shape
carat
color
clarity

Guys, I really need some support . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Just wanted to send some hugs and prayers..

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Hi honey! I''m so sorry about your doggie.
15.gif
((hugs)) And sorry I''m late on this. I''ve been so busy, I don''t get to spend much time on here anymore. Its going to take some time for you, but it''ll get better. Just don''t be afraid to take some time to yourself and mourn your loss. As much or as often as you feel. When I lost my Ginger last year, I framed a picture of us together and put it on my nightstand. She''d slept on the pillow next to me for almost 20 years, and I didn''t know how to face the nights without her. But having that picture helped me still feel and remember her. And its still there today. You''ve been through so much with Cesaer. There was this depth to your relationship with him with all that you had gone through with him by your side, and that will never fade! He''s always gonna have a special spot in your heart. All those times shared will always be with you!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
As hard as it was to read, I''m so glad you told us more of the story. I agree totally with NEL ... the sun ... being beckoned back in by his loved ones ... drifting to sleep feeling so loved. What other word could apply but beautiful? Even though his loss is so painful to those left behind.

I''m not ready to read the other quotes & passages you posted yet. Barely keeping it together myself these days! But I wanted to thank you for sharing your story & offer more *hugs* for this transition period.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitby & Sarah ~ Thank you both. ((((HUGS))))

Jo ~ Thank you, sweetie. I think your idea about the picture on the nightstand is a great one! I''ve been hoping to find a pretty little box to put all his stuff in, like his baby teeth (yes, I kept them!) his collar and leash, etc. Maybe I can find one with a picture frame built into the lid? I''ll have to look around for something like that.

Deco ~ Thank you so much. I think it really was beautiful, and I''m so glad that he got to do it in his own way. And how are you doing, dear? This is hell, huh? ((((HUGS))))
emrose.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG I can''t tell you how heartbroken I am for you. Nothing is quite like the pain we experience when losing a pet, they are so selfless and loving. What a beautiful way for your gorgeous boy to leave the world, he sounded so peaceful. Tears are flowing for you and your family.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2009 9:45:36 AM
Author: DandiAndi
IG I can''t tell you how heartbroken I am for you. Nothing is quite like the pain we experience when losing a pet, they are so selfless and loving. What a beautiful way for your gorgeous boy to leave the world, he sounded so peaceful. Tears are flowing for you and your family.
Andi, thank you. We really do miss him . . . the house just feels so empty now.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Im so sorry for your loss Irish
39.gif

He sounded like such a sweet boy.
My thoughts are with you and your hubby
12.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2009 4:39:40 PM
Author: poshpepper
Im so sorry for your loss Irish
39.gif

He sounded like such a sweet boy.
My thoughts are with you and your hubby
12.gif
Thanks, Posh. He really was a sweetie-pie.
5.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Irish, i am a so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose a pet and it did seem that Ceasar knew how he wanted to go and how to make it easier on you. What a way to go though, in the sun and not the stress of the vets office.
May Ceasar be in doggy heaven playing with out pain and having all the food he wants and needs!

just incase anyone ever needs to put down an animal and you just cant imagine taking them to the vet, alot of vets will come to the house and do it. We did that last year with our yellow lab, who had a VERY high anxiety with the vets office, and i didnt want to spend my last moments with her like that. She was just laying outside with my mom, dad, brother and my SO and our other 2 dogs and it was the best experience. She went so peacefully with no stress. It was the hardest thing i have done to date and now our 16 year old dog is facing the same path, it might sound strange, but i find it comforting knowing Lexi is up there waiting for Bear and that our experience with lexi was comforting.

We are getting a dane this fall so any tips you have for me would be welcomed...

In closing Irish, you and Ceasar are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2009 4:12:19 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 5/1/2009 9:45:36 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Andi, thank you. We really do miss him . . . the house just feels so empty now.
IG
sorry to hear about Cesaer.
7.gif
now you can bring "Lucky F***er" into the house.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
IG, I am really late to this thread, but I wanted to say how sorry I was to hear that you lost your darling boy. It was never going to be easy letting him go, but it''s at least nice to think he went to sleep sitting in the sun. How my doggies love to snuggle up in the sun and snooze.

I am sure Ceasar is in heaven now, catching some rays up in heaven. Sending you lots of hugs.

I will give my two fur babies an extra cuddle tonight, reading your story makes me realise that our little friends won''t be around forever, it''s nice to share some warm snuggly cuddles when you can.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beanie ~ Thank you. DH took all of Caesar''s left over medications to our vet''s office on Monday evening. While he was there, he talked to our vet (Dr. Becker) for a short while. Dr. Becker said she absolutely would have come to the house for us if we needed her to, but she was glad to hear that he went on his own terms. I''m excited to hear that you''re getting a Dane! They really are the sweetest dogs. The only tip I can really think of right now is to put a bathroom rug under your dogs'' water dish to catch the drool. Trust me on this one! LOL! Just be warned: they''re known as the "heartbreak breed" for this very reason. Their life spans are so short (only about 7 to 10 years), and you just get SO attached to them in that short period of time. Honestly, that is really the only downside to owning a Dane. Are you getting a boy or a girl? What color? Do you have a name picked out yet? I can''t wait to see pictures!
21.gif

DF ~ Thank you! But I don''t think DH would be cool with bringing Red inside! LOL!
2.gif

Honey ~ Thanks. I really do think he went in the best way possible. Like you said, I knew it wasn''t going to be easy, but I can at least take a little bit of comfort in knowing that he was warm and happy laying in the sun and he just fell asleep. I just thank God that we didn''t have to make the decision for him and call Dr. Becker. I think, if he had lived much longer, we probably would have had to do that. I am just so thankful that he spared us from making that awful decision.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Thats good to know that your vet would have come to the house, it really is the most comforting thing.

I have never had a Dane before but i have always loved this breed. We are planning on getting a fawn male and fall can''t come soon enough, we have a name but that can change once we see the pup, but we are planning on Yoda! Thats a great tip about the bathroom rug! I should have done that with my yellow lab, she was a sloppy water drinker too! I have heard that they are the "heartbreaker breed" because of their short live span, but the way I look at it as long as I can give the dog the best possible life it can have while they are here then i will be happy. No matter if the dog lives 6 years or 20... it will be hard to let go because they are my fur-babies and once i am responsible for a pet i get attached and attached fast.

Once our little guy comes into our lives i will be sure to post pictures.
Take care Irish... and Caesars pictures made my heart melt.. what a sweetie!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 10:52:01 AM
Author: beanie
Thats good to know that your vet would have come to the house, it really is the most comforting thing.

I have never had a Dane before but i have always loved this breed. We are planning on getting a fawn male and fall can''t come soon enough, we have a name but that can change once we see the pup, but we are planning on Yoda! Thats a great tip about the bathroom rug! I should have done that with my yellow lab, she was a sloppy water drinker too! I have heard that they are the ''heartbreaker breed'' because of their short live span, but the way I look at it as long as I can give the dog the best possible life it can have while they are here then i will be happy. No matter if the dog lives 6 years or 20... it will be hard to let go because they are my fur-babies and once i am responsible for a pet i get attached and attached fast.

Once our little guy comes into our lives i will be sure to post pictures.
Take care Irish... and Caesars pictures made my heart melt.. what a sweetie!
Awww, fawns are so beautiful! And that''s too cute that you''re going to name him Yoda! That''s a great name!
9.gif

Have fun with him, Beanie . . . you''re gonna love him! I can''t wait to see pics!
21.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I know people are going to ask if we are Star Wars fans, which we arent really... Yoda comes from Toyota.. which is my SO toy truck, the Toyota FJ-40.. we also have a golden named Halo, and for the longest time people thought we were huge Halo gamers, which we arent either!

The count down to get him has begun!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 11:40:39 AM
Author: beanie
I know people are going to ask if we are Star Wars fans, which we arent really... Yoda comes from Toyota.. which is my SO toy truck, the Toyota FJ-40.. we also have a golden named Halo, and for the longest time people thought we were huge Halo gamers, which we arent either!

The count down to get him has begun!
So, is there any particular reason why you''re waiting until fall? How about NOW instead?
9.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results