will definitely get to see all the bits of my wedding--need help with it all since my mom''s so far away!

fuzzers, thanks so much, hon!!

gryffindor, hahah, yeah, remembering what he made makes me hungry too, so I just sent him back into the kitchen!
27.gif
31.gif
9.gif

princessplease, thank you for your congrats, hon!!

stephbolt, thank you so much, darlin''! Our trip was absolutely fantastic too--we had a great time sharing our happy news with everyone!
36.gif

Elmorton, thanks for your sweet words, my dear!! We really are very fortunate to have an heirloom to use in the meantime before we get my ring later on. Thank you so much for your congrats, hon!
1.gif

diamondseeker, thank you for your cheers, m''dear! And yes, we really are very fortunate to have the heirloom. Glad you like it!!
1.gif

katamari, hahah, awesome! Glad you were suffering right along with me!
3.gif
We had an amazing time back home, thank you!

ringless, aww, thank you so much for your sweet words and congratulations!

chocolatefudge, thank you, sweetie!
1.gif

Haven, heehee, loved your post! Thank you so much for (as always) being an absolute ray of sunshine, sweetie! Your congratulations mean the world to me--thank you thank you thank you so much for being so excited for us!!!
9.gif
36.gif

portia, ooh, another lurker brought out by our story! Wow! Hahah, and no, you''re not a stalker--I love that you''ve been following our story and came out to help us celebrate! I love that he cooked too (got him doing it again tonight, bwahaha
11.gif
2.gif
). Thank you so much for your congrats!
1.gif

Dani, thank you so much for your congrats and well wishes! And can I just say that I love your avatar? Always cheers me up!

Freke, now that we''re done with our visit, I can say everyone was really excited (although not hugely surprised) and we were taken out for a bunch of meals to congratulate us. It was really great.
9.gif

msprincess, thanks!

DandiAndi, hehe, thank you so much for your congrats and for saying the ring is stunning! It definitely is looking better and better to me!
2.gif

Ianna, thank you so much for your kind words! It''s the history in the ring that I love the most, even though the sparkles come in a close second.
5.gif

idreamofcushions, heehee, thank you, darlin''! He really did do a great job with the proposal, and it''s lovely to get to use my great-grandma''s ring. Thanks!

Delster! hahah thank you so much, honey, for your nice and loud celebration for us!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Travel Goddess, haha, love it when threads make people talk out loud!! Thank you so much for your congrats, m''dear!

purselover, thank you for your sweet wishes!

Porridge, thanks so much for the congrats!

icekid, thank you so much! We had a great time sharing our news with everyone, and all the folks who met him for the first time just loved him. It was wonderful!
1.gif

merrymunky, thanks for your congrats! It is lovely that we got to use the heirloom. Glad you think it''s gorgeous!

lliang_chi, aww, thank you, hon!!

TGal, thanks so much for your congrats, m''dear!

ams0124, what a touching post! Thank you so much for all the exceedingly sweet things you said, and I think your well wishes brought a small tear to my eye. Thank you, hon!

Salix, hahaha, your typed-out shriek of happiness is adorable.
3.gif
Thank you so much for your excitement and congratulations!

Maisie, awww, thank you so much for your congrats, from you, my sweet James, and the rest of your wonderful, beautiful family! Sending lots of love to all of them, and you too, of course!
1.gif

elrohwen, oh wow, your grandmother''s ring looks the same?! That''s fantastic! I don''t know what year it''s from--the only info stamped on it is that it''s 14K gold--don''t know anything else about it yet, although when we have some extra cash (haha, in a few years? maybe?) I want to get it appraised. Thank you so much! And yeah, I can''t wait until I get the MM either.
2.gif

ZoeBartlett, hehe, thank you so much, honey! I''m glad you ventured in here eventually and found out our news--we''re really happy and excited!
1.gif

gemgirl, what a sweet and touching post! Thank you so much for your well wishes for us! I am sorry you weren''t able to get engaged with an heirloom; I realize how fortunate we are that we had that choice. Thanks again!!

rubybeth, thank you so much, honey!! So good to see you again--how is everything going with you? And it''s funny (or maybe not so much) that the more I wear this ring, the more it grows on me. And regardless of whether it''s my engagement ring for a little while or forever, it will always be really special to me. Thank you so much for your congrats, darlin''!
1.gif

iwannaprettyone, awww, how sweet that you got teary-eyed over this! Your post made MY eyes tear up, and then J was like, "Wait, why are you crying? Aren''t your reading congratulations posts?" Haha, yeah, emotional ones! Thank you so much, sweetheart. Lots of love to you too!

bensbride, that is so lovely that you''re so excited for us!! Thank you so much for your post, m''dear!
1.gif

PrincessDijon, thanks so much sweetie! Sorry to hear about what you''re going through right now, but things will get better--I''m sure of it!

Harriet, thank you so much, dahlink!
9.gif

redrose229, thanks for being so excited about our news! We are both really looking forward to the wedding (although the planning and paperwork, not so much
3.gif
). Have already posted twice in BWW! Woohoo!

Thanks again, everyone, for sharing our special day by being so happy and excited for us! It means a great deal to me. Thank you!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember, Nutella cake on Wednesday!!!!!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I am SUPER late to the party haven''t been on lately as FI is sick but wanted to say...

A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU GWEN AND J on your engagement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I wish you both all the luck in the world as you embark on this new and exciting journey together...Have a blast with the planning and all the fun details...Hugs!
21.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 3:57:18 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Remember, Nutella cake on Wednesday!!!!!
*clears throat* Haaaaaaaaaaaaaappy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Freeeeeeekeeeeeeeee, happybirthdaytoyoooooou!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 4:41:14 AM
Author: btrflygrl23

Sorry I am SUPER late to the party haven''t been on lately as FI is sick but wanted to say...

A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU GWEN AND J on your engagement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I wish you both all the luck in the world as you embark on this new and exciting journey together...Have a blast with the planning and all the fun details...Hugs!
21.gif
Thank you, sweetie!! I hope the planning turns out to be better than expected, as I''m sorta dreading it.
32.gif
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to share a couple of the engagement pictures we have--they were totally spur-of-the-moment at a party that sort of turned into our engagement party, and one of our friends likes to take photos, so she took a bunch of us together. Since it wasn''t planned, we don''t match.
3.gif
Also, we had a VERY hard time taking it seriously, so out of the 71 photos she took total, only a few don''t have us cracking up with laughter.
12.gif

Anyway, here''s one of the semi-normal ones...
4.gif

00118.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results